Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT

+28
The_Dude
Wally Fairway
MiamiSpartan
SeeRockCity
PinkyTuscadero
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Giant Moose
Townie
Watch Out Pylon!
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
tanfan!
y2kMgrad
xsanguine
Rodeo Burger
Jake from State Farm
steveschneider
SpartanInNH
tGreenWay
Heat Miser
WhiteBoyHatcher
Tim Wakefield
Rocinante
Snake Plissken
Other Teams Pursuing That
The Pantry
Floyd Robertson
32 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Bolt Re: ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-04-13, 13:02

NigelUno wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:So we're being asked to vote just so a couple of posters can have a little logo under their name when they post?

You can vote no.
I would vote "I don't give a shit", if that were an option....except that I wouldn't give enough of a shit to do that.

Let the gears of this legislative body grind to a halt. It will keep Big Gerousiament from invading our lives.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bolt Re: ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-04-13, 13:05

Turtleneck wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:Yeah I get it...just not humorous

You're not exactly a barrel of laughs, pal.
Say what? You take that back.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-04-13, 13:17

MiamiSpartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

You can vote no.
I would vote "I don't give a shit", if that were an option....except that I wouldn't give enough of a shit to do that.

Let the gears of this legislative body grind to a halt. It will keep Big Gerousiament from invading our lives.

Nothing is grinding to a halt. In fact, not voting actually gives more power to those already in control. ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 5 4198636888
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-04-13, 13:32

NigelUno wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Nothing is grinding to a halt. In fact, not voting actually gives more power to those already in control. ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 5 4198636888
How so? If people don't vote, then decisions on little logos don't get made!
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-04-13, 13:34

MiamiSpartan wrote:How so? If people don't vote, then decisions on little logos don't get made!
Can I have your little logo?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-13, 13:39

Cutting the inactivity window to 90 days would remove another 10 Gerontes, which would just about get us to where we need to be to have votes that satisfy the voting requirements.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-04-13, 13:40

MiamiSpartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

How so? If people don't vote, then decisions on little logos don't get made!

Decisions on who gets logos are made by not voting.

Those with logos get more logo power if there are less posters with logos.

Not voting is actually impacting the process, just as much as voting. So, not giving a shit...is actually giving a shit. Mind blown.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Townie 2015-04-13, 13:52

NigelUno wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
How so?  If people don't vote, then decisions on little logos don't get made!

Not voting is actually impacting the process, just as much as voting.  So, not giving a shit...is actually giving a shit.  Mind blown.

If not voting was considered to be the same as voting no then you wouldn't need to cull.
Townie
Townie
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-04-13, 14:04

Townie wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Not voting is actually impacting the process, just as much as voting.  So, not giving a shit...is actually giving a shit.  Mind blown.

If not voting was considered to be the same as voting no then you wouldn't need to cull.

In this case, if you voted no now...you would actually be helping to get them elected. So, not voting impacts the process.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-04-13, 14:05

Heat Miser wrote:Cutting the inactivity window to 90 days would remove another 10 Gerontes, which would just about get us to where we need to be to have votes that satisfy the voting requirements.
The Geronte should vote on whether or not change the inactivity window, with at least 45 votes needed.

If you have to keep changing the rules to lower the bridge in order to get enough votes for a resolution to pass/fail, then just change the rules to eliminate the the minimum number of votes required in the first place.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-04-13, 14:09

NigelUno wrote:
Townie wrote:

In this case, if you voted no now...you would actually be helping to get them elected. So, not voting impacts the process.

You sound like Bush's people in 92 whining about Ross Perot.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-04-13, 14:30

MiamiSpartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

You sound like a guy who doesn't give a shit, but that wants to keep talking...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-13, 14:32

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:Cutting the inactivity window to 90 days would remove another 10 Gerontes, which would just about get us to where we need to be to have votes that satisfy the voting requirements.
The Geronte should vote on whether or not change the inactivity window, with at least 45 votes needed.

