Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings

+35
Tim Wakefield
InTenSity
Death Roe
Travis of the Cosmos
pulling69
steveschneider
tTy
Watch Out Pylon!
Turtleneck
DWags
tGreenWay
Dendrobates
Ass Dan
The_Dude
Gomer
GRR Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
Nordic
CheesySpartan
Floyd Robertson
The Pantry
WhiteBoyHatcher
Jake from State Farm
Triple Sparty
AMwood
NigelUno
CORNER BLITZ
Townie
Rocinante
xsanguine
Giant Moose
y2kMgrad
SpartanInNH
HT
Brock Middlebrook
39 posters

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 24 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-20, 14:16

Tim Wakefield wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:looks like I'm hittin' up Founders later... if any of you GR peeps are there and wanna buy me a beer, let me know.

I'm actually gonna be there later Razz

Can't afford two beers though, so I'll get you an ice water
I didn't see ya.. I had dinner and 3-4 beers. Then walked over to Stella's and hung out for a bit.

Sorry you're poor. I would've bought you a beer or let you have some beer cheese dip or something.

lots of dudes wearing sandals in Founders. Shocked
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-06-20, 14:21

tGreenWay wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:Lots of hot moms at the caf today for parent orientation

If only there was a way to visually convey the message you're sharing with us. What to do? What to do?

Yeah let me just take some pictures and hope no one notices the supervisor creeping on hot moms Random Ramblings - Page 24 502811600

LooseGoose wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:Lots of hot moms at the caf today for parent orientation

Are you offering your orienteering services?

I'd orient the shit out of them.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-06-21, 08:02

It's national selfie day. I officially hate America now.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-06-21, 10:42

Tim Wakefield wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

If only there was a way to visually convey the message you're sharing with us. What to do? What to do?

Yeah let me just take some pictures and hope no one notices the supervisor creeping on hot moms Random Ramblings - Page 24 502811600

LooseGoose wrote:

Are you offering your orienteering services?

I'd orient the shit out of them.

You say that like it's difficult.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-25, 13:41

After 13 years of dance competitions, 100's and 100's of shows, literally 10,000 dances I realized if your kid rips a knee up on stage there are no trainers or medical people at those things. Just dance studio owners and judges who look around with a "holy shit" type face. Random Ramblings - Page 24 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-25, 15:25

DWags wrote:After 13 years of dance competitions, 100's and 100's of shows, literally 10,000 dances I realized if your kid rips a knee up on stage there are no trainers or medical people at those things. Just dance studio owners and judges who look around with a "holy shit" type face. Random Ramblings - Page 24 502811600

I think they should have Doctors at Spelling Bees too. And Monopoly tournaments. A lot of stress at those things.

Random Ramblings - Page 24 Giphy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-25, 15:33

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:After 13 years of dance competitions, 100's and 100's of shows, literally 10,000 dances I realized if your kid rips a knee up on stage there are no trainers or medical people at those things. Just dance studio owners and judges who look around with a "holy shit" type face. Random Ramblings - Page 24 502811600

I think they should have Doctors at Spelling Bees too. And Monopoly tournaments. A lot of stress at those things.

Random Ramblings - Page 24 502811600 Was he spelling vasovagal syncope?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-06-25, 15:35

I remember thinking when my daughter finished dance after 14 years, "that's it?, 14 years and that's it?". Sometimes you don't realize how big a part of your life something is until it's over.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-25, 17:33

Floyd Robertson wrote:

I remember thinking when my daughter finished dance after 14 years, "that's it?, 14 years and that's it?". Sometimes you don't realize how big a part of your life something is until it's over.

Dude, it never ends. Ever........ Ever......
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-25, 17:37

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Wags? More and more you sound like you need a weekend on the waterfront with a bonfire, a grill, a cooler of beer and a jug or two of whisky.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-06-25, 17:45

LooseGoose wrote:

Random Ramblings - Page 24 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-25, 17:52

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

Wags? More and more you sound like you need a weekend on the waterfront with a bonfire, a grill, a cooler of beer and a jug or two of whisky.

From Thursday June 30 till I have to be back for Jury duty on July 26, I'm not doing one thing except putting a brick patio in at the summer dump. Told my business partner he won't know if I'm dead or alive and I'll only answer my phone if he calls three times in a row.

