Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

+60
tTito
Dr. Strangelove
goodbar
Watch Out Pylon!
Da Mayor
Nordic
SawGreen
Jake from State Farm
Rodeo Burger
Stymie2000
MattyFresh
CaptainSlow33
Motown Spartan
I.B. Fine
tGreenWay
aualum06
Clarett's Folly
Robert J Sakimano
tanfan!
AnomanderRake
By-Tor
Herbie Green
Rocinante
DWags
NigelUno
StylesGShmooth
Tim Wakefield
Death Roe
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
WBill
WhiteBoyHatcher
steveschneider
Chitown_Badger
Stoops21
Ass Dan
MiamiSpartan
Bizarro Fletch
GirbaudJeans
AvgMSUJoe
Other Teams Pursuing That
CORNER BLITZ
The_Dude
Free Plax
Brock Middlebrook
Spartan Nachos
Cym Jim
LoneWolfSparty
Fallenangle
He Got It!
Cameron
Dendrobates
InTenSity
MSUgöat
Cool Runnings
AMwood
Floyd Robertson
Cosmo_Kramer
Osmo
SeeRockCity
64 posters

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 25 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-10-06, 10:51

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Started watching World On Fire on the PBS Passport thingy. After three episodes I'd say B+. I like the focus so far from the Polish perspective of WWII starting.

Solid show. I know that it got a second season on the BBC (or whatever is producing it in the UK), but I'm guessing that the pandemic kept them from filming it.

In a somewhat similar vein (WWII TV series produced in other countries), I've been watching X Company on Hulu. It's a Canadian/CBC show about a group of spies trained at Camp X in Ontario, to help the French resistance. It's decent. A little watered down, kind of like something you would expect to see on ABC or CBS, but it has some decent aspects and ticks a couple of boxes of interest for me in being about WWII and about espionage.

Prime has a documentary about Camp X that I'll check out when I'm done with the series. I don't know a ton about Camp X, but it's pretty fascinating as the forerunner of clandestine paramilitary efforts. Among people who spent time at Camp X were Roald Dahl and Ian Flemming. Across the street from the house Flemming stayed at when he was there was a church called St. James Bond United Church.

Thanks for the tip on Camp X. I had not heard of it yet.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 25 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-10-06, 22:08

Ted Lasso on Apple+ is really good. You should find a way to watch it.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-10-17, 21:22

I have to reiterate Tehran. It’s excellent!!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-10-23, 04:30

Borat’s newest has been released early on Prime. It’s available now for streaming.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-10-23, 07:27

Thanks, GreenWay.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-10-23, 09:10

tGreenWay wrote:Borat’s newest has been released early on Prime. It’s available now for streaming.
I have to think that streaming it on prime right before the election is mostly a Bezos' fuck you to Trump.

I guess you can do that if you have $200 billion.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-10-23, 09:12

MSU addict wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Borat’s newest has been released early on Prime. It’s available now for streaming.
I have to think that streaming it on prime right before the election is mostly a Bezos' fuck you to Trump.

Are there laws about what people can do? Like I read a headline the lot rent is going to be doubled in some trailer park if Biden wins.....

Could Bezos announce he's canceling Christmas if Trump wins?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-10-23, 09:39

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

Are there laws about what people can do? Like I read a headline the lot rent is going to be doubled in some trailer park if Biden wins.....

Could Bezos announce he's canceling Christmas if Trump wins?
In general - any type of voter intimidation, coercion, threats or similar actions that suppress a person’s ability to vote freely are considered a crime under federal civil rights laws.

I am pretty sure streaming Borat does not violate those laws - threating to cancel Christmas?
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-10-23, 10:53

The war on Christmas is real.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-10-23, 10:54

Jeff Bezos killed Santa Claus.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-10-23, 11:18

Well, as long as the shitty trailer park manager doesn't get a way with it...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-10-23, 14:00

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Well, as long as the shitty trailer park manager doesn't get a way with it...

Mobile home parks are a fucking disaster. Not because of the residents as much as the poverty trap they represent.

Sorry. End rant.

