Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread

+25
Herbie Green
The_Dude
Cameron
SpartanInNH
NigelUno
CORNER BLITZ
WhiteBoyHatcher
Giant Moose
Tim Wakefield
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
Code_Warrior
Heat Miser
AMwood
MiamiSpartan
DWags
Travis of the Cosmos
DoogieHouser
Robert J Sakimano
Blanch32
GRR Spartan
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
Rocinante
Triple Sparty
29 posters

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-12-16, 20:44

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:This still feels surreal that we are actually in the CFP. I was confident it could happen but it's still so surreal.

Plus I just saw the logo we'll use if we win the Natty. So weird to see an MSU football national champions logo. This really could happen.

Link that shit man

No way man, it'll jinx everything.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread

Post by Giant Moose 2015-12-16, 20:46

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:This still feels surreal that we are actually in the CFP. I was confident it could happen but it's still so surreal.

Plus I just saw the logo we'll use if we win the Natty. So weird to see an MSU football national champions logo. This really could happen.

Link that shit man
Nah, I feel like that would be bad karma.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-12-16, 20:52

Ps, I think we beat Bama. Like we are supposed to be scared of some running back. We shut down Elliott. Even if this guy is Earl Campbell it doesn't mean they win the game.
All I ever wanted in life was to make this playoff. We are going to measure up
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-12-16, 21:25

Floyd Robertson wrote:Brad Galli@BradGalli 4m4 minutes ago
Riley Bullough a popular man at Michigan State's Cotton Bowl media day.
The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 6 CWWQpKKW4AAsKPy

So who's Baldy Fat Fat?
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-16, 21:26

Wojo
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-12-16, 21:29

Rexrode actually doesn't look like a slob for once.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-12-16, 21:33

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Wojo

No way Wojo has that much hair. Or tries that hard to get a quote on tape.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-12-16, 21:34

Giant Moose wrote:Rexrode actually doesn't look like a slob for once.

He's smirking, though, like always. Tssshhhhh.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-12-16, 22:22

The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 6 1966794946

A DELICACY TO SOME: Wednesday was MSU’s Cotton Bowl media day, starting at 7:30 a.m. at Spartan Stadium, and that meant a variety of quirky stories. Junior tackle Jack Conklin told one of Zach Higgins, the former lineman who had to retire from football because of knee injuries and is now helping the team.

Conklin, Higgins and tackle Kodi Kieler were driving on campus one time when Higgins spotted a squirrel on the road, recently flattened.

“He yanks his truck over real quick, hops out of the car,” Conklin said. “Runs up to the squirrel ... picks it up, brings it back to the car, says, ‘It’s still warm.’ And he takes it home and cleans it and eats it that night.”

Conklin tried it, too, and said it was good.

“Kodi did not,” Conklin said. “Kodi was very traumatized.”

The best quotes from MSU's Cotton Bowl media day
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-12-16, 22:52

DWags wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:I just get so sick of the Saban revisionist history. I was at that game in 97 at Northwestern when we were 5-0 - slapped Sedric Irvan's shoulder pads coming out of the tunnel when the whole team was bouncing up and down. Then Gardner's field goal was blocked. Drove two hours back to my friend's house in Chitown without anyone saying a word and then 4 more hours back to Lansing.
There was the 98 game against ND when we were up 42-3 at half and then we beat OSU. But we finished the season 6-6.
Then I remember being at my in-laws on Christmas and all I had was the Weedwacker bowl only to watch MSU get steameolled.
Then there was the time I was in Guatemala for the Sun Bowl. The whole day revolving around the big game I somehow got on tv only to see us steamrolled 38-0 by 6-5 Stanford.
Then there were the games like when Purdue beat us when down 11 points with 90 seconds to go.
I remember the pep rally in 99 in St Loius when the bball team was playing Kentucky for the final four. Saban was there and looked completely miserable like as bad as I would look at some lame corporate cocktail party.
Obviously Saban has proved himself as a great coach, but if Dwags or WavSpartan want to blow smoke up my ass about it I will challenge them to a fist fight

O.K.

