Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials

+23
TheReal_LWS
tGreenWay
tanfan!
The Pantry
Death Roe
AnomanderRake
Toe
Code_Warrior
Rocinante
InTenSity
The_Dude
Travis of the Cosmos
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
Blanch32
Other Teams Pursuing That
xsanguine
Turtleneck
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
Ass Dan
Tim Wakefield
WhiteBoyHatcher
27 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 4 Empty Re: General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 29 Jul 2016 - 21:52

It's always funny to read people complaining... about complaining... in paragraphs length. Kinda ironic.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 4 Empty Re: General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials

Post by tanfan! Fri 29 Jul 2016 - 22:16

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:It's always funny to read people complaining... about complaining... in paragraphs length. Kinda ironic.

Go outside and make a friend
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 29 Jul 2016 - 22:19

Tanfan! wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:It's always funny to read people complaining... about complaining... in paragraphs length. Kinda ironic.

Go outside and make a friend

The day I take advice from the 65 year old who has never ending internet grudges with people.. heh.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 29 Jul 2016 - 22:52

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 4 1966794946

Get married they said! Have kids they said! It will be fun they said!

Fuck. I sometimes imagine what life would be like if I didn't marry. But I can't imagine life without my kids.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 29 Jul 2016 - 23:35

It's not smart to have kids if you can't ever imagine not being the sole focus of your own life. That's not a knock against anyone. It's definitely a perspective that some grow into, but for others that don't, more power to them. Having people you care about more than yourself can really enrich your life and bring more meaning into it. But you have to be willing to concede that or it will probably not turn out well for anyone.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat 30 Jul 2016 - 0:03

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 4 1966794946

Laugh all you want.  Takes major balls to have kids and dedicate yourself to raising them to be both productive and humble.  

Perhaps you should check out blanch's forum  www.me247.com
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 30 Jul 2016 - 0:29

The Pantry wrote:

Laugh all you want.  Takes major balls to have kids and dedicate yourself to raising them to be both productive and humble.  

Perhaps you should check out blanch's forum  www.me247.com

I will laugh as I want just like everyone should do what they want. But for that bullshit article to act like not buying houses and starting a family is a fault - it's, well, bullshit.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sat 30 Jul 2016 - 0:33

DWags wrote:

Fuck. I sometimes imagine what life would be like if I didn't marry. But I can't imagine life without my  kids.

I've never been in such a dark place as I am now, personally... and I've done some shit. I've been with my wife (including marriage) for a little over 4 years now that I'm getting divorced from. So, I'll be "figuring" that part out here in a little bit. I can imagine some of it going really well... I can also imagine a lot of lonely nights where I wished I would have stayed. I'll be honest, I'm scared fucking shitless. So fucking scared.. Having a daughter on the way (within the next 3 weeks) is the only glimmer of hope in this whole debacle.

I just hope I remember where the pee pee goes in the va jay jay when the time comes.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 30 Jul 2016 - 1:04

DWags wrote:

Fuck. I sometimes imagine what life would be like if I didn't marry. But I can't imagine life without my kids.

I have no interest in spending even a minute imagining life without my wife. Health issues kept us from having kids, and I wish that wasn't the case, but I didn't marry her because I wanted her to pop a couple of babies out. I married her because I love being with her.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sat 30 Jul 2016 - 1:05

Good stuff.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 30 Jul 2016 - 1:08

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

I have no interest in spending even a minute imagining life without my wife. Health issues kept us from having kids, and I wish that wasn't the case, but I didn't marry her because I wanted her to pop a couple of babies out. I married her because I love being with her.

The best way. No doubt.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Aug 2016 - 15:02

Proof of the weakness of Millennials. No wonder they can't even grip a golf club.

Millennials LITERALLY Can't Pull Their Weight, Either

If today's men think that all those video games are helping them maintain optimal hand strength, they'd better think again.
In a series of studies testing grip and pinch strength, researchers report in the Journal of Hand Therapy that among the 237 healthy millennials studied between the ages of 20 and 34, men today are significantly weaker than their counterparts of the '80s.

Specifically, men could squeeze with 120 pounds of force in 1985 and only 95 today, reports Today.com. The strength of women dropped off, too, but not as substantially.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 17 Aug 2016 - 15:04

I think you guys just whacked off more.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 17 Aug 2016 - 15:08

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I think you guys just whacked off more.

We were also wiping our own ass in our teens. So there's that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Wed 17 Aug 2016 - 15:09

Your drugs make you impotent, or you might have surpassed us.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 17 Aug 2016 - 15:10

Do you have the arm strength to jack off?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 17 Aug 2016 - 15:18

Turtleneck wrote:

Do you have the arm strength to jack off?

