Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings

+35
Tim Wakefield
InTenSity
Death Roe
Travis of the Cosmos
pulling69
steveschneider
tTy
Watch Out Pylon!
Turtleneck
DWags
tGreenWay
Dendrobates
Ass Dan
The_Dude
Gomer
GRR Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
Nordic
CheesySpartan
Floyd Robertson
The Pantry
WhiteBoyHatcher
Jake from State Farm
Triple Sparty
AMwood
NigelUno
CORNER BLITZ
Townie
Rocinante
xsanguine
Giant Moose
y2kMgrad
SpartanInNH
HT
Brock Middlebrook
39 posters

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 3 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-08-28, 00:52

DWags wrote:It would take a good three hours and a whole bottle of pappy van winkle 15 yr to even begin.

*posted 3+ hours ago...
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2015-08-28, 01:16

When I was leaving for work this morning, a spider decided to rappel off the bottom of my garage door as it opened. I jeanne claude van damme'd him in his face.
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-08-28, 02:31

Brock Middlebrook wrote:When I was leaving for work this morning, a spider decided to rappel off the bottom of my garage door as it opened. I jeanne claude van damme'd him in his face.

Lulz
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Townie 2015-08-28, 04:09

tGreenWay wrote:Right now, while your winter work gloves are nestled away in your garage, some spider -- maybe a brown recluse -- is chilling out at the tip of one of the fingers. It might even be laying eggs which will be hatched around the time you reach for those gloves when the first snow falls. Maybe the cold will have killed those hundreds of spiders. But maybe not.
this is one of the reasons I'm happy about moving north from Cincy.
Townie
Townie
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-08-28, 09:46

Townie wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Right now, while your winter work gloves are nestled away in your garage, some spider -- maybe a brown recluse -- is chilling out at the tip of one of the fingers. It might even be laying eggs which will be hatched around the time you reach for those gloves when the first snow falls. Maybe the cold will have killed those hundreds of spiders. But maybe not.

OTR?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Townie 2015-08-28, 13:20

NigelUno wrote:
Townie wrote:this is one of the reasons I'm happy about moving north from Cincy.

OTR?
my house is in Pleasant Ridge. About 15 minutes NE of OTR off 71.
Townie
Townie
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2015-08-28, 13:22

Townie wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

OTR?
my house is in Pleasant Ridge. About 15 minutes NE of OTR off 71.

okay. i found it on google maps. thanks.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Townie 2015-08-28, 15:06

AMwood wrote:
Townie wrote:my house is in Pleasant Ridge. About 15 minutes NE of OTR off 71.

okay. i found it on google maps. thanks.
you're welcome.

I'm moving out just as a new brewery is going in, 3-4 new restaurants are opening, and a new theater is going into an old space that last showed movies in the 50s.

PR is going gangbusters right now.
Townie
Townie
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-08-28, 17:46

Got my electric bill the other day and it was close to $100. Better than a lot of folks, I'd guess, but my baseline is one-third that much so the other 2/3 went straight to the air conditioner. With the moderate temps this week I might just splurge on taco bell tomorrow.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-08-28, 17:51

Floyd Robertson wrote:Got my electric bill the other day and it was close to $100. Better than a lot of folks, I'd guess, but my baseline is one-third that much so the other 2/3 went straight to the air conditioner. With the moderate temps this week I might just splurge on taco bell tomorrow.

Water bill jumped 228 last bill. I'm worried I'm gonna get fucked by Detroits incompetence
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Townie 2015-08-28, 18:12

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Got my electric bill the other day and it was close to $100. Better than a lot of folks, I'd guess, but my baseline is one-third that much so the other 2/3 went straight to the air conditioner. With the moderate temps this week I might just splurge on taco bell tomorrow.

