Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread

+25
Herbie Green
The_Dude
Cameron
SpartanInNH
NigelUno
CORNER BLITZ
WhiteBoyHatcher
Giant Moose
Tim Wakefield
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
Code_Warrior
Heat Miser
AMwood
MiamiSpartan
DWags
Travis of the Cosmos
DoogieHouser
Robert J Sakimano
Blanch32
GRR Spartan
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
Rocinante
Triple Sparty
29 posters

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread

Post by Guest 2015-12-14, 18:47

Christopher Behnan ‏@LansingCB
MSU sells out Cotton Bowl allotment of 13,000 tickets http://on.lsj.com/1Ygc9fp via @LSJNews
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-12-14, 19:07

LooseGoose wrote:Christopher Behnan ‏@LansingCB
MSU sells out Cotton Bowl allotment of 13,000 tickets http://on.lsj.com/1Ygc9fp via @LSJNews

13,000 tickets... and how much is capacity at jerry word? "amateur athletics" Rolling Eyes
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-12-14, 21:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I think the main reason we all hate Saban is because he's won 4 national championships since he left MSU.

Had he fizzled out and been named the QB coach at Middle Tennessee State, I doubt our vitriol would exist.

I don't hate Saban for selling his soul and winning. I hate him for idiots like wavsParton who act like we were Pontiac pilot and killed jesus.

Now that we have dantonio it's come full circle and moot but man do I want to beat this dude....to me he's on par with Roy Williams and choaD K
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-14, 21:10

Blanch32 wrote: I hate him for idiots like wavsParton who act like we were Pontiac pilot and killed jesus.

The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 5 1966794946 The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 5 1966794946 The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 5 1966794946 This is an all timer. How much for the TShirt rights?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-12-14, 21:12

DoogieHouser wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't think a big percentage of our fanbase has a huge problem with Saban. I'm pretty indifferent towards him. I think there's a somewhat vocal minority who dislike him. Nick was never going to be a MSU lifer. That's cool.

My biggest issue with Saban is that he treated his players like dog shit off of the field.

He was tough on players AND coaches ON the field, but this is more common than the average fan thinks. College football is serious business, and few successful head coaches play pattycake.

Not true at all. He little told the players "you show up on Saturday i don't give a shit what you do the rest of the week" and litterally meant it. Part of that comes from Perles and part from the pros. But mostly bc Saban only gives a shit about saban and that's it
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-12-14, 21:14

LooseGoose wrote:
Blanch32 wrote: I hate him for idiots like wavsParton who act like we were Pontiac pilot and killed jesus.

The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 5 1966794946 The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 5 1966794946 The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 5 1966794946 This is an all timer. How much for the TShirt rights?

Dwags swill rod hat. Then I'll take a piss on it and post it on YouTube
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-12-14, 21:14

Jesus shouldn't have been jaywalking over water if he didn't want to get run over by a Pontiac pilot.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-14, 21:19

Wow. That's amazing. Gotta hand it to blanch, he has provided us with some outstanding material over the years.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2015-12-15, 03:12

I was born in '88, I barely remember Saban. Everything since him led us to Dantonio, so I'm indifferent at worst.

To people who say we wouldn't remember/ hate if he wasn't successful elsewhere, just remember that lots of people hate John L., and he never did jack shit anywhere else. Spartans hold grudges.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-12-15, 07:23

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't think a big percentage of our fanbase has a huge problem with Saban. I'm pretty indifferent towards him. I think there's a somewhat vocal minority who dislike him. Nick was never going to be a MSU lifer. That's cool.

My biggest issue with Saban is that he treated his players like dog shit off of the field.

I'm not over the fact he took off before a bowl game (THANKS, SABAN!), and it doesn't matter that we won the bowl game (best game Bobby Williams ever coached, and don't think the seniors weren't thinking about shoving it up Saban's ass).

I'm also not over his comments about how MSU would never be anything because we are in the same state as scUM. Excuse-making that fed right into their arrogance, and we put up with tons of shit over the years because of it.

Nope. Not over that fucker. Screw Saban.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-12-15, 07:28

Cameron wrote:To people who say we wouldn't remember/ hate if he wasn't successful elsewhere, just remember that lots of people hate John L., and he never did jack shit anywhere else. Spartans hold grudges.

What he said.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-15, 09:27

Comparing recruiting rankings of current Michigan State and Alabama players
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-12-15, 09:32

LooseGoose wrote:Comparing recruiting rankings of current Michigan State and Alabama players

Holy shit, we don't have a chance! The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 5 4198636888
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-12-15, 09:38

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Comparing recruiting rankings of current Michigan State and Alabama players

Holy shit, we don't have a chance!  The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 5 4198636888

Good thing we didn't have a chance against OSU.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-12-15, 09:39

Floyd Robertson wrote:
DWags wrote:

Holy shit, we don't have a chance!  The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 5 4198636888

Good thing we didn't have a chance against OSU.