Speaking of SBC, I probably won’t watch Borat because it makes me uncomfortable, but I realized last night that I hadn’t watched the last two episodes of Spy, on Netflix. He is really good in that.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-10-23, 14:32

Rocinante wrote:
Speaking of SBC, I probably won’t watch Borat because it makes me uncomfortable, but I realized last night that I hadn’t watched the last two episodes of Spy, on Netflix. He is really good in that.

Also really good in the Chicago 7 movie. Dude can act... to go along with his stupid shit.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-23, 17:49

Rocinante wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Well, as long as the shitty trailer park manager doesn't get a way with it...

Mobile home parks are a fucking disaster. Not because of the residents as much as the poverty trap they represent.

Sorry. End rant.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of him as a comedian, but really enjoyed him in Spy. Great true story mini-series if anyone hasn't checked it out, from the same guy that did the Israeli show that Homeland was based on.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-10-23, 18:17

Just started watching AP Bio. This shit is funny.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-10-25, 19:12

1/2 way through the first episode of The Queen's Gambit on Netflix and I'm totally hooked. I don't even play chess.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-10-25, 19:45

tGreenWay wrote:Just started watching AP Bio. This shit is funny.

It started out pretty good. Then tried too hard after a while.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-10-25, 19:47

I did like Borat. I prefer watching comedies to anything else. But I had low expectations for it, and I was pleasantly surprised.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-10-28, 14:28

Floyd Robertson wrote:1/2 way through the first episode of The Queen's Gambit on Netflix and I'm totally hooked. I don't even play chess.
Agree... just finishing up. Pretty good.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-10-28, 14:29

Floyd Robertson wrote:1/2 way through the first episode of The Queen's Gambit on Netflix and I'm totally hooked. I don't even play chess.

Do you play checkers?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-10-28, 14:46

Turtleneck wrote:

Do you play checkers?

King me.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-10-28, 15:28

I can’t imagine I would like that show. But I like the young lady from the VVitch, which may be the best horror movie of the last 20 years.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-10-28, 18:58

Dendrobates wrote:I did like Borat. I prefer watching comedies to anything else. But I had low expectations for it, and I was pleasantly surprised.

I got a few laughs out of it.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-10-28, 20:33

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:I did like Borat. I prefer watching comedies to anything else. But I had low expectations for it, and I was pleasantly surprised.

I tried. Made it about 30 mins. Not a big Borat/Cohen fan and this one seemed forced. Also not a fan of The Dave Chapelle Show either (but love his stand up) so TIFWIW.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-10-28, 21:17

Nordic wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:

I tried. Made it about 30 mins. Not a big Borat/Cohen fan and this one seemed forced. Also not a fan of The Dave Chapelle Show either (but love his stand up) so TIFWIW.
You're doing it wrong.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-10-28, 21:28

Yeah, cringe comedy isn't my thing. Ever since Tom Green I knew it wasn't my thing. Tried borat, the "story" part was good... The dance at the debutant ball was my limit of cringe though.

Chappelle Show was awesome.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-10-28, 21:47

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Yeah, cringe comedy isn't my thing. Ever since Tom Green I knew it wasn't my thing. Tried borat, the "story" part was good... The dance at the debutant ball was my limit of cringe though.

Chappelle Show was awesome.

Throw Tom Greene in there for me too.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-10-28, 21:54

What's this "Blumhouse" stuff on prime. Are the movies linked together? A special studio or something?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-10-28, 22:08

Dendrobates wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Just started watching AP Bio. This shit is funny.

It started out pretty good. Then tried too hard after a while.

I can see that happening. Several episodes in and I’m already bored when it’s just the three women. Not funny. Too bad, b/c it started out strong.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-28, 22:40

AvgMSUJoe wrote:What's this "Blumhouse" stuff on prime. Are the movies linked together? A special studio or something?

I guess it's a production company that does a lot of horror stuff. I'm not a big horror guy, but maybe they have a reputation among fans or something.

But they also do Good Lord Bird on Showtime, so not exclusively horror.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-10-28, 23:54

You guys putting Dave Chappelle and Tom Green in the same sentence are dead to me.

-------

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/viewtopic.php?t=22840
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Turtleneck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25