Saban is a good coach. He was a good coach here. He didn't get what he wanted here. He knew what it would take then to get MSU to the championship. We weren't willing to do that then. We are now, it's great being a Spartan. Saban told Charlie Baggett and Bobby Williams if he didn't htink he could win here, he'd leave. He didn't. After 7 years in the desert it worked out for both parties. Saban "proved" himself at toledo, as an assistant as a DC he's proven himself as an innovator and forward thinking man in the grand scheme of football. I refuse to call him a bad coach, as so many MSU people are want to do. You can, I don't give a fuck.

If he was such a great coach, why did his teams that had more all pro talent than this one finosh .500?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-17, 07:57

Herbie Green wrote:Ps, I think we beat Bama. Like we are supposed to be scared of some running back. We shut down Elliott. Even if this guy is Earl Campbell it doesn't mean they win the game.
All I ever wanted in life was to make this playoff. We are going to measure up
this.

we win by 3 TD's. Book it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DoogieHouser 2015-12-17, 08:03

Herbie Green wrote:I just get so sick of the Saban revisionist history. I was at that game in 97 at Northwestern when we were 5-0 - slapped Sedric Irvan's shoulder pads coming out of the tunnel when the whole team was bouncing up and down. Then Gardner's field goal was blocked. Drove two hours back to my friend's house in Chitown without anyone saying a word and then 4 more hours back to Lansing.
There was the 98 game against ND when we were up 42-3 at half and then we beat OSU. But we finished the season 6-6.
Then I remember being at my in-laws on Christmas and all I had was the Weedwacker bowl only to watch MSU get steameolled.
Then there was the time I was in Guatemala for the Sun Bowl. The whole day revolving around the big game I somehow got on tv only to see us steamrolled 38-0 by 6-5 Stanford.
Then there were the games like when Purdue beat us when down 11 points with 90 seconds to go.
I remember the pep rally in 99 in St Loius when the bball team was playing Kentucky for the final four. Saban was there and looked completely miserable like as bad as I would look at some lame corporate cocktail party.
Obviously Saban has proved himself as a great coach, but if Dwags or WavSpartan want to blow smoke up my ass about it I will challenge them to a fist fight.

.........................................................................................

Career Record: 20 Years, 194-60-1, .763 Pct.

I get sick of MSU fans that use anecdotal evidence to make the argument that Nick Saban is a bad coach, at MSU or anywhere else (the Miami Dolphin job included.) How can ANYONE argue that a coach with a 20 year 194-60-1 college record (.763 pct.) is a bad coach, mediocre coach, “bad coach at MSU” etc. Can ANYONE argue a coach with FOUR National Championships, is a bad coach?

Who gives a rip about your sad stories? Nick took over a bad program that George Perles had driven into the ground. George put Nick on probation. George was the one twisting teacher’s arms to get players eligible. Greg Croxton was making the rounds trying to convince MSU prof’s to give players better grades so they could stay eligible. Nick Saban came in and said ‘enough of this’, and advocated for an academic support center so that players could get the help they needed to pass classes and stay eligible. The “Smith Center” was built with the generous support of Steve Smith.

Challenging people to a “fist fight” over the Internet not only makes you a punk….you’re a coward.
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-12-17, 08:55

DoogieHouser wrote:Herbie Green wrote:I just get so sick of the Saban revisionist history. I was at that game in 97 at Northwestern when we were 5-0 - slapped Sedric Irvan's shoulder pads coming out of the tunnel when the whole team was bouncing up and down. Then Gardner's field goal was blocked. Drove two hours back to my friend's house in Chitown without anyone saying a word and then 4 more hours back to Lansing.
Obviously Saban has proved himself as a great coach, but if Dwags or WavSpartan want to blow smoke up my ass about it I will challenge them to a fist fight.

.........................................................................................

Career Record: 20 Years, 194-60-1, .763 Pct.

I get sick of MSU fans that use anecdotal evidence to make the argument that Nick Saban is a bad coach, at MSU or anywhere else (the Miami Dolphin job included.) How can ANYONE argue that a coach with a 20 year 194-60-1 college record (.763 pct.) is a bad coach, mediocre coach, “bad coach at MSU” etc. Can ANYONE argue a coach with FOUR National Championships, is a bad coach?

Who gives a rip about your sad stories? Nick took over a bad program that George Perles had driven into the ground. George put Nick on probation. George was the one twisting teacher’s arms to get players eligible. Greg Croxton was making the rounds trying to convince MSU prof’s to give players better grades so they could stay eligible. Nick Saban came in and said ‘enough of this’, and advocated for an academic support center so that players could get the help they needed to pass classes and stay eligible. The “Smith Center” was built with the generous support of Steve Smith.

