Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good for the Sandy Hook families!

+14
Rocinante
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
CORNER BLITZ
Watch Out Pylon!
Death Roe
Snake Plissken
Herbie Green
The_Dude
kingstonlake
xsanguine
Vlad
18 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Good for the Sandy Hook families! - Page 2 Empty Re: Good for the Sandy Hook families!

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-21, 22:57

Vlad wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I want to know the chances of both so that I know how to respond to your question.

What are the chances of a hot wife killing 20 elementary school children and then what are the chances an AR-15 will kill 20 elementary school children?

I already said you won dude! There is no way in hell that rapidfire weapons could be used to kill innocent people in crowded places. Not in this country. Not in this day and age. Nope.

You've made your point already.

That's not what you asked me nor is it what I asked you.

What are the chances of both happening?

I know why you refuse to answer... you were game to go back and forth up until this point. But I'd love for you to humor me and answer the question you asked me and then the question I posed to you.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Good for the Sandy Hook families! - Page 2 Empty Re: Good for the Sandy Hook families!

Post by Vlad 2016-02-21, 22:58

Death Roe wrote:That's honestly why most people buy it. I have sold a few hundred of them over the years.

So you make money off sad little people who buy fancy weapons to shoot them in a shooting range. Good for you. There are plenty of suckers with money out there, and you're profiting off of them. Good for you man! Seriously.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-02-21, 23:00

xsanguine wrote:
Vlad wrote:

I already said you won dude!  There is no way in hell that rapidfire weapons could be used to kill innocent people in crowded places.  Not in this country. Not in this day and age. Nope.

You've made your point already.

I know why you refuse to answer... you were game to go back and forth up until this point. But I'd love for you to humor me and answer the question you asked me and then the question I posed to you.

I don't even know where you're going with this, but I admit defeat. Your intellect is no match for me.

BTW, are you one of those sad little people who buys rapidfire weapons only to use them in a shooting range and nowhere else?
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-02-21, 23:07

Vlad wrote:
Death Roe wrote:That's honestly why most people buy it. I have sold a few hundred of them over the years.

So you make money off sad little people who buy fancy weapons to shoot them in a shooting range. Good for you. There are plenty of suckers with money out there, and you're profiting off of them. Good for you man! Seriously.

Uh, not really. Wrong again. The store I worked for, the guns were sold at prices dictated by the manufacturer. The stores that sell guns in retail hardly make ANY money off the gun itself. They rely on people that want to buy ammo, holster, cases, etc. The most that a retail store makes off of a gun is about $1-5.

Again, I said I WORKED there. Past tense, dude. But it's okay, I'm not really taking your opinion on this seriously. I don't personally have an FFL, but I know enough to deal with the crazy people like you out there.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-21, 23:07

Vlad wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I don't even know where you're going with this, but I admit defeat. Your intellect is no match for me.

BTW, are you one of those sad little people who buys rapidfire weapons only to use them in a shooting range and nowhere else?

Nah, I've never owned a firearm. :(

I've considered it. Wouldn't be a bad thing to have in your home should even a local incident occur where you're on your own. But they're a little expensive so I'm thinking something a little more along the lines of a handgun or rifle.

After speaking with some more experienced gun owners in my family (uncles) I'm probably going to take their advice and join the local gun/shooting club that's near my house and wait to buy one until I know exactly what I want in a firearm after shooting several different kinds. If that's how it works, I dunno... maybe you have to buy one before going, I haven't actually gotten to apply yet but that seems to be the consensus.

Were you actually interested or were you just trying to find a way to insult me (which fell flat)?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-02-21, 23:09

xsanguine wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Nah, I've never owned a firearm. :(

I've considered it. Wouldn't be a bad thing to have in your home should even a local incident occur where you're on your own. But they're a little expensive so I'm thinking something a little more along the lines of a handgun or rifle.

After speaking with some more experienced gun owners in my family (uncles) I'm probably going to take their advice and join the local gun/shooting club that's near my house and wait to buy one until I know exactly what I want in a firearm after shooting several different kinds. If that's how it works, I dunno... maybe you have to buy one before going, I haven't actually gotten to apply yet but that seems to be the consensus.

Were you actually interested or were you just trying to find a way to insult me (which fell flat)?

Vlad resorts to constant insults and ignorance when his point is defeated. Which is quite often.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-21, 23:10

At least he admitted his defeat. I have to respect that. That's a very honorable thing to do, in all honesty.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-21, 23:11

xsanguine wrote:
Vlad wrote:

That's it?? That's the reason they want to buy such weapons, so they can "mess around" at a shooting range? That's lamer than even I imagined. That's actually pretty pathetic.

