Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

+45
Tim Wakefield
SawGreen
Senior Dickfist
loogoldham
Da Mayor
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
Jake from State Farm
Death Roe
Nordic
Turtleneck
TheReal_LWS
SpartanJD01
MSU addict
Banks2Mason
aualum06
Blanch32
GRR Spartan
Rocinante
Bob Lee Swagger
Blaine Fabin
Wally Fairway
CampbellHall
Frank Drebin
Steve81
CaptainSlow33
msugolfguy
duffy munn
CheesySpartan
MiamiSpartan
Izzo Court
Cameron
Other Teams Pursuing That
xsanguine
Travis of the Cosmos
The_Dude
NigelUno
InTenSity
tGreenWay
Herbie Green
Floyd Robertson
Clarett's Folly
Watch Out Pylon!
MattyFresh
49 posters

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 19 Empty Re: POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 21:55

LooseGoose wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Here's the thing about Izzo. He speaks very folksy. He has a way of talking that in person you understand what the hell he's saying and it doesn't translate to print. I have no idea what the hell he meant there. It does read kind of odd and weird but I have no doubt he meant something rational and he will probably clarify it.

There is a tie to Izzo here, though that is much bigger than this stupid quote taken out of context. If you read the Det News report (you should), Dr. Jeff Kovan was involved in this whole thing. He did the right thing by all accounts. He made sure the athlete who brought this to his attention reported it to the appropriate authorities, which is where it died because who the fuck knows. Kovan is a good guy and is tight with Izzo. It's not a stretch to think that Kovan would have told this to Izzo when it happened and to think that Izzo heard about it.

If that happens (edit - and it would likely come out in the impending AG report), Izzo will face a ton of scrutiny and much much louder calls for his head as he is really the public face of MSU.

This is Jeff Kovan if you don't know who he is by name. You all know him. We could call him white guy with red beard.

I agree on the Lyons statement.   Right or wrong the outcry won't stop until she's gone.

Help me out here on Kovan.   He was told of misconduct.   He reported it as required and is right.

You ask where it died?   I believe it was his report that led to the MSU police recommending charges and the Ingham County Prosecutor deciding not to bring them - the time frame fits.   I can't imagine he's found at fault in any way.

The News report is at least a little misleading because the title implies that 14 people knew over the years and didn't do anything. That's just not true.

I don't think Kovan is going to come under hot water. From the News article he absolutely did the right thing. He was one of the few "14" who did.

What I'm saying is it's not a stretch to think he might have confided in Izzo at the time, in 2014. That will come out because he's a straight up guy and so is Izzo. If that happens and the general public finds out that Tom Izzo was told about this in 2014 and xx number of assaults occurred after that......similar to what Simon is facing now, there is going to be a shit ton of backlash, fair or not.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 19 Empty Re: POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 21:56

DWags wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:So this is about harm done to MSU wags? Wut? This happened under her presidency. What the fuck are you talking about? Fuck MSU in this situation. Smh.

Then, go all out. Athletic department needs to go to. Everyone. Tom Izzo is first. He’s going to be fried. He needs to go. Can’t ask for one thing and not the other.

You’re saying if you ask for the president to be gone you have to ask for the basketball coach to be fired too? POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 19 502811600 Logic, please help out wags here. Thank you.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 21:57

DWags wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Yeah don’t know anything about that nor care but he’s right re Simon

Why wouldn’t you care about assault or ratting out a whistle optimist? WTF?

This has nothing to do with Lyon as a person, that is an individual and separate issue. This is about Simon. Focus.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 21:57

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Yeah don’t know anything about that nor care but he’s right re Simon

Lyons is a piece of shit and should resign himself.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 21:59

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
DWags wrote:

Then, go all out. Athletic department needs to go to. Everyone. Tom Izzo is first. He’s going to be fried. He needs to go. Can’t ask for one thing and not the other.

You’re saying if you ask for the president to be gone you have to ask for the basketball coach to be fired too? POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 19 502811600 Logic, please help out wags here. Thank you.

So wait, you don’t think Tom Izzo is getting beat up on social media by Spartans and non Spartans? You don’t think student sections will kill him? You don’t think the only way to heal that is to step down? What’s the difference?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 22:00

DWags wrote:

Why wouldn’t you care about assault or ratting out a whistle optimist? WTF?

This has nothing to do with Lyon as a person, that is an individual and separate issue. This is about Simon. Focus.

