Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good for the Sandy Hook families!

+14
Rocinante
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
CORNER BLITZ
Watch Out Pylon!
Death Roe
Snake Plissken
Herbie Green
The_Dude
kingstonlake
xsanguine
Vlad
18 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Good for the Sandy Hook families! - Page 5 Empty Re: Good for the Sandy Hook families!

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-22, 15:24

Vlad wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:oh, that's right.

it's only people like me.. who are rational, calm and content that have to worry about getting murdered.

sorry - not sure what I was thinking.

That's right Bob. Arm yourself if you want to live in peace.
it is kind of odd how the folks who claim to enjoy freedom, peace, etc. seem to be the most paranoid, hate-filled people around.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Good for the Sandy Hook families! - Page 5 Empty Re: Good for the Sandy Hook families!

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-22, 15:25

Vlad wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

What has been forcibly taken away from you by allowing people to possess firearms, Vlad?

The freedom of sending my kids to school without worrying about some crazy gun fuck grabbing his daddy's AR-15 and blowing away my kids. Nothing major, just that basic freedom.

(My kids' HS was on lock-down a couple of year ago because a kid brought a gun to school. Don't need that shit.)

That's a feeling, not a freedom. There is no "freedom" from bad things happening, Vlad.

We die in car crashes at a far higher rate and we die from cancer. You don't get freedom from bad things happening to you.

You do have the freedom to defend yourself against the inevitable happening.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-22, 15:29

xsanguine wrote:
Vlad wrote:

The freedom of sending my kids to school without worrying about some crazy gun fuck grabbing his daddy's AR-15 and blowing away my kids. Nothing major, just that basic freedom.

(My kids' HS was on lock-down a couple of year ago because a kid brought a gun to school. Don't need that shit.)

That's a feeling, not a freedom. There is no "freedom" from bad things happening, Vlad.

We die in car crashes at a far higher rate and we die from cancer. You don't get freedom from bad things happening to you.

you talked me into it..

I'm going straight from work to buy some guns, a truck.. maybe grow a goatee.. shave my head.

FREEDOM!!!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-22, 15:31

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

you talked me into it..

I'm going straight from work to buy some guns, a truck.. maybe grow a goatee.. shave my head.

FREEDOM!!!

Please do not grow a goatee, Bob. That would be unbecoming of you.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-02-22, 15:32

xsanguine wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I certainly have. For certain segments of the population. Namely, people identified by mental health professionals to have the potential to be a danger to themselves or others.

I'm down for that. I don't think it will make much of a difference but it's certainly something that would be done which would make a lot of people feel better.

The problem is, after the next killing and the next... It'll be something else.

There isn't any magic law that is going to work. This road will continue and continue until it comes to blanket prohibition like Europe.

But sure, prohibit "mentally ill" from legally purchasing a firearm. Why not.

Holy Crap. We agreed on Something.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-22, 15:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

you talked me into it..

FREEDOM!!!

Can I take you on a date to an rcmb tailgate?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-02-22, 15:34

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:you talked me into it..

FREEDOM!!!

Damn it's good to see someone finally respond to Bob, he so badly wants to be relevant in this conversation. It was kinda sad watching him try to insert himself.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-22, 15:34

LooseGoose wrote:

Damn it's good to see someone finally respond to Bob, he so badly wants to be relevant in this conversation.   It was kinda sad watching him try to insert himself.

Xsang did first goose. Try to keep up.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-22, 15:36

Rocinante wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I'm down for that. I don't think it will make much of a difference but it's certainly something that would be done which would make a lot of people feel better.

There isn't any magic law that is going to work. This road will continue and continue until it comes to blanket prohibition like Europe.

I have some fears, though. How do we determine "mentally ill"? Because you have anxiety and take Xanax?

I just haven't seen any specifics on how we determine this or how it would be determined.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-22, 15:36

xsanguine wrote:

FREEDOM!!!

Please do not grow a goatee, Bob. That would be unbecoming of you.
it's too late, man.. my mind is made up.

I'm also gonna get my daughter (sorry For bin) one of those pink rifles. She won't say it but I think she secretly admires Sarah Palin.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-02-22, 15:37

xsanguine wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I certainly have. For certain segments of the population. Namely, people identified by mental health professionals to have the potential to be a danger to themselves or others.

Define "mentally ill", diagnosed paranoid Schizophrenia, a prescription for Prozac?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-22, 15:37

FREEDOM!!!

sounds good, man..

I have until football season to put on 60 lbs.. should be enough time.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-02-22, 15:37

xsanguine wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I have some fears, though. How do we determine "mentally ill"? Because you have anxiety and take Xanax?

I just haven't seen any specifics on how we determine this or how it would be determined.

I have a 5 point plan. It includes checks and balances and the ability to appeal a diagnosis. It also includes a way to get off the list once you are on it. Like when you get "better". It's part of my platform so I don't want to reveal too much.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-22, 15:37

LooseGoose wrote:

Damn it's good to see someone finally respond to Bob, he so badly wants to be relevant in this conversation. It was kinda sad watching him try to insert himself.
bump..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-22, 15:40

Vlad wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

What has been forcibly taken away from you by allowing people to possess firearms, Vlad?

The chances of your kid being killed in school is roughly 1 in 2.5 million.

You can live your life in fear of that if you want.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-22, 15:41

The_Dude wrote:
Vlad wrote:

what's my chances of being killed by a Syrian refugee?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-22, 15:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Vlad wrote:

That's right Bob. Arm yourself if you want to live in peace.
it is kind of odd how the folks who claim to enjoy freedom, peace, etc. seem to be the most paranoid, hate-filled people around.