So there isn't going to be any big bang-bang, pow-wow stuff with Obama? This is all about blowing off steam at your local shooting range? What a waste of a perfectly good killing machine!

They also come in handy should the government ever decide to commit tyranny against the citizenry. Which is the original intent of the 2nd amendment and also a plausible possibility if you've taken even a casual interest in the history of governments.

I'm not a big Constitutionalist, I'm against the initiation of violence through and through. But it's important to point out.

Issue 1)

We need guns to protect ourselves against a tyrannical government

Issue 2)

Let's spend billions upon billions more dollars than the already astronomical amounts we spend building up the military even further.

Sorry, trying to reconcile those two points together. Though, I'm smart enough to know that anyone that adheres to either parties platforms strictly is going to be someone that is dripping of hypocrisy so badly that anyone within 20 feet needs a shower.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-21, 23:16

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

They also come in handy should the government ever decide to commit tyranny against the citizenry. Which is the original intent of the 2nd amendment and also a plausible possibility if you've taken even a casual interest in the history of governments.

I'm not a big Constitutionalist, I'm against the initiation of violence through and through. But it's important to point out.

Issue 1)

Issue 2)

Let's spend billions upon billions more dollars than the already astronomical amounts we spend building up the military even further.

Sorry, trying to reconcile those two points together. Though, I'm smart enough to know that anyone that adheres to either parties platforms strictly is going to be someone that is dripping of hypocrisy so badly that anyone within 20 feet needs a shower.

Issue 2 rests strictly with the government. I've talked about that issue ad nauseam.

Unless you're suggesting I support issue 2?

I guess I should ask for clarification before making my usual mistake of trying to answer beforehand.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-21, 23:19

xsanguine wrote:

Issue 1)

Issue 2)

Issue 2 rests strictly with the government. I've talked about that issue ad nauseam.

I guess I should ask for clarification before making my usual mistake of trying to answer beforehand.

I'm not talking about you. You're a special thing. I'm just talking about the general republican platform and it's hypocrisy. Not that that's that much different from the democrats.

I guess what I mean is that most of the people who claim that they need a gun in case the government goes all whacko on them isn't actually that concerned about the government going whacko on them. It's just a convenient excuse.

Edit- since they actively campaign on a platform to spend more money on the military, thereby making it easier for the government to go all whacko on them. Just in case that point wasn't clear.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-21, 23:23

xsanguine wrote:

I'm not talking about you. You're a special thing. I'm just talking about the general republican platform and it's hypocrisy. Not that that's that much different from the democrats.

I guess what I mean is that most of the people who claim that they need a gun in case the government goes all whacko on them isn't actually that concerned about the government going whacko on them. It's just a convenient excuse.

That makes sense. That may be true... but convenient excuse or not I don't think proposing that reason should invalidate their position. It's a very small chance, but it is always possible and many would argue inevitable.

I would be more concerned about a breakdown of society and in the immediate aftermath needing it to defend against vandals/gangs like we saw in New Orleans or Los Angeles.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-21, 23:28

xsanguine wrote:

Edit- since they actively campaign on a platform to spend more money on the military, thereby making it easier for the government to go all whacko on them. Just in case that point wasn't clear.

Just say the edit. Yeah, I understand better. I agree. Military spending should be slashed at a rate I'm not informed enough to speculate on but I just from the little I know (specifically with regards to offensive wars) I would venture to guess we could decrease our military spending by a considerable amount and still be nearly as secure. Maybe more so.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-21, 23:33

xsanguine wrote:

Just say the edit. Yeah, I understand better. I agree. Military spending should be slashed at a rate I'm not informed enough to speculate on but I just from the little I know (specifically with regards to offensive wars) I would venture to guess we could decrease our military spending by a considerable amount and still be nearly as secure. Maybe more so.

