Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT

+28
The_Dude
Wally Fairway
MiamiSpartan
SeeRockCity
PinkyTuscadero
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Giant Moose
Townie
Watch Out Pylon!
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
tanfan!
y2kMgrad
xsanguine
Rodeo Burger
Jake from State Farm
steveschneider
SpartanInNH
tGreenWay
Heat Miser
WhiteBoyHatcher
Tim Wakefield
Rocinante
Snake Plissken
Other Teams Pursuing That
The Pantry
Floyd Robertson
32 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Bolt Re: ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT

Post by tanfan! 2015-04-14, 09:22

SeeRockCity wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:...

+1 for your new avatar.

Yeah. I like it too.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Bolt Re: ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-04-14, 09:26

Tanfan! wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:

+1 for your new avatar.

Yeah. I like it too.

ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 7 685334576
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2015-04-14, 09:30

I still don't have any idea what the different level really mean, other than voting who gets to be at that level.

I would like to donate my Geronte status to Tanfan - dude has way more posts here than I do.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-04-14, 09:35

Wally Fairway wrote:I still don't have any idea what the different level really mean, other than voting who gets to be at that level.

I would like to donate my Geronte status to Tanfan - dude has way more posts here than I do.

The swill is funny. The posters genuine. The rule of law not followed. Love it
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-04-14, 09:38

Tanfan! wrote:
Wally Fairway wrote:I still don't have any idea what the different level really mean, other than voting who gets to be at that level.

The swill is funny. The posters genuine. The rule of law not followed. Love it

The charter has been followed from day 1, but of course, you'd have to have read it to know that.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-04-14, 09:46

It's all in the charter, but at tl;dr version might be helpful ITT:

1.)Geronte = Part of the Gerousia which means you get to vote on stuff. So far that has been just promotions to the Gerousia, but next year will include re-election of the Ephorate. So if you don't like Heat, or Nigel, or Me, you may vote us out of office and elect someone else. And yes, in the case of Operations and Steward, the new Ephors would be board admins. You also get to vote on moderators and bans.

2.)Ephor = Part of the Ephorate. Each Ephor is charged with a specific responsibility:

Board Steward (Currently Me) - Keeping the place running, settling disputes, mod rulings etc.
Operations (Currently Heat) - Keeping the board working, technical issues, site design, etc.
Sec Gen (Currently Nigel) - Voting and crap
Outreach (Currently Dendro) - Social stuff
Council (Currently gHost) - Legal stuff (yeah, what was I thinking)

The Ephorate does NOT have mod privileges (except for Heat).

Perceived "arbitrary" changes made by me to the charter are part of the break-in process and are specifically allowed for as a way to fine tune things while we get a better picture of how successful this place will be.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-04-14, 09:48

SeeRockCity wrote:
ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 7 Happy-Poop-%7C-Poop-Emoticon-
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-04-14, 09:55

Giant Moose wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:
ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 7 Happy-Poop-%7C-Poop-Emoticon-

ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 7 361471007 Chocolate soft-serve. I used to have them put butterscotch dip on them when i was a kid. It was terrible, but I couldn't resist. First I'd eat all the butterscotch topping, trying not to get too much chocolate mixed in, then I'd eat the ice cream. Worked out okay.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-04-14, 10:07

Still can't tell if this is a troll thread or not
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-14, 10:13

SeeRockCity wrote:
2.)Ephor = Part of the Ephorate. Each Ephor is charged with a specific responsibility:
Board Steward (Currently Me) - Keeping the place running, settling disputes, mod rulings etc.
Operations (Currently Heat) - Keeping the board working, technical issues, site design, etc.

When the fuck do we get to vote on this shit and will there be an airing of grievances during the nomination process?

ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 7 25001382287574_Hope-that-by-the-next-election-we-can-come-up-with-some-adults-to-place-on-the-fucking-ballot
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-04-14, 10:14

Giant Moose wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:

:poop:
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-14, 10:17

LooseGoose wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:

When the fuck do we get to vote on this shit and will there be an airing of grievances during the nomination process?

ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 7 25001382287574_Hope-that-by-the-next-election-we-can-come-up-with-some-adults-to-place-on-the-fucking-ballot

The Ephorate, will be elected by the Gerousia every even year, in the first month of OT season.

You'll have to endure another year I guess. [sad trombone]
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-04-14, 10:18

The_Dude wrote:Still can't tell if this is a troll thread or not

Since you didn't start it, I doubt it.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-14, 11:20

Heat Miser wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

The Ephorate, will be elected by the Gerousia every even year, in the first month of OT season.

Well it's time for this at least....

Moderator Elections – The sitting Board Steward (currently me) will determine the number of moderators required for each forum. When a moderator position becomes available, the Gerousia will be called to nominate potential moderator candidates. A moderator does not necessarily have to be a member of the Gerousia but only Gerontes may nominate a candidate and you may not nominate yourself. Once three members of the Gerousia have endorsed a candidate (nominate, second, and third), the candidate will be proposed and a vote will be conducted. A moderator candidate requires a simple majority when half of the Gerousia is represented in the vote.

Moderators will serve a term of 6 months, and will then be automatically presented for revote. If the moderator does not gain the votes required to retain moderator status, they will be replaced by another via the established process. If no moderators can be found through the voting process, one will be appointed by the current Board Steward.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-14, 11:26

LooseGoose wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Well it's time for this at least....

Moderator Elections – The sitting Board Steward (currently me) will determine the number of moderators required for each forum. When a moderator position becomes available, the Gerousia will be called to nominate potential moderator candidates. A moderator does not necessarily have to be a member of the Gerousia but only Gerontes may nominate a candidate and you may not nominate yourself. Once three members of the Gerousia have endorsed a candidate (nominate, second, and third), the candidate will be proposed and a vote will be conducted. A moderator candidate requires a simple majority when half of the Gerousia is represented in the vote.

Moderators will serve a term of 6 months, and will then be automatically presented for revote. If the moderator does not gain the votes required to retain moderator status, they will be replaced by another via the established process. If no moderators can be found through the voting process, one will be appointed by the current Board Steward.

You still probably won't get the required votes, but then at least SRC could invoke the last sentence.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-04-14, 11:30

Steward? I think they prefer flight attendant now.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2015-04-14, 13:48

SeeRockCity wrote:

1.)Geronte = Part of the Gerousia which means you get to vote on stuff.  So far that has been just promotions to the Gerousia, but next year will include re-election of the Ephorate.  So if you don't like Heat, or Nigel, or Me, you may vote us out of office and elect someone else.  And yes, in the case of Operations and Steward, the new Ephors would be board admins.  You also get to vote on moderators and bans.

2.)Ephor = Part of the Ephorate.  Each Ephor is charged with a specific responsibility:

Perceived "arbitrary" changes made by me to the charter are part of the break-in process and are specifically allowed for as a way to fine tune things while we get a better picture of how successful this place will be.
That's all nice I guess, but I really don't care about any of it.
I used to post alot on the vBulletin RCMB, but when the switch was made to 24/7 I found another board to hang out in; then this place was started so I came over here a little - but to be honest I'm just looking for somewhere to primarily discuss MSU sports.
Tanfan seems care much more about what tSwill is supposed to be - so give him my ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 7 Geront10

I don't care if I get to vote or not.

Hell 40% of the Ephorate are not active here; y'all are taking this way to seriously...it is a free (to the posters) message board, do what you want and if people don't like it then they can leave (or whine)
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-04-14, 13:51

Wally Fairway wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:

1.)Geronte = Part of the Gerousia which means you get to vote on stuff.  So far that has been just promotions to the Gerousia, but next year will include re-election of the Ephorate.  So if you don't like Heat, or Nigel, or Me, you may vote us out of office and elect someone else.  And yes, in the case of Operations and Steward, the new Ephors would be board admins.  You also get to vote on moderators and bans.

2.)Ephor = Part of the Ephorate.  Each Ephor is charged with a specific responsibility:

I used to post alot on the vBulletin RCMB, but when the switch was made to 24/7 I found another board to hang out in; then this place was started so I came over here a little - but to be honest I'm just looking for somewhere to primarily discuss MSU sports.
Tanfan seems care much more about what tSwill is supposed to be - so give him my ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 7 Geront10

Hell 40% of the Ephorate are not active here; y'all are taking this way to seriously...it is a free (to the posters) message board, do what you want and if people don't like it then they can leave (or whine)

Sorry that's not allowed. Stop trying to just make up rules. We don't do that around here.

ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 7 3003718628
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Townie 2015-04-14, 14:14

Wally Fairway wrote:

I don't think that's necessarily true. People can easily be sucked into conversations on topics about which they don't care that much.

It's just a special way to spend OT season.
Townie
Townie
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-04-14, 14:41

Sleep
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-04-14, 18:03

Rocinante wrote:
Wally Fairway wrote:

Sorry that's not allowed. Stop trying to just make up rules. We don't do that around here.

ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 7 3003718628

:lol:
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-04-14, 21:16

LoneWolfSparty wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 7 1966794946
You are soooo good at this.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-04-14, 21:26

tGreenWay wrote:
LoneWolfSparty wrote:

ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 7 1966794946
Pictures fucked up...check
Smilies fucked up...check
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-04-14, 21:28

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Pictures fucked up...check
Smilies fucked up...check

ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 7 502811600 I mean :lol:
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-04-14, 23:36

tGreenWay wrote:
LoneWolfSparty wrote:

And by soooo good you mean soooo :bad:.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-04-14, 23:55

I truly hope the system doesn't deny Wake and Jake Geronte status.

Where is Obama when you need him...?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-04-15, 07:32

NigelUno wrote:Tim Wakefield and Jake from State Farm have been nominated for inclusion in the Gerousia.

Polls open for 7 days.  45 total votes needed (or whatever arbitrary amount SeeRock decides to set) to validate election.

Vote early.  Vote often.

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t6371-do-you-think-jake-from-state-farm-belongs-in-the-gerousia

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t6370-do-you-think-tim-wakefield-belongs-in-the-gerousia

There were only 42 total votes per person. How did we determine they are in? Your own post (now modified) stated we needed 45. I think we need to change the charter and that won't happen if we do shit like this. The election failed (or didn't as you stated maybe people didn't vote as a way to make the voting process fail).
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-04-15, 07:34

Snake Plissken wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Tim Wakefield and Jake from State Farm have been nominated for inclusion in the Gerousia.

Polls open for 7 days.  45 total votes needed (or whatever arbitrary amount SeeRock decides to set) to validate election.

Vote early.  Vote often.

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t6371-do-you-think-jake-from-state-farm-belongs-in-the-gerousia

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t6370-do-you-think-tim-wakefield-belongs-in-the-gerousia

There were only 42 total votes per person. How did we determine they are in? Your own post (now modified) stated we needed 45. I think we need to change the charter and that won't happen if we do shit like this. The election failed (or didn't as you stated maybe people didn't vote as a way to make the voting process fail).

I see..."25% (SRC 4/14/2015)" ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 7 1966794946
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-04-15, 07:43

Snake Plissken wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:

I see..."25% (SRC 4/14/2015)" ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 7 1966794946

He probably should have backdated that.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-15, 07:54

NigelUno wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:

He still can back date it now that he's seized all power.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-04-15, 08:13

Snake Plissken wrote:

Vote early.  Vote often.

I hope you enjoy your next 42 years in the gulags after questioning glorious leader in public.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Townie 2015-04-15, 08:33

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:

I hope you enjoy your next 42 years in the gulags after questioning glorious leader in public.

Ex post facto laws, best laws!
Townie
Townie
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-04-15, 08:52

NigelUno wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:

Dudes, chill. This is not a country, it's a message board.

There was a whole independent thread that discussed this change in detail yesterday which stayed at the top of the front page for most of the day. If people were abstaining to swing the vote to no, they had plenty of time after reading that thread to maintain their position by actually voting "no". So whatever.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-04-15, 08:55

Townie wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Ex post facto laws, best laws!

ATTN: GERONTES - THE POLLS ARE CLOSED - WAKE AND JAKE ARE NOW GERONTES, UNLESS SEEROCK CHANGED THE CHARTER OVERNIGHT - Page 7 K75vz10
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-04-15, 08:58

Is this what Germany was like in the 30's? Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying this whole process. Just don't open up a two front war down the road.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-15, 09:50

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Is this what Germany was like in the 30's? Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying this whole process. Just don't open up a two front war down the road.

It's pretty close except for the beatings, murders, concentration camps and other nasty shit - but have patience all in good time.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-04-15, 09:51

They got in despite not getting the minimum required votes?! Fixed!
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-04-15, 09:53

[quote="SeeRockCity"][quote="NigelUno"]

[/quote]

Dudes, chill.  This is not a country, it's a message board.

There was a whole independent thread that discussed this change in detail yesterday which stayed at the top of the front page for most of the day.  If people were abstaining to swing the vote to no, they had plenty of time after reading that thread to maintain their position by actually voting "no".  So whatever.[/quote]

Shouldn't have applied to votes going on before the change. Should have applied only to future votes.

Weak sauce.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-04-15, 09:58

LoneWolfSparty wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:

Dudes, chill.  This is not a country, it's a message board.

There was a whole independent thread that discussed this change in detail yesterday which stayed at the top of the front page for most of the day.  If people were abstaining to swing the vote to no, they had plenty of time after reading that thread to maintain their position by actually voting "no".  So whatever.

Shouldn't have applied to votes going on before the change. Should have applied only to future votes.

Weak sauce.

You are not good at this forum.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-04-15, 09:59

InTenSity wrote:
LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Weak sauce.

You are not good at this forum.

You are not good at life.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next