No, it’s about your floating moral outrage. Focus.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 22:01

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I agree on the Lyons statement.   Right or wrong the outcry won't stop until she's gone.

Help me out here on Kovan.   He was told of misconduct.   He reported it as required and is right.

You ask where it died?   I believe it was his report that led to the MSU police recommending charges and the Ingham County Prosecutor deciding not to bring them - the time frame fits.   I can't imagine he's found at fault in any way.

The News report is at least a little misleading because the title implies that 14 people knew over the years and didn't do anything. That's just not true.

I don't think Kovan is going to come under hot water. From the News article he absolutely did the right thing. He was one of the few "14" who did.

What I'm saying is it's not a stretch to think he might have confided in Izzo at the time, in 2014. That will come out because he's a straight up guy and so is Izzo. If that happens and the general public finds out that Tom Izzo was told about this in 2014 and xx number of assaults occurred after that......similar to what Simon is facing now, there is going to be a shit ton of backlash, fair or not.

Please explain that to otpt. Have to believe this will be in the same realm.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 22:03

DWags wrote:

So wait, you don’t think Tom Izzo is getting beat up on social media by Spartans and non Spartans? You don’t think student sections will kill him? You don’t think the only way to heal that is to step down? What’s the difference?

The difference is that Tom Izzo coaches the basketball team, whereas LKS is the president of the whole god damn university. If you don't understand the difference, it's because you don't want to understand. It's pretty fucking simple.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 22:05

Nah, I think it's different. There will be some public outcry from social media types but not like this. It's a real stretch to connect the two. With Simon, not so much. I guess I'm just warning there might be some. And also there is no guarantee that Kovan would have told Izzo.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 22:06

DWags wrote:

No, because he is a basketball coach who wasn’t involved in it (supposedly). This has nothing to do with the morans that you’re paying attention to on Twitter. This is her job. To lead the university and protect her students and campus.

Wags what the fuck man? You’re really making no sense. If laks has to go izzo should too? Would really appreciate the thought process behind this. Just crazy.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 22:06

Cameron wrote:
DWags wrote:

The difference is that Tom Izzo coaches the basketball team, whereas LKS is the president of the whole god damn university. If you don't understand the difference, it's because you don't want to understand. It's pretty fucking simple.

Forget it, he’s rolling.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 22:09

DWags wrote:

No, because he is a basketball coach who wasn’t involved in it (supposedly). This has nothing to do with the morans that you’re paying attention to on Twitter. This is her job. To lead the university and protect her students and campus.

Wags what the fuck man? You’re really making no sense. If laks has to go izzo should too? Would really appreciate the thought process behind this. Just crazy.

If Tom Izzo was told of this in 2014, and now he’s said what he’s said. You think LAKS needs to go but Tom Izzo doesn’t. OK.

Just a question, who is the biggest face of the university? Just in your opinion.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 22:10

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I agree there would be backlash but would it be justified? If Kovan reported, an investigation was done and a prosecutor recommended no charges....was Izzo then expected to raise an outcry? I assume he accepted that the Prosecutor did the right thing just like everyone else.

One of the things that steams me over this Raisman parent is that to my knowledge her daughter was never at MSU. So why is her anger pointed at MSU? What about USA Gymnastics? who is she calling names there? What about the Karolyis? Has she condemned them loudly and publicly yet? After all those are the people she farmed the raising of her daughter out to, not MSU.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 22:11

If izzo knew of this in 14? You just fucking threw that in there. POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 19 502811600 so in reality, you make no sense unles your false argument is included.

so THEORETICALLY(not sure how we are at this point..) if he covered it up yes he should go too.

Rolling Eyes Jesus. Good talk wags. Yikes.

Last edited by Other Teams Pursuing That on Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 22:14; edited 1 time in total
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 22:13

The face of the university? What does that have to do with anything? Izzo is bigger becaus the cultures obsession with sports. That has 0 to do with responsibilities and job and this. Smfh!!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 22:14

LooseGoose wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I agree there would be backlash but would it be justified? If Kovan reported, an investigation was done and a prosecutor recommended no charges....was Izzo then expected to raise an outcry? I assume he accepted that the Prosecutor did the right thing just like everyone else.

One of the things that steams me over this Raisman parent is that to my knowledge her daughter was never at MSU. So why is her anger pointed at MSU? What about USA Gymnastics? who is she calling names there? What about the Karolyis? Has she condemned them loudly and publicly yet? After all those are the people she farmed the raising of her daughter out to, not MSU.

