Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

+60
tTito
Dr. Strangelove
goodbar
Watch Out Pylon!
Da Mayor
Nordic
SawGreen
Jake from State Farm
Rodeo Burger
Stymie2000
MattyFresh
CaptainSlow33
Motown Spartan
I.B. Fine
tGreenWay
aualum06
Clarett's Folly
Robert J Sakimano
tanfan!
AnomanderRake
By-Tor
Herbie Green
Rocinante
DWags
NigelUno
StylesGShmooth
Tim Wakefield
Death Roe
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
WBill
WhiteBoyHatcher
steveschneider
Chitown_Badger
Stoops21
Ass Dan
MiamiSpartan
Bizarro Fletch
GirbaudJeans
AvgMSUJoe
Other Teams Pursuing That
CORNER BLITZ
The_Dude
Free Plax
Brock Middlebrook
Spartan Nachos
Cym Jim
LoneWolfSparty
Fallenangle
He Got It!
Cameron
Dendrobates
InTenSity
MSUgöat
Cool Runnings
AMwood
Floyd Robertson
Cosmo_Kramer
Osmo
SeeRockCity
64 posters

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 19 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by steveschneider Thu 12 Sep 2019 - 17:09

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I use to think he was a riot but he hasn't made me laugh once in 2019.

Have you seen Paper Tiger?

Not yet, but I tried watching F is for Family and I tried listening to his podcast and I was Sleep

I'll give it a chance but he seems all into flying his helicopter and complaining about snow flakes these days.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 19 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by Rocinante Thu 12 Sep 2019 - 17:36

You just don’t get it Steve.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 12 Sep 2019 - 17:52

Rocinante wrote:You just don’t get it Steve.

If I have to hear one more cry baby comedian complain 'Jerry Seinfeld doesn't like to do college campuses anymore' I'm going to vomit blood.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 12 Sep 2019 - 18:55

steveschneider wrote:
Rocinante wrote:You just don’t get it Steve.

If I have to hear one more cry baby comedian complain 'Jerry Seinfeld doesn't like to do college campuses anymore' I'm going to vomit blood.

Seinfeld was in EL a few months after that story came out. Great night. Lots of laughs. That Jerry is a funny fuck.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 12 Sep 2019 - 19:01

I’m about 11 minutes into paper tiger and I’m crying laughing.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 12 Sep 2019 - 19:51

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Seinfeld was in EL a few months after that story came out. Great night. Lots of laughs. That Jerry is a funny fuck.

He's a phony.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 12 Sep 2019 - 20:35

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

He's a phony.

I hope he breaks your thumbs.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu 12 Sep 2019 - 20:51

steveschneider wrote:I’m about 11 minutes into paper tiger and I’m crying laughing.

Roc is so disappointed in you.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 13 Sep 2019 - 3:28

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I’m about 11 minutes into paper tiger and I’m crying laughing.

Based on Steve’s endorsement, I also watched the first 10 minutes and Cameron is correct.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 13 Sep 2019 - 6:56

Rocinante wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Based on Steve’s endorsement, I also watched the first 10 minutes and Cameron is correct.

I thought it was funny. The whole part about Michelle O and Stedman Graham as the opener. And the feminist routine at the start. I thought every bit to the end was good. Where does the anger come from, the blow up doll and watching documentaries with his wife.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Fri 13 Sep 2019 - 7:39

steveschneider wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I thought it was funny. The whole part about Michelle O and Stedman Graham as the opener. And the feminist routine at the start. I thought every bit to the end was good. Where does the anger come from, the blow up doll and watching documentaries with his wife.  

If funny things make you laugh, you're a bad person. You need to cross your arms and purse your lips to signal your virtue.

Just kidding, Roc's a joyless douche. Too bad he only watched the first ten minutes, the male feminist part was about him but I think it's more than 10 minutes in.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 13 Sep 2019 - 7:41

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

If funny things make you laugh, you're a bad person. You need to cross your arms and purse your lips to signal your virtue.

Just kidding, Roc's a joyless douche. Too bad he only watched the first ten minutes, the male feminist part was about him but I think it's more than 10 minutes in.

