Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Golf Thread

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by duffy munn on 2020-05-16, 23:56

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:You have 7 hole in ones? WTF?? Are you an avid golfer? That is impressive man.

Avid for sure and very lucky. When I was working nights I played at least 5 days a week. Got my handicap down to single digits. right now I'm playing to about a 14. ( shot 83 today at Eagle Eye).

As for the aces, yeah it's crazy to think about it because Jack Nicklaus has fewer. My 5th ace went off a tree. My fourth was in an outing, playing with a former MSU golf coach, and there were two prizes for hole in ones. 2 aces in that outing. One was 5k and the other was a year supply of top flights. I won the top flights and the guy who won the cash hit a grounder into the hole.

Crazy game. The greatest game.
avatar
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5819
Join date : 2014-04-19
Location : east lansing

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2020-05-17, 00:07

That's unreal duff. You should play the Powerball.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25886
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Welcome to the Revolution

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by steveschneider on 2020-05-19, 15:50

I've got a unique problem out on the course this year. I call it "Getting Giddy". My game is to a level now where I'm parring several holes in a row, I have putts for birdies, etc. Well every time I think "wow I'm doing good today" or "I'm on track to get my best score if I keep this up" cue up the sound of a toilet flushing because that's where my game is headed. I tighten up, pull shots dead left, blade chips, three put, hit a few worm burners and it makes me The Golf Thread - Page 11 1896033241
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25735
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by duffy munn on 2020-05-19, 18:06

steveschneider wrote:I've got a unique problem out on the course this year. I call it "Getting Giddy". My game is to a level now where I'm parring several holes in a row, I have putts for birdies, etc. Well every time I think "wow I'm doing good today" or "I'm on track to get my best score if I keep this up" cue up the sound of a toilet flushing because that's where my game is headed. I tighten up, pull shots dead left, blade chips, three put, hit a few worm burners and it makes me The Golf Thread - Page 11 1896033241

I learned a long time ago not to get caught up in my score. Ultimately what goes on the scorecard is what you earned/deserve.

And a wise man once told me "you're not good enough to get mad"
avatar
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5819
Join date : 2014-04-19
Location : east lansing

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by steveschneider on 2020-05-20, 09:36

duffy munn wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I've got a unique problem out on the course this year. I call it "Getting Giddy". My game is to a level now where I'm parring several holes in a row, I have putts for birdies, etc. Well every time I think "wow I'm doing good today" or "I'm on track to get my best score if I keep this up" cue up the sound of a toilet flushing because that's where my game is headed. I tighten up, pull shots dead left, blade chips, three put, hit a few worm burners and it makes me The Golf Thread - Page 11 1896033241

I learned a long time ago not to get caught up in my score. Ultimately what goes on the scorecard is what you earned/deserve.

And a wise man once told me "you're not good enough to get mad"

Yeah, I think the problem too is I've played this course enough where I've been good on every hole. It's a complete mental breakdown. I feel like that Atlanta Falcons in the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl right when that owner comes down to the side lines and then it all goes down the toilet from there.

I'm going to take your advice and really just try to erase the score from my mind until I'm at the 19th hole.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25735
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by steveschneider on 2020-05-24, 11:26

Went to the range, "hit" an entire bucket of balls only club I could hit in my bag was a driver off the tee. With the irons couldn't even put the ball up in the air and I can't even figure out what I'm doing wrong. Getting to the point where I'm ready to say 'fuck golf'.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25735
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by duffy munn on 2020-05-24, 11:28

steveschneider wrote:Went to the range, "hit" an entire bucket of balls only club I could hit in my bag was a driver off the tee. With the irons couldn't even put the ball up in the air and I can't even figure out what I'm doing wrong. Getting to the point where I'm ready to say 'fuck golf'.