Shit, we didn't? The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 5 4198636888
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-15, 09:42

I get more and more excited every day..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-12-15, 10:56

25 more players signed than us over the past 5 years

Think the last time we played them that number was closer to 37

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-15, 11:06

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

So you think Saban is slipping?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-12-15, 12:11

LooseGoose wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:

So you think Saban is slipping?
Probably has more to do with the SEC cracking down on the recruiting.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-12-15, 18:20

Cotton Bowl Classic@CottonBowlGame  1m1 minute ago    Arlington, TX  
#RollTideThe Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 5 RollTide and #SpartansThe Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 5 Spartans students will be rocking at AT&T Stadium on NYE thanks to @tacobell. #LiveMasFans
The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 5 CWTYRDoWcAIRMeA

If they pass out too many bean burritos there might be a natural disaster.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-12-15, 18:31

Floyd Robertson wrote:

If they pass out too many bean burritos there might be a natural disaster.

The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 5 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-12-16, 07:21

Updated depth chart, released for Cotton Bowl media gathering being held this morning.

MICHIGAN STATE DEPTH CHART (AS OF DEC. 16)
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-12-16, 07:25

Floyd Robertson wrote:Updated depth chart, released for Cotton Bowl media gathering being held this morning.

RJ is BACK!! Gonna help
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-12-16, 07:31

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Updated depth chart, released for Cotton Bowl media gathering being held this morning.

RJ is BACK!! Gonna help

Felton Davis is listed as #2 at X, I think moving ahead of Troup.

Looking at the chart there isn't any movement at F, but if I had one Christmas wish it would be DeAnthony Arnett scoring a touchdown in the Cotton Bowl (as long it doesn't involve Kings being sidelined with injury).
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-12-16, 07:45

Joe Rexrode@joerexrode 12m12 minutes ago
Hello from MSU Cotton Bowl media day. Riley Bullough says frosh LB Tyriq Thompson is emulating Derrick Henry in practice.

Interesting
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-12-16, 07:46

Brad Galli@BradGalli 4m4 minutes ago
Riley Bullough a popular man at Michigan State's Cotton Bowl media day.
The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 5 CWWQpKKW4AAsKPy
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-16, 12:57

The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 5 CWXRuWrUwAE8sel
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-12-16, 13:01

Floyd Robertson wrote:
DWags wrote:

RJ is BACK!! Gonna help

Looking at the chart there isn't any movement at F, but if I had one Christmas wish it would be DeAnthony Arnett scoring a touchdown in the Cotton Bowl (as long it doesn't involve Kings being sidelined with injury).

Jesus really? Arnett has had ample time to improve and he just hasn't. I'll be happy if he just occupies one defender all night.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-12-16, 14:02

Rocinante wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Jesus really? Arnett has had ample time to improve and he just hasn't.  I'll be happy if he just occupies one defender all night.
Yeah, why not. I just think it would be cool for him to have something to end his career on a high note, unless he catches a TD in the championship game.  Put a capper on the two TDs he had in the regular season.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-12-16, 14:08

The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 5 55953254
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-16, 14:09

Floyd Robertson wrote:Joe Rexrode@joerexrode  12m12 minutes ago  
Hello from MSU Cotton Bowl media day. Riley Bullough says frosh LB Tyriq Thompson is emulating Derrick Henry in practice.

Interesting
interesting?

that is very interesting.. some might even say intriguing..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-16, 15:34

Cotton Bowl Classic ‏@CottonBowlGame Dec 14 Irving, TX
Create a memory at the 80th Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic with @ExpApp! http://bit.ly/1Rl7iuk

The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 5 CWOgKYUUYAAXFJQ
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-12-16, 16:04

LooseGoose wrote:Cotton Bowl Classic ‏@CottonBowlGame  Dec 14 Irving, TX
Create a memory at the 80th Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic with @ExpApp! http://bit.ly/1Rl7iuk  

What's the VIP experience run you for this "amateur athletic" event? $2,000? 3 grand?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-16, 16:20

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Cotton Bowl Classic ‏@CottonBowlGame  Dec 14 Irving, TX

What's the VIP experience run you for this "amateur athletic" event? $2,000? 3 grand?

