Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials

+23
TheReal_LWS
tGreenWay
tanfan!
The Pantry
Death Roe
AnomanderRake
Toe
Code_Warrior
Rocinante
InTenSity
The_Dude
Travis of the Cosmos
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
Blanch32
Other Teams Pursuing That
xsanguine
Turtleneck
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
Ass Dan
Tim Wakefield
WhiteBoyHatcher
27 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 5 Empty Re: General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-08-18, 11:28

Turtleneck wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

Agree with all of this except the "we" part. Millenials are smaller, slower, weaker, dumber, and fatter because the majority of Gen X parents were drunk, high-on, absentee parents, whose lives were full of pre and extra marital sex, and multiple divorce. I feel for you millenials, I do. Gen X failed you because boomer parents thought the permissive style of parenting was better than the strict discipline of generations prior.

Today I am going to post self-righteous, passive aggressive messages on tSwill.

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 5 Thinking_man_PNG11595

Not sure about being passive aggressive, I think I was more aggressive aggressive.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 5 Empty Re: General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-18, 11:33

I think a lot of blame goes to the 24/7 news cycle and social media - makes people feel like they have to live some kind of perfect life to be happy.

Everyone is comparing themselves to each other on social media being told to buy buy buy buy. Parents throw an ipad at their kid to shut them up. Also - people that rely on some kind of promise of immortality to drive them to be a good person is never a good combination IMO.

Experience rules all and too often people settle for their high school sweetheart, live in the same place their entire lives, and then get stuck in their old ways of thinking. Then they start to yell at younger generations for not doing what they did while having no actual grasp on the current time period.

#OTPThoughtsOnThisFineThursday
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-18, 11:35

TheReal_LWS wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Today I am going to post self-righteous, passive aggressive messages on tSwill.

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 5 Thinking_man_PNG11595

Not sure about being passive aggressive, I think I was more aggressive aggressive.

No. Passive aggressive.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2016-08-18, 11:36

TheReal_LWS wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:I don't think the data is conclusive though. They don't mention how they define math intensive majors. Are computer science majors considered math majors? I assume all engineering majors qualify?

The article doesn't address confounding variables such as changing demographics within the population and heavily cites a study that focused on a community that is minority dominated in North Carolina.

Points taken. Though I do think this is more universal than that. We can agree to disagree. I am actually complimenting you, telling you that you are the cream of your generation.

Cheers to that and I'm not trying to be argumentative it's just in my nature to be skeptical of studies like this. Appreciate the compliment.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-08-18, 11:37

I have no general advice.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-08-18, 11:40

Turtleneck wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

No. Passive aggressive.

Cool. Neck. You know I always think you are right. Except when you're wrong.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-08-18, 11:53

Wait. One thing.

Don't make up stories about having a gun pointed at you and getting robbed.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-22, 09:52

Millennial Employees Are Ruining Vacations for Everyone Else
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2016-08-22, 10:49

LooseGoose wrote:Millennial Employees Are Ruining Vacations for Everyone Else

I don't really see this as a generational difference. Younger workers are always going to take less vacation because they are competing for promotions. Senior employees just don't give a shit anymore at that point.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-22, 11:47

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I think a lot of blame goes to the 24/7 news cycle and social media - makes people feel like they have to live some kind of perfect life to be happy.

Everyone is comparing themselves to each other on social media being told to buy buy buy buy. Parents throw an ipad at their kid to shut them up. Also - people that rely on some kind of promise of immortality to drive them to be a good person is never a good combination IMO.

Experience rules all and too often people settle for their high school sweetheart, live in the same place their entire lives, and then get stuck in their old ways of thinking. Then they start to yell at younger generations for not doing what they did while having no actual grasp on the current time period.

#OTPThoughtsOnThisFineThursday

Yep, a lot of middle aged people that are angry life passed them by.  They settled, maybe had kids early, never really enjoyed much of life.  Then yell at people who have different lifestyles than them because it validates their choice in their head.  Thats why you see a lot of middle aged life crises and divorces.

Get an irrelevant 9-5, never make that much money, pop out kids before 30, marry an uninteresting broad that gets fat on you. Then when kids come, absolutely nothing you want or need mattes to her. Terrible.