Take two weeks off and then quit the game
avatar
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5819
Join date : 2014-04-19
Location : east lansing

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by InTenSity on 2020-06-25, 08:25

I might have fixed my drive. The last 3 rounds I've been able to mostly get off the tee box again, without penalty. I've shot in the mid to high 80's the last few rounds and have even had 4 or 5 birdies. Only 1 or 2 holes that have been blow up holes. Hell one of the rounds I had a 10 on one hole and still shot an 89.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 13761
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 43
Location : Kendall

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by steveschneider on 2020-06-25, 09:55

InTenSity wrote:I might have fixed my drive. The last 3 rounds I've been able to mostly get off the tee box again, without penalty. I've shot in the mid to high 80's the last few rounds and have even had 4 or 5 birdies. Only 1 or 2 holes that have been blow up holes. Hell one of the rounds I had a 10 on one hole and still shot an 89.

What did you do to fix it?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25735
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2020-06-25, 10:01

I do not like Douche DeChambeau. He just looks stupid out there, like a fullback playing golf.

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25886
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Welcome to the Revolution

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by steveschneider on 2020-06-25, 10:04

Also, regarding golf does anyone watch youtube golf videos? Rick Shiels is my favorite. I also realized something I actually enjoy watching golf and think that TV completely fucks up the game. They jump around too much and there's no flow to the match. You'll see some asshole put on the 9th hole, some guy drive on the 15th hole, some guy get out of the bunker at the 3rd hole....with all of the cut aways it's too confusing and you can't tell what the hell is going on. However if you follow a golfer from tee, to fairway shot, to the play on the green it's much more compelling. I love watching some of these amateur dudes diaries of playing famous courses.


Last edited by steveschneider on 2020-06-25, 10:24; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25735
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by InTenSity on 2020-06-25, 10:22

steveschneider wrote:
InTenSity wrote:I might have fixed my drive. The last 3 rounds I've been able to mostly get off the tee box again, without penalty. I've shot in the mid to high 80's the last few rounds and have even had 4 or 5 birdies. Only 1 or 2 holes that have been blow up holes. Hell one of the rounds I had a 10 on one hole and still shot an 89.

What did you do to fix it?
Made a subtle change to my back swing. Instead of pulling it back, I'm pulling it up. This is keeping me from coming across the ball and having a huge slice. I'll still have an occasional bad slice, but not as often. This is keeping me in the fairway more and instead of sitting 3 and still out about a hundred yards, my second shot on par 4's is either on or close to the green.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 13761
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 43
Location : Kendall

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by duffy munn on 2020-06-25, 13:45

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I do not like Douche DeChambeau. He just looks stupid out there, like a fullback playing golf.


Agreed. Plus he takes for ever to pull the trigger. Not fun to watch.
avatar
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5819
Join date : 2014-04-19
Location : east lansing

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-06-25, 14:04

duffy munn wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I do not like Douche DeChambeau. He just looks stupid out there, like a fullback playing golf.


Agreed. Plus he takes for ever to pull the trigger. Not fun to watch.



Sounds like he’s the Mike Hargrove of golf.

The Human Rain Delay:
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 38273
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-06-25, 14:07

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I do not like Douche DeChambeau. He just looks stupid out there, like a fullback playing golf.



That’s offensive. The Golf Thread - Page 11 1494614055
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 38273
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2020-06-25, 14:10

I fixed my slice by buying an expensive driver which was nice and worth it.

Odd thing with it the last few weeks has been that my performance with it gets worse as the round goes on. It’s odd, never had that problem before. The first couple of holes it’s pretty dead center and long, but by the end of the round I’m picking up my tee walking 100 yards and taking my second shot. I don’t know why that’s happening.

Also now that I said that, when I play tomorrow I’m definitely going to hit my first shot 50 feet
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22411
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 36
Location : Please cease horny posting

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-06-25, 15:07

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I fixed my slice by buying an expensive driver which was nice and worth it.

Odd thing with it the last few weeks has been that my performance with it gets worse as the round goes on. It’s odd, never had that problem before. The first couple of holes it’s pretty dead center and long, but by the end of the round I’m picking up my tee walking 100 yards and taking my second shot. I don’t know why that’s happening.

Also now that I said that, when I play tomorrow I’m definitely going to hit my first shot 50 feet




You’re old and weak. Hit the gym, work on stamina and turn yourself into a burly man.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 38273
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by duffy munn on 2020-06-25, 18:31

tGreenWay wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Agreed. Plus he takes for ever to pull the trigger. Not fun to watch.