If you have to keep changing the rules to lower the bridge in order to get enough votes for a resolution to pass/fail, then just change the rules to eliminate the the minimum number of votes required in the first place.

Or just eliminate voting all together Twisted Evil and revert to the oligarchy model used elsewhere. ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 5 2599972566

BTW...the one time where those little badges are actually "worth" something is when it comes to mod/ephor election. Don't like Nigel? Replace him. Oops, can't do that right now because we can't get enough votes because we have too many Gerontes that don't participate. Hell, Minnie's a mod & hasn't even visited tSwill (let alone posted) since 1/31/15. But we can't even replace her with someone willing to actually do the job due to the numbers issue.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-04-13, 14:34

6 more votes needed to validate election.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-13, 14:36

Heat Miser wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Or just eliminate voting all together Twisted Evil and revert to the oligarchy model used elsewhere. ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 5 2599972566

BTW...the one time where those little badges are actually "worth" something is when it comes to mod/ephor election. Don't like Nigel? Replace him. Oops, can't do that right now because we can't get enough votes because we have too many Gerontes that don't participate. Hell, Minnie's a mod & hasn't even visited tSwill (let alone posted) since 1/31/15. But we can't even replace her with someone willing to actually do the job due to the numbers issue.

Minnie needs to go. She's watering down my mod status.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Townie 2015-04-13, 14:38

NigelUno wrote:
Townie wrote:

I can't vote no. I was culled.

If you can just modify the time of inactivity to cull members on a whim, then why not restart the whole process now that the board has it's feet under it.

Can't you modify any rule until this board is 1 year old under the rules? Or is it 1 now?
Townie
Townie
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-13, 14:43

Townie wrote:
NigelUno wrote:
Townie wrote:

If you can just modify the time of inactivity to cull members on a whim, then why not restart the whole process now that the board has it's feet under it.

Can't you modify any rule until this board is 1 year old under the rules? Or is it 1 now?

It wasn't a whim. There was a lengthy discussion, which you obviously missed since it occurred during your 120+ day sabbatical. Also, I think you're right on the 1 year thing (2 more days). Ask SRC. Maybe he'll add you back. ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 5 2599972566
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-04-13, 14:46

Heat Miser wrote:It wasn't a whim. There was a lengthy discussion, which you obviously missed since it occurred during your 120+ day sabbatical. Also, I think you're right on the 1 year thing (2 more days). Ask SRC. Maybe he'll add you back. ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 5 2599972566
Townie and I should get upside down Geronte badges with no privileges for being inactive to warn others.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-13, 14:48

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Are you ready to go to Rivals yet?

Can't mod. Can't recruit new posters.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Townie 2015-04-13, 14:48

Heat Miser wrote:
Townie wrote:I can't vote no. I was culled.

It wasn't a whim. There was a lengthy discussion, which you obviously missed since it occurred during your 120+ day sabbatical. Also, I think you're right on the 1 year thing (2 more days). Ask SRC. Maybe he'll add you back. ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 5 2599972566

I don't want to be added back. I'm okay without it. If someone wants me added back later, I'll be voted in.

Someone asked for suggestions. Just trying to help.

Think of your first rules as your Articles of Confederation.
Townie
Townie
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Townie 2015-04-13, 14:49

Giant Moose wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:It wasn't a whim. There was a lengthy discussion, which you obviously missed since it occurred during your 120+ day sabbatical. Also, I think you're right on the 1 year thing (2 more days). Ask SRC. Maybe he'll add you back. ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 5 2599972566
Townie and I should get upside down Geronte badges with no privileges for being inactive to warn others.

I am agreeable.
Townie
Townie
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-04-13, 14:51

I have a solution to SRC's "nightmare" scenario.

