Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caitlin Clark

+24
DWags
steveschneider
NigelUno
AvgMSUJoe
duffy munn
Rick Saunders
Robert J Sakimano
Trapper Gus
tGreenWay
Pervis Muldoon
Motown Spartan
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
gomersbro
Nordic
aualum06
MSU addict
InTenSity
Bert Savoy
Travis of the Cosmos
The Pantry
kingstonlake
Other Teams Pursuing That
Jake from State Farm
28 posters

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Caitlin Clark  - Page 5 Empty Re: Caitlin Clark

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-04-03, 11:43

Mulkey dresses like she'd be on her way to a Barry Manilow concert if it weren't for all the gay people.

also, Caitlin Clark is a bad ass and was the most exciting player in college basketball this season.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-04-03, 11:49

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:Stupid take: Reese showed enormous respect to Clark by seeking her out immediately after the game instead of celebrating with her team. Two great competitors. Let it go.

Let’s talk about the officiating.

[tw]1642634905220775939?s=20[/tw]

lol. What the hell is going on there.

Coaches on the floor of games has gotten out of control. Almost every coach does it now, including Izzo. Mostly on the defensive end. I'd be drawing up plays to run into coaches that repeatedly step out of their coaches box and on the court. Get them T'ed up.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-04-03, 12:04

Turtleneck wrote:

Agreed, and it will end up overshadowing an exciting NCAA tournament (for no good reason). Nordic mentioned the growth of the women's game in this thread, which was proven in this Tournament.

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The internet has a bad take. I for one am outraged about the outrage!

The fact that people are still talking about it today is good. We had the best players and best teams going at it. Add in a little Magic/Bird, Jordan/Isiah type drama and this tournament generated more buzz for women's college hoops than I can remember.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-04-03, 12:15

I wonder if there is some amount of strategy to wearing a bright gold sequin outfit as the coach. Like, the other team might be just a shade distracted by that from time to time?

I so move that Izzo needs to wear a full head to toe gimp suit to the next final four he gets to. there’s no way the other team runs by that without taking a second look.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-04-03, 12:16

Mulkey is trash.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-04-03, 12:27

Nordic wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Agreed, and it will end up overshadowing an exciting NCAA tournament (for no good reason). Nordic mentioned the growth of the women's game in this thread, which was proven in this Tournament.

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The internet has a bad take. I for one am outraged about the outrage!

The fact that people are still talking about it today is good. We had the best players and best teams going at it. Add in a little Magic/Bird, Jordan/Isiah type drama and this tournament generated more buzz for women's college hoops than I can remember.

I think it would be better if people were talking about the game, and not turning it into a black/white thing.

The whole she (Clark) started it (excuse) is lame.  In different games?  If Clark was doing it to LSU players, then I can see Reese giving it back.  It was just weird.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-04-03, 12:59

NigelUno wrote:
Nordic wrote:

I think it would be better if people were talking about the game, and not turning it into a black/white thing.

The whole she (Clark) started it (excuse) is lame.  In different games?  If Clark was doing it to LSU players, then I can see Reese giving it back.  It was just weird.
agree.

Predictably, people just run to their corner and start shouting. It's the world we live in.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-04-03, 13:02

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I wonder if there is some amount of strategy to wearing a bright gold sequin outfit as the coach. Like, the other team might be just a shade distracted by that from time to time?

I so move that Izzo needs to wear a full head to toe gimp suit to the next final four he gets to. there’s no way the other team runs by that without taking a second look.

Made a quick mock-up of what that could look like I think it’s genius

Spoiler:
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

WhiteBoyHatcher, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2023-04-03, 13:20

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I wonder if there is some amount of strategy to wearing a bright gold sequin outfit as the coach. Like, the other team might be just a shade distracted by that from time to time?

Spoiler:

Excellent plan. Ball is already halfway to the basket and Davison has barely taken his eyes off Tom Gimpzo.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-04-03, 13:22

NigelUno wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Like you said earlier, it was a bit excessive with the following her around stuff, but it didn’t bother me. Again, Clark’s wave off in the semi-final was ice cold IMO, so whatever. I think the overall reaction to Reese has been more excessive than anything Reese did.