I forgot about the part where he was talking about having rough sex. Hysterical. I still have to watch the Dave Chapelle special on there.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri 13 Sep 2019 - 10:23

Hyperdrive was entertaining. Looks like it was made for network TV, because they censored all the swearing, which is something I didn't think Netflix gave a fuck about. Its another racing show, but they are drifting through a course. I'm guessing it was a lot more exciting in person, but they did a decent job.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 13 Sep 2019 - 10:48

Cam it’s not even about that. You act like you know a lot more than you do. It’s just lazy comedy. I’m fine with inappropriate comedy. Comedy is inappropriate. Bill Burr’s is just stupid.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Fri 13 Sep 2019 - 11:54

Rocinante wrote:Cam it’s not even about that. You act like you know a lot more than you do. It’s just lazy comedy. I’m fine with inappropriate comedy. Comedy is inappropriate. Bill Burr’s is just stupid.

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 19 502811600 Doesn't everybody?

Your opinion on Bill Burr is just that, your opinion, and you're welcome to it. My opinion is that Bill Burr is fucking hilarious, and millions of people (and virtually every other stand up comic I've ever heard opine on the matter) happen to agree with me.

And if it's just lazy, why would you be disappointed in steve for finding it funny? I think you really think it's 'problematic,' you just know enough to know that you would be ridiculed for making such an assertion.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 13 Sep 2019 - 14:10

Cameron wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Cam it’s not even about that. You act like you know a lot more than you do. It’s just lazy comedy. I’m fine with inappropriate comedy. Comedy is inappropriate. Bill Burr’s is just stupid.

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 19 502811600 Doesn't everybody?

Your opinion on Bill Burr is just that, your opinion, and you're welcome to it. My opinion is that Bill Burr is fucking hilarious, and millions of people (and virtually every other stand up comic I've ever heard opine on the matter) happen to agree with me.

And if it's just lazy, why would you be disappointed in steve for finding it funny? I think you really think it's 'problematic,' you just know enough to know that you would be ridiculed for making such an assertion.

That’s funny, because almost all of the comedians I would call really funny are “problematic”. So again, you’re talking right out of your ass. Bill Burr is lazy because his schtick is to look at what he perceives to be the ridiculousness of society and lampoon it. That’s great! A lot of comedians do that, but the good ones find interesting and innovative ways to do it. Their comedy may seem simple, but it isn’t. Chappelle, until his most recent special, which thought had some good bits but overall was one of his weakest, is great at this. So is Louis CK. You think they’re talking about one thing but when you think about the joke, you realize there was a lot more going on. I get Burr’s thing: “The world has gone crazy and is too sensitive so I’m going to go all out in the opposite direction.” He seems to fancy himself the Cassandra of America, and the only way he can make people listen is by being as abrasive as possible. Then when people get mad he goes “see? See? I was right!!” Here’s the rub: he’s got a point, but his solution is just so damn easy. Maybe I just like subtler comedy. I don’t know. You can look at some of the goofiest comics in history and see how smart they are/were. The Smothers Brothers had an agenda, but they couched it in subtle goofy humor. I like that. Chappelle, Louie, Pryor, Carlin. Robin Williams. All raunchy, all problematic at times. All had something to say. All found creative ways to do it. Not just in your face social commentary designed to be abrasive. That’s Sam Kinnison level, that’s Andrew Dice Clay. Like it if you want. It doesn’t offend me. It just bores me.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Fri 13 Sep 2019 - 14:20

Rocinante wrote:
Cameron wrote:

That’s funny, because almost all of the comedians I would call really funny are “problematic”. So again, you’re talking right out of your ass. Bill Burr is lazy because his schtick is to look at what he perceives to be the ridiculousness of society and lampoon it. That’s great! A lot of comedians do that, but the good ones find interesting and innovative ways to do it. Their comedy may seem simple, but it isn’t. Chappelle, until his most recent special, which thought had some good bits but overall was one of his weakest, is great at this. So is Louis CK. You think they’re talking about one thing but when you think about the joke, you realize there was a lot more going on. I get Burr’s thing: “The world has gone crazy and is too sensitive so I’m going to go all out in the opposite direction.” He seems to fancy himself the Cassandra of America, and the only way he can make people listen is by being as abrasive as possible. Then when people get mad he goes “see? See? I was right!!” Here’s the rub: he’s got a point, but his solution is just so damn easy. Maybe I just like subtler comedy. I don’t know. You can look at some of the goofiest comics in history and see how smart they are/were. The Smothers Brothers had an agenda, but they couched it in subtle goofy humor. I like that. Chappelle, Louie, Pryor, Carlin. Robin Williams. All raunchy, all problematic at times. All had something to say. All found creative ways to do it. Not just in your face social commentary designed to be abrasive. That’s Sam Kinnison level, that’s Andrew Dice Clay. Like it if you want. It doesn’t offend me. It just bores me.

Alright, fair enough, I was wrong about your objections to Bill Burr. I would hazard a guess that the vast majority of people who are fans of the comedians you named would also count themselves as fans of Bill Burr. Your opinion is a weird outlier.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 13 Sep 2019 - 15:47

I’ll accept that. Your opinion of me is very important to me, cam.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Fri 13 Sep 2019 - 16:01

Rocinante wrote:I’ll accept that. Your opinion of me is very important to me, cam.

I get that a lot.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat 21 Sep 2019 - 20:38

The limited series Unbelievable on Netflix is really good.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun 22 Sep 2019 - 6:50

Finally watched the new Chappell special on Netflix. Hysterical
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun 22 Sep 2019 - 17:22

Popped a alien and turned on Origin. So far I'm liking my decision. The visuals are great. The acting is awful. Lots of Walking Dead decision making going on. It moves pretty good and intriguing enough to continue.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 24 Sep 2019 - 13:14

Met another guy who loves Bill Burr today. It’s weird how his fans line up so well with the edgy crowd who thinks they are in on some joke that the rest of us don’t get. Also Joe Rogan fans.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue 24 Sep 2019 - 13:53

Rocinante wrote:Met another guy who loves Bill Burr today. It’s weird how his fans line up so well with the edgy crowd who thinks they are in on some joke that the rest of us don’t get.  Also Joe Rogan fans.  

If you don't find Bill Burr funny, then wouldn't that make them correct?

He's a comedian, so obviously he tells jokes, and you don't find him funny, so you don't "get" him.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 24 Sep 2019 - 14:20

Rocinante wrote:Met another guy who loves Bill Burr today. It’s weird how his fans line up so well with the edgy crowd who thinks they are in on some joke that the rest of us don’t get. Also Joe Rogan fans.

Have you seen the Chapelle special on Netflix? Curious as to what you thought of it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 24 Sep 2019 - 14:47

steveschneider wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Met another guy who loves Bill Burr today. It’s weird how his fans line up so well with the edgy crowd who thinks they are in on some joke that the rest of us don’t get. Also Joe Rogan fans.

Have you seen the Chapelle special on Netflix? Curious as to what you thought of it.

Yeah I watched it. I feel like Dave needs to let go of his anger for being targeted by the me too folks or the LGBT folks and just do his jokes. He spent like a third of the show lashing out at them and not much of it was very good comedy. The sad thing is that his original jokes that got him in trouble were actually pretty damn funny. Instead of getting all bent out of shape about faux social media outrage, he should have just ignored it and kept doing what he does. Instead, he doubled down and now has tripled down basically just to give the SJWs a big fuck you. Which would be fine if the comedy worked, but it doesn’t in my opinion. Don’t get me wrong, he’s still a unique talent and there was some gems in there but he seems to be obsessing a bit.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 24 Sep 2019 - 14:48

Cameron wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Met another guy who loves Bill Burr today. It’s weird how his fans line up so well with the edgy crowd who thinks they are in on some joke that the rest of us don’t get.  Also Joe Rogan fans.  

He's a comedian, so obviously he tells jokes, and you don't find him funny, so you don't "get" him.