Yeah, I guess it just doesn't make sense to me for someone to say o one hand that they neeeeeed guns to protect themselves from the government the on the other hand say that they need to shovel billions of dollars at the military. End of the day is that the truth is that the tyrannical government excuse is total bullshit. For most. Not all. Most though. These are the people that would probably support the military taking over their streets over some paranoid fear that doesn't really exist.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2016-02-21, 23:35

xsanguine wrote:

Good for the Sandy Hook families! - Page 2 0053_defense-comparison-crop

Good for the Sandy Hook families! - Page 2 Defense_Spending_by_Country_2010
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-02-21, 23:39

I like Travis' and Pylons points.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-21, 23:40

xsanguine wrote:

Yeah, I guess it just doesn't make sense to me for someone to say o one hand that they neeeeeed guns to protect themselves from the government the on the other hand say that they need to shovel billions of dollars at the military. End of the day is that the truth is that the tyrannical government excuse is total bullshit. For most. Not all. Most though. These are the people that would probably support the military taking over their streets over some paranoid fear that doesn't really exist.

Politics is the business of fear.

Whether their excuse is bullshit or not, I don't see a reason to restrict their ability to do so or not based on the perception their reason is an excuse or their possible support for another cause. It may be hypocritical and I agree that it is... but their right to self defense shouldn't be messed with because they're a hypocrite.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-02-21, 23:42

xsanguine wrote:

Agree. Trusting your government with military spending, fight all foreign threats etc., but then not trusting them when it comes to invading your own homes… Those two thoughts just don't reconcile. Which means the government tyranny line is bullshit.

And that leaves tough little men in shooting ranges. Pretty sad.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-21, 23:44

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Good for the Sandy Hook families! - Page 2 0053_defense-comparison-crop

Good for the Sandy Hook families! - Page 2 Defense_Spending_by_Country_2010

Exactly. And a lot of that is we subsidize the world's security in a number of ways. We pick up the check for things like securing shipping lanes, etc.

I don't think we should be picking up that shit at all but if we're going to let it just be for our country's ships. Stay #1 by a fraction of an amount and call it a day.

But I won't pretend to know what that budget goes to. Despite that I would think not jumping into wars or maintaining wars would be a huge savings just in and of itself.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-21, 23:45

Vlad wrote:

Agree. Trusting your government with military spending, fight all foreign threats etc., but then not trusting them when it comes to invading your own homes… Those two thoughts just don't reconcile. Which means the government tyranny line is bullshit.

And that leaves tough little men in shooting ranges. Pretty sad.

Trusting your government to manage anything is a mistake.

Last edited by xsanguine on 2016-02-22, 03:31; edited 1 time in total
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-22, 00:26

xsanguine wrote:

I got curious thinking this over... if the government tyranny claim is just an excuse to hide their true desires... what are those desires?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-22, 00:53

xsanguine wrote:

I got curious thinking this over... if the government tyranny claim is just an excuse to hide their true desires... what are those desires?

To have guns.

Edit- note. I don't feel like we're talking about super geniuses here.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-22, 01:20

xsanguine wrote:

To have guns.

Is that wrong, though? I mean, there has to be some reason they want to have guns. If it's not to have guns out of a fear of government tyranny like some state but it is to have guns... what is the other reason they want to have guns?

I see it kind of like with the medical marijuana thing. There's a lot of people pushing the medicinal benefits of marijuana simply so they can smoke marijuana. There are certainly people who benefit, medically, from the gift of cannabis... but I'd venture to guess most people just want to smoke weed. And that's fine, they should be allowed to do that it's just that was the only way they could get people to listen and get them on their side in order to get there. I'm fine with that.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-22, 07:16

xsanguine wrote:

To have guns.

Is that wrong, though? I mean, there has to be some reason they want to have guns. If it's not to have guns out of a fear of government tyranny like some state but it is to have guns... what is the other reason they want to have guns?

I see it kind of like with the medical marijuana thing. There's a lot of people pushing the medicinal benefits of marijuana simply so they can smoke marijuana. There are certainly people who benefit, medically, from the gift of cannabis... but I'd venture to guess most people just want to smoke weed. And that's fine, they should be allowed to do that it's just that was the only way they could get people to listen and get them on their side in order to get there. I'm fine with that.

Mostly so that it can sit there, collecting dust because it gives them a hightened sense of security in their lives. A better question is probably what they think the threat is that is constantly threatening that security? Most of them probably just watch too much news or crime dramas and think that there are constantly bogeymen trying to get to them
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-22, 08:21

Are we having a gun discussion without people yelling and screaming? I applaud you both, even if Travis is Satan's butthole.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-22, 09:25

I've said it before and I'll say it again..

good for these Sandy Hook parents.. but I knew our world is in trouble beyond repair once the NRA and politicians decided that slaughtering a classroom full of 6-7 year old children was acceptable.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-02-22, 09:46

So far, these have been mentioned as possible reasons to own rapid-fire guns:
1. Obama is comin' to get 'em.
2. Family gun-fun day at the local shooting range.
3. Because rapid-fire guns pose no greater danger than having a hot wife or a nice job.
4. Just because. See 2nd Amendment.

