Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good for the Sandy Hook families!

+14
Rocinante
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
CORNER BLITZ
Watch Out Pylon!
Death Roe
Snake Plissken
Herbie Green
The_Dude
kingstonlake
xsanguine
Vlad
18 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Good for the Sandy Hook families! - Page 4 Empty Re: Good for the Sandy Hook families!

Post by Guest 22/02/16, 02:01 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I stayed up much later than normal Saturday night.. by about 10:30, I had consumed an interesting combination of beverages: a shot of Jack, a Two Hearted, half a bottle of wine at dinner, a few Old Styles.. came home and decided that what the neighborhood really needed was a drum solo..

so... I went downstairs and rocked out on my 5 piece Pearl kit for about 20 minutes. It was sweet.

How does your neighborhood put up with a card like you?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Good for the Sandy Hook families! - Page 4 Empty Re: Good for the Sandy Hook families!

Post by xsanguine 22/02/16, 02:04 pm

Vlad wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Probably. For some reason I just started to value facts and statistics more than shrieking and emotional arguments. It's pretty stupid, I admit....

Yeah, I'm sure that's it.

Well so far you haven't contradicted the assessment I've portrayed, so....
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 22/02/16, 02:05 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I stayed up much later than normal Saturday night.. by about 10:30, I had consumed an interesting combination of beverages: a shot of Jack, a Two Hearted, half a bottle of wine at dinner, a few Old Styles.. came home and decided that what the neighborhood really needed was a drum solo..

so... I went downstairs and rocked out on my 5 piece Pearl kit for about 20 minutes. It was sweet.

They know Bob has a stash of firearms...they don't fuck with him.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 22/02/16, 02:17 pm

xsanguine wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure that's it.

Nor would I want to. Other peoples' "assessment portrayals" are why I come to message boards.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 22/02/16, 02:26 pm

Vlad wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Nor would I want to. Other peoples' "assessment portrayals" are why I come to message boards.

Fantastic! As long as you understand why your argument is flawed then we're good to go.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 22/02/16, 02:28 pm

xsanguine wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Fantastic! As long as you understand why your argument is flawed then we're good to go.

No need to keep going with him. He's already been owned in this thread, and is as ignorant as ever.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 22/02/16, 02:30 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

you'll have to check with them... I think my family has just kind of surrendered. I can't speak for the neighborhood.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 22/02/16, 02:39 pm

Death Roe wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

No need to keep going with him. He's already been owned in this thread, and is as ignorant as ever.

Fair enough. I never know when to quit.

If I were an All-American kick returner from the University of Alabama I would need assistance from the marching band and student section to indicate when to stop running, for example.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 22/02/16, 02:41 pm

xsanguine wrote:
Vlad wrote:

There's not argument really.  I'm just proud of the Sandy Hook families for taking this action, symbolic as it may be. Their politicians certainly don't have the spine to give them justice, so might as well try this.

They'll just have to wait this out. Social change has never come easy in this country (or anywhere else for that matter). But it will come, as it always does. And guns are a tough one because guns are so intertwined with the history of this country.  But then so was slavery. (was)
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 22/02/16, 02:52 pm

Vlad wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

They'll just have to wait this out. Social change has never come easy in this country (or anywhere else for that matter). But it will come, as it always does. And guns are a tough one because guns are so intertwined with the history of this country.  But then so was slavery. (was)

Freedom and liberty are also intertwined with the history, too. If we're making comparisons based on that... For some reason you chose slavery to compare, which is strange if all we're talking about is what is "intertwined with history". So I hope you're not making some equivalence between involuntary and violent enslavement of human beings and not being the target of violence based on what you choose to possess. Because that would be a logical fallacy of some sorts.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 22/02/16, 02:52 pm

Vlad wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

There's not argument really.  I'm just proud of the Sandy Hook families for taking this action, symbolic as it may be. Their politicians certainly don't have the spine to give them justice, so might as well try this.

Comparing gun ownership to slavery...you are kinda fucked up.