Sometimes when Im out shopping and I see dudes with their women who got fat on them with a couple little brats running around just complete and total defeat on their faces.  I refuse to ever be that guy.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-08-22, 11:56

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 5 502811600 General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 5 502811600 General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 5 502811600
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-22, 13:07

You dumb millenials blame everything on everyone but yourself.

Wait. Whoops, that's not right!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-22, 13:23

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

You dumb millenials blame everything on everyone but yourself.

Wait. Whoops, that's not right!

Don't shoot the messenger man.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-22, 18:10

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 5 Tweets-depicting-struggles-20yo-12
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-22, 18:32

Are we really at the point where we are copying and pasting tweets from random people?

And then - making blanket judgements based around these random tweets?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-22, 18:53

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Are we really at the point where we are copying and pasting tweets from random people?

I only copied that over because of her use of "adulting" - WBH seemed to like that term.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-22, 19:27

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Are we really at the point where we are copying and pasting tweets from random people?

I only copied that over because of her use of "adulting" - WBH seemed to like that term.

I hate that term wbh.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-22, 19:29

LooseGoose wrote:

I hate that term wbh.

and goose.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2016-08-22, 20:08

No man should ever use that word
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-08-22, 20:28

OTPT will obviously never try adulting.

Might be a good thing General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 5 2599972566

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-26, 19:44

Millenials are even wrecking whiskey.

Whiskey's Next Wave Is Lighter, Mellower, Made for Millennials

On a warm evening in June, the thirsty crowd milling about a Brooklyn event space might have gladly sipped glasses of white wine, or crisp gin & tonics. Instead, all held drams of golden whisky in their hand.
The event was to celebrate the introduction of Toki, a new offering from Japanese whisky maker Suntory, with gentle almond and grapefruit accents and no age statement. It’s just one of a growing number of what we're dubbing “whisper whiskies”—pale-hued, refreshing spirits with a deliberately light, mellow flavor profile, offering an antidote to bold bourbons and brooding, smoky Scotches.
These whiskies span fresh, grassy bottlings from Ireland (Kinahan’s, Tullamore D.E.W.) to heathered Scotches without peat (Compass Box Enlightenment) to Japanese (Toki, Kikori) and American whiskies made with a lighter hand on the oak. All are ideal for drinking during the warm-weather months and into the crisper days of autumn.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-12-23, 11:14

Forgot about this thread. Where should I live this summer? I have to be in GR in mid August to prepare for my student teaching. I'll student teach for a year in a Spanish or history class, then looking for jobs after that.

My summer options after graduation in May are:
Work 40 hrs/week in the caf til August - free food and good money
Santiago, Chile teaching English and living with some drinking buddies
Medellin, Colombia slinging coke (jk, I'd be doing the same thing as I would in Chile)
Other?

I have a good amount of money saved up and pretty much 0 in student loans. Gambling and being frugal have really helped me. I wanna live it up before becoming a grumpy old liberal stoner like OTPT
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-23, 11:23

Santiago.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-12-23, 11:27

I remember what prompted this dumbass thread. The conversation about OTPT going to work on the first day.

I told you not to go, OTPT. But you took the advice of others and ruined your life. Nice one.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-12-23, 11:33

Tim Wakefield wrote:Forgot about this thread. Where should I live this summer? I have to be in GR in mid August to prepare for my student teaching. I'll student teach for a year in a Spanish or history class, then looking for jobs after that.

My summer options after graduation in May are:
Work 40 hrs/week in the caf til August - free food and good money
Santiago, Chile teaching English and living with some drinking buddies
Medellin, Colombia slinging coke (jk, I'd be doing the same thing as I would in Chile)
Other?

I have a good amount of money saved up and pretty much 0 in student loans. Gambling and being frugal have really helped me. I wanna live it up before becoming a grumpy old liberal stoner like OTPT
General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 5 502811600

Chile
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-12-23, 11:49

Wake get the fuck out of Michigan you have your whole life to live
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-12-23, 11:51

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Wake get the fuck out of Michigan you have your whole life to live

Says the guy that goes to work from 8-5 M-F. You jumped right into the rat race, bro.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-12-23, 12:02

Turtleneck wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Wake get the fuck out of Michigan you have your whole life to live

Says the guy that goes to work from 8-5 M-F. You jumped right into the rat race, bro.

I do not know what this has to do with wake getting the fuck out of MI.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-12-23, 12:04

Turtleneck wrote:
I remember what prompted this dumbass thread. The conversation about OTPT going to work on the first day.

