Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protests on campuses. Let’s put it here.

+10
GRR Spartan
steveschneider
AvgMSUJoe
Robert J Sakimano
Cameron
TravelinMan
Travis of the Cosmos
Motown Spartan
Trapper Gus
DWags
14 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Protests on campuses. Let’s put it here.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Protests on campuses. Let’s put it here.

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-04-27, 09:24

Come on cam, first a solar eclipse and now students are protesting? You don’t think these things are obviously the actions of the shadow cabal?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Protests on campuses. Let’s put it here.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Protests on campuses. Let’s put it here.

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-27, 09:31

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Come on cam, first a solar eclipse and now students are protesting? You don’t think these things are obviously the actions of the shadow cabal?

I provided the links, however, as far as I can tell you guys aren't interested in the possibility that this is another political manipulation of part of our population, in this case college students, by outside influencers with some set of agendas.

That lack of questioning what is going on, IMO, makes it easier for people to be divided and manipulated by others with agendas.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-04-27, 09:51

CHEMTRAILS ABOVE COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY???? What don’t they want you to know?????

Protests on campuses. Let’s put it here.   - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQ-yO4VImHAue0ClJkQQzBVb0GusJMRDanqSYEB0xOtg&s
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, DWags and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-04-27, 09:58

echo chambers...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-04-27, 15:18

[tw]1784222169746063773[/tw]
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-04-27, 15:19

[tw]1784257913743097919[/tw]
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-27, 16:22

Columbia Bans Gaza Camp Activist Who Said “Zionists Don’t Deserve to Live” and Talked About Beating Them to Death…

I don’t know, it seems to me, these are some of the best universities in America, You could have healthy debate without all the rhetoric. Get rid of the players on both sides. I just think if you have one or even two people like this guy spewing that kind of rhetoric, administration won’t meet with the students and consider divestment
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-27, 17:32

Probably the most disturbing of the reports of anti-jewish rhetoric is that of the former spokesperson for the Columbia University protest, Khymani James, who posted in January, "“Zionists don’t deserve to live” and people should be grateful James wasn’t killing them.".  James has since " walked back" that post., and is no longer the spokesperson.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/anti-war-protesters-dig-in-as-some-schools-clamp-down-on-encampments/

Sorry DWags but your link keeps trying to download a virus warning, so I found another.

I'm going to add this link to a story about Jewish students supporting the protests...

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/jewish-students-faith-palestine-university-protests

The link below provides some perspective on protesters near Columbia using anti-Jewish language...

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/4/22/columbia-university-on-edge-over-gaza-whats-going-on

From all the links about ongoing protesting, from at least as far back as November, at Columbia, this protesting has been building up for months.

There is also this analysis of one of the groups, of which the student chapter at Columbia is part of, from the Anti-Defermation(sp) League...

https://www.adl.org/sites/default/files/adl-report-jewish-voice-for-peace.pdf

It suggests it's Jewish title is somewhat suspect, however, given who is writing this and their unwaving support for Israel this is a questionable statement, IMO
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-04-28, 02:02

[tw]1783435597165588760[/tw]
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-28, 08:29

Protests on campuses. Let’s put it here.   - Page 2 Scree252

https://www.axios.com/2024/04/27/palestinian-college-protest-arrest-encampment

Researching these phenomena by searching on "Jewish Voice for Peace" and reading the articles you find it, and also the pdf in my post above it becomes clear that these protests are being orchestrated by an antizionist organization which has been doing this for years.

Some of this group are people trying to destroy the Jewish state.

The high collateral damage in Gaza by the IDF has opened up, emotionally, a horror which the group is exploiting.

The MSM is reporting on these groups.

https://apnews.com/article/israel-hamas-war-college-protests-c94bb0cd246bcc692de86b76b9b2a8cf
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-04-28, 08:42

You are a conspiracy theory nut job it’s final.

You are seeing that because that’s what you want to see because of your complete inability to acknowledge when you’re deadass wrong. No different than a flat earther who insists they can’t see the earth curving. And I will continue to treat you as such until you admit your post was shitty, or slink away and let everyone else move off of this nonsense. I’m helping you grow as a human trapper, I hope you can understand that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-28, 08:52

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You are a conspiracy theory nut job it’s final.

