Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nascar driver Tony Stewart reportedly ran over another driver on purpose

+33
Bill Cain
tanfan!
Blanch32
tTito
Wally Fairway
StylesGShmooth
Nordic
SpartanMikey
Chitown_Badger
Cosmo_Kramer
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
AvgMSUJoe
Larry Kazamias
kingstonlake
The Pantry
Cym Jim
beal99
SpartanInNH
Code_Warrior
Brock Middlebrook
Gomer
By-Tor
SawGreen
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
CheesySpartan
NigelUno
pulling69
P Rob
Turtleneck
Rodeo Burger
37 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Nascar driver Tony Stewart reportedly ran over another driver on purpose - Page 3 Empty Re: Nascar driver Tony Stewart reportedly ran over another driver on purpose

Post by By-Tor 2014-08-12, 10:49

Chitown_Badger wrote:

Spot on in my opinion. First part made was pretty funny, but so true. Second part makes total sense, and the acceleration, back end sliding out, no need for him to be that close but still being there all support it.

That being said, if the case could be made that that is in fact what happened, what kind of charge would that be?
. Wards body is what caused the back end to slide out. Watch it closely.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Nascar driver Tony Stewart reportedly ran over another driver on purpose - Page 3 Empty Re: Nascar driver Tony Stewart reportedly ran over another driver on purpose

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-08-12, 11:39

By-Tor wrote:
.  Wards body is what caused the back end to slide out.   Watch it closely.  

I disagree. The body being hit and thrown by the wheel would have created drag on that side, and if anything, Stewart's car would have veered the OTHER way. Think about what happens when cars have blowouts. A blowout on the right rear would cause the car to pull right (meaning back goes left, and front goes right).
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-08-12, 12:08

Chitown_Badger wrote:

I disagree. The body being hit and thrown by the wheel would have created drag on that side, and if anything, Stewart's car would have veered the OTHER way. Think about what happens when cars have blowouts. A blowout on the right rear would cause the car to pull right (meaning back goes left, and front goes right).

Has Marisa Tomei been called in as an expert witness?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-08-12, 12:39

Turtleneck wrote:

Has Marisa Tomei been called in as an expert witness?

Thank you, Ms. Vito!
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-08-12, 12:45

tTito wrote:

Thank you, Ms. Vito!
you have been a lovely.. lovely.. witness.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2014-08-12, 12:58

SpartanMikey wrote:
He's done the same thing himself multiple times, you mean to tell me he didn't see the guy?

It took a while and some prodding but at least we finally got to the point of your post(s) :)
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2014-08-12, 13:06

Wally Fairway wrote:

I seriously think that Tony Stewart may have thought he was going to kick up some dirt at the kid; there is no way he meant to hit him - but either the kid was closer than Tony thought or the back end broke loose earlier than he thought. Tony is pretty much a red ass, and he wasn't going to let some punk ass kid get of his car and go all red ass on him.
My contention will never be able to be proven.

Definitely possible. Unfortunately there is not enough evidence to tell either way. But there seems to be a contingent of people that are dead set on this "obviously" being how it went down and can't fathom there being any other explanation.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-08-12, 13:12

A couple years ago Tony Stewart said that he should have ran over another driver. He has a bad temper, and he drives cars very fast. He likes to intimidate people using his car as a means to do so (like putting people into the wall, spinning them out, etc.).

Unless TS comes out and admits some type of culpability, we'll never know. But I wouldn't put it past him, and as someone who isn't a race fan, he's the only driver I know to have the reputation that he does (though I'm sure there are others).
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-08-12, 13:19

Nordic wrote:

Definitely possible.  Unfortunately there is not enough evidence to tell either way. But there seems to be a contingent of people that are dead set on this "obviously" being how it went down and can't fathom there being any other explanation.

On the Tony Stewart fan scale, would you rate yourself as a big Tony Stewart fan, or a huge Tony Stewart fan?
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-08-12, 14:41

Is it fair to say if the other drivers think he is at fault some form of NASCAR street justice will be applied?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-08-12, 15:08

Blanch32 wrote:Is it fair to say if the other drivers think he is at fault some form of NASCAR street justice will be applied?

Pointing and yelling at each other as if you would beat each others ass if there weren't 150 guys around you holding you back???? Prolly.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-08-12, 15:10

Blanch32 wrote:Is it fair to say if the other drivers think he is at fault some form of NASCAR street justice will be applied?

