Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials

+23
TheReal_LWS
tGreenWay
tanfan!
The Pantry
Death Roe
AnomanderRake
Toe
Code_Warrior
Rocinante
InTenSity
The_Dude
Travis of the Cosmos
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
Blanch32
Other Teams Pursuing That
xsanguine
Turtleneck
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
Ass Dan
Tim Wakefield
WhiteBoyHatcher
27 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 2 Empty Re: General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-22, 10:14

DWags wrote:Smoke as much weed as possible.

And bang lots of chicks
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 2 Empty Re: General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials

Post by Guest 2016-02-22, 10:59

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Fuck this fucking clown suit

Less than 2 hours into his 50 year career and OTPT is in rebellion.

Fight the power!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-02-22, 11:05

Just remember. You're making money for someone else. You are also expendable, have no loyalty to whoever you work for.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-22, 11:06

InTenSity wrote:Just remember. You're making money for someone else. You are also expendable, have no loyalty to whoever you work for.

I work for myself...Im in my 20s...and it feels good to know Ill never punch the clock ever again for the rest of my life. General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 2 3493939353
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-22, 11:08

The_Dude wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Just remember. You're making money for someone else. You are also expendable, have no loyalty to whoever you work for.

I work for myself...Im in my 20s ...and it feels good to know Ill never punch the clock ever again for the rest of my life.  General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 2 3493939353
dude, no offense, but you seem so old.. like duffy/DWags/LooseGoose kind of old.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-22, 11:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

I work for myself...Im in my 20s ...and it feels good to know Ill never punch the clock ever again for the rest of my life.  General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 2 3493939353
dude, no offense, but you seem so old.. like duffy/DWags/LooseGoose kind of old.

I know...

I will say this, I like Generation Xers more than my own 'millenials' for the most part...I think people my age have shit taste in music and have been babied most of their life.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-22, 12:24

This. And also remember, when you start your own business and work your ass off at it, everyone of the mother fuckers you hire you are basically training to start their own similar business to compete against you.

Capitalism: the belief where the nastiest of men, for the nastiest of reasons, will somehow work for the benefit of all.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-02-22, 12:33

Don't make work your life. You'll never regret having hobbies and activities that you do outside of work. You will regret wasting your time thinking about work when you are not there.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-22, 12:34

Rocinante wrote:Don't make work your life. You'll never regret having hobbies and activities that you do outside of work. You will regret wasting your time thinking about work when you are not there.

Oh that's a good one... Work ends when you hit the door at the end of the day and it doesn't start again until the next morning. Don't spend your time stressing or thinking about it when you're not there. It's never worth it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-22, 13:14

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I know...

I will say this, I like Generation Xers more than my own 'millenials' for the most part...I think people my age have shit taste in music and have been babied most of their life.
I knew you were in your 20's.. I think I realized that a while back. But you just post like a really old, angry white guy.

it's cool, though - we need young-old people too. General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 2 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2016-02-22, 13:20

Some of the advice in this thread is good and some of it is bad. I'm not going to tell you which is which because I don't know shit other than choose wisely and you will succeed, choose poorly and you will fail.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-02-22, 13:21

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Don't make work your life. You'll never regret having hobbies and activities that you do outside of work. You will regret wasting your time thinking about work when you are not there.

Oh that's a good one... Work ends when you hit the door at the end of the day and it doesn't start again until the next morning. Don't spend your time stressing or thinking about it when you're not there. It's never worth it.

Right, spend time getting high and fucking fat girls.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-22, 13:22

LooseGoose wrote:

If that's what makes him happy I say go for it
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-02-22, 13:25

LooseGoose wrote:

If that's what makes him happy I say go for it

Exactly, peace be with all of you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-02-22, 13:28

LooseGoose wrote:

Right, spend time getting drunk and fucking fat girls.

I'm pretty sure blanch gave that advice already.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-02-22, 13:51

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Right, spend time getting drunk and fucking fat girls.

I'm pretty sure blanch gave that advice already.

I definitely do not Greenlight banging fatties. No sir
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-22, 14:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

I know...

I knew you were in your 20's.. I think I realized that a while back. But you just post like a really old, angry white guy.

it's cool, though - we need young-old people too. General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 2 969504605

And you post like a drug using granola eating hippie.

