Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT

+28
The_Dude
Wally Fairway
MiamiSpartan
SeeRockCity
PinkyTuscadero
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Giant Moose
Townie
Watch Out Pylon!
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
tanfan!
y2kMgrad
xsanguine
Rodeo Burger
Jake from State Farm
steveschneider
SpartanInNH
tGreenWay
Heat Miser
WhiteBoyHatcher
Tim Wakefield
Rocinante
Snake Plissken
Other Teams Pursuing That
The Pantry
Floyd Robertson
32 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Bolt Re: ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-10, 10:55

Giant Moose wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I take it when The Great Culling of 2015 took place posters were culled from Geronimo but accidentally not stripped of their badges.

SRC! As a Founding member of the Co9 I demand you strip these culled Gerbils of their badges!

Actually, there was a 2nd smaller culling recently where I forgot to remove the badges. These 2 were part of that group. Badges have now been removed. Shaming is complete.
I feel like Bolley after Trevor stole his donate.

You did save us from the elephant dick logo, and for that you have my eternal gratitude.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Bolt Re: ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT

Post by Guest 2015-04-10, 11:15

Giant Moose wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Actually, there was a 2nd smaller culling recently where I forgot to remove the badges. These 2 were part of that group. Badges have now been removed. Shaming is complete.

The difference is that here we would share the stolen donate.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Townie 2015-04-10, 19:24

Heat Miser wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I take it when The Great Culling of 2015 took place posters were culled from Geronimo but accidentally not stripped of their badges.

SRC! As a Founding member of the Co9 I demand you strip these culled Gerbils of their badges!

So, where in your precious charter is the cull laid out? I didn't go a year without posting. Now I guess I can be banned by any moderator instead of only by a vote.
Townie
Townie
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-04-10, 19:34

Townie wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

So, where in your precious charter is the cull laid out? I didn't go a year without posting. Now I guess I can be banned by any moderator instead of only by a vote.
There were those of us that stood for freedom and argued that point. We were quickly quieted by the mob. Then we had a drink and stopped caring.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-10, 19:35

Townie wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

A seat in the Gerousia is permanent and may only be forfeit in the following situations:
• At the request of the Geronte.
• Due to inactivity (1 year 120 days (SRC 1/7/2015) with no posts).
• Due to a perma-ban.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Townie 2015-04-10, 19:44

Heat Miser wrote:
Townie wrote:

A seat in the Gerousia is permanent and may only be forfeit in the following situations:
• Due to a perma-ban.
today is day 100 of the current year, and only 93 days since the change.
Townie
Townie
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-04-10, 20:01

NigelUno wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Look man, do you want to be in or not? Cuz I'm getting a distinct "not willing to put in the work" vibe.

I think he got voted down once already. Maybe he's just given up.

Didn't get voted down, just didn't get enough votes.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-10, 20:14

Townie wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Townie wrote:

• Due to a perma-ban.

You are misreading the quote. If you haven't posted in 120 days, you are subject to culling at any time. It didn't start with the change or on 1/1. On 1/7, everyone who hadn't posted in the last 120 (9/7/14 ish) days or more was culled. You were culled on 3/25/15 as you had not posted since 11/14/14 (130ish days).
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-04-10, 20:17

Townie wrote:

You've made 90 posts in a year, and haven't posted in almost 5 months.  Are you really mad you don't have a badge any more?

If you like posting here, please do...and I'll nominate you again.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Townie 2015-04-10, 20:56

Heat Miser wrote:
Townie wrote: today is day 100 of the current year, and only 93 days since the change.

You are misreading the quote. If you haven't posted in 120 days, you are subject to culling at any time. It didn't start with the change or on 1/1. On 1/7, everyone who hadn't posted in the last 120 (9/7/14 ish) days or more was culled. You were culled on 3/25/15 as you had not posted since 11/14/14 (130ish days).
My point is only that when initially instituted the rule was 1 year. I don't know when the 120 day stipulation was put in, I assume 1/7/15. As most rules are instituted going forward, not retroactive, it would make sense for that to go until sometime mid-April.

Do I care? Not really. Just pointing out some flaws because I'm bored and slightly delusional from getting up at 1am.
Townie
Townie
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-10, 21:13

Townie wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Townie wrote: today is day 100 of the current year, and only 93 days since the change.

My point is only that when initially instituted the rule was 1 year. I don't know when the 120 day stipulation was put in, I assume 1/7/15. As most rules are instituted going forward, not retroactive, it would make sense for that to go until sometime mid-April.

Do I care? Not really. Just pointing out some flaws because I'm bored and slightly delusional from getting up at 1am.

Not this one.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Townie 2015-04-10, 21:16

Heat Miser wrote:
Townie wrote:

Not this one.
love the transparency. Way better than the Rods on the other site.
Townie
Townie
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-04-10, 21:20

y2kMgrad wrote:Voted for both. So now I feel productive.

Do you measure that against what Harbrah considers productive, or do you have your own (slacker) baseline?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-10, 21:30

Townie wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Not this one.
love the transparency. Way better than the Rods on the other site.