You are seeing that because that’s what you want to see because of your complete inability to acknowledge when you’re deadass wrong. No different than a flat earther who insists they can’t see the earth curving. And I will continue to treat you as such until you admit your post was shitty, or slink away and let everyone else move off of this nonsense. I’m helping you grow as a human trapper, I hope you can understand that.

What can I say.

Your labeling of me is wrong, is about all, I guess.

Did you read the AP report?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-04-28, 10:03

Pretty much every entry was "they're a grassroots group that has been operating for years, the ADL gets mad when they criticize Israel." No evidence of any grand conspiracy to turn our college students against Joe Biden and the democrats. No grand conspiracy needed to accomplish that, though...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-28, 10:17

Cameron wrote:Pretty much every entry was "they're a grassroots group that has been operating for years, the ADL gets mad when they criticize Israel." No evidence of any grand conspiracy to turn our college students against Joe Biden and the democrats. No grand conspiracy needed to accomplish that, though...

IMO Joe Biden is collateral damage as far as the organizations who have been pushing the ideas, and developing the student chapters for decades are concerned, though not knowing where the money that funds them comes from that is just my opinion.  (Who is funding them addresses the "grass roots" question.)

Some of the people in the organizations are very forthright about their desire to destroy Israel, others in the organizations want to improve Israel, it is a mixed bag, and it depends of which organization.  Yes, the ADL paints them all with the same brush, however, the value of the ADL report is it shows what these organizations are & believe, what they have done over the years, and who their leadership is. (As it condemns them.)

My interest all came about due to the question one poster asked about if the protests were "organic" which I thought mean, did a bunch of people just get together for the first time in their lives and start these protests.  To me it appears that is really not the case, as the demands being made are the demands the groups who have existed for some times have been making for years, which at least suggests they are very much involved in these "student" protests.  These protests are a reaction to Gaza forsure, but they have been organized by people who have been fighting this fight for a long time.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-28, 10:35

I was the one who asked if these protest were really organic or not. While I am on the side of them not being as organic as the Vietnam protest were, I do believe the longer they go, and the more steam they get, you have to use the term organic at some of these campuses.

Kids are really pissed off about a lot of things, They are using this movement in my opinion to voice Their thoughts and Gazza, But I have to believe there is a lot of under built-up anger about other subjects

Watched real Time with Bill Maher this week, It was one of the most interesting sessions I’ve seen. There is really a feeling of hopelessness for people under 30 as far as catching the American dream, And that’s frustrating for many.

I’m really interested to see if these campus protest kickstart any other type of campus protests around the country. And those will be organic. Next fall could be the most interesting Historical time on campuses and as far as the election goes since 1968
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-04-28, 10:44

All the hand-wringing about whether or not these protests are "organic," and whether anyone feels uncomfortable because of the protests is a great way for the media and the Zionists to shift the focus of the conversation off of criticism of Israel's genocide and the US's complicity in it.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-28, 10:51

daughter and her boyfriend (4 MSU degrees between them) drove from Ferndale yesterday to spend time at the pro-Palestinian encampment at MSU.

She sent my wife an I some pictures, we discussed a bit of what was going on there via text. They drove back last night and said that, more than anything, it was comforting to just be surrounded by like minded people who are opposed to genocide and war crimes, to discuss what can be done at the grassroots levels.

that's about all a parent can ask for.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-04-28, 11:02

Who paid for her to be there, Bob? Trapper needs to know.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-28, 11:02

DWags wrote:I was the one who asked if these protest were really organic or not. While I am on the side of them not being as organic as the Vietnam protest were, I do believe the longer they go, and the more steam they get, you have to use the term organic at some of these campuses.

Kids are really pissed off about a lot of things, They are using this movement in my opinion to voice Their thoughts and Gazza, But I have to believe there is a lot of under built-up anger about other subjects

Watched real Time with Bill Maher this week, It was one of the most interesting sessions I’ve seen. There is really a feeling of hopelessness for people under 30 as far as catching the American dream, And that’s frustrating for many.

I’m really interested to see if these campus protest kickstart any other type of campus protests around the country. And those will be organic. Next fall could be the most interesting Historical time on campuses and as far as the election goes since 1968

I'm less convinced of "organic" than that, only because for the protests I have looked up, not many I admit, in each case the same organizations student chapters are involved. I do think that the publicity is helping this protest grow, and that there are students who are being drawn in by it as the "thing to do", like those two students you quoted earlier. If the students were demanding "end the war" then organic would make more sense. Demanding that the college & universities revamp their investment portfolios is a pretty esoteric way to "end the war" but matches perfectly what the parent organizations have been demanding.