I like what Nordic said above about a bit of a player rivalry. It’s good for the game and both of these women are incredibly talented basketball players who are super competitive.

The focus should be on LSU winning a title and the horrible officiating. DWags is right, the officiating was a disservice to the Tournament and a horrible way to end a great WCBB season.

Also, LSU having Mulkey and BK is pretty villainous.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-04-03, 13:25

Spoiler:

Please ban yourself.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-04-03, 13:36

Rick Saunders wrote:

Spoiler:

Excellent plan. Ball is already halfway to the basket and Davison has barely taken his eyes off Tom Gimpzo.

You can really see how shook they are
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-04-03, 13:49

Mulkey is the coach you hate unless she’s coaching your team.  She’s got a history of doing whatever it takes to motivate her teams going back to Louisiana Tech when she was an assistant coach with Barmore.  

There are reasons she spent 15 years as an assistant and didn’t get her first HC job at Baylor until she was 38 while Tech only had 2 seasons of 10 and 12 losses and the rest were five or fewer.

Mulkey didn’t mind the “disrespect” talk on Saturday and come Sunday LSU shot the lights out compared to Iowa.  Iowa let them shoot and LSU took advantage.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-04-03, 13:54

Spoiler:

Just go full Hulk suit

Caitlin Clark  - Page 5 Ea6b98cc-a22a-4b38-94d9-078042600106-AP19299113537447
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos, Turtleneck and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-04-03, 16:15

Can we talk about the fucking refs? Reese gets a mystery foul in the first half and then the tech. WTF NCAA. Those were your best for possibly the biggest game in women’s bball history?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-04-03, 17:13

GRR Spartan wrote:Mulkey is the coach you hate unless she’s coaching your team.
I can't imagine any scenario in which I would like a bigot.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-04-03, 18:01

DWags wrote:Can we talk about the fucking refs? Reese gets a mystery foul in the first half and then the tech. WTF NCAA. Those were your best for possibly the biggest game in women’s bball history?

Not a great game for the stripes.

I noticed it more in the South Carolina/Iowa game, but it has to be hard to ref when one team has a clear physical advantage.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-04-04, 01:41

Jill Biden has entered the chat.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bert Savoy 2023-04-04, 08:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Mulkey dresses like she'd be on her way to a Barry Manilow concert if it weren't for all the gay people.

Well Barry is gay ...

Oh, and he is a helluva performer.
Bert Savoy
Bert Savoy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-04-04, 08:43

Turtleneck wrote:Jill Biden has entered the chat.

[tw]1643024890813874179[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-04-04, 15:53

NigelUno wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Jill Biden has entered the chat.

Well that is pretty dumb if true
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-04-04, 16:57

Nordic wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Well that is pretty dumb if true

Yep

Iowa's Caitlin Clark says only LSU should visit White House
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, Turtleneck and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-04-04, 18:56

Angel Reese is now the Majorie Taylor Greene of women’s college basketball.

EVERYONE will know her opinion on EVERYTHING via social media.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-04-04, 19:11

GRR Spartan wrote:Angel Reese is now the Majorie Taylor Greene of women’s college basketball.

Yeah, no. Outspoken does not mean MTG. Reese is not a f%&king lunatic. Nonsense post, GRR.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-04-04, 21:20

Get it Turtleneck.

Didn’t know you think a mocking response of Jill Biden invite, although not realistic or tradition was okay. Okey dokey.

Reese was ramping up Saturday with her disrespect comment.  Disrespect because Iowa and Clark dared South Carolina to shoot, they wouldn’t so that’s disrespect.  Okey dokey.

Angel Reese is all about her brand and EVERYONE is going to know about HER.  It’s who and what she is about.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-04-04, 21:38

GRR Spartan wrote:Get it Turtleneck.

Didn’t know you think a mocking response of Jill Biden invite, although not realistic or tradition was okay. Okey dokey.

Reese was ramping up Saturday with her disrespect comment.  Disrespect because Iowa and Clark dared South Carolina to shoot, they wouldn’t so that’s disrespect.  Okey dokey.

Angel Reese is all about her brand and EVERYONE is going to know about HER.  It’s who and what she is about.