1. Give Nucky a pet troll badge
2. Actually give Nucky his own Nucky badge so that people aren't tricked into trying to have adult conversations with him. Make it something unique, like Nucky Thompson or 2 fat guys on a jet ski or something.
3. Make an amendment to the super secret charter that no new pet trolls can be elected to the Jerusalem. If you are already a pet troll and in the Jerusalem, you're good.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-04-13, 14:55

Townie wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I didn't mean "you" specifically. I appreciate your thoughts on this subject. They would have been helpful in the several lengthy discussions we had on the topic in the 5 months you didn't post here. Welcome back.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-13, 14:55

Turtleneck wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Are you ready to go to Rivals yet?

Can't mod. Can't recruit new posters.

lol!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-13, 15:01

Townie wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

I don't want to be added back. I'm okay without it. If someone wants me added back later, I'll be voted in.

Honestly, if it were up to me, I would add you, Moose, State Farm, & Tim without all the formalities, but that's not the world we live in here.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-13, 15:19

Heat Miser wrote:
Townie wrote:

Honestly, if it were up to me, I would add you, Moose, State Farm, & Tim without all the formalities, but that's not the world we live in here.

Honestly all I want is a board that is able to govern itself. If that takes 30-60 day culling, I'm good with it. If I haven't made a single post on a message board in 30 days why should I feel as though I have enough "invested" in that board to have a role in it's governance?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-04-13, 15:21

LooseGoose wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Honestly all I want is a board that is able to govern itself. If that takes 30-60 day culling, I'm good with it. If I haven't made a single post on a message board in 30 days why should I feel as though I have enough "invested" in that board to have a role in it's governance?
I just enjoy pissing all over the Spartiates from our Geronte Penthouse, next to the Playboy mansion with our very own tunnel to get to the grotto.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-04-13, 15:23

NigelUno wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

You're half right.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-04-13, 15:25

MiamiSpartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

You can vote no.

Let the gears of this legislative body grind to a halt.  It will keep Big Gerousiament from invading our lives.

ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 5 Cropped-anarchy
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-04-13, 16:09

5 more votes needed. ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 5 4198636888
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-04-13, 16:14

MiamiSpartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

You're half right.
You give half a shit? That's nasty man
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-04-13, 16:25

Man, i missed a lot in this thread. Tanfan's butthurt I see. Nigel's being annoying. Just like the old days! I love this place!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-04-13, 16:36

Rocinante wrote:Man, i missed a lot in this thread. Tanfan's butthurt I see. Nigel's being annoying. Just like the old days! I love this place!

You are now on Co9 Double Secret Probation.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-04-13, 16:57

Heat Miser wrote:

When is the last time Minnie posted? Has she been culled? Lol at the stupidity of all this. You fags sound like a homeowners association bitching about everything.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-04-13, 16:58

Tanfan! wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

When is the last time Minnie posted? Has she been culled? Lol at the stupidity of all this. You fags sound like a homeowners association bitching about everything.
At least we can bitch about it without the thread disappearing though. pirat
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-13, 17:01

Tanfan! wrote:When is the last time Minnie posted? Has she been culled? Lol at the stupidity of all this. You fags sound like a homeowners association bitching about everything.

And you sound like the cranky old fart that lost the election for the HOA Board.

ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 5 Hires_wide-25a4356c0bc45a5e06c696b42f717d696a802bcd
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-13, 17:03

Tanfan! wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

You can find the answers to those questions on your own. The info is available to all.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-04-13, 17:06

Tanfan! wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Are you back...again? I thought you left...again. Welcome back. Again.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-04-13, 17:15

NigelUno wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:

Are you back...again? I thought you left...again. Welcome back. Again.

I never left.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-04-13, 17:16

LooseGoose wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:When is the last time Minnie posted? Has she been culled? Lol at the stupidity of all this. You fags sound like a homeowners association bitching about everything.

And you sound like the cranky old fart that lost the election for the HOA Board.

ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 5 Hires_wide-25a4356c0bc45a5e06c696b42f717d696a802bcd
LooseGoose wrote:

u

How so?
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next