Challenging people to a “fist fight” over the Internet not only makes you a punk….you’re a coward.

This is difficult to follow. We are going to need proper quotes/links to clarify what is going on.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-12-17, 09:02

Herbie Green wrote:
DWags wrote:

O.K.

Saban is a good coach. He was a good coach here. He didn't get what he wanted here. He knew what it would take then to get MSU to the championship. We weren't willing to do that then. We are now, it's great being a Spartan. Saban told Charlie Baggett and Bobby Williams if he didn't htink he could win here, he'd leave. He didn't. After 7 years in the desert it worked out for both parties. Saban "proved" himself at toledo, as an assistant as a DC he's proven himself as an innovator and forward thinking man in the grand scheme of football. I refuse to call him a bad coach, as so many MSU people are want to do. You can, I don't give a fuck.

You are right but you are wrong. I would like to punch you in the face but lets agree it is water under the bridge

Settle down.

All you ever wanted in life was to make the playoff (which just started last year)...you should be happy instead of being angry. Be happy.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-12-17, 09:51

Had a dream last night. Spartans 21, Bama 17. Henry stopped for a loss up the middle on 4th and 1 in the red zone with a minute left.The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 6 2599972566
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-17, 09:55

Heat Miser wrote:Had a dream last night. Spartans 21, Bama 17. Henry stopped for a loss up the middle on 4th and 1 in the red zone with a minute left.The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 6 2599972566
I had a dream last night that my backyard became overgrown with all of this wacky weather we've had in Michigan.. there was sort of a pond in the middle - which clearly isn't there - and I was afraid to walk out into it 'cause I don't really dig wildlife and I was sure I'd come out of there wearing a snake for a neck tie... it was kinda weird.

Of course, I woke up this morning to thankfully realize it was a dream.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-17, 10:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:Had a dream last night. Spartans 21, Bama 17. Henry stopped for a loss up the middle on 4th and 1 in the red zone with a minute left.The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 6 2599972566
I had a dream last night that my backyard became overgrown with all of this wacky weather we've had in Michigan.. there was sort of a pond in the middle - which clearly isn't there - and I was afraid to walk out into it 'cause I don't really dig wildlife and I was sure I'd come out of there wearing a snake for a neck tie... it was kinda weird.

Wait.... What? Bob. I had the exact same dream last night. Except I was the snake necktie. Shocked
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-12-17, 10:33

I had a dream that I was hiding in Bob's backyard behind his pond. He came out of his house wearing a snake necktie and quickly went back inside .I was confused so I walked up to Bob's deck and looked inside his sliding glass door.

As I was gazing into the depths of Bob's home, the snake necktie transformed into nedgo who was wearing his Sparty Libre costume. Then Bob started grabbing handfuls of cotton candy out of a rather large bowl and began sensually shoving it into nedgo's mouth.

At that point I woke up and screamed.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-17, 10:40

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I had a dream last night that my backyard became overgrown with all of this wacky weather we've had in Michigan.. there was sort of a pond in the middle - which clearly isn't there - and I was afraid to walk out into it 'cause I don't really dig wildlife and I was sure I'd come out of there wearing a snake for a neck tie... it was kinda weird.

Wait.... What? Bob. I had the exact same dream last night. Except I was the snake necktie. Shocked
#MindBlown
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-17, 10:41

Giant Moose wrote:I had a dream that I was hiding in Bob's backyard behind his pond. He came out of his house wearing a snake necktie and quickly went back inside .I was confused so I walked up to Bob's deck and looked inside his sliding glass door.