Pretty disrespectful to say the losing team should be invited, too. Not only that, the LSU team is nearly all black, and the Iowa team is nearly all white, so it might very well have registered a bit differently with Reese. I don't know. What I do know is that comparing somebody you probably never heard of before Sunday to a crazy neo-fascist only because she is vocal seems perfectly fine to you.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-04-04, 23:06

GRR Spartan wrote:Angel Reese is now the Majorie Taylor Greene of women’s college basketball.

Hot take. #bookmarked
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-04-05, 08:36

Welcome to 2023, GRR.

That is what social media stars are all about, and it isn't being egotistical just for personal gratification, it is all about the Bemjamins.

btw - IMO Jill Biden's invitation was totally tone deaf, which everyone saw right away. The skin color on the teams made it worse. I'm sure the White House thought it was a celebration of woman, but sometime the old folk don't "get" it.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-04-05, 10:11

Trapper Gus wrote:

Welcome to 2023, GRR.

That is what social media stars are all about, and it isn't being egotistical just for personal gratification, it is all about the Bemjamins.

btw - IMO Jill Biden's invitation was totally tone deaf, which everyone saw right away. The skin color on the teams made it worse. I'm sure the White House thought it was a celebration of woman, but sometime the old folk don't "get" it.

LSU's Angel Reese declines Biden's White House invitation: 'We'll go to the Obamas.'

Rolling Eyes
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-04-05, 20:01

Cannot imagine other coaches letting a sophomore transfer speak for the team not only declining a White House invite but add they’d celebrate with a former POTUS.

Mulkey is in for a wild ride.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-04-05, 20:17

GRR Spartan wrote:Cannot imagine other coaches letting a sophomore transfer speak for the team not only declining a White House invite but add they’d celebrate with a former POTUS.

I don't think she's speaking for the team.

But, they did get 5 transfers (4 started) last year. Maybe she is.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-04-05, 20:58

GRR Spartan wrote:Cannot imagine other coaches letting a sophomore transfer speak for the team not only declining a White House invite but add they’d celebrate with a former POTUS.

Part of me wonders how much of this is actually being encouraged by the staff. LSU WBB hired a "Director of Personnel & Influence" last summer. Her job is 100% NIL and boosting program visibility. I think she worked with Mulkey at Baylor. I don't think any other program has that position. They definitely push the program in the social media sphere for visibility.

[tw]1619077011120525312?s=20[/tw]

[tw]1642962487405584384?s=20[/tw]

I follow some WBB stuff on social media, and out of nowhere, about a month or two ago, the sponsored area (or whatever it is) kept pushing LSU WBB content. So they are tuned into what is good (or not so good) for program visibility, and I guess they are not too bothered by it. It is quite possible Reese being allowed to be herself is actually quite appealing to other young women. Also, let's be honest, Mulkey did not want to go to the Biden White House any more than you or I would have wanted to go to the Trump White House.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-04-05, 21:03

They'll be at the White House 

Caitlin Clark  - Page 5 4113017228 still generating buzz
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-04-05, 21:07

Nordic wrote:They'll be at the White House 

I think so, too. Keeping the buzz going is key to this whole thing.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2023-04-05, 21:10

Turtleneck wrote:
Nordic wrote:They'll be at the White House 

Caitlin Clark  - Page 5 969504605
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-04-05, 21:14

I think that sometimes we suddenly elevate idiots to the front of the national conversation then act surprised when they do odd idiot things.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-04-05, 21:19

InTenSity wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Caitlin Clark  - Page 5 969504605

What you did there: I seen it. Caitlin Clark  - Page 5 2267303065
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

InTenSity likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-04-05, 21:38

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I think that sometimes we suddenly elevate idiots to the front of the national conversation then act surprised when they do odd idiot things.

At no point have we elevated Guest to the front of any national conversation.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-04-05, 22:49

Turtleneck wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I think that sometimes we suddenly elevate idiots to the front of the national conversation then act surprised when they do odd idiot things.

At no point have we elevated Guest to the front of any national conversation.

Why you sonuvabitch!!!! Caitlin Clark  - Page 5 1896033241
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-04-06, 00:37

But I have been comped to the biggest room in Turtleneck's head again.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next