She took Izzo's statement out of context and or misinterpreted what it meant. Can't really blame her. It doesn't make any sense in print. And try not to get angry over the things these people are saying and doing. They are hurting on a level that is difficult for any of us to imagine.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 22:14

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't think Kovan is going to come under hot water. From the News article he absolutely did the right thing. He was one of the few "14" who did.

What sucks is that the sneaky bastard used what is I guess a legitimate medical procedure to cover his tracks. That's what is at the very root of this reporting issue. Had that procedure not existed people would have caught on much earlier.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 22:19

LooseGoose wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't think Kovan is going to come under hot water. From the News article he absolutely did the right thing. He was one of the few "14" who did.

What sucks is that the sneaky bastard used what is I guess a legitimate medical procedure to cover his tracks. That's what is at the very root of this reporting issue. Had that procedure not existed people would have caught on much earlier.

Yes no doubt. It's really scary.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 22:23

Here’s my point, until we know everything Hollis, LAKS, or any face of the university should NOT Step down. This whole thing is fucking horrifying. But to force real good people who have done outstanding things for our university out of their jobs because of what they did or didn’t do this week or mid spoke about and it kills me.

Being patient here is in no way being anti victim. LAKS has brought in research money expanded our global outreach brought in top professors straightened out our dysfunctional athletic family and is now being asked to resign because of this monstrosity.

If she’s complicit in this at all I’ll lead the march to her house cause fuck that. But I lived through Mackey and mcphearson and fuck that.

And now guys I respect are jumping on perhaps the worst board member we have because he said she should go.

So be it. But this university is so much better that what it was. I’ll let you guys jump on that train. There’s no stopping it. But I only wish we could all step back and weigh this out but it seems you guys have. That’s fine.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 22:27

DWags wrote:Here’s my point, until we know everything Hollis, LAKS, or any face of the university should step down. This whole thing is fucking horrifying. But to force real good people who have done outstanding things for our university out of their jobs because of what they did or didn’t do this week or mid spoke about and it kills me.

Being patient here is in no way being anti victim. LAKS has brought in research money expanded our global outreach brought in top professors straightened out our dysfunctional athletic family and is now being asked to resign because of this monstrosity.

If she’s complicit in this at all I’ll lead the march to her house cause fuck that. But I lived through Mackey and mcphearson and fuck that.

And now guys I respect are jumping on perhaps the worst board member we have because he said she should go.

So be it. But this university is so much better that what it was. I’ll let you guys jump on that train. There’s no stopping it. But I only wish we could all step back and weigh this out but it seems you guys have. That’s fine.

I don't give a fuck which board member has or has not said she ought to resign. I also don't give a fuck how much good she's done for the university during her time as president. This shit all happened on her watch, and the university's response to the whole situation has been pretty poor. That's on her, she needs to be gone yesterday.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 22:32

Cameron wrote:
DWags wrote:Here’s my point, until we know everything Hollis, LAKS, or any face of the university should step down. This whole thing is fucking horrifying. But to force real good people who have done outstanding things for our university out of their jobs because of what they did or didn’t do this week or mid spoke about and it kills me.

I don't give a fuck which board member has or has not said she ought to resign. I also don't give a fuck how much good she's done for the university during her time as president. This shit all happened on her watch, and the university's response to the whole situation has been pretty poor. That's on her, she needs to be gone yesterday.

I know I’m in the minority asking to be patient. I get that. I hope my second daughter has as good of a president as my first did. I had Mackey. Look that shit up. Some presidents actually want the athletic department To be second class. (Yeah, I’m thinking selfishly. )
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 22:32

If we want to talk about lyon’s background, how did wags feel about the Penn State situation? Rolling Eyes
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 22:33

Wags is bringing up a president’s dedication to athletics in this thread?

Holy shit. Say it with me wags, WE ARE!

Disgusting.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 22:34

Wags take a step back man. Think about what you're saying and where you are declaring your priorities in this situation.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 22:47

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Wags take a step back man. Think about what you're saying and where you are declaring your priorities in this situation.

I am. You should do the same. You’re asking that any wrong doing at a university as large as ours should be blamed on the president regardless of facts we don’t know yet. I’m asking we be patient. I’ll lead the torches if she’s complicit. I just think we’re just being a bit premature. You have enough evidence that she needs to go. I understand that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 22:48

I just hope the president cares about athletics. How else am I going to enjoy myself if we aren’t winning?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 22:52

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Wags take a step back man. Think about what you're saying and where you are declaring your priorities in this situation.