And what kind of 'justice' should the Sandy Hooks victims families receive? And from who? The perp is dead.

Should we sue Ford anytime someone drinks and drives using a Ford car and kills or hurts someone?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 22/02/16, 02:52 pm

xsanguine wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Freedom and liberty are also intertwined with the history, too. If we're making comparisons based on that... For some reason you chose slavery to compare, which is strange if all we're talking about is what is "intertwined with history". So I hope you're not making some equivalence between involuntary and violent enslavement of human beings and not being the target of violence based on what you choose to possess. Because that would be a logical fallacy of some sorts.

Welcome to the world of liberalism.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 22/02/16, 02:54 pm

The_Dude wrote:
Vlad wrote:

And what kind of 'justice' should the Sandy Hooks victims families receive? And from who? The perp is dead.

Should we sue Ford anytime someone drinks and drives using a Ford car and kills or hurts someone?

Dude, I am completely serious when I say this...

I cannot believe you and I are agreeing on something. This is a major step forward.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 22/02/16, 02:59 pm

xsanguine wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Yes, at gun point. It's the best kind of freedom and liberty.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 22/02/16, 03:00 pm

Vlad wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Who is forcing you to possess a firearm?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 22/02/16, 03:03 pm

The_Dude wrote:
Vlad wrote:

There's no direct comparison. Slavery is the shame of our nation, and guns are only a developing shame of our nation. I'm just including both under the heading of social change, inclusive of civil rights, LGBT rights...and just the basic right to send our kids to school without fear.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 22/02/16, 03:03 pm

The_Dude wrote:
Vlad wrote:

I don't think he was really comparing gun ownership to slavery. Not in the sense you mean it at least. He was saying they are both social issues. Not saying they are the same thing by any means.

Regardless, you kids have fun running in the circle you're running in. I'm sure you'll have fun.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 22/02/16, 03:04 pm

xsanguine wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Nobody. I'm talking about history man.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 22/02/16, 03:04 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

I don't think he was really comparing gun ownership to slavery. Not in the sense you mean it at least. He was saying they are both social issues. Not saying they are the same thing by any means.

Regardless, you kids have fun running in the circle you're running in. I'm sure you'll have fun.

Thank you. Glad someone can read.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 22/02/16, 03:06 pm

Vlad wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

There's no direct comparison. Slavery is the shame of our nation, and guns are only a developing shame of our nation. I'm just including both under the heading of social change, inclusive of civil rights, LGBT rights...and just the basic right to send our kids to school without fear.

All of those things you mentioned are regarding giving people the right to do the same things as every one else instead of having government laws meant to impede their progress.

Gun control is the opposite... It is prohibition through violence. It is the removal of freedoms, not the addition. "Social change" can mean anything....."Social change" can mean going back to enslaving individuals if that's the way society goes.

You're still comparing apples and oranges, Vlad.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 22/02/16, 03:06 pm

Vlad wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Nobody. I'm talking about history man.

So you are suggesting more violence at gun point is what we need to implement in order to keep people from possession of things deemed too dangerous?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 22/02/16, 03:08 pm

xsanguine wrote:
Vlad wrote:

All of those things you mentioned are regarding giving people the right to do the same things as every one else instead of having government laws meant to impede their progress.

Gun control is the opposite... It is prohibition through violence. It is the removal of freedoms, not the addition. "Social change" can mean anything....."Social change" can mean going back to enslaving individuals if that's the way society goes.

You're viewing this issue as having something taken away from you, and I'm viewing it as having something more basic taken away from the rest of us.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 22/02/16, 03:09 pm

Like narcotics, for example?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 22/02/16, 03:09 pm

xsanguine wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Its an addition of a freedom if you consider going out to eat at Cracker Barrel without having to fear being randomly shot, a freedom.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 22/02/16, 03:10 pm

Vlad wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

You're viewing this issue as having something taken away from you, and I'm viewing it as having something more basic taken away from the rest of us.