All solid reasons.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-22, 09:48

Vlad wrote:So far, these have been mentioned as possible reasons to own rapid-fire guns:
1. Obama is comin' to get 'em.
3. Because rapid-fire guns pose no greater danger than having a hot wife or a nice job.
4. Just because. See 2nd Amendment.

All solid reasons.
just remember...

the right wing tells us we need stricter voting laws to keep undesirable people from voting.. but stricter gun laws will do nothing to keep undesirable people from shooting.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-22, 10:24

Vlad wrote:So far, these have been mentioned as possible reasons to own rapid-fire guns:

This was a nice family outing. I bet they still talk about it at the dinner table.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-22, 10:28

DWags wrote:

This was a nice family outing. I bet they still talk about it at the dinner table.

just a little girl demonstrating her 2nd Amendment rights.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-22, 10:32

Vlad wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

It's not about having guns. I own a .410 and a 9mm pistol, but hardly use them, just for home defense/standard shooting at the range.

Your post was very ignorant. The gun itself didn't make the decision to shoot the children, which is still horrible. The person who shot them is the one that pulled the trigger, and that's what matters. I understand suing the company out of frustration, but this case will not go anywhere. It's not like the manual said to kill people.

I did background checks for people who wanted those Bushmasters post-Sandy Hook, people were just scared that Obama would make a rash decision and get them banned. He tried, but it didn't work, not surprisingly.

So guns don't kill people but people kill people? Is that what you're telling me? Interesting, I've never heard that before.

So boil it all down for me. Why does a common citizen need an AR15 type of weapon? A short, simple answer please, addressing need, not want, not your Constitutional rights...Just tell me why a common citizen needs this type of weapon?

We both know why, don't we? Yes, we do.

You've fallen for the mythical boogeyman.

Guns are here forever and your limp wristed crying won't change that.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-22, 10:37

8 years into the Obama administration and he still hasn't come for your guns.

however, patriotic gun enthusiasts, stay vigilant.. the NRA, gun/ammo manufacturers, and politicians are relying on your intellectual vacuum, fear and paranoia to keep them in business.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-22, 10:42

xsanguine wrote:

the fuck is wrong with you "n" key?

But I do think it's not that easy to cut defense spending. I wish we could just shift money to roads or schools, but to just cut and shift, would definitely cause a problem with private sector jobs in our country. It's not as simple as just saying this is enough, we're going to cut it.

There could be massive disruptions to employment in a lot of states. I'm not saying I'm not for it, but I"d like to see the plan and how it can effect the private sector. We tend to think that, heck it's the gubmet money, just stop spending it. We don't think about the snowball effect on an economy it could have.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-22, 10:48

The_Dude wrote:
Vlad wrote:

So guns don't kill people but people kill people? Is that what you're telling me? Interesting, I've never heard that before.

So boil it all down for me. Why does a common citizen need an AR15 type of weapon? A short, simple answer please, addressing need, not want, not your Constitutional rights...Just tell me why a common citizen needs this type of weapon?

We both know why, don't we? Yes, we do.

A billion percent agree with this, and I really have always thought you were a fucking moron. Still do, but there is no way you can just pass a law and think guns stop reaching the hands of those who will do harm. I't not possible. We have laws against the making selling ingesting of cocaine, heroin and weed. You guys have any problems getting those? That horse has left the barn and it's not gonna be corralled.

We need to stop privatizing mental health. It's become a public problem in a huge way. We need to somehow shift money, reopen mental health clinics that have been shut down for hears now, somehow make meds cheap enough for people to stay on them and not complain about paying our share of taxes to help people so maybe we won't be harmed.

More public mental health will not end the shooting, but it could stop one or two that have taken place.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-22, 10:49

DWags wrote:

the fuck is wrong with you "n" key?

But I do think it's not that easy to cut defense spending. I wish we could just shift money to roads or schools, but to just cut and shift, would definitely cause a problem with private sector jobs in our country. It's not as simple as just saying this is enough, we're going to cut it.

There could be massive disruptions to employment in a lot of states. I'm not saying I'm not for it, but I"d like to see the plan and how it can effect the private sector. We tend to think that, heck it's the gubmet money, just stop spending it. We don't think about the snowball effect on an economy it could have.

Same thing that's wrong with your r key.