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 4 Referee01

After further review of last night's action...

YES!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 8:29

LooseGoose wrote:Proof of the weakness of Millennials.  No wonder they can't even grip a golf club.

If today's men think that all those video games are helping them maintain optimal hand strength, they'd better think again.
In a series of studies testing grip and pinch strength, researchers report in the Journal of Hand Therapy that among the 237 healthy millennials studied between the ages of 20 and 34, men today are significantly weaker than their counterparts of the '80s.

Specifically, men could squeeze with 120 pounds of force in 1985 and only 95 today, reports Today.com. The strength of women dropped off, too, but not as substantially.

Who cares about hand strength? I've seen my dad's high school and college athletics photos.  I guarantee Millennials are pumping more iron than the scrawny boomers ever did.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 8:44

AnomanderRake wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Proof of the weakness of Millennials.  No wonder they can't even grip a golf club.

Who cares about hand strength? I've seen my dad's high school and college athletics photos.  I guarantee Millennials are pumping more iron than the scrawny boomers ever did.

LIES
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 9:12

TheReal_LWS wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:

LIES

We need to accept that every generation that comes after us is going to be bigger, faster, stronger and smarter than we were. If they aren't, then we're failing our children and failing as a civilization.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 9:43

AnomanderRake wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

LIES

We need to accept that every generation that comes after us is going to be bigger, faster, stronger and smarter than we were. If they aren't, then we're failing our children and failing as a civilization.

Agree with all of this except the "we" part. Millenials are smaller, slower, weaker, dumber, and fatter because the majority of Gen X parents were drunk, high-on, absentee parents, whose lives were full of pre and extra marital sex, and multiple divorce. I feel for you millenials, I do. Gen X failed you because boomer parents thought the permissive style of parenting was better than the strict discipline of generations prior.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 9:46

TheReal_LWS wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:

Agree with all of this except the "we" part. Millenials are smaller, slower, weaker, dumber, and fatter because the majority of Gen X parents were drunk, high-on, absentee parents, whose lives were full of pre and extra marital sex, and multiple divorce. I feel for you millenials, I do. Gen X failed you because boomer parents thought the permissive style of parenting was better than the strict discipline of generations prior.

Who thinks like this anymore? Did computers scare you when you were un-thawed from the 50's?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 9:52

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

Who thinks like this anymore? Did computers scare you when you were un-thawed from the 50's?

Its true whether you think it is old-fashioned or not.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 9:54

TheReal_LWS wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:

Unless gen x all had kids when under the age of 18, it wasn't them that was doing to parenting for the most part....
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 9:58

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

Unless gen x all had kids when under the age of 18, it wasn't them that was doing to parenting for the most part....

"Generation X (commonly abbreviated to Gen X) is the generational cohort following the baby boomers. There are no precise dates for when this cohort starts or ends; demographers and researchers typically use starting birth years ranging from the early to mid-1960s and ending birth years ranging from the late 1970s to early 1980s."

This is two days in a row you were kind of ignorant about what you were talking about.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 10:03

TheReal_LWS wrote:

"Generation X (commonly abbreviated to Gen X) is the generational cohort following the baby boomers. There are no precise dates for when this cohort starts or ends; demographers and researchers typically use starting birth years ranging from the early to mid-1960s and ending birth years ranging from the late 1970s to early 1980s."

This is two days in a row you were kind of ignorant about what you were talking about.

And millennials birth years start in the mid 80s to the late 90s. So, do some math you stupid fucking twat. Unless a gen xer was having a baby at 6, it was generally boomers that were raising millennials.

Also, and I would like you to pay special attention to this you fucking moron who runs his dumb mouth...

Signed,

A millennial raised by boomers.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 10:06

TheReal_LWS wrote:

And millennials birth years start in the mid 80s to the late 90s. So, do some math you stupid fucking twat. Unless a gen xer was having a baby at 6, it was generally boomers that were raising millennials.

Also, and I would like you to pay special attention to this you fucking moron who runs his dumb mouth...

Signed,

A man is born in 1963. At 22 he has a baby with his 21 yearold wife. His offspring is a millenial, he and his wife are gen xers.

And grow up. No need to get all offended because you are wrong.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 10:11

I'm also a millennial raised by boomers.

It's laughable to suggest that millennials are less intelligent than boomers. Sure my parents and their peers are intelligent people but let's be realistic for a moment. We learned in middle school what boomers learned in high school, if ever. We dance circles around boomers in mathematics, science and application of technology to solve problems.

AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 10:12

TheReal_LWS wrote:

Signed,

A man is born in 1963. At 22 he has a baby with his 21 yearold wife. His offspring is a millenial, he and his wife are gen xers.

And grow up. No need to get all offended because you are wrong.

Average age for new parents... 26.

Average of 2.3 kids. So the second comes when they're 30 or so. And another later maybe.

So even your 1963 example has one kid in 1989 and one in 1993. And that's average, meaning roughly half are later. And that's the latest example you could come up with. So, gen xer in 1975, smack in the middle...One kid in 2001 and one in 2005. Not millennials.

Face it kid. Boomers are the reaponsible party by and large. and maybe millennials really aren't that bad, so maybe that isn't a bad thing.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 10:14

AnomanderRake wrote:I'm also a millennial raised by boomers.

It's laughable to suggest that millennials are less intelligent than boomers. Sure my parents and their peers are intelligent people but let's be realistic for a moment. We learned in middle school what boomers learned in high school, if ever. We dance circles around boomers in mathematics, science and application of technology to solve problems.

Really?

http://educationnext.org/solving-america%E2%80%99s-math-problem/

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 4 Ednext_20131_EN_Vigdor_fig_1
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 10:24

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

Would you say that you married your best friend?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 10:33

LWS talking about pre marital sex now. General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 4 502811600

Single handily setting the board back 60 years.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 10:35

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:LWS talking about pre marital sex now. General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 4 502811600

Quiet kid, adults are speaking.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 10:35

TheReal_LWS wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:LWS talking about pre marital sex now. General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 4 502811600

Quiet kid, adults are speaking.

You're not an adult. You talk to the sky.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 10:37

TheReal_LWS wrote:

I'm right in the middle of the Gen X generation and the oldest kid that my circle of friends have just got their drivers license. Most kids are much younger... so yeah.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 10:41

TheReal_LWS wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:I'm also a millennial raised by boomers.

Really?

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 4 Ednext_20131_EN_Vigdor_fig_1

Did you even read all of that or did you just pull a random chart that shows a general lack of interest in advanced mathematics study?

At the end of the article they discuss curriculum differentiation and the benefits of segmenting higher aptitude students out of the "dumbed down" curriculum. This was my experience, which is likely not the norm since I come from a very affluent community relative to the national average. My peers and I were taking algebra 2 in 9th grade and passed AP Statistics, AP Calculus and AP Trigonometry before even attending university. Hell, we were hopping on a bus and taking classes at a local university as juniors and seniors. My point being, the best and brightest students have access to higher learning opportunities that simply didn't exist in past generations.

For an article discussing math education and performance, ironically the authors frequently cite one of the most deceiving statistical metrics out there, the average.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 10:56

AnomanderRake wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

Really?

Did you even read all of that or did you just pull a random chart that shows a general lack of interest in advanced mathematics study?

At the end of the article they discuss curriculum differentiation and the benefits of segmenting higher aptitude students out of the "dumbed down" curriculum. This was my experience, which is likely not the norm since I come from a very affluent community relative to the national average. My peers and I were taking algebra 2 in 9th grade and passed AP Statistics, AP Calculus and AP Trigonometry before even attending university. Hell, we were hopping on a bus and taking classes at a local university as juniors and seniors. My point being, the best and brightest students have access to higher learning opportunities that simply didn't exist in past generations.

For an article discussing math education and performance, ironically the authors frequently cite one of the most deceiving statistical metrics out there, the average.

I did read it. But it is hard to get around the fact that there are fewer math majors, and even fewer graduating with math as a major. You are an outlier. Your experience is anecdotal. The data is empirical.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 11:09

TheReal_LWS wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:

Today I am going to post self-righteous, passive aggressive messages on tSwill.

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 4 Thinking_man_PNG11595
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 11:20

I don't think the data is conclusive though. They don't mention how they define math intensive majors. Are computer science majors considered math majors? I assume all engineering majors qualify?

The article doesn't address confounding variables such as changing demographics within the population and heavily cites a study that focused on a community that is minority dominated in North Carolina.

AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 11:23

AnomanderRake wrote:I don't think the data is conclusive though. They don't mention how they define math intensive majors. Are computer science majors considered math majors? I assume all engineering majors qualify?

The article doesn't address confounding variables such as changing demographics within the population and heavily cites a study that focused on a community that is minority dominated in North Carolina.

Points taken. Though I do think this is more universal than that. We can agree to disagree. I am actually complimenting you, telling you that you are the cream of your generation.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next