Yes, I think most of the other drivers will mount .50 calibers on their cars like in Rat Patrol and hose him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-08-12, 15:27

It is fair for you to say that.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-08-12, 16:36

NigelUno wrote:

It is fair for you to say that.

Pls tell me this was real weak attempt at a generalized joke...m
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-08-12, 16:39

Blanch32 wrote:

Pls tell me this was  real weak attempt at a generalized joke...m

I'm not going to explain the jokes to you...m
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2014-08-12, 17:40

Chitown_Badger wrote:

On the Tony Stewart fan scale, would you rate yourself as a big Tony Stewart fan, or a huge Tony Stewart fan?

Wearing a #20 Home Depot flame retardant race suit as I type. Kurt Busch fan?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-08-12, 19:27

Nordic wrote:

Wearing a #20 Home Depot flame retardant race suit as I type.  Kurt Busch fan?

I do enjoy a Busch Light when drinking really cheap beer, so, maybe?
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-08-12, 21:10

LooseGoose wrote:

Yes, I think most of the other drivers will mount .50 calibers on their cars like in Rat Patrol and hose him.

Shit, I'd watch that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-08-12, 21:20

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm certainly not a NASCAR driver.. but I would think that when you exit your car and start walking across the racetrack that there is an implied assumption of the risk involved..

Thank God you're a lawyer, then.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-08-12, 21:22

Chitown_Badger wrote:

I do enjoy a Busch Light when drinking really cheap beer, so, maybe?

Okay, we're at least talking casual fans here. Not "Camping out at Daytona, wearing Tony Stewart's colors because he's a GOD" fans, but at least casual fans. Kudos.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-08-12, 21:52

Chitown_Badger wrote:

The guy in front of stewart was far enough ahead of him that you can't convince me Stewart couldn't have avoided him. That other car also had no issues driving around him and didn't need to gas it for any reason.

I still believe stewart was going to send a message to the kid and he fucked up and killed him. Or you can suggest that those other drivers are somehow better than Stewart, which I'm not believing either.

this.  As someone who has actually driven a Nascar I can tell you a little bit about how they are set up.  The cars are set up for the long left hand turns.  If you release the steering wheel in a straightway, the car will veer violently left and off the track.  You literally have to hold on tight in the straights to keep the car from veering left. They set them up like that so you can maintain speed in the left turns you are making.  Now, those dirt carts are all making left turns and they are most likely set up the same way.  Those carts slide around the left turns they are making so the front end steering is set up so that when you accelerate the rear tires will spin to the right and the front end will dig into the left of the race track.  So, when Tony hit the gas to spin the wheels, the car naturally took a right hand turn.  i think Tony was trying to spin the tires to brush the kid off and he screwed up.  Both are at fault.  If my hunch is correct about the manner in which those carts are set up, tony could get hit will a large personal injury verdict.  The experts will let us know down the road.  My hunch though is the car was set up for those left turns and Tony knew what he was doing.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2014-08-12, 23:42

Tanfan! wrote:

this.  As someone who has actually driven a Nascar I can tell you a little bit about how they are set up.  The cars are set up for the long left hand turns.  If you release the steering wheel in a straightway, the car will veer violently left and off the track.  You literally have to hold on tight in the straights to keep the car from veering left. They set them up like that so you can maintain speed in the left turns you are making.  Now, those dirt carts are all making left turns and they are most likely set up the same way.  Those carts slide around the left turns they are making so the front end steering is set up so that when you accelerate the rear tires will spin to the right and the front end will dig into the left of the race track.  So, when Tony hit the gas to spin the wheels, the car naturally took a right hand turn.  i think Tony was trying to spin the tires to brush the kid off and he screwed up.  Both are at fault.  If my hunch is correct about the manner in which those carts are set up, tony could get hit will a large personal injury verdict.  The experts will let us know down the road.  My hunch though is the car was set up for those left turns and Tony knew what he was doing.
"As somebody who has actually driven a Nascar..."  Shocked 

"Dirt carts"  Nascar driver Tony Stewart reportedly ran over another driver on purpose - Page 3 1431518612 

Dafuq is a Nascar? You don't know shit again  Nascar driver Tony Stewart reportedly ran over another driver on purpose - Page 3 502811600
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-08-13, 00:04

Gomer wrote:

"Dirt carts"  Nascar driver Tony Stewart reportedly ran over another driver on purpose - Page 3 1431518612 

Dafuq is a Nascar? You don't know shit again  Nascar driver Tony Stewart reportedly ran over another driver on purpose - Page 3 502811600

I liked that story.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-08-13, 02:56

Gomer wrote:

I've driven at the Disney and Daytona tracks. You can drive a nascar for a fee. It's a blast. You should try it. They teach you all about how the cars are set up. You go through training and then you get to drive the car. Ps. I hate you too  Nascar driver Tony Stewart reportedly ran over another driver on purpose - Page 3 2743283739
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2014-08-13, 07:31

Tanfan! wrote:

I've driven at the Disney and Daytona tracks. You can drive a nascar for a fee. It's a blast. You should try it. They teach you all about how the cars are set up. You go through training and then you get to drive the car. Ps. I hate you too  Nascar driver Tony Stewart reportedly ran over another driver on purpose - Page 3 2743283739
Disney track. Got it. 

Nascar driver Tony Stewart reportedly ran over another driver on purpose - Page 3 Antique-car-ride
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-08-13, 07:33

gHost Spartan wrote:I feel bad for Tony Stewart. Guy may never race again because some idiot punk kid decided to challenge Stewart in order to defend his turf. What an idiot.

Never race again? I bet he races this weekend.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2014-08-13, 10:54

Tanfan! wrote:

Hey that's cool - I've played PGA tour courses, and have talked to PGA players.....that in no way makes me think I am a pro golfer.

But I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night & I think Stewart was sending a message to the kid. I don't think he meant to hit him, the kid should have never gotten out of his car...but just like some asshole who tries to splash a people by going through a puddle and hits them by accident, I really think that Stewart has partial blame (the other driver seemed able to miss Ward).
I also think that there is no way to prove Stewarts intention, and he will not have charges pressed and that if civil action is brought Stewart will lawyer up with the best money can buy (Tanner are you available)
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-08-13, 10:59

Tanfan! wrote:

Nascar driver Tony Stewart reportedly ran over another driver on purpose - Page 3 502811600  Nascar driver Tony Stewart reportedly ran over another driver on purpose - Page 3 502811600  Nascar driver Tony Stewart reportedly ran over another driver on purpose - Page 3 502811600 
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2014-08-13, 11:02

Gomer wrote:
Disney track. Got it. 

Nascar driver Tony Stewart reportedly ran over another driver on purpose - Page 3 Antique-car-ride

lol

Not to side track this conversation ( Nascar driver Tony Stewart reportedly ran over another driver on purpose - Page 3 2102841802 ), but how the **** does Disney get away with having the same rides for the last 40 years? I took my kids on the same crap my old man did 30 years ago.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-08-13, 11:17

Tanfan! wrote:

Did you drive faster than gHost?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2014-08-13, 11:38

[quote="Wally Fairway"]

2nd Deg Murder and Negligent Homicide don't require intent.
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-08-13, 11:42

SpartanInNH wrote:

Okay, we're at least talking casual fans here.  Not "Camping out at Daytona, wearing Tony Stewart's colors because he's a GOD" fans, but at least casual fans.  Kudos.  

I'll watch it if nothing else is on. Will usually "root" for Matt Kenseth simply because he's from the 'Scons, but that's it.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-08-13, 11:45

I feel bad for Tony Stewart. Guy may never race again because some idiot punk kid decided to challenge Stewart in order to defend his turf. What an idiot.

You feel bad for someone that killed someone else, but not bad for someone who killed themselves?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-08-13, 11:47

Tanfan! wrote:

I don't think I've ever seen such a serious, detailed post like this from you before. Good stuff and information.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2014-08-13, 12:21

Kid shouldn't have been on the track. Survival of the fittest. I'm happy he died. Social Darwinism at its finest.
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by beal99 2014-08-13, 12:24

Tanfan! wrote:

Tanner, did you just have a stroke?
beal99
beal99
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-08-13, 12:29

Bill Cain wrote:Kid shouldn't have been on the track. Survival of the fittest. I'm happy he died. Social Darwinism at its finest.

It's not really survival of the fittest, since the guy got hit by a car.

And secondly, the term "social darwinism" doesn't apply since they were both white guys. Other than that, awesome post.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2014-08-13, 12:41

Chitown_Badger wrote:

It's not really survival of the fittest, since the guy got hit by a car.

And secondly, the term "social darwinism" doesn't apply since they were both white guys. Other than that, awesome post.

Why does it matter what their skin color was? Why are you so racist?
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2014-08-13, 12:46

Bill Cain wrote: I'm happy he died.

really? like, did you do a little happy dance?
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-08-13, 12:46

Bill Cain wrote:

Why does it matter what their skin color was? Why are you so racist?

You should google social darwinism.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next