I told you not to go, OTPT. But you took the advice of others and ruined your life. Nice one.

The world needs ditch diggers, TN.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-12-23, 12:07

Turtleneck wrote:

Check your desk. I think somebody took your stapler. Now you can't attach the cover sheets to your TPS reports.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-23, 12:39

Turtleneck wrote:

Wake is living the dream in Michigan, no matter you want him out of there.

Meanwhile in Colorado.....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2016-12-23, 13:39

Go to Chile dude. My friend lived in both places and recommended Chile over Medellin, Colombia. He also got robbed at gunpoint in Medellin so that may have influenced his opinion.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-12-23, 14:55

Tim Wakefield wrote: Gambling and being frugal have really helped me. I wanna live it up before becoming a grumpy old liberal stoner like OTPT
There are two words in that sentence that usually don't go together. General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 5 502811600

BTW I have a cousin who's traveled around the world teaching english. Not sure how it pays but he has a lot of good stories.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-23, 14:57

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 5 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-12-23, 15:53

InTenSity wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote: Gambling and being frugal have really helped me. I wanna live it up before becoming a grumpy old liberal stoner like OTPT
There are two words in that sentence that usually don't go together. General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 5 502811600

BTW I have a cousin who's traveled around the world teaching english. Not sure how it pays but he has a lot of good stories.

There's a way to be involved in gambling and make good money Wink and once I make that money I usually save it
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-05-13, 17:05

All this bitching about people under 35...but let's face it...the economy is rigged in other people's favor. I remember reading last fall that Millennials are now the biggest share of the workforce but own less than 5% of the country's wealth.

A few years ago, as everyone focused incessantly on millennials' apparent obsession with avocado toast, a team of researchers at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis got to work investigating something much more serious: millennial wealth. They found that the typical millennial household, as of 2016, had only about $28,000 in net worth — putting them 40% behind what previous generations had in wealth at the same age (in inflation-adjusted terms). The data suggested we millennials were becoming a "lost generation," destined to be poorer than the generations that preceded us.

https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2021/04/27/990770599/there-is-growing-segregation-in-millennial-wealth
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-05-13, 17:07

I made $18/hr as an intern in 2000. That's not my fault.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-05-13, 17:35

Turtleneck wrote:All this bitching about people under 35...but let's face it...the economy is rigged in other people's favor. I remember reading last fall that Millennials are now the biggest share of the workforce but own less than 5% of the country's wealth.

A few years ago, as everyone focused incessantly on millennials' apparent obsession with avocado toast, a team of researchers at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis got to work investigating something much more serious: millennial wealth. They found that the typical millennial household, as of 2016, had only about $28,000 in net worth — putting them 40% behind what previous generations had in wealth at the same age (in inflation-adjusted terms). The data suggested we millennials were becoming a "lost generation," destined to be poorer than the generations that preceded us.

https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2021/04/27/990770599/there-is-growing-segregation-in-millennial-wealth

Compared with 9% and 20% for the two generations that preceded them, at the same point, despite being the biggest one
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-05-13, 20:26

Death awaits me in 15-20 years. I’m beginning to look forward to it. So tired of the left hating the right white hating brown penis’s being threatened by vaginas gaining power, millennials hating boomers. Boomers hating everyone, including themselves, Rodgers hating management, hooligans hating soccer owners. Rural hating urban ford hating Chevy.

In the 70’s it was bad, then I thought maybe it was getting incrementally better for a decade or so but after 2008 we all just started arguing our differences instead of enjoying or embracing them. From the beer we drink to the music we line. We blamed everyone For our problems and we did it and do it with snark and anger.

Fucking millennials. It’s your fault.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-05-13, 20:36

DWags wrote:Death awaits me in 15-20 years. I’m beginning to look forward to it. So tired of the left hating the right white hating brown penis’s being threatened by vaginas gaining power, millennials hating boomers. Boomers hating everyone, including themselves, Rodgers hating management, hooligans hating soccer owners. Rural hating urban ford hating Chevy.

In the 70’s it was bad, then I thought maybe it was getting incrementally better for a decade or so but after 2008 we all just started arguing our differences instead of enjoying or embracing them. From the beer we drink to the music we line. We blamed everyone For our problems and we did it and do it with snark and anger.

Fucking millennials. It’s your fault.

I don't know what any of this means.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next