Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protests on campuses. Let’s put it here.

+10
GRR Spartan
steveschneider
AvgMSUJoe
Robert J Sakimano
Cameron
TravelinMan
Travis of the Cosmos
Motown Spartan
Trapper Gus
DWags
14 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Protests on campuses. Let’s put it here.   - Page 4 Empty Re: Protests on campuses. Let’s put it here.

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 1 May 2024 - 10:59

pretty fun watching republican/libertarians bemoan how institutions of higher education shouldn't be about peaceful protesting, but about 'learning', when they've spent decades denigrating any form of education, 'cause they know an educated electorate is bad for their brand.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Protests on campuses. Let’s put it here.   - Page 4 Empty Re: Protests on campuses. Let’s put it here.

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed 1 May 2024 - 12:00

AvgMSUJoe wrote:On CBS the mayor of New York was adamant many "professional protestors" where among those arrested. Made it sound like the kids where collateral damage.

Wonder who was funding that?

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/new-york-city-mayor-eric-adams-addresses-protests-at-columbia-university/?intcid=CNM-00-10abd1h
Not sure if you're hinting at Republicans, which certainly could be the case, but also Russia, China, Iran, etc., all stand to gain by civil unrest here, just as I assume that the US gets it's hands in protests in those countries.  That's been going on for decades.

I would also assume that Islamic terrorist groups had a presence there for recruiting purposes.  The situation definitely creates some opportunities to get students to enter the portal.

This isn't to say that these groups started the protests.  I do believe the protests started genuinely by the students.  But it also creates an opportunity that bad actors (domestic and/or international) will try to exploit.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags, AvgMSUJoe and sεяεηιτλ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 1 May 2024 - 14:46

I really like this guy.

[tw]1785705412186062887[/tw]
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 1 May 2024 - 15:20

[tw]1785671791387852824[/tw]
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 1 May 2024 - 15:35

Can you imagine in 1964, if the far left said they wanted the civil rights act and the voting rights act that were passed in 1965, Passed immediately or else they were staying away from the polls for Johnson.

I wonder if Barry Goldwater would’ve been good with passing those acts?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus, steveschneider and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 1 May 2024 - 15:39

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 1 May 2024 - 15:54

DWags wrote:Can you imagine in 1964, if the far left said they wanted the civil rights act and the voting rights act that were passed in 1965, Passed immediately or else they were staying away from the polls for Johnson.

Could you imagine if the civil rights act of 1964 didn’t exist and instead LBJ spent all of his time ignoring the will of the activists leading up to an election but gave of the general attitude of “vote for me anyway but never forget to go fuck yourself”
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 1 May 2024 - 15:55

Oh sorry also the civil rights act was in 1964. July. Voting rights act was in 1965. Bad example
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 1 May 2024 - 16:14

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Oh sorry also the civil rights act was in 1964. July. Voting rights act was in 1965. Bad example

Voting rights act was signed in August 1965. More civil rights acts were signed in 68. Specifically the housing act. One reason why Ali didn’t want to serve was because he could t buy a house in certain areas of Louisville.

I’m not sure Goldwater signs em.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 1 May 2024 - 16:18

DWags wrote:Can you imagine in 1964, if the far left said they wanted the civil rights act and the voting rights act that were passed in 1965, Passed immediately or else they were staying away from the polls for Johnson.

I can imagine that if Johnson said "I'm not passing them at all, but vote for me anyway because the other guy also won't pass them," he might have lost himself the election.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 1 May 2024 - 17:11

imagine being upset at an encampment on a college campus but okay with genocide.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ Wed 1 May 2024 - 21:53

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I honestly think some of you just simply aren’t aware of the horrors Israel is inflicting on an entire people. The word genocide isn’t being used as a joke or hyperbole.