IMO the younger generations are being hampered in their economic development by both the demographics of having a large number of older working people in the country, and from between 45 to 80 years of the gradual destruction of the middle class friendly economic systems in the US.

Biden is trying to address some of that, but again, most of the stuff that needs to be done is so obscure & esoteric that many of the people affected don't see what is being done or how it will improve their situation.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-28, 11:04

Cameron wrote:Who paid for her to be there, Bob? Trapper needs to know.

I'm trying to stay away from snark.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-04-28, 11:06

Trapper Gus wrote:

You should try harder to stay away from stupid.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Zurn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-28, 11:13

Cameron wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

You should try harder to stay away from stupid.

There are no stupid questions.

What I really want to know in terms of money is who is funding the 503's that pay for the national organizations who support the student chapters, but of course that is the point of 503's, they are not legally required to publish their donor's lists.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2024-04-28, 11:14

Doesn’t matter. Uncle Joe will pay it off.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Zurn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2024-04-28, 11:18

Trapper Gus wrote:
Cameron wrote:Pretty much every entry was "they're a grassroots group that has been operating for years, the ADL gets mad when they criticize Israel." No evidence of any grand conspiracy to turn our college students against Joe Biden and the democrats. No grand conspiracy needed to accomplish that, though...

IMO Joe Biden is collateral damage as far as the organizations who have been pushing the ideas, and developing the student chapters for decades are concerned, though not knowing where the money that funds them comes from that is just my opinion.  (Who is funding them addresses the "grass roots" question.)

Some of the people in the organizations are very forthright about their desire to destroy Israel, others in the organizations want to improve Israel, it is a mixed bag, and it depends of which organization.  Yes, the ADL paints them all with the same brush, however, the value of the ADL report is it shows what these organizations are & believe, what they have done over the years, and who their leadership is. (As it condemns them.)

My interest all came about due to the question one poster asked about if the protests were "organic" which I thought mean, did a bunch of people just get together for the first time in their lives and start these protests.  To me it appears that is really not the case, as the demands being made are the demands the groups who have existed for some times have been making for years, which at least suggests they are very much involved in these "student" protests.  These protests are a reaction to Gaza forsure, but they have been organized by people who have been fighting this fight for a long time.

Saying Biden is “collateral damage” of the Israeli conflict is like saying Trump was collateral damage of Covid.

When you’ve got the reins you’re responsible for what the horse does, fireworks or no.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-04-28, 11:18

[tw]1784346192106668295[/tw]

Karen has entered the chat.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-28, 11:33

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Saying Biden is “collateral damage” of the Israeli conflict is like saying Trump was collateral damage of Covid.

When you’ve got the reins you’re responsible for what the horse does, fireworks or no.

Sure, Trump's screwing up the covid response in the US, where he was in control of the situation, hurt his election chances.  

Looking at his actions from the time he took office and immediately began dismantling the US governments systems for pandemic management & stockpiles of PPG, years before covid hit, it can be argued that he was trying to kill people off.

Biden is being blamed for 75 years of US support for the creation and continuation of Israel, and the US national interests in the Mideast are much broader than what Israel is doing at any given moment.  He is taking hits which he surely is well aware that he will be, because he has a broader agenda, which he feels is something more positive for the US for which he is willing to take those hits.

He is still limited in how much he can control Israel for a number of reasons, some in US law, some in political divides in the US, and some in the Mideast.

Biden's handling of the Israel/Gaza situation is going to cause him to lose political support from some part of the population, no matter what he does.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2024-04-28, 11:36; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-04-28, 11:34

As usual, nothing bad is Joe Biden's fault.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Green money likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-28, 11:47

Cameron wrote:As usual, nothing bad is Joe Biden's fault.

The US is in a no-win situation, with regards to Israel attacking Gaza.

Nothing Joe does here is a win, and in your vernacular, everything is his fault.  His choice is which "everything" does he chose. I think he has chosen to allow Israel to weaken Hamas, since Hamas is a vassal of Iran, and the broader conflict is the US & "the west" against Iran, Russia & China.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-04-28, 11:55

Cameron wrote:As usual, nothing bad is Joe Biden's fault.