By the way, any Ideas on how I can get out of jury duty? Already got it moved once. They said I can't do it anymore. (I don't mind doing it, just had to fall in the summer-sheeeeeet)!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-25, 17:57

DWags wrote:By the way, any Ideas on how I can get out of jury duty? Already got it moved once. They said I can't do it anymore. (I don't mind doing it, just had to fall in the summer-sheeeeeet)!

Join the Juggalos.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-25, 18:02

DWags wrote:From Thursday June 30 till I have to be back for Jury duty on July 26, I'm not doing one thing except putting a brick patio in at the summer dump.

Win your family's never ending affection and add this to the plans:

Random Ramblings - Page 24 Artigiano2
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-06-25, 18:07

Floyd Robertson wrote:
DWags wrote:After 13 years of dance competitions, 100's and 100's of shows, literally 10,000 dances I realized if your kid rips a knee up on stage there are no trainers or medical people at those things. Just dance studio owners and judges who look around with a "holy shit" type face.  Random Ramblings - Page 24 502811600

Sort of thought hearing my daughter sing (since she was 4) ended with her HS senior year play.    

She got accepted to Young Americans after a post-show impromptu audition at Boyne Highlands a couple years later.  Ended up touring the UK, Africa, US, and Japan a couple times over a few years.

Went to watch her perform with TYA at Boyne Highlandscouple summers ago.  Awesome show from the entire TYA group...singers, dancers, musicians. production, etc.    

Daughter auditioned for a Royal Caribbean singer job about this time last year.  Now on her 2nd 6-month contract tour with RC and loves her job.  

What I'm really trying to say is there are options for kids that have a dream and might not necessarily want go to college.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-06-25, 18:13

btw...TYA season is coming up again.  Worth seeing if you're in the neighborhood

http://www.youngamericans.org/index.php/events/dinner-theatre/
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-06-25, 18:16

Jethro may be the heart of NCIS, but Ziva was its soul.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-06-25, 18:20

tGreenWay wrote:Jethro may be the heart of NCIS, but Ziva was its soul.
Kinda funny. Haven't turned the Tiger game on yet watching USA instead
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-06-25, 18:22

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Jethro may be the heart of NCIS, but Ziva was its soul.
Kinda funny. Haven't turned the Tiger game on yet watching USA instead

I've never watched the show in its prime time slot--only on USA when nothing else of interest is on, and even a casual viewer like me knows she brought something extra to the cast. The new actress has none of that.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-06-25, 18:28

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Kinda funny. Haven't turned the Tiger game on yet watching USA instead

I've never watched the show in its prime time slot--only on USA when nothing else of interest is on, and even a casual viewer like me knows she brought something extra to the cast. The new actress has none of that.
Have never watched in its prime time slot, except this seasons finale. Got hooked on NCIS during USA marathons last summer
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-06-25, 18:31

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Have never watched in its prime time slot, except this seasons finale. Got hooked on NCIS during USA marathons last summer

I think that's how they got me, too. Random Ramblings - Page 24 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-06-25, 18:42

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Have never watched in its prime time slot, except this seasons finale. Got hooked on NCIS during USA marathons last summer

Have watched very little network TV in what seems like forever. Blew my mind to discover NCIS has been on 13 years. Might buy a boxed set.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-25, 19:15

The Pantry wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Sort of thought hearing my daughter sing (since she was 4) ended with her HS senior year play.    

She got accepted to Young Americans after a post-show impromptu audition at Boyne Highlands a couple years later.  Ended up touring the UK, Africa, US, and Japan a couple times over a few years.

Went to watch her perform with TYA at Boyne Highlandscouple summers ago.  Awesome show from the entire TYA group...singers, dancers, musicians. production, etc.    

Daughter auditioned for a Royal Caribbean singer job about this time last year.  Now on her 2nd 6-month contract tour with RC and loves her job.  

What I'm really trying to say is there are options for kids that have a dream and might not necessarily want go to college.

Yeah, one of mine took it to college. The other is still doing the HS circuit stuff. Bthough I think she needs to shut it down and heal for a bit now.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-06-25, 19:17

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:By the way, any Ideas on how I can get out of jury duty? Already got it moved once. They said I can't do it anymore. (I don't mind doing it, just had to fall in the summer-sheeeeeet)!