I am. You should do the same. You’re asking that any wrong doing at a university as large as ours should be blamed on the president regardless of facts we don’t know yet. I’m asking we be patient. I’ll lead the torches if she’s complicit. I just think we’re just being a bit premature. You have enough evidence that she needs to go. I understand that.

I don't think you've been reading my posts over the past week. I can understand that. They tend to be long. I've made my position pretty clear on the arguments for and against her and been steadfast in that I think she stands zero chance of survival regardless.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 22:58

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Wags is bringing up a president’s dedication to athletics in this thread?

Holy shit. Say it with me wags, WE ARE!

Disgusting.

Tell me again why you don’t care about Lyons assault or ratting out a whistle blo-ar on the radio. You said you don’t care about that. Explain that first.

Last edited by DWags on Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 23:03; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 22:59

LooseGoose wrote:

This right here is the issue.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 23:00

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I just hope the president cares about athletics. How else am I going to enjoy myself if we aren’t winning?

I just hope more alumni don’t care what kind of person is on the BOT. Wow.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 23:03

DWags wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I just hope the president cares about athletics. How else am I going to enjoy myself if we aren’t winning?

This is kinda like when goose talks about hypocrites in Hollywood that talked shit about trump and turn out to be guilty of sexual assault. Except this is with you and msu. Cool bargaining chip containing Lyons baggage but really has nothing to do with the issue at hand. At all.

Trump to goose is LAKS to you. Now the president shouldn’t be held to a higher standard? Interesting.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 23:07

DWags wrote:

This is kinda like when goose talks about hypocrites in Hollywood that talked shit about trump and turn out to be guilty of sexual assault. Except this is with you and msu. Cool bargaining chip containing Lyons baggage but really has nothing to do with the issue at hand. At all.

Trump to goose is LAKS to you

Nah, you don’t care about Lyons ratting whistle blo-ars out or assaulting people because he said something you agree with. Your sliding moralit y scale is amusing and keep pretending you didn’t say “I don’t care about that”.

Pathetic.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 23:08

DWags wrote:

Trump to goose is LAKS to you

Nah, you don’t care about Lyons ratting whistle blo-ars out or assaulting people because he said something you agree with. Your sliding miarakuty scale is amusing and keep pretending you didn’t say “I don’t care about that”.

Pathetic.

Don't care about Lyons, LKS has to go. When you make the big bucks, the buck stops with you. If you get credit, you also get blame. Comes with the territory.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 23:11

Cameron wrote:
DWags wrote:

Nah, you don’t care about Lyons ratting whistle blo-ars out or assaulting people because he said something you agree with. Your sliding miarakuty scale is amusing and keep pretending you didn’t say “I don’t care about that”.

Pathetic.

Don't care about Lyons, LKS has to go. When you make the big bucks, the buck stops with you. If you get credit, you also get blame. Comes with the territory.

Cool. Understood. Get rid of her. Let Lyons say what he wants. I get it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 23:11

Yeah, the pathetic one is the ignoring a irrelevant event to the issue at hand and not the one who is bringing up the importance of a presidents thoughts on athletics in a thread about Larry Nassar.

Whoops, that is not right.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 23:13

OTPT is right Wags. Read his statement and pretend it came from Melanie Foster. Tell me where she's wrong.

Lyons seems like a despicable piece of shit. That has nothing to do with whether or not his statement is spot on (minus the God part at the end).
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 23:15

DWags wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Cool. Understood. Get rid of her. Let Lyons say what he wants. I get it.

No, you don't get it.

Fuck Lyons. He's a blind squirrel and a stopped clock. Get rid of him too, for all I care. But LKS has to go.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 23:17

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Yeah, the pathetic one is the ignoring a irrelevant event to the issue at hand and not the one who is bringing up the importance of a presidents thoughts on athletics in a thread about Larry Nassar.

Whoops, that is not right.

Still won’t own what you said about not caring what a BOT member does or says while not being able to say I’d want LAKS to stay on even if she is complicit.

Again, I’m saying being patient waiting for her to resign or be exonerated is not being anti victim. You’re saying you don’t care what pieces of shit say or do while representing our university. Cool. I don’t think I’d think anything different of you. Honestly.

Fast food society. You need shit done now. You and ol Mitch.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 23:21

Fuck Mitch Lyons. #TeamLAKS.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 23:23

Guys this is what you rail against on tBin. This is tribalism. Congrats on stooping to that level.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next