Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings

+35
Tim Wakefield
InTenSity
Death Roe
Travis of the Cosmos
pulling69
steveschneider
tTy
Watch Out Pylon!
Turtleneck
DWags
tGreenWay
Dendrobates
Ass Dan
The_Dude
Gomer
GRR Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
Nordic
CheesySpartan
Floyd Robertson
The Pantry
WhiteBoyHatcher
Jake from State Farm
Triple Sparty
AMwood
NigelUno
CORNER BLITZ
Townie
Rocinante
xsanguine
Giant Moose
y2kMgrad
SpartanInNH
HT
Brock Middlebrook
39 posters

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 12 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:12 pm

This week is fixin to be stressful. I'm already stressed to be honest and I don't stress easily, normally I just like to muse about the ridiculousness of #dadlife.

I have a 6 AM flight on Thursday to NYC for a big client workshop I have to run, and everyone is telling me how difficult this client is. obviously it's a huge contract, too. And I have to basically have the thing planned out by tomorrow afternoon as I have a "planning" meeting with the client. Then from NY friday AM I have to fly down South for a fucking mandatory work conference that doesn't get me home until Sunday night at like 10. Sandwich all of that shit into an already packed work schedule, typical pick up/drop off dad/huband/dog duties, trying to line up family members to help out and yeah my hair is turning grey right now.

Sunday I'm either gonna be smelling like a rose or on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Most likely somewhere in the middle.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:22 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:This week is fixin to be stressful. I'm already stressed to be honest and I don't stress easily, normally I just like to muse about the ridiculousness of #dadlife.

I have a 6 AM flight on Thursday to NYC for a big client workshop I have to run, and everyone is telling me how difficult this client is. obviously it's a huge contract, too. And I have to basically have the thing planned out by tomorrow afternoon as I have a "planning" meeting with the client. Then from NY friday AM I have to fly down South for a fucking mandatory work conference that doesn't get me home until Sunday night at like 10. Sandwich all of that shit into an already packed work schedule, typical pick up/drop off dad/huband/dog duties, trying to line up family members to help out and yeah my hair is turning grey right now.

Sunday I'm either gonna be smelling like a rose or on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Most likely somewhere in the middle.

Relax brah, you got this. Good luck.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:23 pm

Jesus, WBH. And I thought I was fucked.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:35 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:This week is fixin to be stressful. I'm already stressed to be honest and I don't stress easily, normally I just like to muse about the ridiculousness of #dadlife.

As you probably know most of the time the "difficult client" shit is overblown. Just keep a firm hand with them and most people stay in line.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:37 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Jesus, WBH. And I thought I was fucked.

Get your clothes laid out, take a nice long bath and get in fucking bed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:39 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Jesus, WBH. And I thought I was fucked.

My dress shit is all ready to go. I even bought new socks today. It's only 7:38 Goose.

Can I bring a two hearted in the tub? I do have a nice big tub. I think I might actually do that. Random Ramblings - Page 12 502811600

I'll give myself 9 hours of sleep time. Better go do the math...
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:46 pm

Random Ramblings - Page 12 Trump111
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:48 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

My dress shit is all ready to go. I even bought new socks today. It's only 7:38 Goose.

Can I bring a two hearted in the tub? I do have a nice big tub. I think I might actually do that. Random Ramblings - Page 12 502811600

A beer sounds good, nothing like a bath to relax and soak. Quick shower in the AM and you're ready to start sending your tax $$'s to us old farts for the next 45-50 years!! Thanks!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:49 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

As you probably know most of the time the "difficult client" shit is overblown. Just keep a firm hand with them and most people stay in line.
I'm in the automotive business. Tons of dipshits that seem to like to hear their own voices instead of focusing on resolving any immediate issue.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:51 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

A beer sounds good, nothing like a bath to relax and soak. Quick shower in the AM and you're ready to start sending your tax $$'s to us old farts for the next 45-50 years!! Thanks!

Be ready for SS to be means tested Razz
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:56 pm

SpartanDawgs265 wrote:Random Ramblings - Page 12 Trump111

Random Ramblings - Page 12 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:56 pm

Random Ramblings - Page 12 Trump112
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:59 pm

The Pantry wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I'm in the automotive business. Tons of dipshits that seem to like to hear their own voices instead of focusing on resolving any immediate issue.

I was in that business early in my career. Put some years in with the FoMoCo. The atmosphere in those buildings, the hierarchies, the outright intimidation that the execs gave out (see comments on Fowler Sr in other thread) are just astounding looking back. I'm a virtual neophyte in the business world but it does not surprise me at all that the auto industry has been so slow to adapt to the economic realities of today's world. Even though things are moving in the right direction, it is my understanding that those meeting rooms are still very similar to how they were in the early 00's.

I literally sat in on meetings where Chief Program Engineers (like the person at the head of the chain who was responsible for building the redesigned Explorer) were brought to tears in front of the couple hundred people they directed by execs. So absurd. Random Ramblings - Page 12 502811600
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:30 pm

It took me like 3 nights to finish it but I watched City of God this week/weekend. Pretty good. That shit is kinda insane. Is/was Rio really like that in the slums? Jesus. Seems almost crazier than the D.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:32 pm

Does anyone really give a shit about Kobe Bryant's farewell tour? Apparently they do. I guess I'm in the minority.

I just don't think Kobe is that great.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:36 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:It took me like 3 nights to finish it but I watched City of God this week/weekend. Pretty good. That shit is kinda insane. Is/was Rio really like that in the slums? Jesus. Seems almost crazier than the D.

If you're driving late at night in big cities like that in South America/Africa and there's no one on the road, you're supposed to go right through it because people can hop in your car and rob you if you stop. Assuming Rio is like that too. Shit's crazy

Edit: Here is a link from LA Times about Rio. -> http://articles.latimes.com/1999/jul/24/news/mn-59110
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:39 pm

Tim Wakefield wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:It took me like 3 nights to finish it but I watched City of God this week/weekend. Pretty good. That shit is kinda insane. Is/was Rio really like that in the slums? Jesus. Seems almost crazier than the D.

If you're driving late at night in big cities like that in South America/Africa and there's no one on the road, you're supposed to go right through it because people can hop in your car and rob you if you stop. Assuming Rio is like that too. Shit's crazy

Edit: Here is a link from LA Times about Rio. -> http://articles.latimes.com/1999/jul/24/news/mn-59110

Huh. Learn something new every day.

The way it was depicted in the film was wild to me. Packs of shirtless kids of all races and colors, seemingly parentless, robbing, beating and shooting e'rryone.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:39 pm

Is jerking off after the gym hurting my gains? Random Ramblings - Page 12 2599972566
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:41 pm

SpartanDawgs265 wrote:Is jerking off after the gym hurting my gains? Random Ramblings - Page 12 2599972566

Doubt it. Beforehand, sure... but afterwards I don't see how it would.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:44 pm

xsanguine wrote:
SpartanDawgs265 wrote:Is jerking off after the gym hurting my gains? Random Ramblings - Page 12 2599972566

Thats reassuring. thanks! Random Ramblings - Page 12 328670334
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:45 pm

I have some more random thoughts. I think I will post them here because I'm bored.

I went roller skating today. Legit roller skating. I don't think I've been on roller skates since probably 1985 at Bonaventure. I know how to skate on ice a bit (not great) and I know how to skate using inline skates pretty well. But it was funny putting those beige motherfuckers on again with the orange rubber stock. and my size 13s are a bit more hefty than the size 4s I rocked back in the day when I was shooting the duck.

It was pretty fun to be transported back in time. Not a whole lot has changed at these skating joints. The lockers. The snack bar. The arcade. The disco lights. All intact. My fave was probably seeing the wooden payphone shells still drilled into the walls minus the payphones. I would bet 85% of the people in the building would not be able to tell you what those things were.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:51 pm

SpartanDawgs265 wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Thats reassuring. thanks! Random Ramblings - Page 12 328670334

Fap away, brotha.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:02 pm

Ooh, I have a good one. I'm sure this is something internal that I'm projecting onto myself but I can't quite figure it out. Maybe I'll seek the counsel of a professional.

When I'm in a store, like a retail store. I always feel like I'm being watched and under suspicion of being a shoplifter. It's absurd. Sub-consciously I am always looking over my shoulder and trying to be overt to demonstrate that I am actually shopping and not trying to steal shit.

Makes no sense. I've never been a thief. Pretty sure people don't see me as a thief when I enter a store. But for some reason this is always in the back of my mind.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:04 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
The Pantry wrote:I'm in the automotive business. Tons of dipshits that seem to like to hear their own voices instead of focusing on resolving any immediate issue.

I was in that business early in my career. Put some years in with the FoMoCo. The atmosphere in those buildings, the hierarchies, the outright intimidation that the execs gave out (see comments on Fowler Sr in other thread) are just astounding looking back. I'm a virtual neophyte in the business world but it does not surprise me at all that the auto industry has been so slow to adapt to the economic realities of today's world. Even though things are moving in the right direction, it is my understanding that those meeting rooms are still very similar to how they were in the early 00's.

I literally sat in on meetings where Chief Program Engineers (like the person at the head of the chain who was responsible for building the redesigned Explorer) were brought to tears in front of the couple hundred people they directed by execs. So absurd. Random Ramblings - Page 12 502811600
Lots of politics and back-stabbing. You can weed-out most of the asshats within the first couple statements they make.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:13 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Ooh, I have a good one. I'm sure this is something internal that I'm projecting onto myself but I can't quite figure it out. Maybe I'll seek the counsel of a professional.

When I'm in a store, like a retail store. I always feel like I'm being watched and under suspicion of being a shoplifter. It's absurd. Sub-consciously I am always looking over my shoulder and trying to be overt to demonstrate that I am actually shopping and not trying to steal shit.

Makes no sense. I've never been a thief. Pretty sure people don't see me as a thief when I enter a store. But for some reason this is always in the back of my mind.

I do this, too.

I'll make an honestly innocent, casual movement like bringing my arms down to my side and then realizing in the right context it could be construed as me creating a diversion and then placing something in my pocket. So then I'll immediately react.

Then I think about it and if they did stop me for shoplifting I think I'd fuck with them if I wasn't in a hurry. Like not consent to any searches and "ask for my lawyer" and all that and keep saying "Am I under arrest?!!?!" really aggressively.

Then I realize I'm just high and need to get what I came for and get the hell out of there.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:15 pm

Sometimes when I don't feel like driving to my mom or dad's houses to do the laundry, I use the coin-operated unit in my building. It's pretty nice, and in a good spot.

HOWEVER... someone in my unit does NOT clean the fucking lint trap after they are done using the drier. I don't feel like touching your leftover body hairs/pubes/etc.

I even left a note that looked JUST like the apartment complex office did it. Someone took it down. Funny part, there is even a small printed label on the drier from the company, telling you to clean your lint out once you're done.

Fuckers.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:19 pm

Currently sitting in my master bedroom baller bath tub soaking with a two hearted listening to Bob Marley.

Do not fuck tomorrow up, OTPT.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:52 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Currently sitting in my master bedroom baller bath tub soaking with a two hearted listening to Bob Marley.

Chill, dude. Don't worry about fucking up. We've all done it.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:56 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Currently sitting in my master bedroom baller bath tub soaking with a two hearted listening to Bob Marley.

First days are easy bro. It's mostly just meet and greets. What do you do again?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:58 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

First days are easy bro. It's mostly just meet and greets. What do you do again?

Meet and greets, sure, but I think they'll at least get to showing him how to work the fryer and the oven.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:02 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Admissions at a U here.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:36 am

Christ almighty, don't fall asleep and drown.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:42 pm

https://weather.com/weather/alerts/localalerts/l/USMI0834:1:US?phenomena=WS&significance=A&areaid=MIZ069&office=KDTX&etn=0002

Neutral

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:52 pm

We got a sprouting kit as a gift for the holidays which is actually pretty cool.

Sprouted lentils gives me a ton of gas.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:00 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

https://weather.com/weather/alerts/localalerts/l/USMI0834:1:US?phenomena=WS&significance=A&areaid=MIZ069&office=KDTX&etn=0002

Neutral

Drive, it's less than 12 hours.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:10 pm

Hit me up if you want to rip some beers, and then go looking for a street brawl over in Hells Kitchen.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:07 pm

This Telescope thing that debuted on Discovery a couple of days ago is really cool.

Telescope
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:48 pm

Got home to find a very interesting letter in the mail from the son of one of my dads B-17 crew members. Recognized his name because he has contributed some photos to The Bloody Hundredth website https://100thbg.com/ in memory of his dad and the crew...all of them gone now.

Talked with him this evening. Very cool. Said he will send pics he has. I have my dad's helmet, headset, and officers uniform and will send him pics of those.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:18 pm

The Pantry wrote:Got home to find a very interesting letter in the mail from the son of one of my dads B-17 crew members. Recognized his name because he has contributed some photos to The Bloody Hundredth website https://100thbg.com/ in memory of his dad and the crew...all of them gone now.

Talked with him this evening. Very cool. Said he will send pics he has. I have my dad's helmet, headset, and officers uniform and will send him pics of those.

Pretty cool site, but I had a hell of a time finding the pics.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:52 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Got home to find a very interesting letter in the mail from the son of one of my dads B-17 crew members. Recognized his name because he has contributed some photos to The Bloody Hundredth website https://100thbg.com/ in memory of his dad and the crew...all of them gone now.

Pretty cool site, but I had a hell of a time finding the pics.
The site is different from the last time I looked at it. Tougher to find stuff now.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next