Water bill jumped 228 last bill. I'm worried I'm gonna get fucked by Detroits incompetence
you could move to GP or Highland Park...They still have their own water, right?
Townie
Townie
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2015-08-28, 18:20

Farms does.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-08-28, 18:34

Have not had an electric bill much over $70 since DTE paid me $40 to pick up the old Montgomery Ward fridge/freezer I had in the garage last summer.  Pretty amazing considering my electric bill had previously been $100+ year round
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-08-28, 18:54

Townie wrote:

There will still be spiders. There will always be spiders. Spiders in your gloves. Waiting for you. Waiting. Waiting.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-08-29, 11:40

Still drunk in the morning = bad
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-08-29, 14:09

Before a little while ago had not ordered from Beirut Palace in probably a year. Their spicy raw lamb kibbee and whipped garlic are awesome. None of the other Middle Eastern places around here come close.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Townie 2015-08-29, 15:16

WiFi in this hotel sucks.
Townie
Townie
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-08-30, 03:33

Smashed tonight and she left already... Might propose to her next time we hang out. Wow
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-08-30, 03:52

Pics of her boobs Tim. Where are they.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-08-30, 12:06

In the cloud, or something.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-08-30, 17:37

The Washington Post smart phone app just went behind a paywall. Damnit! Damnit! Damnit!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-09-09, 23:27

GOAT

Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-09-11, 23:08

Saudi 9/11 delivered without terrorists

http://news.yahoo.com/saudi-arabia-62-dead-crane-collapse-mecca-mosque-171647319.html

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-09-12, 18:15

Fan Duel must be rolling in dough because they are shelling it out on advertising like nobody's business today.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-09-13, 13:09

The Pantry wrote:The unsubscribed newspaper (Freep) dropped at the end of my drive Saturday mornings had stopped for a couple months but started again about a month ago.  To make it even worse I'm now getting a different paper (Oakland Press) thrown on the lawn on Sunday, too.

Pity the poor fucker(s) if I ever catch them in the act because I will chase them down and chew them a new asshole give them a stern talking to.
Three fucking papers pitched on my drive this weekend Random Ramblings - Page 3 1896033241
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-09-16, 19:45

Cheering for UM tonight.... in soccer. Neighbor friend I grew up with is getting his first start tonight for the Wolvies.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-09-16, 19:59

Tim Wakefield wrote:Cheering for UM tonight.... in soccer. Neighbor friend I grew up with is getting his first start tonight for the Wolvies.
One of my daughters got her undergrad and masters at UM and currently works for UM.

Still, fuck UM. Hope your friend is struck by a kicked ball and inadvertently scores on his own goal Random Ramblings - Page 3 2809484752
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-09-16, 20:47

Effing Jeep. I had to buy Ford parts because the Jeep/Chrysler parts wouldn't fit. Now I get to crawl underneath it again tomorrow because it's too effing dark already to work on it.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-09-16, 21:11

The Pantry wrote:
The Pantry wrote:The unsubscribed newspaper (Freep) dropped at the end of my drive Saturday mornings had stopped for a couple months but started again about a month ago.  To make it even worse I'm now getting a different paper (Oakland Press) thrown on the lawn on Sunday, too.

Pity the poor fucker(s) if I ever catch them in the act because I will chase them down and chew them a new asshole give them a stern talking to.
Three fucking papers pitched on my drive this weekend Random Ramblings - Page 3 1896033241

Found a new phone book on my front porch today Random Ramblings - Page 3 1896033241
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-09-16, 21:16

Jake from State Farm wrote:Effing Jeep. I had to buy Ford parts because the Jeep/Chrysler parts wouldn't fit. Now I get to crawl underneath it again tomorrow because it's too effing dark already to work on it.
Random Ramblings - Page 3 Hqdefault
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-10-02, 09:12

The Pantry wrote:

Random Ramblings - Page 3 502811600 I think the culprit lives behind you. I walk my kid to school every day down that road and there is a house directly behind the yellow one with a garage full of newspapers and a big silver cargo van.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-10-02, 21:45

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

Random Ramblings - Page 3 502811600 I think the culprit lives behind you. I walk my kid to school every day down that road and there is a house directly behind the yellow one with a garage full of newspapers and a big silver cargo van.
Don't drive that street often. Is it a ranch or colonial?