Crazy ain't it? General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 2 502811600
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-29, 14:33

Ruth Igielnik ‏@RuthIgielnik 17m17 minutes ago
In 1975, 71% of 30-yr-olds were married w/kids, not in school & lived on their own. Now: 32% http://buff.ly/294GmyM

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 2 CmI0kddWQAAvRIT
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-29, 14:39

What a bunch of fucking idiots getting married and having kids at 30 General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 2 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-29, 14:49

What % of said idiots are divorced now?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-06-29, 14:51

I plan to have kids when I'm roughly 30. Gotta be able to coach their baseball teams before I'm Loose's age and can't move at all
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-29, 14:53

Tim Wakefield wrote:I plan to have kids when I'm roughly 30. Gotta be able to coach their baseball teams before I'm Loose's age and can't move at all

Yikes - no thanks. Good luck brah.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-06-29, 15:20

I got married at 30. No kids yet. Probably won't have any. I like spending my money on shit I like.

What does this chart consider moderate income?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-29, 15:21

Tim Wakefield wrote:I plan to have kids when I'm roughly 30. Gotta be able to coach their baseball teams before I'm Loose's age and can't move at all

Dont coach your own kids teams.  

Best advice you'll ever get from me.  Ever.  

Saw it as an Athletic Director, saw it as a detached father of soccer players.  

I'll say it again, don't ever coach your own kids teams.  Ever.

You'll thank me.

Last edited by DWags on 2016-06-29, 15:38; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe 2016-06-29, 15:22

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What % of said idiots are divorced now?

most of the idiots here got divorced without kids(crazy huh?).

oh, and have fun raising children well into your 50's. brah.

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 2 502811600
Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-29, 15:24

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I got married at 30. No kids yet. Probably won't have any. I like spending my money on shit I like.

It defines it in the small print.

My parents were the extreme anti-OTPT - married at 18 fresh out of high school, 3 kids by 21 and all kids out of high school when they were 40. It worked for them and even with their kids marrying and having kids later they were able to enjoy their grandkids at a young age.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2016-06-29, 15:30

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I got married at 30. No kids yet. Probably won't have any. I like spending my money on shit I like.

It defines it in the small print.

My parents were the extreme anti-OTPT - married at 18 fresh out of high school, 3 kids by 21 and all kids out of high school when they were 40. It worked for them and even with their kids marrying and having kids later they were able to enjoy their grandkids at a young age.

These days being married with kids at 21 is basically a sentence to be poor for the rest of your life.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-29, 15:31

Toe wrote:

Who said anything about children? Responsibility. Something you baby boomers should learn about. Nice to see you posting again, by the way. You're a twat, but a valued twat. Welcome back.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-06-29, 15:32

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Toe wrote:

Who said anything about children? Responsibility. Something you baby boomers should learn about. Nice to see you posting again, by the way. You're a twat, but a valued twat. Welcome back.

Aren't Goose & DWags the only boomers posting here?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-29, 15:39

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

no way they are the only ones. Just think it's pretty irresponsible to have children (or multiple) at this point. People can do what they want though, it's not like this is China. I'm with you pylon - way too selfish to spend $ on children.

I'm not sure what goose's point was either so I just ran with it. No one gets married young these days and less people want children. Shit changes.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-06-29, 16:20

Toe wrote:

I resemble that statement.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-06-29, 16:31

I was thinking more along the lines of coaching little league teams. Let em go after majors (12 years old).
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-29, 16:46

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

no way they are the only ones. Just think it's pretty irresponsible to have children (or multiple) at this point. People can do what they want though, it's not like this is China. I'm with you pylon - way too selfish to spend $ on children.

I'm not sure what goose's point was either so I just ran with it. No one gets married young these days and less people want children. Shit changes.

I didn't have a huge point to make, it was just an interesting set of data on how things have shifted. I could make arguments both ways on getting married early or late. As with most things there are good points to be made on both sides. I got married and had kids in my mid to late 20's and it worked out fine for me. To each their own.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-06-29, 17:17

Bookmarking this thread to bump for OTPT in 7-8 years.

I know, I know...you're not changing your mind.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-29, 17:29

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Bookmarking this thread to bump for OTPT in 7-8 years.

I hope The swill is still going so I can show you guys you don't have to be like everyone else!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-29, 18:04

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Bookmarking this thread to bump for OTPT in 7-8 years.

I hope The swill is still going so I can show you guys you don't have to be like everyone else!

How many times have you met "my future wife" now?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-06-29, 18:05

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What a bunch of fucking idiots getting married and having kids at 30 General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 2 502811600

You're an angry elf.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-29, 18:09

Death Roe wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What a bunch of fucking idiots getting married and having kids at 30 General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials - Page 2 502811600

You're an angry elf.

I told him not to go to work that day. Then WBH created this thread with shitty unsolicited advice and ruined OTPT's life.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-29, 18:09

Death Roe wrote:

You're an angry elf.

? How is that? It's like my opinion, man.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-29, 18:10

Death Roe wrote:

You're an angry elf.

? How is that? It's like my opinion, man.

If you want to be different from everybody else then you should stop doing what everybody else does.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next