Is there a difference between not getting it, and getting it but not finding it funny? I think I’m the latter.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 24 Sep 2019 - 14:50

Rocinante wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Yeah I watched it. I feel like Dave needs to let go of his anger for being targeted by the me too folks or the LGBT folks and just do his jokes. He spent like a third of the show lashing out at them and not much of it was very good comedy. The sad thing is that his original jokes that got him in trouble were actually pretty damn funny. Instead of getting all bent out of shape about faux social media outrage, he should have just ignored it and kept doing what he does. Instead, he doubled down and now has tripled down basically just to give the SJWs a big fuck you. Which would be fine if the comedy worked, but it doesn’t in my opinion. Don’t get me wrong, he’s still a unique talent and there was some gems in there but he seems to be obsessing a bit.

I don't really keep up with a lot of his controversies so it all was fresh to me. I thought it was hysterical and I liked it even more than Bill Burr's. For me a great month for taking in new comedy specials.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 24 Sep 2019 - 15:43

I know you guys have said Ozark is good but is it THAT good? I still have like 3 seasons of Justified to get through.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 24 Sep 2019 - 15:58

Not sure how good this will be without Bryan Cranston, but I'm gonna check it out anyway.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Tue 24 Sep 2019 - 16:06

I'm a fan of Burr and Chapelle.  Didn't think their 2 specials were there best work.  Still funny, but I laughed more at their old stuff.  It did seem like they both had the same ax to grind.  Part of the problem is I listen to a lot of comedian's podcasts (Burr's in particular or him as a guest) and they do a lot of bitching about cancel culture and comedians getting called out.   So, it was kinda old hat to here it in a special.

About to start Better Than Us. Anyone watched already? Peaky Blinders is about to come back, btw. Think they're already airing in the UK.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue 24 Sep 2019 - 16:44

Rocinante wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Is there a difference between not getting it, and getting it but not finding it funny? I think I’m the latter.

In the context of a joke, I would assert that there is no functional difference. I can't imagine anyone who speaks English fluently not "understanding" Bill Burr. So "getting it" would therefore be finding it funny.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 24 Sep 2019 - 17:53

StylesGShmooth wrote:I'm a fan of Burr and Chapelle.  Didn't think their 2 specials were there best work.  Still funny, but I laughed more at their old stuff.  It did seem like they both had the same ax to grind.  Part of the problem is I listen to a lot of comedian's podcasts (Burr's in particular or him as a guest) and they do a lot of bitching about cancel culture and comedians getting called out.   So, it was kinda old hat to here it in a special.

About to start Better Than Us. Anyone watched already? Peaky Blinders is about to come back, btw. Think they're already airing in the UK.

3 episodes in and I don’t know if I even like Peaky Blinders. That’s not a good sign.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 24 Sep 2019 - 18:12

Several episodes in and still enjoying Barry. It’s not hysterical, but it has its funny moments. Not sure how the writers sustain the storyline. Sally is the psycho one and is annoying AF.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 24 Sep 2019 - 18:23

tGreenWay wrote:Several episodes in and still enjoying Barry. It’s not hysterical, but it has its funny moments. Not sure how the writers sustain the storyline. Sally is the psycho one and is annoying AF.

The tae-kwon-do episode is amazing.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue 24 Sep 2019 - 19:06

Origin E4. They just lasered a dudes scalp/skull off. Shocked

This show is good and awful at the same time.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 24 Sep 2019 - 19:10

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Several episodes in and still enjoying Barry. It’s not hysterical, but it has its funny moments. Not sure how the writers sustain the storyline. Sally is the psycho one and is annoying AF.

The tae-kwon-do episode is amazing.

I’ll keep an eye out for it. I have one more ep of season 1, and that’s not until ep 5 of this next season.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed 25 Sep 2019 - 20:36

The bald guy gets pretty hysterical. The Fonz has some good moments too.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Mon 30 Sep 2019 - 13:54

Just started watching Goliath on Amazon Prime. So far so good. Season three is coming out later next month.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 30 Sep 2019 - 13:59

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
The bald guy gets pretty hysterical. The Fonz has some good moments too.

Good call. They’re both funny characters.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next