Sounds like he’s the Mike Hargrove of golf.

The Human Rain Delay:

Exactly!
avatar
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5819
Join date : 2014-04-19
Location : east lansing

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-06-25, 19:02

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I fixed my slice by buying an expensive driver which was nice and worth it.

Odd thing with it the last few weeks has been that my performance with it gets worse as the round goes on. It’s odd, never had that problem before. The first couple of holes it’s pretty dead center and long, but by the end of the round I’m picking up my tee walking 100 yards and taking my second shot. I don’t know why that’s happening.

Also now that I said that, when I play tomorrow I’m definitely going to hit my first shot 50 feet

You slice or don’t slice because of your swing. Not the club. Shaft flexibility and swing weight play a role. But it’s mostly a swing correction.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15232
Join date : 2014-05-15
Age : 56

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2020-06-25, 20:03

Club fixed it bro. I can’t slice if I try to. Almost to a fault. I don’t know what to tell you. You can see the ball wanting to do what it used to, but it’s like the little bit of weight shift in the club took off just enough of that spin.

Now I just need to hit it consistently because sometimes instead of being off in the woods on the side of the fairway I’m in the brush 20 feet in front of the hole. I’m sure I’ll get there, it’s only been a couple months with it
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22411
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 36
Location : Please cease horny posting

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-06-25, 20:43

Maybe your swing is just getting better Travis, lol. Don’t sell yourself short!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15232
Join date : 2014-05-15
Age : 56

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by InTenSity on 2020-06-26, 00:03

What driver did you get? Epic or the new taylormade?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 13761
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 43
Location : Kendall

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2020-06-26, 16:43

Lefty is going off at the Travelers. Hitting bombs and putting. Just turned 50.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25886
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Welcome to the Revolution

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by steveschneider on 2020-06-26, 16:52

Hit 3 over par for 9 holes today. Spent a week really focusing on my chipping and putting and happy to report it has paid off.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25735
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by steveschneider on 2020-06-26, 16:58

steveschneider wrote:Hit 3 over par for 9 holes today. Spent a week really focusing on my chipping and putting and happy to report it has paid off.

Did some tennis hitting this morning and was hitting good ground strokes today as well. Today is my day!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25735
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by duffy munn on 2020-06-26, 17:57

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Lefty is going off at the Travelers. Hitting bombs and putting. Just turned 50.

64, 63. Nice.
avatar
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5819
Join date : 2014-04-19
Location : east lansing

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2020-06-26, 18:12

Cam we really need you step up and check steve with a physical challenge. $100 to your favorite charity. I know you don't like to be pressured so whatevs. Steve needs to be dominated though.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25886
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Welcome to the Revolution

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by steveschneider on 2020-06-26, 19:13

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Cam we really need you step up and check steve with a physical challenge. $100 to your favorite charity. I know you don't like to be pressured so whatevs. Steve needs to be dominated though.

My offer to play him in tennis stands. 🎾
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25735
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by Motown Spartan on 2020-06-26, 19:51

steveschneider wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Cam we really need you step up and check steve with a physical challenge. $100 to your favorite charity. I know you don't like to be pressured so whatevs. Steve needs to be dominated though.

My offer to play him in tennis stands. 🎾

How many pairs of white shorts do you have?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 1307
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by steveschneider on 2020-06-26, 23:12

Motown Spartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

My offer to play him in tennis stands. 🎾

How many pairs of white shorts do you have?

I have a new pair coming in from tennis warehouse. I bought the adidas pair for the French open.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25735
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2020-06-27, 00:54

I thought you were done with shorts steve. I don't want to see you in shorts.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25886
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Welcome to the Revolution

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by Tim Wakefield on 2020-06-28, 15:27

71 in a 2 man scramble at Thornapple Pointe. Awesome course
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5764
Join date : 2014-04-23
Age : 26
Location : SW Michigan

Back to top Go down

The Golf Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Golf Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum