Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials

+23
TheReal_LWS
tGreenWay
tanfan!
The Pantry
Death Roe
AnomanderRake
Toe
Code_Warrior
Rocinante
InTenSity
The_Dude
Travis of the Cosmos
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
Blanch32
Other Teams Pursuing That
xsanguine
Turtleneck
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
Ass Dan
Tim Wakefield
WhiteBoyHatcher
27 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 3 Empty Re: General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-29, 18:13

Turtleneck wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

? How is that? It's like my opinion, man.

If you want to be different from everybody else then you should stop doing what everybody else does.

Okay so do the opposite and want kids?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 3 Empty Re: General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-29, 18:15

Turtleneck wrote:

If you want to be different from everybody else then you should stop doing what everybody else does.

Uh...no. You graduated from college, immediately got a 9-5 job, and live for the weekends. How unconventional.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-29, 18:19

Turtleneck wrote:

Uh...no. You graduated from college, immediately got a 9-5 job, and live for the weekends. How unconventional.

Take a year off and become a NickelHead.

2016 European Tour
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-29, 18:22

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

2016 European Tour

Do you think there are people that actually follow their tour?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-29, 18:51

Turtleneck wrote:

Didn't immediately get a 9-5 job, and I moved across the country. This is kinda about having children and being married, TN. You're correlating a job and partying with having children at an early age because that's what people do before they settle. I'm saying I won't but hey time will tell.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-06-29, 19:10

If you ever do decide to get married...pre-nup
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-29, 19:15

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

2016 European Tour

Do you think there are people that actually follow their tour?

lol, it's possible. One thing I've found is that anything is possible in this world.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-06-29, 19:25

The Pantry wrote:If you ever do decide to get married...pre-nup

This and marry the best looking girl you can
Muster cause they're all bat shit crazy.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-29, 20:12

Turtleneck wrote:

Didn't immediately get a 9-5 job, and I moved across the country. This is kinda about having children and being married, TN. You're correlating a job and partying with having children at an early age because that's what people do before they settle. I'm saying I won't but hey time will tell.

What was it, about 4-6 months? That's a decent turnaround. Stop being so concerned about being different from everybody else. Just do whatever you want. Quit your job if you want. Take an incomplete in this life and give it a go in another life.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-06-29, 20:14

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 3 Image11
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-29, 20:55

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I got married at 30. No kids yet. Probably won't have any. I like spending my money on shit I like.

What does this chart consider moderate income?

It defines it in the small print.  

My parents were the extreme anti-OTPT -  married at 18 fresh out of high school, 3 kids by 21 and all kids out of high school when they were 40.  It worked for them and even with their kids marrying and having kids later they were able to enjoy their grandkids at a young age.

Are you my brother?  

Parents were married  During the Eisenhower Admin.   Went through Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama.  

Got married at 20-18

Made it 60 years before pops died.  had three of us assholes rather young, got to play with their grandkids and see them do things.   Now, I'm down to one parent, and she's pushing Weed on my young one for medicinal purposes for her knee and foot.  

Life is great

And Pylon, I think the Baby boom was till 64.  I was born in 61.  Isn't pantry a boomer?  Also, Duffy and of course Tanfan.  I think he was a depression era kid.

Last edited by DWags on 2016-06-29, 21:09; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-29, 20:58

Depression? Pretty sure he was at the Constitutional Convention.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-06-29, 22:30

I moved to slc at 19, after dropping out of MSU after my freshman year. Came back 3 years later. Took another 4 years to graduate, I was in zero rush to finish. Graduated during one of the worst employment times, moved to Florida and I've been here ever since. Got married and had kids at 35. I swore I'd never get married and have kids. Kinda wish I had started a little sooner, but oh well.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-29, 22:32

35, respect. General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 3 969504605
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-06-29, 22:33

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:35, respect. General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 3 969504605
General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 3 969504605
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-29, 23:10

Married at thirty. Kids at 35 and 38.  Ones 19, doing ok, youngin is getting her license tomorrow.  She's a pain in the ass sometimes and is a free spirit.  I think we raised them the same but maybe we didn't.  Live em both. Have the crazy when they need it, but do good things that make you kind of happy.  I'm at the cusp of being too old for a teen, but my wife is able to hang and figure some of the shit out. The stuff we can't, we just ignore it and hope it's not too bad.  I really think for me, 38 was pushing it.  I lived the five years of marriage where we did whatever we wanted. That was fun.  Having kids? think long and hard man.  You are not cool anymore when you have them. Don't even think you might be.  You are a dad, yep.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-06-30, 13:05

Ass Dan will be married within 3 years.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-30, 13:26

Rocinante wrote:Ass Dan will be married within 3 years.

I thought he died.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-06-30, 13:34

Turtleneck wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Ass Dan will be married within 3 years.

I thought he died.

Same thing.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-30, 13:51

Rocinante wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I thought he died.

Same thing.

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 3 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-06-30, 14:24

General advice don't listen to posters I don't like because my advise is better.

Wbh.

Lol. Arrogance.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-06-30, 14:40

Tanfan! wrote:General advice don't listen to posters I don't like because my advise is better.

Wbh.  

Lol. Arrogance.  

To be fair he did single out Blanch, who posts 99% gibberish. More of a common sense check than anything.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-30, 14:42

I know not to listen to tan fan - I would prefer not to an angry guy on the Internet as his age. I hope my ass is somewhere retired chilling by the water with a beer.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-06-30, 15:05

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I know not to listen to tan fan - I would prefer not to an angry guy on the Internet as his age. I hope my ass is somewhere retired chilling by the water with a beer.
You're a millenial, you're working til your 90.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-06-30, 15:19

InTenSity wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I know not to listen to tan fan - I would prefer not to an angry guy on the Internet as his age. I hope my ass is somewhere retired chilling by the water with a beer.

Social Security will kick in at 85 consisting of a voucher for a free meal at Old Country Buffet once a month.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-30, 15:23

InTenSity wrote:
........so we don't have to. Thanks man.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-05, 12:16

I’m a millennial and my generation sucks

Millennials are the worst. I should know — I am one.

At 26, I’m stuck in the middle of the world’s most maligned, mocked and discussed age group. And I hate it. Imagine being forever lumped into a smug pack of narcissists who don’t just ignore the past, but openly abhor anyone and everything that came before them.

“My boomer co-workers get paid more and they have no clue what Reddit is!” drones the millennial victim as the tiny violin plays. Meanwhile, baby boomers gave us, um, computers, and our major contributions to society are emojis and TV recaps.

2016 hasn’t exactly been a banner year for the Lousiest Generation.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-05, 12:26

LooseGoose wrote:I’m a millennial and my generation sucks

At 26, I’m stuck in the middle of the world’s most maligned, mocked and discussed age group. And I hate it. Imagine being forever lumped into a smug pack of narcissists who don’t just ignore the past, but openly abhor anyone and everything that came before them.

“My boomer co-workers get paid more and they have no clue what Reddit is!” drones the millennial victim as the tiny violin plays. Meanwhile, baby boomers gave us, um, computers, and our major contributions to society are emojis and TV recaps.

But they'll say it's our fault for making them that way. How convenient is that?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-07-05, 12:45

DWags wrote:

But they'll say it's our fault for making them that way. How convenient is that?

Well, children do take after their parents mostly.

Boomer generation is responsible for the rise of the welfare and pc state that has killed the younger generations go getting spirit to succeed.

You're the ones that educated us after all. General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 3 4168935571
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-05, 12:50

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:

Boomer generation is responsible for the rise of the welfare and pc state that has killed the younger generations go getting spirit to succeed.

You're the ones that educated us after all. General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 3 4168935571

You're a fucking idiot.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-07-05, 13:01

Counterpoint:

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 3 Captur26
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-07-05, 13:05

DWags wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

You're a fucking idiot.

A lot easier than pointing the finger at yourself for calling a generation dumb that you hand a hand in raising and voting for the politicians that set it all up.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-05, 13:05

Rocinante wrote:

Counterpoint:

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 3 Captur26

It's his parents fault.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-05, 13:06

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:

You're a fucking idiot.

A lot easier than pointing the finger at yourself for calling a generation dumb that you hand a hand in raising and voting for the politicians that set it all up.

You're a fucking idiot.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-27, 09:50

Democratic Youth Council shows why we dislike millennials

"I open this space, perhaps, with a couple of ground rules," she said. The first two rules were about working beyond the election and recognizing that everyone came for "good reasons." But the third rule was, well, typical millennial.

"One of the ground rules that I do in a lot of my trainings, maybe you all have heard this before. I love it, but it is 'don't yuck my yum,'" she said "For some of us, there are some things that are very yummy and it hurts when people 'yuck' on us. So for example, if one issue is my core issue and it's not yours, that's cool, it's my core issue, don't yuck my yum, that's cool."

The phrase "yuck my yum" basically means not to tell someone that what they like is bad simply because you don't like it. It can sometimes refer to food (quite literally, don't tell me my food is gross), but also to sexuality.

Audelo went on to talk about the "space" she wanted to create for millennials in the room, something that didn't need to be said and came off as insolent and not very inclusive.

I have to admit that "don't yuck my yum" is growing on me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-07-27, 10:10

Ass Dan must've been swept away in the Baton Rouge protests.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-07-27, 10:39

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:

You're a fucking idiot.

YAFI.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-29, 21:48

This guy really doesn't like our Millenials.

Home Ownership Dives To Lowest Point Since 1965: Basement Renovation Companies Cheer! [CBD]
—Open Blogger

Even though the headline is incorrect, and the article is mostly crap, Millennials Cause Home Ownership to Drop to Its Lowest Level Since 1965 is interesting for the points it unintentionally raises. By the way, the headline should have been, Coddled Children Of Coddled Children Aren't Growing Up, which is the story of our times.

Millennials are not only burdened by student loan debt, but they have also delayed life choices like marriage and parenthood, which are the primary drivers of home ownership.

I accept the fact that Millennials owe a lot of money for their "Lesbian Poetry of 16th Century Low-Country Wiccans" degrees, but I categorically reject the idea that the debt was somehow thrust upon them by unnamed evil capitalists. Nobody "burdened" them with anything. The fact that many of these basement-dwelling, X-box-playing ***ards were insufficiently aware of the state of the employment market when they decided to 1) go to college instead of working for the local plumber and, 2) take 5+ years to finish a bullshit major that will never provide the income to pay back those loans is entirely their responsibility.

If anyone is to blame it is the parents of these entitled, dissolute assholes. They made it easy for their spawn to reject responsibility, adulthood, self-respect, personal hygiene, and a few things I haven't thought of yet.

The sad thing is that many of these toads have bought into the illogical pipe-dream that is socialism-lite...a la Bernie Sanders. Had they gotten an actual education instead of jerking off for five years they might have learned something about that mythical cradle-to-grave support system that everyone is owed by their benevolent government. It often ends in gulags or, in the case of Sweden, a country so disinterested in its own survival that it accepts invaders whose first goal is to rape every native woman (and many native men) in the country.

The leftist drivel that universal home-ownership is an unalloyed economic boon is nonsense. But what home ownership does is connect the owners to the community, something that Millenials are sorely lacking. And with decreasing connections to community, is it any wonder that interest in and love of country is also decaying?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-07-29, 21:49

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 3 1966794946

Get married they said! Have kids they said! It will be fun they said!

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-07-29, 21:51

Who said that?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next