The literal instant Israel fought back after being viciously invaded, attacked, and hundreds of people abducted, the Palestinians were screaming genocide.  like literally Right fugging away.  Excuse me if i don't exactly believe every one of their claims.  It's in their best interest to gain sympathy from the world.  It's also in their best interest to fucking live.  So who the fuck knows what's really going on. The only thing I do know is that it wasn't genocide the minute an IDF soldier stepped foot in the gaza strip on the offensive so that doesn't bode well for their claims.  Don't take this that I agree with everything israel has been doing but this is war and quite literally the only thing the palestinians can do to fight back against them is to try and pit the world against them so they will do and say anything to do that.  It's the war of words for them while israel actually has the power to destroy them after they were attacked. If that's your only card to play... maybe don't start the war in the first place?
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 1 May 2024 - 22:18

You are either incredibly stupid, incredibly immoral, or (my pet theory) heaping helpings of both.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 1 May 2024 - 22:24

sεяεηιτλ wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I honestly think some of you just simply aren’t aware of the horrors Israel is inflicting on an entire people. The word genocide isn’t being used as a joke or hyperbole.

The literal instant Israel fought back after being viciously invaded, attacked, and hundreds of people abducted, the Palestinians were screaming genocide.  like literally Right fugging away.  Excuse me if i don't exactly believe every one of their claims.  It's in their best interest to gain sympathy from the world.  It's also in their best interest to fucking live.  So who the fuck knows what's really going on. The only thing I do know is that it wasn't genocide the minute an IDF soldier stepped foot in the gaza strip on the offensive so that doesn't bode well for their claims.  Don't take this that I agree with everything israel has been doing but this is war and quite literally the only thing the palestinians can do to fight back against them is to try and pit the world against them so they will do and say anything to do that.  It's the war of words for them while israel actually has the power to destroy them after they were attacked. If that's your only card to play... maybe don't start the war in the first place?

Pick a thread and stick to it. Don’t spam or I’ll start deleting posts.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu 2 May 2024 - 9:26

https://apnews.com/article/columbia-protests-eric-adams-outsiders-5319fdf36599295a3840d77c69458b57

Is this woman an "outside agitator" or not.  It is very hard to tell from the reporting, which notes that her husband was a member of a pro Palestinian group who was deported.

To me that misses the real story of outside influence, which is thar some of the anti-Israel student groups, and yes, to a large extent that is what they are, are student chapters of national groups who have the same beliefs.  Is it "outside agitation" or "infiltration" of campuses when national groups with a political agenda establish student chapters.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 2 May 2024 - 10:56

lol people are so fucking stupid but it’s pretty funny that a frat could raise this much money by taking one picture and pretending they’re actually doing something

https://www.gofundme.com/f/pi-kappa-phi-men-defended-their-flag-throw-em-a-rager
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu 2 May 2024 - 12:39

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:lol people are so fucking stupid but it’s pretty funny that a frat could raise this much money by taking one picture and pretending they’re actually doing something

https://www.gofundme.com/f/pi-kappa-phi-men-defended-their-flag-throw-em-a-rager

The more things change...

Douche Nozzels wrote:
Commie losers across the country have invaded college campuses to make dumb demands of weak University Administrators.

But amidst the chaos, the screaming, the anti-semitism, the hatred of faith and flag, stood a platoon of American heroes. Armored in Vineyard Vines and Patagonia, fueled by Zyn and White Claws, these triumphant Brohemians protected Old Glory from the unwashed Marxist horde -- laughing at their shrieks and wails and shielding the Stars & Stripes from Soviet missiles.

These boys... no, men, of the UNC Chapel Hill Pi Kappa Phi, gave the best to America and now they deserve the best.

Help us raise funds to throw this frat the party they deserve, a party worth of the boat-shoed Broleteriat who did their country proud.

So the "battle" on the campuses are uber-lib hippies throwing a fit over something no one in the country has control over VS dbag frat boys thinking it's all a joke.

Plus "outsiders" on either flank stirring the pot.