As I was gazing into the depths of Bob's home, the snake necktie transformed into nedgo who was wearing his Sparty Libre costume. Then Bob started grabbing handfuls of cotton candy out of a rather large bowl and began sensually shoving it into nedgo's mouth.

yeah, but I don't have a pond.. like, in real life. There was one in the dream - it was freaky.. not as freaky as nedgo, but freaky.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-12-17, 10:43

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:I had a dream that I was hiding in Bob's backyard behind his pond. He came out of his house wearing a snake necktie and quickly went back inside .I was confused so I walked up to Bob's deck and looked inside his sliding glass door.

yeah, but I don't have a pond.. like, in real life. There was one in the dream - it was freaky.. not as freaky as nedgo, but freaky.
But you admit you have a large bowl of cotton candy. Interesting. Maybe it wasn't a dream after all.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-17, 10:44

ARMED WITH CONFIDENCE: CONNOR COOK HAS HEARD ALL THE QUESTIONS, AND HE PLANS TO ANSWER IN THE COTTON BOWL

None of the other quarterbacks in this year's playoff can match the exquisite big-game credentials Cook has piled up in his career to date: Two Big Ten championship game wins, plus Rose and Cotton Bowl victories, among 34 overall triumphs as a starter. His team is well aware of this track record.

Last edited by LooseGoose on 2015-12-17, 10:47; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-17, 10:44

Giant Moose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:yeah, but I don't have a pond.. like, in real life. There was one in the dream - it was freaky.. not as freaky as nedgo, but freaky.
But you admit you have a large bowl of cotton candy. Interesting. Maybe it wasn't a dream after all.
just take my wife's dog the next time you're there, please.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-17, 10:44

LooseGoose wrote:ARMED WITH CONFIDENCE: CONNOR COOK HAS HEARD ALL THE QUESTIONS, AND HE PLANS TO ANSWER IN THE COTTON BOWL
I LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING WHAT THIS FINE YOUNG MAN HAS TO SAY
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-12-17, 11:12

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

You are right but you are wrong.  I would like to punch you in the face but lets agree it is water under the bridge

Settle down.

All you ever wanted in life was to make the playoff (which just started last year)...you should be happy instead of being angry.  Be happy.
Nah, he can't.  The suspension of Montez Sweat, with the coaching staff not coming out and giving full disclosure on the details, has left a black mark on this season.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-12-17, 11:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:ARMED WITH CONFIDENCE: CONNOR COOK HAS HEARD ALL THE QUESTIONS, AND HE PLANS TO ANSWER IN THE COTTON BOWL

The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 6 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-12-17, 11:29

MiamiSpartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Settle down.

All you ever wanted in life was to make the playoff (which just started last year)...you should be happy instead of being angry.  Be happy.
Nah, he can't.  The suspension of Montez Sweat, with the coaching staff not coming out and giving full disclosure on the details, has left a black mark on this season.

Was sweat ever reinstated?
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-17, 12:08

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Says no one about you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-12-17, 12:48

Ass Dan wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Was sweat ever reinstated?
I don't think so, which just increases the size of the dreaded black mark on this season. It's almost as bad as the Rose Bowl season at this point. The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 6 1550444538
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-12-17, 12:49

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING WHAT THIS FINE YOUNG MAN HAS TO SAY

Says no one about you.

Get it? Because he's old?
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-17, 13:16

Mike?

=========

Ten Craigs-a-Barking ‏@cdbarker 4m4 minutes ago
From a chips perspective, this is the party sized bag of Tostitos for Michigan State fans.

The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 6 CWcj1WsUEAEFVDl
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-12-17, 13:19

The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 6 3743666367_2cf84dcf45
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-12-17, 13:19

LooseGoose wrote:Mike?

=========

Ten Craigs-a-Barking ‏@cdbarker  4m4 minutes ago
From a chips perspective, this is the party sized bag of Tostitos for Michigan State fans.

The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 6 CWcj1WsUEAEFVDl

It's spelled D'Antoni dammit.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-17, 13:21

The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 6 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-17, 13:24

Michael Rosenberg ‏@Rosenberg_Mike
@JordanDoddie Our fault. We're re-printing. As you might imagine, I don't write or see covers before printing ... the story has it correct.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-12-17, 13:25

There is no SI jinx if they spell the name wrong. Poor Mike Dantonio, though. That guy is going to have a bad month.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-12-17, 13:26

SI need some proofreaders? The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 6 1837840279
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-12-17, 13:28

OTPT, you probably get paid more as a (former) Swill mod than a magazine proofreader earns.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-17, 13:33

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:SI need some proofreaders? The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 6 1837840279
how does it make you feel that the SI proofreaders are employed and you're not?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-12-17, 13:38

The Month long lead up to the Cotton Bowl Thread - Page 6 Search10
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next