What has been forcibly taken away from you by allowing people to possess firearms, Vlad?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 22/02/16, 03:11 pm

I'm still waiting on the colored boy from Kenya to come for my guns and bibles... they've told me it's happening.

they didn't lie about it to advance their political agenda....{gulp}... did they??
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 22/02/16, 03:11 pm

Rocinante wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Its an addition of a freedom if you consider going out to eat at Cracker Barrel without having to fear being randomly shot, a freedom.

I do. So how does prohibiting someone else from owning a firearm enhance that freedom?

Does this also include knives, vehicles, etc? Because if we're going down that road... I want the freedom to not be killed by another person... We should start with things that kill more people than guns do.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 22/02/16, 03:12 pm

Rocinante wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

They have a different solution for that - "If everyone at Cracker Barrel had a gun, this wouldn't have happened."

So basically they'd like to take us back to the Wild West, because there was so little violence back then.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 22/02/16, 03:13 pm

xsanguine wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I do. So how does prohibiting someone else from owning a firearm enhance that freedom?

Does this also include knives, vehicles, etc? Because if we're going down that road... I want the freedom to not be killed by another person... We should start with things that kill more people than guns do.

Who has suggested prohibition on owning a firearm? I myself am open to owning a firearm at some point. Not likely, but am open to it.

You're really mixed up here, reading things that haven't been written.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 22/02/16, 03:15 pm

Vlad wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Who has suggested prohibition on owning a firearm?

You did. Unless you're referring to something else not having to do with limiting access to firearms?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 22/02/16, 03:16 pm

Vlad wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

They have a different solution for that - "If everyone at Cracker Barrel had a gun, this wouldn't have happened."

So basically they'd like to take us back to the Wild West, because there was so little violence back then.

Ugh..... Vlad, you really do need to read up on your history.

The "Wild West" didn't exist. That's a Hollywood thing.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 22/02/16, 03:16 pm

Vlad wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I certainly have. For certain segments of the population. Namely, people identified by mental health professionals to have the potential to be a danger to themselves or others.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 22/02/16, 03:17 pm

I often wonder if the patriotic gun enthusiasts would be so flippant about murder if it happened to their family....Good for the Sandy Hook families! - Page 4 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 22/02/16, 03:18 pm

xsanguine wrote:
Vlad wrote:

What has been forcibly taken away from you by allowing people to possess firearms, Vlad?

The freedom of sending my kids to school without worrying about some crazy gun fuck grabbing his daddy's AR-15 and blowing away my kids. Nothing major, just that basic freedom.

(My kids' HS was on lock-down a couple of year ago because a kid brought a gun to school. Don't need that shit.)
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 22/02/16, 03:19 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I often wonder if the patriotic gun enthusiasts would be so flippant about murder if it happened to their family....Good for the Sandy Hook families! - Page 4 2599972566

They don't have to worry about it, because they have guns.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 22/02/16, 03:19 pm

Ugh.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 22/02/16, 03:21 pm

Vlad wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I often wonder if the patriotic gun enthusiasts would be so flippant about murder if it happened to their family....Good for the Sandy Hook families! - Page 4 2599972566

oh, that's right.

it's only people like me.. who are rational, calm and content that have to worry about getting murdered.

sorry - not sure what I was thinking.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 22/02/16, 03:22 pm

Rocinante wrote:
Vlad wrote:

I certainly have. For certain segments of the population. Namely, people identified by mental health professionals to have the potential to be a danger to themselves or others.

I'm down for that. I don't think it will make much of a difference but it's certainly something that would be done which would make a lot of people feel better.

The problem is, after the next killing and the next... It'll be something else.

There isn't any magic law that is going to work. This road will continue and continue until it comes to blanket prohibition like Europe.

But sure, prohibit "mentally ill" from legally purchasing a firearm. Why not.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 22/02/16, 03:22 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Vlad wrote:

oh, that's right.

it's only people like me.. who are rational, calm and content that have to worry about getting murdered.

sorry - not sure what I was thinking.

That's right Bob. Arm yourself if you want to live in peace.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 22/02/16, 03:24 pm

Rocinante wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Agree. I was addressing the base case, not the exceptions.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next