Sounds like when I was on campus in the early 90's.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ Thu 2 May 2024 - 12:52

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
sεяεηιτλ wrote:

The literal instant Israel fought back after being viciously invaded, attacked, and hundreds of people abducted, the Palestinians were screaming genocide.  like literally Right fugging away.  Excuse me if i don't exactly believe every one of their claims.  It's in their best interest to gain sympathy from the world.  It's also in their best interest to fucking live.  So who the fuck knows what's really going on. The only thing I do know is that it wasn't genocide the minute an IDF soldier stepped foot in the gaza strip on the offensive so that doesn't bode well for their claims.  Don't take this that I agree with everything israel has been doing but this is war and quite literally the only thing the palestinians can do to fight back against them is to try and pit the world against them so they will do and say anything to do that.  It's the war of words for them while israel actually has the power to destroy them after they were attacked.  If that's your only card to play... maybe don't start the war in the first place?

You started it by claiming so many are ignorant for not believing things are the way you say they are. Am I not allowed to explain the counter argument?  I outlined how at least one major thing was an exaggerated lie, which casts a shadow on all the other claims and your claim that we are ignorant of the horrors Israel is inflicting. When you say something like that here, what I said is also relevant to the thread
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 2 May 2024 - 13:14

True American's should donate to non-profits that benefit the needy in their community. Fuck sending money to kids for 'protecting' a flag. Man, those white boys are going to have a rough time once they graduate.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 2 May 2024 - 13:15

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:lol people are so fucking stupid but it’s pretty funny that a frat could raise this much money by taking one picture and pretending they’re actually doing something

FFS.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 2 May 2024 - 13:17

sεяεηιτλ wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

You started it by claiming so many are ignorant for not believing things are the way you say they are. Am I not allowed to explain the counter argument?  I outlined how at least one major thing was an exaggerated lie, which casts a shadow on all the other claims and your claim that we are ignorant of the horrors Israel is inflicting. When you say something like that here, what I said is also relevant to the thread

I was replying to someone else 6 hours beforehand. You posted nearly identical comments within minutes of each other in multiple threads the day after I had to merge a thread of yours because you were again blasting the board with topics that already have threads and attacking a long time poster.

Dont spam or I’ll delete shit. Get over it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu 2 May 2024 - 15:22

InTenSity wrote:True American's should donate to non-profits that benefit the needy in their community. Fuck sending money to kids for 'protecting' a flag. Man, those white boys are going to have a rough time once they graduate.
No they won't.

Because they worked hard to join that frat... Guarantee 2-3 of them will inherit a company and give the best jobs to the rest. Rinse Repeat.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ Thu 2 May 2024 - 21:46

ter argument?  I outlined how at least one major thing was an exaggerated lie, which casts a shadow on all the other claims and your claim that we are ignorant of the horrors Israel is inflicting. When you say something like that here, what I said is also relevant to the thread

mmk well, i guess you can't be proven wrong or disagreed with.  You're the man now dog

p.s. maybe go after that special "long time poster" for spamming as well, she's been posting the same drivel over and over and over and viciously attacking anyone that dared speak out against her.  If what i did is spamming, that's spamming too.

p.p.s. i have been here for ten years
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu 2 May 2024 - 22:18

Protests on campuses. Let’s put it here.   - Page 4 200.gif?cid=ddb306a50mgem1hfcdn56gyyhwzro6v86z29gjp1pvfvwccj&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 2 May 2024 - 22:29

If any of you want something better to donate to.

https://support.gigisplayhouse.org/gigifit-acceptance-challenge-2024/team/kyles-paper-towel-team?participant=intensity-x
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn, DWags, sεяεηιτλ and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ Thu 2 May 2024 - 22:48

Cameron wrote:Protests on campuses. Let’s put it here.   - Page 4 200.gif?cid=ddb306a50mgem1hfcdn56gyyhwzro6v86z29gjp1pvfvwccj&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200

spam
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ Thu 2 May 2024 - 22:56