Bit of weirdness getting home after work this evening. Two Troy cops in vehicles parked both sides of the street that ends at mine. Saw the guy living on the SW corner standing in his driveway. Both cops left within a couple minutes. No idea what happened or why they were there
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-10-02, 21:50

The Pantry wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Don't drive that street often.  Is it a ranch or colonial?

Bit of weirdness getting home after work this evening.  Two Troy cops in vehicles parked both sides of the street that ends at mine.  Saw the guy living on the SW corner standing in his driveway.  Both cops left within a couple minutes.  No idea what happened or why they were there
It's a colonial. Dark red brick and I want to say blue or grey siding/paint. 

I saw that, too. I can't remember if it was when I was returning from getting a haircut around 4:30 or returning from running an errand around 6:45. I sort of think my son was in the car with me so thinking the former. I didn't see anyone outside and no one was in either cop car.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-10-02, 22:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
Don't drive that street often.  Is it a ranch or colonial?

Bit of weirdness getting home after work this evening.  Two Troy cops in vehicles parked both sides of the street that ends at mine.  Saw the guy living on the SW corner standing in his driveway.  Both cops left within a couple minutes.  No idea what happened or why they were there

I saw that, too. I can't remember if it was when I was returning from getting a haircut around 4:30 or returning from running an errand around 6:45. I sort of think my son was in the car with me so thinking the former. I didn't see anyone outside and no one was in either cop car.
What I saw was around 4:30.

Got a haircut at Borics LL/RR Monday. Been going there for years. The women are cool. Closer to my age, yet very attractive. Always offer to trim my eyebrows and never make me feel like the old perv I'm sorta sure they know I am.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-10-02, 22:51

The Pantry wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Got a haircut at Borics LL/RR Monday.  Been going there for years.  The women are cool.  Closer to my age, yet very attractive.  Always offer to trim my eyebrows and never make me feel like the old perv I'm sorta sure they know I am.
Heh, I've been there. I can't stand waiting. I have reluctantly adopted Lady Jane's. It's really not that pervy at all. I take my 6 yo with me and we get haircuts at the same time. Best thing about it is it's their HQ and there are like 10 girls working at any one time so rarely is there a wait. Plus they have popcorn!
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-10-02, 23:34

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

Got a haircut at Borics LL/RR Monday.  Been going there for years.  The women are cool.  Closer to my age, yet very attractive.  Always offer to trim my eyebrows and never make me feel like the old perv I'm sorta sure they know I am.
Heh, I've been there. I can't stand waiting. I have reluctantly adopted Lady Jane's. It's really not that pervy at all. I take my 6 yo with me and we get haircuts at the same time. Best thing about it is it's their HQ and there are like 10 girls working at any one time so rarely is there a wait. Plus they have popcorn!
You can probably skate for a while, as long as you bring your kid in.

You have to time Borics. Generally walk in 5-6pm on Mondays, get right in the chair, and have a non-bimbo give me the regular great haircut. So good it got to the point last year I felt kinda guilty and upped the tip from $3 to $4 for the $13 haircut.

I'm certain Giant Moose would disapprove : (
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-10-03, 04:00

wtf happened to all the posts before Fri 7 Aug 2015 - 21:01?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-10-03, 10:59

Floyd Robertson wrote:wtf happened to all the posts before Fri 7 Aug 2015 - 21:01?
Same thing happened with the Tigers thread except everything is gone from before Aug 26
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-10-03, 11:48

The Pantry wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:wtf happened to all the posts before Fri 7 Aug 2015 - 21:01?
Same thing happened with the Tigers thread except everything is gone from before Aug 26

Yep, I noticed that a few weeks ago, too. I have this suspicion that forumotion can't handle threads with over X number of pages and it just starts truncating the database so that the number of pages remains below the maximum threshold.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-10-03, 21:39

As you reach for your cold weather shoes, boots, and gloves, think about where all of those big, hairy, bitey spiders have been holed up all this time--nesting, making baby spideys, hungry for something like a human toe or finger to offer itself up. Pleasant dreams.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next