It wasn't done to be vindictive. It was done to have a high enough participation to actually conduct a valid election. Unless we get enough votes this time around I'd be in favor of cutting again until we get down to those that are truly active members.

If someone comes back and is active then I think it would be in our interest to restore their status.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-04-10, 21:45

NigelUno wrote:Tim Wakefield and Jake from State Farm have been nominated for inclusion in the Gerousia.

Polls open for 7 days. 45 total votes needed to validate election.

Vote early.  Vote often.

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t6371-do-you-think-jake-from-state-farm-belongs-in-the-gerousia

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t6370-do-you-think-tim-wakefield-belongs-in-the-gerousia
35 and 36 votes so far.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-04-10, 22:22

Townie wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 3 4113017228 It's not a flaw.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-04-10, 22:23

Snake Plissken wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Tim Wakefield and Jake from State Farm have been nominated for inclusion in the Gerousia.

Polls open for 7 days. 45 total votes needed to validate election.

Vote early.  Vote often.

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t6371-do-you-think-jake-from-state-farm-belongs-in-the-gerousia

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t6370-do-you-think-tim-wakefield-belongs-in-the-gerousia
35 and 36 votes so far.

Did your wife vote? Or did we cull her?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-10, 22:41

What are we voting on? Does it involve free beer and pizza?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-04-10, 22:50

Turtleneck wrote:What are we voting on? Does it involve free beer and pizza?

Free beer from Jake.
Free pizza from Wake.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-04-11, 13:41

Beers for all!
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-04-11, 20:54

Tim Wakefield wrote:Beers for all!

ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 3 Giphy
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-04-11, 21:41

Where's my damn beer?
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkyTuscadero 2015-04-11, 21:47

voted Wink
PinkyTuscadero
PinkyTuscadero
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-04-12, 00:14

Snake Plissken wrote:
Where's my damn beer?

Should be coming soon. Mailed it yesterday
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-04-12, 06:50

Tim Wakefield wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:Where's my damn beer?

Hope it was a can and not a bottle. Bottles break ya know. ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 3 969504605
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-04-12, 12:47

Snake Plissken wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:

Hope it was a can and not a bottle. Bottles break ya know. ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 3 969504605
Shit
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-04-12, 21:15

Still need roughly 10 people to vote. I can't believe we cannot get 45 damn people to vote. ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 3 4198636888
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-04-12, 21:29

Come on!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-04-12, 21:37

Snake Plissken wrote:Still need roughly 10 people to vote. I can't believe we cannot get 45 damn people to vote. ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 3 4198636888

If Jake had a better avatar, he might get elected.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-04-12, 21:39

Maybe Jake and/or Wake need to make a general announcement on tRCMB to GOTV back here.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-12, 21:41

Seriously. What are we voting on? Is this a vote to permaban Nigel?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-04-12, 21:42

Turtleneck wrote:Seriously. What are we voting on? Is this a vote to permaban Nigel?
C'mon you can't read the first post?
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-04-12, 21:42

tGreenWay wrote:Maybe Jake and/or Wake need to make a general announcement on tRCMB to GOTV back here.
It may be necessary to cull again or change the rules on adding members.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-04-12, 21:44

Snake Plissken wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Maybe Jake and/or Wake need to make a general announcement on tRCMB to GOTV back here.

Agreed.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-12, 21:59

Snake Plissken wrote:

I'd be in favor of culling again, if they're not participating why leave them as members?

I'm in favor of all active participants being members and having a part in the governance.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-04-12, 22:45

LooseGoose wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote: It may be necessary to cull again or change the rules on adding members.

I'd be in favor of culling again, if they're not participating why leave them as members?

I'm in favor of all active participants being members and having a part in the governance.

It is possible that people may not be voting for a reason (in effect a no vote at this point essentially helps get them elected). I tried to gauge that last time by adding an abstain option (but, it was too confusing for some people to understand).

I will say that if Jake and Wake are among the top posters on the board (by amount of posts), then they should be in the Geronte.

Maybe an amendment can be added to the charter that addresses that.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-12, 22:47

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote: It may be necessary to cull again or change the rules on adding members.

It is possible that people may not be voting for a reason (in effect a no vote at this point essentially helps get them elected). I tried to gauge that last time by adding an abstain option (but, it was too confusing for some people to understand).

I will say that if Jake and Wake are among the top posters on the board (by amount of posts), then they should be in the Geronte.

By that measure, you could end up having to take someone like Nucky.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-04-12, 23:00

Heat Miser wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

By that measure, you could end up having to take someone like Nucky.

Oh. Good point.

A Gerousia of 75 or so would probably get them elected. Maybe attrition will get it to that point.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-04-12, 23:31

Heat Miser wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

You did save us from the elephant dick logo, and for that you have my eternal gratitude.

This explains your outright hostility toward bonar and my posting. You're like a spoiled child who didn't get his way. Culling. Lol. Seriously? You wonder why you can't draw people back.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-04-12, 23:33

ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 3 82dc49ceebdd702c80f00d05af4d63b3
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next