Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something about not doing well in recruiting

+20
Herbie Green
The_Dude
Clarett's Folly
Stoops21
tanfan!
Blanch32
duffy munn
GRR Spartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
Death Roe
SeeRockCity
Robert J Sakimano
tGreenWay
BleacherSwill
InTenSity
TheReal_LWS
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
24 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Something about not doing well in recruiting - Page 2 Empty Re: Something about not doing well in recruiting

Post by Vlad 2016-12-07, 12:56

The old "uncommitable offer" strikes again! Like we have a bunch of 4-star recruits beating down our door.

What a bunch of comedians...
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Something about not doing well in recruiting - Page 2 Empty Re: Something about not doing well in recruiting

Post by Herbie Green 2016-12-07, 13:59

LooseGoose wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

So Dantonio just did what we all rip Harbaugh, Saban, and Meyer for?  Pulling a schollie for someone more desirable late in the process?

Interesting.

Reading comprehension fail.  There was no scholarship offered.   In your example we were "pulling" scholarships from every football player that wanted to come to MSU and wasn't good enough for a full ride.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2016/08/04/michigan-state-football-recruiting/88075722/

confused
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-12-07, 14:01

The_Dude wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

So now you are questioning the coaching staff doing this...AFTER you praise those 3 coaches for "elite" recruiting? Saying that's what it takes to win a natty? (over, over, and over again)

We rip them? Who actually gives a fuck about recruiting on the swill to comment on Meyer, Saban, and Harbaugh tactics? You?

It's fine to play the devil's advocate, Mr. Lebowski, but it's a little tiring when you don't put much effort into it.

Nope, because I never play the holier than thou card. All I care about is winning. I want MSU to cheat to win, just not get caught like the other teams. I want Dantonio to operate in the gray. Need a level playing field.

But there are a lot in our fan base that rips those coaches and their tactics, constantly. I wonder where they are now?

^^^

doesn't follow recruiting.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-12-07, 14:29

duffy munn wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Nope, because I never play the holier than thou card. All I care about is winning. I want MSU to cheat to win, just not get caught like the other teams. I want Dantonio to operate in the gray. Need a level playing field.

But there are a lot in our fan base that rips those coaches and their tactics, constantly. I wonder where they are now?

^^^

So I'm right then?

Thats what I thought

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-12-07, 14:30

Vlad wrote:The old "uncommitable offer" strikes again! Like we have a bunch of 4-star recruits beating down our door.

What a bunch of comedians...

Pretty much.

And, Im 100% fine with that.

But the holier than thou crowd like Duffy and Wags are having a coronary trying to figure out some wiggle room here to make it look like coach D didnt pull a Saban or Meyer.

Just own up to it fellas. MSU isnt any better than the rest. Its just that we normally dont have access to the top recruits to be able to do this as often.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-07, 14:31

Herbie Green wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Reading comprehension fail.  There was no scholarship offered.   In your example we were "pulling" scholarships from every football player that wanted to come to MSU and wasn't good enough for a full ride.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2016/08/04/michigan-state-football-recruiting/88075722/

confused
“I am honored to announce that I received an offer from Michigan State University, all Glory to God for I am thankful,” he wrote on Twitter.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-12-07, 14:35

Ahh....so one nutjob did it once, that means everyone does it.

Gotcha.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-12-07, 14:38

The_Dude wrote:Ahh....so one nutjob did it once, that means everyone does it.

Gotcha.

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t14158-afghan-refugee-rapes-kills-19-year-old-med-student-in-germany

Something about not doing well in recruiting - Page 2 294152859
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-12-07, 15:11

Gotcha.

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t14158-afghan-refugee-rapes-kills-19-year-old-med-student-in-germany

http://northwestlibertynews.com/top-german-journalist-lie-cia-mainstream-media-completely-fake/
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-12-07, 15:18

The_Dude wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

^^^

So I'm right then?

Thats what I thought

How can you be right about something you don't follow?

And when is Harbs going to win that Natty?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-12-07, 15:19

Herbie Green wrote:

http://northwestlibertynews.com/top-german-journalist-lie-cia-mainstream-media-completely-fake/

Northwestlibertynews.com is fucking bullshit. Southeastfreedomrag.com is where the real truth is
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-12-07, 15:29

Gotcha.