More info on VIP experience HERE.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-12-16, 20:12

I just get so sick of the Saban revisionist history. I was at that game in 97 at Northwestern when we were 5-0 - slapped Sedric Irvan's shoulder pads coming out of the tunnel when the whole team was bouncing up and down. Then Gardner's field goal was blocked. Drove two hours back to my friend's house in Chitown without anyone saying a word and then 4 more hours back to Lansing.
There was the 98 game against ND when we were up 42-3 at half and then we beat OSU. But we finished the season 6-6.
Then I remember being at my in-laws on Christmas and all I had was the Weedwacker bowl only to watch MSU get steameolled.
Then there was the time I was in Guatemala for the Sun Bowl. The whole day revolving around the big game I somehow got on tv only to see us steamrolled 38-0 by 6-5 Stanford.
Then there were the games like when Purdue beat us when down 11 points with 90 seconds to go.
I remember the pep rally in 99 in St Loius when the bball team was playing Kentucky for the final four. Saban was there and looked completely miserable like as bad as I would look at some lame corporate cocktail party.
Obviously Saban has proved himself as a great coach, but if Dwags or WavSpartan want to blow smoke up my ass about it I will challenge them to a fist fight
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-12-16, 20:31

Herbie Green wrote:I just get so sick of the Saban revisionist history. I was at that game in 97 at Northwestern when we were 5-0 - slapped Sedric Irvan's shoulder pads coming out of the tunnel when the whole team was bouncing up and down. Then Gardner's field goal was blocked. Drove two hours back to my friend's house in Chitown without anyone saying a word and then 4 more hours back to Lansing.
There was the 98 game against ND when we were up 42-3 at half and then we beat OSU. But we finished the season 6-6.
Then I remember being at my in-laws on Christmas and all I had was the Weedwacker bowl only to watch MSU get steameolled.
Then there was the time I was in Guatemala for the Sun Bowl. The whole day revolving around the big game I somehow got on tv only to see us steamrolled 38-0 by 6-5 Stanford.
Then there were the games like when Purdue beat us when down 11 points with 90 seconds to go.
I remember the pep rally in 99 in St Loius when the bball team was playing Kentucky for the final four. Saban was there and looked completely miserable like as bad as I would look at some lame corporate cocktail party.
Obviously Saban has proved himself as a great coach, but if Dwags or WavSpartan want to blow smoke up my ass about it I will challenge them to a fist fight

O.K.

Saban is a good coach. He was a good coach here. He didn't get what he wanted here. He knew what it would take then to get MSU to the championship. We weren't willing to do that then. We are now, it's great being a Spartan. Saban told Charlie Baggett and Bobby Williams if he didn't htink he could win here, he'd leave. He didn't. After 7 years in the desert it worked out for both parties. Saban "proved" himself at toledo, as an assistant as a DC he's proven himself as an innovator and forward thinking man in the grand scheme of football. I refuse to call him a bad coach, as so many MSU people are want to do. You can, I don't give a fuck.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-12-16, 20:34

This still feels surreal that we are actually in the CFP. I was confident it could happen but it's still so surreal.

Plus I just saw the logo we'll use if we win the Natty. So weird to see an MSU football national champions logo. This really could happen.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-12-16, 20:43

Giant Moose wrote:This still feels surreal that we are actually in the CFP. I was confident it could happen but it's still so surreal.

Plus I just saw the logo we'll use if we win the Natty. So weird to see an MSU football national champions logo. This really could happen.

Link that shit man
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-12-16, 20:44

DWags wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:I just get so sick of the Saban revisionist history. I was at that game in 97 at Northwestern when we were 5-0 - slapped Sedric Irvan's shoulder pads coming out of the tunnel when the whole team was bouncing up and down. Then Gardner's field goal was blocked. Drove two hours back to my friend's house in Chitown without anyone saying a word and then 4 more hours back to Lansing.

O.K.

Saban is a good coach. He was a good coach here. He didn't get what he wanted here. He knew what it would take then to get MSU to the championship. We weren't willing to do that then. We are now, it's great being a Spartan. Saban told Charlie Baggett and Bobby Williams if he didn't htink he could win here, he'd leave. He didn't. After 7 years in the desert it worked out for both parties. Saban "proved" himself at toledo, as an assistant as a DC he's proven himself as an innovator and forward thinking man in the grand scheme of football. I refuse to call him a bad coach, as so many MSU people are want to do. You can, I don't give a fuck.

You are right but you are wrong. I would like to punch you in the face but lets agree it is water under the bridge
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-16, 20:44

Giant Moose wrote:This still feels surreal that we are actually in the CFP. I was confident it could happen but it's still so surreal.

Don't you dare post that. Don't even look at it again.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next