It's not a matter of closing bases and destroying economies and such. We're talking about $650 billion every single year. Maybe a couple fewer bombs bought next year. Maybe one less drone. I dunno. Would need some more detail and interest in that to figure out ways they could save money. But I'm not going to that level of detail for an Internet conversation.

Besides, that's not really the point at all. The people that need guns to protect themselves from the government are the same people that are saying that we need to spend MORE on the military than the already insane amount we spend. That makes less than no sense. That was my point.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-22, 10:56

DWags wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

A billion percent agree with this, and I really have always thought you were a fucking moron. Still do, but there is no way you can just pass a law and think guns stop reaching the hands of those who will do harm. I't not possible. We have laws against the making selling ingesting of cocaine, heroin and weed. You guys have any problems getting those? That horse has left the barn and it's not gonna be corralled.

We need to stop privatizing mental health. It's become a public problem in a huge way. We need to somehow shift money, reopen mental health clinics that have been shut down for hears now, somehow make meds cheap enough for people to stay on them and not complain about paying our share of taxes to help people so maybe we won't be harmed.

More public mental health will not end the shooting, but it could stop one or two that have taken place.

Good job Dwags...you realize the root of the cause which are people being fucked up.

And...people like Vlad would want to disarm everyone so that ONLY the bad guys have guns...yeah, right.

Im all for mandatory background checks and more investment in mental health. However, once again...none of that would have prevented this guy from getting a gun. He already passed multiple background checks for his jobs he had.

We have too many people that feel stuck and like they can't ever get ahead in this country. Ferguson, Baltimore...not about race or the police. Its about large portions of our population that feel they have no future and nothing to lose...like they are utterly hopeless so they lash out.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-22, 10:57

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:

Good job Dwags...you realize the root of the cause which are people being fucked up.

And...people like Vlad would want to disarm everyone so that ONLY the bad guys have guns...yeah, right.

Im all for mandatory background checks and more investment in mental health. However, once again...none of that would have prevented this guy from getting a gun. He already passed multiple background checks for his jobs he had.

We have too many people that feel stuck and like they can't ever get ahead in this country. Ferguson, Baltimore...not about race or the police. Its about large portions of our population that feel they have no future and nothing to lose...like they are utterly hopeless so they lash out.
I agree that black people are the problem.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-22, 11:01

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:

It's just such a bull shit cop out statement when we hear "none of that would have prevented this guy from ..........."

No flue shot will prevent everybody from getting the flue. No knee brace prevents offensive linemen from ripping out their knee. Nothing does, nothing ever will.

It's not a magic panacea we seek, it's enough help that we can perhaps stop one of these. and here is the bottom line that we will never be able to prove. How many people have been able to get the mental help they need so we didn't have a mass shooting? We will never know that, so we can't point to it and say "look, it helped in this circumstance". However, I'm willing to bet there has been some private sector psychologists who were able to prevent a horrible act from occuring because the potential perp was able to afford and get mental health or meds.

The more times we use the line, "None of that would have helped in this case" the more people just say, fuck it, we can't fix it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-22, 11:04

DWags wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

It's just such a bull shit cop out statement when we hear "none of that would have prevented this guy from ..........."

No flue shot will prevent everybody from getting the flue. No knee brace prevents offensive linemen from ripping out their knee. Nothing does, nothing ever will.

It's not a magic panacea we seek, it's enough help that we can perhaps stop one of these. and here is the bottom line that we will never be able to prove. How many people have been able to get the mental help they need so we didn't have a mass shooting? We will never know that, so we can't point to it and say "look, it helped in this circumstance". However, I'm willing to bet there has been some private sector psychologists who were able to prevent a horrible act from occuring because the potential perp was able to afford and get mental health or meds.

The more times we use the line, "None of that would have helped in this case" the more people just say, fuck it, we can't fix it.
the fear, paranoia and hate that the patriotic gun enthusiasts experiences clouds their logic.

hence, your logical words, I'm afraid, are futile.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-22, 11:05

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

I agree that black people are the problem.

I'll agree to disagree with you...I don't think blacks are the problem.

Now, we can start another thread about how the Democratic party has eroded the black family structure that has lead to the decay of black culture.. Wink
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-22, 11:06

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I agree that black people are the problem.

I'll agree to disagree with you...I don't think blacks are the problem.

Now, we can start another thread about how the Democratic party has eroded the black family structure that has lead to the decay of black culture.. Wink
I agree - I knew we were in trouble when they elected that colored boy president..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next