Join the Juggalos.

That's just good advice regardless of jury duty.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-25, 19:23

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:From Thursday June 30 till I have to be back for Jury duty on July 26, I'm not doing one thing except putting a brick patio in at the summer dump.

Dude, the patio will be a challenge. I dry walled the garage. If you came to my house for the first time my wife would greet you, then say, hey want to see how wags dry walked the garage? It's the family joke. I suck. I really don't have the skill to do that shit.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-25, 19:29

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Dude, the patio will be a challenge. I dry walled the garage. If you came to my house for the first time my wife would greet you, then say, hey want to see how wags dry walked the garage? It's the family joke. I suck. I really don't have the skill to do that shit.

IF I thought I could build one like that I would have - I just assumed you were pretty skilled with the patio project. My brick work would resemble this:

Random Ramblings - Page 24 72215d1337906654-brick-work-older-days-wall1
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-06-25, 19:50

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Have watched very little network TV in what seems like forever. Blew my mind to discover NCIS has been on 13 years. Might buy a boxed set.

Yeah, I've enjoyed almost all of the eps I've seen. That Kate got my misters humming. I never would've guessed I'd wind up enjoying a show like that--mostly because network tv is so bland and/or derivative.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-25, 22:37

My daughter injured her knee today. She has horrible bone spurs too. We've decided to shut her down till fall for dance. If show you the X-ray. But I don't know how. Anyway, my 79 year old mom is at the competition. Her recommendation? Marijuana and marijuana oil. Yep. This is my life tonight.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-06-25, 22:42

Hey, I can show you guys pictures of my knee when they were doing the surgery. Just don't eat anything before you look at them.

Pics incoming.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-06-25, 22:44

Hey death roe how are you? We haven't talked much lately and I miss you.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-06-25, 22:46

Hey buddy. I had a crazy busy weekend, two weddings in two nights. I'm done with weddings, I hope.

Tomorrow is going to be a relaxing day before going back to the grind. Excited to chill.

How are you?
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-06-25, 22:54

I have three more weddings this year. Pretty meh about two of them.

I'm doing pretty great. Went out last night. Tonight's kinda chill. Too old to be doing the going out two days in a row thing. I mean, I guess I could. I just don't want to.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-06-25, 22:55

Good stuff, good stuff.

I had quite a bit of beer tonight, but it takes a lot to get me loaded. My alcohol tolerance is very high.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-25, 22:56

You guys must be in your late 20's early 30's. Prime wedding years.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-25, 22:56

Death Roe wrote:Good stuff, good stuff.

I had quite a bit of beer tonight, but it takes a lot to get me loaded. My alcohol tolerance is very high.

I just found out my mom is into weed.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-06-25, 23:00

DWags wrote:You guys must be in your late 20's early 30's. Prime wedding years.

It sucks dude. I mean, it's fun enough. I guess. But there are better things to be doing. Especially if it's out of town. Or on a fall Saturday like two of the ones I'm looking at are. Fuckers.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-25, 23:06

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
DWags wrote:You guys must be in your late 20's early 30's. Prime wedding years.

It sucks dude. I mean, it's fun enough. I guess. But there are better things to be doing. Especially if it's out of town. Or on a fall Saturday like two of the ones I'm looking at are. Fuckers.

Yeah, pretty much right of passage. Those are the years. Wife has a collage of brides maids dresses from those years. Funny as hell. But fuck them if it's an important game.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-06-25, 23:10

I skipped one for the Oregon game last year. Fuckers went to msu too, just didn't really get into football. I spent weeks trying to decide what to do.

I made the right call.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-06-25, 23:15

My friends got married on the day of an MSU game against a nobody. Wyoming I think.

Didn't care if I missed that game, but we got to see half of it. The wedding was actually pretty close to campus, we were tempted to go there before the ceremony.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-06-25, 23:39

DWags wrote:
Death Roe wrote:Good stuff, good stuff.

I just found out my mom is into weed.

I found out earlier this year that my 79-year-old mom is using MM for Lyme Disease symptoms. My fundamentalist Christian 79-year-old mom.  Mind ---> blown.

Last edited by tGreenWay on 2016-06-26, 11:13; edited 1 time in total
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next