Joe Biden is my perfect Catholic hero and he’s the best President since teddy Roosevelt and he’s so young and virile that he could take tum tum in a pick up game of 1 on 1 and I wish you would stop making fun of him it hurts my feelings
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-28, 12:17

Not for this thread, but I’m 85% sure you won’t have genocide Joe to kick around after November. Anything that gets done in Gaza needs to be done before that. I have my doubts about that also.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-04-28, 12:30

DWags wrote:Not for this thread, but I’m 85% sure you won’t have genocide Joe to kick around after November. Anything that gets done in Gaza needs to be done before that. I have my doubts about that also.

Doesn’t have to be that way. But so long as centrist do nothings insist on, well, doing nothing all the time, yeah I’d probably agree.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-28, 13:46

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
DWags wrote:Not for this thread, but I’m 85% sure you won’t have genocide Joe to kick around after November. Anything that gets done in Gaza needs to be done before that. I have my doubts about that also.

Doesn’t have to be that way. But so long as centrist do nothings insist on, well, doing nothing all the time, yeah I’d probably agree.

Yeah, there will be plenty of blame to give to the centrists before November 3rd. I think they'll vote, but can't disagree. After Nov. 3rd, if nothing has been done, there will be other targets to blame. Agree totally.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-28, 14:58

Here we go: protesters want complete amnesty for their actions. Some, who were allowed back to classes have agreed to follow all college rules upon their return.

If any of you guys watched the big chill there’s a great line in there: (Paraphrasing). “It was easy to protest back then, there were no consequences for our actions, that wasn’t the real world”. I mean sure they were a bunch of UofM assholes spending a weekend together after one of their friends had committed suicide, but that conversation always struck me as accurate

How many of us would protest this injustice if it cost our jobs and affected our families? I say very few. And I guess that’s a form of blackmail.

I think the kids arrested should get amnesty but I don’t run a campus.

Students asking for amnesty because of their a toons.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-28, 15:20

They all should be granted academic amnesty, allowed back in school to follow their degree path.

They should face some consequences for legal issues, though I would hope they are all misdemeanors.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-28, 15:54

Protests on campuses. Let’s put it here.   - Page 2 502811600

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-28, 15:56

TravelinMan wrote:

Doesn’t matter. Uncle Joe will pay it off.
maybe she worked hard to be able to be there. Protests on campuses. Let’s put it here.   - Page 2 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-28, 15:58

DWags wrote:Here we go:  protesters want complete amnesty for their actions.  Some, who were allowed back to classes have agreed to follow all college rules upon their return.  

If any of you guys watched the big chill there’s a great line in there:  (Paraphrasing). “It was easy to protest back then, there were no consequences for our actions, that wasn’t the real world”.  I mean sure they were a bunch of UofM assholes spending a weekend together after one of their friends had committed suicide, but that conversation always struck me as accurate

How many of us would protest this injustice if it cost our jobs and affected our families?   I say very few.   And I guess that’s a form of blackmail.

to be fair, the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and convicted rapist is currently being represented before the Supreme Court of the United States in hopes for complete immunity as it relates to murdering a political rival.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-28, 16:06

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:Here we go:  protesters want complete amnesty for their actions.  Some, who were allowed back to classes have agreed to follow all college rules upon their return.  

If any of you guys watched the big chill there’s a great line in there:  (Paraphrasing). “It was easy to protest back then, there were no consequences for our actions, that wasn’t the real world”.  I mean sure they were a bunch of UofM assholes spending a weekend together after one of their friends had committed suicide, but that conversation always struck me as accurate

How many of us would protest this injustice if it cost our jobs and affected our families?   I say very few.   And I guess that’s a form of blackmail.

to be fair, the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and convicted rapist is currently being represented before the Supreme Court of the United States in hopes for complete immunity as it relates to murdering a political rival.

I’m assuming not many of us want that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-28, 17:21

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I would agree.

but the fact that a former president is arguing for total immunity in the murder of a political rival makes kids protesting at a university and asking for amnesty look a bit pedestrian.

but that's where we are in America.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-28, 18:02

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

I would agree.

but the fact that a former president is arguing for total immunity in the murder of a political rival makes kids protesting at a university and asking for amnesty look a bit pedestrian.

but that's where we are in America.

I think most of us would want the kids to have amnesty.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next