You think that's an isolated incident?

Do you live under a rock? I know you don't. There's an epidemic in Europe with Muslim men assaulting women.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-12-07, 15:48

The_Dude wrote:

So now you are questioning the coaching staff doing this...AFTER you praise those 3 coaches for "elite" recruiting? Saying that's what it takes to win a natty? (over, over, and over again)

We rip them? Who actually gives a fuck about recruiting on the swill to comment on Meyer, Saban, and Harbaugh tactics? You?

It's fine to play the devil's advocate, Mr. Lebowski, but it's a little tiring when you don't put much effort into it.

Shocking that integrity means nothing to you.

No wonder you are such a huge Harbs fan.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-12-07, 15:57

Gotcha.

Something about not doing well in recruiting - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-12-07, 16:15

duffy munn wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Shocking that integrity means nothing to you.

No wonder you are such a huge Harbs fan.

Integrity? In big time collegiate athletics?

You serious Clark?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-12-07, 23:20

Ambry Thomas BUMP
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-12-08, 08:18

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Ambry Thomas BUMP

The very worst case scenario has played out, and quicker than anyone could've imagined.

But those 4-5 years were nice.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-12-08, 08:21

Vlad wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Ambry Thomas BUMP

The very worst case scenario has played out, and quicker than anyone could've imagined.

But those 4-5 years were nice.

THE VERY WORST!!!!
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-12-08, 08:33

Wow, what a timely thread this turned out to be.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-12-08, 08:44

Thomas had a non committable offer. Plus I hear grades were an issue.
The staff liked someone better.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-12-08, 08:46

Don't worry word is 2018 class has a lot of early leans to the Green and White.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-08, 09:02

Clarett's Folly wrote:Thomas had a non committable offer. Plus I hear grades were an issue.

He silently verballed to a noncommitable offer but the staff cooled on him.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-12-08, 09:05

DWags wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:Thomas had a non committable offer. Plus I hear grades were an issue.

He silently verballed to a noncommitable offer but the staff cooled on him.

My favorite from the paid recruiting sites: Things change all the time in recruiting.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-12-08, 12:37

Herbie Green wrote:Don't worry word is 2018 class has a lot of early leans to the Green and White.

Who?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-12-08, 12:40

The_Dude wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:Don't worry word is 2018 class has a lot of early leans to the Green and White.

Who?

I think he mocking people who follow recruiting and or recruiting, Mr. Lebowski. I do not think he is being serious.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-12-08, 12:43

The_Dude wrote:

Who?

Boy, for someone who allegedly doesn't follow recruiting you sure are in a bind over recruiting.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-12-08, 12:47

Clarett's Folly wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Who?

Boy, for someone who allegedly doesn't follow recruiting you sure are in a bind over recruiting.

We sucked this year cuz of crootin.

But dont worry, crootin doesnt matter.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-12-08, 12:48

The_Dude wrote:

Who?

I think he mocking people who follow recruiting and or recruiting, Mr. Lebowski. I do not think he is being serious.

Maybe, but Herb isnt the only one who I have heard say that.

We'll see I guess. Next year, tons of pressure on the team and coaches to perform.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-12-08, 12:49

The_Dude wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

We sucked this year cuz of crootin.

But dont worry, crootin doesnt matter.

Yeah... crootin' of a malcontent 5-star.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-12-08, 12:57

I don't think it DOESN'T matter, Lebowski. It obviously matters as the players will eventually be on the field for MSU.

With that said, while still admitting it matters, you can acknowledge what a crapshoot it is grading these players as 16-18 year olds, and the heightened "importance" of recruiting is really just about $$$ in this dying (hopefully) industry of 24/7, rivals, scout, etc, etc.

So to actually react and make judgments upon recruiting before they kids step on campus as people do, in my opinion, is leading you down a path of looking like a moran when Dantonio wins 11 games 5 out of 6 years with a bunch of "bad crootin classes".
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-12-08, 13:04

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I don't think it DOESN'T matter, Lebowski. It obviously matters as the players will eventually be on the field for MSU.

With that said, while still admitting it matters, you can acknowledge what a crapshoot it is grading these players as 16-18 year olds, and the heightened "importance" of recruiting is really just about $$$ in this dying (hopefully) industry of 24/7, rivals, scout, etc, etc.

So to actually react and make judgments upon recruiting before they kids step on campus as people do, in my opinion, is leading you down a path of looking like a moran when Dantonio wins 11 games 5 out of 6 years with a bunch of "bad crootin classes".

We will see if those years are proven to be luck with how low rated kids ended up turning out or Dantonio really is a master.

Or Maybe Dantonio and the staff arent putting in effort to find guys like Waynes and Langford...or its just incredibly though to find those dimaonds in the rough and the odds are catching up.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-12-08, 13:11

Doesn't follow recruiting.

Breaks down the last 5-6 years of recruiting.

Thinks it was luck.

Will determine if the next 5-6 years of recruiting bear out his projection on what the last 5-6 years of recruiting turned out to be.

That's 12 years of not following recruiting by my math.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-12-08, 13:21

Two pages and 71 posts later, I just want to ask again...recruiting really isn't going well, is it? Seems like we're swinging and missing, swinging and missing, swinging and missing.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-08, 13:21

kingstonlake wrote:Doesn't follow recruiting.

Thinks it was luck.

Will determine if the next 5-6 years of recruiting bear out his projection on what the last 5-6 years of recruiting turned out to be.

Please add he's saying that Dantonio's three years of 11 plus victories might be "luck".  Three of Six Big Ten Championships might be "luck".  The most wins in three years by any big ten coach ever, might be "luck" with the recruiting classes.  

Then he says he KNOWS we sucked this year because of recruiting.

Think about that, because he's not capable of rational thought.  He's a blanch level idiot in talking sports, but we get to add he's also a dumb ass racist too.   Blanch at least isn't a scum bag racist like he is.    Alas, I've promised not to remove the idiot.  Let the mouse be played with by  the cats here and I'll try to ignore his rambling.  When he steps over the racial line again, and he will, some other mod can delete him.

Last edited by DWags on 2016-12-08, 13:27; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-12-08, 13:23

Vlad wrote:Two pages and 71 posts later, I just want to ask again...recruiting really isn't going well, is it? Seems like we're swinging and missing, swinging and missing, swinging and missing.

I think the fine folks at 247 would have a better handle on this than us.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-08, 13:23

Vlad wrote:Two pages and 71 posts later, I just want to ask again...recruiting really isn't going well, is it? Seems like we're swinging and missing, swinging and missing, swinging and missing.

I thought we all pretty much agreed right away the program is done.  The rest is having fun with fools.  You're right, program sucks.  We're pretty much screwed.  I see us splitting the first two games ext year and it gets worse after that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-12-08, 13:50

The_Dude wrote:

Who?

I don't know any names but I read it on another board.

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-12-08, 14:10

DWags wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Doesn't follow recruiting.

Thinks it was luck.

Please add he's saying that Dantonio's three years of 11 plus victories might be "luck".  Three of Six Big Ten Championships might be "luck".  The most wins in three years by any big ten coach ever, might be "luck" with the recruiting classes.  

Then he says he KNOWS we sucked this year because of recruiting.

Think about that, because he's not capable of rational thought.  He's a blanch level idiot in talking sports, but we get to add he's also a dumb ass racist too.   Blanch at least isn't a scum bag racist like he is.    Alas, I've promised not to remove the idiot.  Let the mouse be played with by  the cats here and I'll try to ignore his rambling.  When he steps over the racial line again, and he will, some other mod can delete him.

Thank you and good "luck."
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-12-08, 15:30

DWags wrote:

I thought we all pretty much agreed right away the program is done.  The rest is having fun with fools.  You're right, program sucks.  We're pretty much screwed.  I see us splitting the first two games ext year and it gets worse after that.

So a follow-up question: What happened??

You're a guy who claims to know a thing or two about this crazy sport. So...um, WFT happened here?
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-12-08, 15:31

I heard dantonio got addicted to meth.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next