Seems like the gun grabbers tend to be the most paranoid...ya know? They tend to live in fear and paranoia that a guy with a gun is going to shoot them up. You can live your life in fear and paranoia..I choose not to.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-22, 15:42

Rocinante wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I have a 5 point plan. It includes checks and balances and the ability to appeal a diagnosis. It also includes a way to get off the list once you are on it. Like when you get "better". It's part of my platform so I don't want to reveal too much.

Hah, fair enough.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-02-22, 15:43

The_Dude wrote:
Vlad wrote:

The odds of becoming a lightning victim in the U.S. in any one year is 1 in 700,000. The odds of being struck in your lifetime is 1 in 3,000.

Ban lightning!
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-02-22, 15:43

I.B. Fine wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

The odds of becoming a lightning victim in the U.S. in any one year is 1 in 700,000. The odds of being struck in your lifetime is 1 in 3,000.

Ban lightning!

Ban Cancer!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-22, 15:45

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

what's my chances of being killed by a Syrian refugee?

I don't know. Does the FBI have crime statistics for Syrians refugees? Too lazy to look it up.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-22, 15:45

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:it is kind of odd how the folks who claim to enjoy freedom, peace, etc. seem to be the most paranoid, hate-filled people around.

Seems like the gun grabbers tend to be the most paranoid...ya know? They tend to live in fear and paranoia that a guy with a gun is going to shoot them up. You can live your life in fear and paranoia..I choose not to.
that's a good point.

I'm so paranoid and afraid that I choose to leave my house unarmed.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-22, 15:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

that's a good point.

Vlad says he's nervous anytime his kids go to school.

Personally..I'm nervous around brown people..ya know?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-02-22, 15:47

Rocinante wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

Ban lightning!

Ban Cancer!
I'm all for that. Maybe we can shoot it!
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-22, 15:48

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:what's my chances of being killed by a Syrian refugee?

I don't know. Does the FBI have crime statistics for Syrians refugees? Too lazy to look it up.

clearly our children have a higher chance of being killed by a Syrian refugee, right? Or else your presidential candidate wouldn't want to ban them from America.

unless, of course, you're just a bigot.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-02-22, 15:48

I.B. Fine wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Ban Cancer!
I'm all for that. Maybe we can shoot it!

Shoot all the cars! They cause accidents!!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-22, 15:48

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:that's a good point.

Vlad says he's nervous anytime his kids go to school.

I can tell.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-22, 15:48

xsanguine wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Well, if the left had their way...they'd appoint lifelong know nothing bureaucrats to make those decisions for everyone.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-22, 15:49

you know republicans are losing the argument when they liken a person deliberately murdering US citizens to someone getting struck by lighting or dying in a car accident.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-02-22, 15:51

The_Dude wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Well, if the left had their way...they'd appoint lifelong know nothing bureaucrats to make those decisions for everyone.

Except... y'know...

Good for the Sandy Hook families! - Page 5 Publicsept2014
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-22, 15:55

The_Dude wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

The 2nd amendment has already wiped the ass of every statist authoritarian. Next up is the 1st amendment... And my former colleagues on the left have just started that fight within the last 5 years.

Trigger warnings, micro aggressions, etc is just the start. Maybe the next justice will surprise us but I doubt it.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-22, 16:03

Vlad is right in this sense. The hard work and lives lost in the 18th century to create what we have is being dismantled piece by piece. Which is why people view this "mental health" thing with suspcicion because we know what that leads to. It will be an eventual prohibition on firearms except for military and police.

The fight against the 1st amendment has just started but we'll go the way of more authoritarian countries there, also.

It was an interesting experiment but unfortunately this is how a democracy or in our case a representative democracy turns out; Tyranny of the majority.

If there's 3 people in a room and one of them is Bill Gates... And they vote 2-1 to take Bill Gates money, that's what we have. It's majority authoritarianism; Majoritarian.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-22, 16:11

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

clearly our children have a higher chance of being killed by a Syrian refugee, right? Or else your presidential candidate wouldn't want to ban them from America.

unless, of course, you're just a bigot.

Doesn't seen that simple. We should control and know who's coming into our country. Government can't control Americans being born in America right?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-02-22, 16:41

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:that's a good point.

We all know this. Ya know, it's almost refreshing that you don't even try to hide the fact that you are a racist.

( waiting for you to respond you have a black friend )
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-22, 16:52

duffy munn wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

We all know this. Ya know, it's almost refreshing that you don't even try to hide the fact that you are a racist.

Being nervous around brown people is not "racist". It's certainly prejudiced... But let's not start applying words with a far vitriolic meaning to things they don't represent.

Racist would be he feels nervous around brown people because he feels they an inferior people because of their race.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-22, 16:54

duffy munn wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Good for the Sandy Hook families! - Page 5 Hook
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-02-22, 17:14

duffy munn wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Desmond Howard.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-22, 17:19

I will say one thing...its great to have a place where Spartans can discuss freely and without censorship whatever is on their mind. cheers

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-02-22, 17:25

xsanguine wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Being nervous around brown people is not "racist". It's certainly prejudiced... But let's not start applying words with a far vitriolic meaning to things they don't represent.

Racist would be he feels nervous around brown people because he feels they an inferior peoplebecause of their race.

Or superior people, as in my case.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-22, 17:30

Vlad wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Racist would be he feels nervous around brown people because he feels they an inferior peoplebecause of their race.

Or superior people, as in my case.

You're nervous around brown people because you feel they are superior to you?

I guess that would still fit within the definition, I guess. The word racism typically refers to the feeling that a people are inferior to you based on their race.... But there's been a huge push to change that definition to mean certain things to fit an agenda.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next