Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something about not doing well in recruiting

+20
Herbie Green
The_Dude
Clarett's Folly
Stoops21
tanfan!
Blanch32
duffy munn
GRR Spartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
Death Roe
SeeRockCity
Robert J Sakimano
tGreenWay
BleacherSwill
InTenSity
TheReal_LWS
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
24 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Something about not doing well in recruiting - Page 4 Empty Re: Something about not doing well in recruiting

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:06 am

Nordic wrote:They changed a thread title Jim!  The Mods changed the thread title when they shouldn't have!!!

That's a damned mod mistake!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Something about not doing well in recruiting - Page 4 Empty Re: Something about not doing well in recruiting

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:07 am

Herbie Green wrote:Posts are being edited, bans are being threatened.  I guess someone must be trying to discuss MSU sports again.

You should focus more on your failed preium board with Blanch3.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:20 am

Herbie is a little biatch
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:24 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:Posts are being edited, bans are being threatened.  I guess someone must be trying to discuss MSU sports again.

We are in a holding pattern as the place is currently over-run with jealous trolls from this board. But we have the maturity level not to respond so it is only a matter of time before they give up and we will move on to phase 2.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:29 am

Herbie Green wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

We are in a holding pattern as the place is currently over-run with jealous trolls from this board.  But we have the maturity level not to respond so it is only a matter of time before they give up and we will move on to phase 2.

Is phase 2 where you and Blanch go away forever? Do you guys need any donations to make that happen?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:35 am

I don't understand why you choose to spend time on a message board with no credibility because of over zealous mods who can't handle sports talk. Seems like there would be better outlets.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:46 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't understand why you choose to spend time on a message board with no credibility because of over zealous mods who can't handle sports talk. Seems like there would be better outlets.

Can you understand why people are standing their ground in North Dakota to protest a pipleline?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:46 am

Herbie Green wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't understand why you choose to spend time on a message board with no credibility because of over zealous mods who can't handle sports talk. Seems like there would be better outlets.

Can you understand why people are standing their ground in North Dakota to protest a pipleline?

Wow.

You are too stupid to insult.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:50 am

Herbie Green wrote:

Ah. Now it makes sense. Thanks for pointing that out Herbie, not sure where my head was. Two very noble causes.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:51 am

Herbie Green wrote:

EMC. Something about not doing well in recruiting - Page 4 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:53 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Ah. Now it makes sense. Thanks for pointing that out Herbie, not sure where my head was. Two very noble causes.

What a warrior Something about not doing well in recruiting - Page 4 502811600
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:55 am

Herbie Green wrote:

Maybe you should stand your ground and only post on tBob.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:01 am

Reading threads like this is why I get up in the morning.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:08 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:lol @ credibility

Seriously.
Like Lester Holt is gonna jump into a news segment with "The Swill is reporting..."
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:15 am

I dont follow golf much but I think jack Nicklaus got lucky 18 times.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:36 am

LooseGoose wrote:Reading threads like this is why I get up in the morning.

My biggest reason is still an enlarged prostrate, but hey, while I'm up, I read threads like these
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:49 am

I'm on the team that advocates not editing other peoples' shit as well.. we have about 40-60 people log in a day, we don't need to be pushing anyone away.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:52 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I'm on the team that advocates not editing other peoples' shit as well.. we have about 40-60 people log in a day, we don't need to be pushing anyone away.

Tanny told me that number was 7.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:58 am

Hook... line... sinker... nice catch Mods!

Something about not doing well in recruiting - Page 4 Maxresdefault
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:45 am

duffy munn wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Coaches found and developed talent. Enos and Duzzi were massive losses. Those are good cidxges because credible schools went after them. Not Northern Michigan

Oh,  I thought it was just Conklin and Cook. That's what you and your fellow dumbass blanch told us. I'm just happy we lucked into those two players.

As for finding and developing talent, did Mark Dantonio have anything to do with that or was it just Narduzzi and Enos?

Consult blanch and let me know. TIA, Walvie.

replace those two with TOC and machado, and let me know how many big ten titles we win from 2013 to 2015
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:48 am

Herbie Green wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:PLEASE DON'T CHANGE PEOPLE'S SHIT.

Seriously, why don't you shit can his ass. He is a major reason the board has no credibility.

this
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:49 am

Herbie Green wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

We are in a holding pattern as the place is currently over-run with jealous trolls from this board. But we have the maturity level not to respond so it is only a matter of time before they give up and we will move on to phase 2.

yup, there Obssession with us further proves my point. yet they are too simpleton to understand
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:50 am

there is: tBob
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:11 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I'm on the team that advocates not editing other peoples' shit as well.. we have about 40-60 people log in a day, we don't need to be pushing anyone away.

Tanny told me that number was 7.

7 who post. Something about not doing well in recruiting - Page 4 1f625
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:48 pm

Did this new kid commit on a committable offer or a non-committable offer?
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:09 pm

Vlad wrote:Did this new kid commit on a committable offer or a non-committable offer?

I think if depends on if he signs.  Then it's committable.  If he doesn't it was non-committable because we investigated grades and character.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:12 pm

I think we should give Turtleneck his recruiting board. Let the swill evolve a bit. the 24/7 types can go there.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:14 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I think we should give Turtleneck his recruiting board. Let the swill evolve a bit. the 24/7 types can go there.

Phase 1 has been destroying the Bob. Once Herbie and the trolls leave, Phase 2 can begin.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:18 pm

Death Roe wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I think we should give Turtleneck his recruiting board. Let the swill evolve a bit. the 24/7 types can go there.

Phase 1 has been destroying the Bob. Once Herbie and the trolls leave, Phase 2 can begin.

I don't agree with the whole "troll" notion, DR. My feelings re: "trolls" are well known here. The people that take the bait like a panfish over and over again are just as guilty.

With that said, the swill has evolved and it is not NEARLY as bad as it used to be.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:19 pm

Nordic wrote:

Who really are the trolls?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:17 pm

DWags wrote:
Vlad wrote:Did this new kid commit on a committable offer or a non-committable offer?

I think if depends on if he signs.  Then it's committable.  If he doesn't it was non-committable because we investigated grades and character.

That makes sense, I guess. But what if we only investigate the grades OR the character. (Not both, only one.) Then is it a partially committable offer?
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:25 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Reading threads like this is why I get up in the morning.

Does Mio have a depression hot line you can call ?

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:57 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Who really are the trolls?

If you don't know... Yada yada.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:15 am

Just checkin back in on this....

So, things are really, really not going well in recruiting, are they? We had a pretty solid class in-state, and did we go ofer on the top guys?

When was the last time things were this bad in recruiting? (Of course, this is for those of you who "follow recruiting". I know most of you don't.)

Man....I say scrap it.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:34 am

Currently the 27th class in the country.  We will still offer more kids.  Currently the 5th class in the big ten

I'll let the recruiting guys tell me this class is worse or better than any other class Dantonio has put together while here.  It's my opinion he's won a couple of big ten titles and a rose and cotton with classes ranked less that last years and this years class.  

So, if your a chicken little, and into the numbers, go ahead and cluck cluck cluck.  

Me?  I'll be damned if that playoff team or this years 3-9 team changed my life one bit either way.

I don't know if Dantonio can turn a pigs ear into silk again.  He's won championships with classes ranked much lower.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:36 am

According to Rivals we have 17 committs - 14 3 stars and 3 4 stars. That is an average star of 3.18 and 28th ranked in the nation. I would guess this is in the ballpark of the level that MSU has recruited for the last 5 to 10 years, probably a bit better than average and closer to the higher rank MSU has had the last couple years
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:42 am

Herbie Green wrote:According to Rivals we have 17 committs - 14 3 stars and 3 4 stars.  That is an average star of 3.18 and 28th ranked in the nation.  I would guess this is in the ballpark of the level that MSU has recruited for the last 5 to 10 years, probably a bit better than average and closer to the higher rank MSU has had the last couple years

Dantonio has beaten OSU with less.  Can he do it again?   A lot of shit has to go right.   No doubt all of us have taken a hit in the confidence level we had in him and his staff.  I have gone from "shit, this staff and Dantonio really can find guys and make them play football" to " They need the right attitudes and work ethic for Dantonio and staff to make them into players."   In other words, I went from thinking Dantonio and staff were about 75% responsible for motivating players into what they had become at MSU to about 40 % responsible.   It's the players who by and large need to bring a work ethic and attitude with them and it's hard to motivate them into working hard and studying hard.  If you  don't have that attitude with you when you enter college, It's damn hard for coaches to instill it into you.  

HOwever, Dantonio has surprised the hell out of me before.  I'm not completely thinking "fuck it" welcome back to SOS.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:57 am

DWags wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:According to Rivals we have 17 committs - 14 3 stars and 3 4 stars.  That is an average star of 3.18 and 28th ranked in the nation.  I would guess this is in the ballpark of the level that MSU has recruited for the last 5 to 10 years, probably a bit better than average and closer to the higher rank MSU has had the last couple years

Dantonio has beaten OSU with less.  Can he do it again?   A lot of shit has to go right.   No doubt all of us have taken a hit in the confidence level we had in him and his staff.  I have gone from "shit, this staff and Dantonio really can find guys and make them play football" to " They need the right attitudes and work ethic for Dantonio and staff to make them into players."   In other words, I went from thinking Dantonio and staff were about 75% responsible for motivating players into what they had become at MSU to about 40 % responsible.   It's the players who by and large need to bring a work ethic and attitude with them and it's hard to motivate them into working hard and studying hard.  If you  don't have that attitude with you when you enter college, It's damn hard for coaches to instill it into you.  

HOwever, Dantonio has surprised the hell out of me before.  I'm not completely thinking "fuck it" welcome back to SOS.

Beaten OSU with less?

Both times we beat OSU we've had stacked rosters with NFL talent.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:04 am

DWags wrote:

blame the seniors. such a The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria blowar
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:05 am

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:

Beaten OSU with less?

Both times we beat OSU we've had stacked rosters with NFL talent.

By what analytical guideline? The NFL draft or recruiting stars?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next