InTenSity wrote:If any of you want something better to donate to.

https://support.gigisplayhouse.org/gigifit-acceptance-challenge-2024/team/kyles-paper-towel-team?participant=intensity-x

Sorry, we already donate occasionally to gigis royal oak, MI. We went to a big auction. I bid on some art from a kid that drew pokemon paintings but i freaking got outbid
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri 3 May 2024 - 8:59

https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/a60619935/a-study-reveals-the-place-where-time-moves-9-slower-for-humans/

And I thought it was reading this thread that caused time to slow down.

Protests on campuses. Let’s put it here.   - Page 4 969504605
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri 3 May 2024 - 9:59

The police are stupid.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nypd-claims-bike-chain-sold-183500102.html

Students radicalized by outside groups who established student chapters, dummies.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Fri 3 May 2024 - 10:26

Eric Adams is a dishonest dipshit.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Fri 3 May 2024 - 11:22

CNN's Disgraceful Propaganda

Perhaps the most important thing about this segment, though, is that it exists at all—that it was deemed acceptable for Bash to air something so clearly biased and incendiary about such a sensitive topic. CNN executives would have lost their minds if Bash compared pro-Israel protesters to Nazi sympathizers, or even if she used disputed terms like “apartheid” or “genocide” to describe Israel’s behavior. But this kind of unhinged screed against the pro-Palestinian movement is apparently just fine. People supporting Palestine get to be written off as violent, Nazi-like extremists without a second thought, and CNN viewers tuning in for a supposedly fact-based look at the world get told that this is objective reality.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri 3 May 2024 - 11:36

With every post Cameron is sounding more and more magat Q level bonkers....

Like melting down right in front of our eyes.
(echo... echo... echo...)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn, Trapper Gus and sεяεηιτλ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Fri 3 May 2024 - 12:47

Blow me, Joe. No substantive input from you whatsoever. Show me where I'm wrong.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Fri 3 May 2024 - 19:52

Apparently it is Qanon level conspiracy theorizing to believe that these protests are a natural reaction to probably the worst humanitarian crisis these students have seen in their entire lives, and NOT some astroturfed foreign op by Russia, China, and Iran to radicalize our young people.

Apparently it is MAGA behavior if you DON'T display unconditional fealty to any candidate.

Apparently, if you oppose what Israel is being allowed to do to Gaza, you are in an echo chamber.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri 3 May 2024 - 20:46

I wonder if all these kids who are so sure they know how social media works to influence kids have a clue as to how social media works to do that.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ Fri 3 May 2024 - 21:16

Cameron wrote:Blow me, Joe. No substantive input from you whatsoever. Show me where I'm wrong.

Every time i quote you i show you where you're wrong, but you blow on by it like the donald trump campaign trying to outlast media attention on a scandal.
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri 3 May 2024 - 21:35

Hey.. why are we getting picked on?

[tw]1786550826279829868[/tw]
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Fri 3 May 2024 - 21:44

sεяεηιτλ wrote:
Cameron wrote:Blow me, Joe. No substantive input from you whatsoever. Show me where I'm wrong.

Every time i quote you i show you where you're wrong, but you blow on by it like the donald trump campaign trying to outlast media attention on a scandal.

Mostly what you do is lie about my position and excuse Israel's genocide.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri 3 May 2024 - 21:45

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Hey.. why are we getting picked on?

[tw]1786550826279829868[/tw]

Sounds like what the national antiIsrael groups have been saying for years, boy is that odd or what?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ Fri 3 May 2024 - 23:43

Cameron wrote:
sεяεηιτλ wrote:

Mostly what you do is lie about my position and excuse Israel's genocide.

How many times have you claimed regular horrible war is genocide?

Several dozen times?

And i'm the liar
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

AvgMSUJoe and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next