Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

+45
Tim Wakefield
SawGreen
Senior Dickfist
loogoldham
Da Mayor
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
Jake from State Farm
Death Roe
Nordic
Turtleneck
TheReal_LWS
SpartanJD01
MSU addict
Banks2Mason
aualum06
Blanch32
GRR Spartan
Rocinante
Bob Lee Swagger
Blaine Fabin
Wally Fairway
CampbellHall
Frank Drebin
Steve81
CaptainSlow33
msugolfguy
duffy munn
CheesySpartan
MiamiSpartan
Izzo Court
Cameron
Other Teams Pursuing That
xsanguine
Travis of the Cosmos
The_Dude
NigelUno
InTenSity
tGreenWay
Herbie Green
Floyd Robertson
Clarett's Folly
Watch Out Pylon!
MattyFresh
49 posters

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next

Go down

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 20 Empty Re: POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

Post by DWags Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:25 pm

Cameron wrote:
DWags wrote:

Cool. Understood. Get rid of her. Let Lyons say what he wants. I get it.

No, you don't get it.

Fuck Lyons. He's a blind squirrel and a stopped clock. Get rid of him too, for all I care. But LKS has to go.

No, I get it. I’m not going to join your choirs right now. I’ll wait. I’ll see if she decides to resign or if this hurts MSU so much, she should be fired. I wish someone could give me tangible evidence this will hurt our mission as a university. It’s damn hard to find a good president. That is not being anti victim. I don’t know if you understand that. But I hope these victims somehow become whole. I don’t know how to be more clear.

What I don’t quite understand is are you guys saying to me that if you or WBH or otpt go out and do horrible things to people, the presidents of your companies should step down? This isn’t a troll question. I’m trying to wrap my mind around it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 20 Empty Re: POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:28 pm

DWags wrote:
Cameron wrote:

No, you don't get it.

Fuck Lyons. He's a blind squirrel and a stopped clock. Get rid of him too, for all I care. But LKS has to go.

No, I get it. I’m not going to join your choirs right now. I’ll wait. I’ll see if she decides to resign or if this hurts MSU so much, she should be fired. I wish someone could give me tangible evidence this will hurt our mission as a university. It’s damn hard to find a good president. That is not being anti victim. I don’t know if you understand that. But I hope these victims somehow become whole. I don’t know how to be more clear.

What I don’t quite understand is are you guys saying to me that if you or WBH or otpt go out and do horrible things to people, the presidents of your companies should step down? This isn’t a troll question. I’m trying to wrap my mind around it.

WBH wrote:There are 4 reasons I think people are focusing on to want Simon gone.

1. They think she is lying and/or there was a cover up (I doubt this)
2. They think she has handled this poorly since it came to light in 2016 (I agree with this)
3. Sometimes something happens that is just so bad that the person at the top has to pay the price, regardless of their level of involvement (personally reserving judgement here, but I think this is where most people calling for her head come out)
4. If it's going to help the victims move forward then see ya (I agree with this)

I don't like the messages that Simon and the BoT are putting out. It really has me questioning my loyalties as a lover of all things MSU. I'm not proud of my University right now, they are not handling this like the first class institution I thought we were.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:29 pm

DWags wrote:
Cameron wrote:

No, you don't get it.

So LKS gets credit for all the good shit that goes on, but the horrific shit, she must not have known anything about or had anything to do with? That's your position?

If she didn't know about what was going on, it was because she wasn't doing her job properly. She needs to go. No two ways about it. No wait and see. Don't let the door hit ya, LKS.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:29 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Guys this is what you rail against on tBin. This is tribalism. Congrats on stooping to that level.

Wait, have I ever said I don’t want her gone if she dropped the ball on this? Tribalism? If what I believe to be being on the side of justice is tribalism, then I’m that.

And I also believe she’ll resign. Why? Because of hysteria. However maybe she did know more. Then fuck her. Jail her. I won’t join your Lynch mob. I hope you guys are right because it’s going to happen.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:31 pm

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Guys this is what you rail against on tBin. This is tribalism. Congrats on stooping to that level.

Wait, have I ever said I don’t want her gone if she dropped the ball on this? Tribalism? If what I believe to be being on the side of justice is tribalism, then I’m that.

And I also believe she’ll resign. Why? Because of hysteria. However maybe she did know more. Then fuck her. Jail her. I won’t join your Lynch mob. I hope you guys are right because it’s going to happen.

You know who champions the "wait and see" approach on tSwill? Goose, when he's defending Trump and his ilk. That's what you're doing here. So either stop doing it, or I better not ever see you give Goose shit for doing it ever again.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:34 pm

Cameron wrote:
DWags wrote:

So LKS gets credit for all the good shit that goes on, but the horrific shit, she must not have known anything about or had anything to do with? That's your position?

If she didn't know about what was going on, it was because she wasn't doing her job properly. She needs to go. No two ways about it. No wait and see. Don't let the door hit ya, LKS.

Please Cameron, I give her credit for what I know she’s done. She’s done. Been involved with. I’ll give her blame for what I know she’s to blame for. You’re saying she’s known about this? I don’t share that knowledge that you have. I think she completely dropped the ball as far as PR this week. I don’t think she needs to be fired for that. However I’m all for firing her if she’s in the least bit complicit. Even in passing.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:34 pm

I'm not part of the lynch mob. I am increasingly seeing that side of the coin. I'm not screaming from the treetops she needs to resign. I've been pretty consistent. I'm saying I agree with Lyons' statement despite him being a piece of shit. I don't care if he's a piece of shit, his message was pretty spot on. If Trump wrote it I would say the same thing. I'd be fine with her staying on if she and the BoT could somehow pull a 180 and prove to these victims that they really are listening and do care. I'm afraid that train has left the station/toothpaste is out of the tube/whatever you want to say.

The public outcry matters in that it's going to get too noisy (if it hasn't already) for her to remain. But really what matters here is THE VICTIMS. They need this to happen in order to heal. That is what is important and that is wear LAKS and the BoT have been completely tone deaf. If they had handled it better than we might not be at this point.

Read this. Read it again. It's fair and accurate. This is where LAKS and MSU has failed since this thing came to light.

https://theathletic.com/217215/2018/01/20/endorsement-of-msu-president-simon-a-slap-in-the-face-for-nassars-survivors/
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:35 pm

Cameron wrote:
DWags wrote:

You know who champions the "wait and see" approach on tSwill? Goose, when he's defending Trump and his ilk. That's what you're doing here. So either stop doing it, or I better not ever see you give Goose shit for doing it ever again.

Fuck that Cameron.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:36 pm

Cameron wrote:
DWags wrote:

Lol. I don't see this as quite the same i know what Wags is calling for but due process has taken a helluva beating in this country lately.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:36 pm

A president having a Larry Nassar(in this context and specifics to the situation as well) under her watch is not enough to justify her being done. Huh.

If dantonio and izzo backs her up, well then damnit I’m going to too

Sincerely, D “we are Penn State” wags

Last edited by Other Teams Pursuing That on Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:37 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm not part of the lynch mob. I am increasingly seeing that side of the coin. I'm not screaming from the treetops she needs to resign. I've been pretty consistent. I'm saying I agree with Lyons' statement despite him being a piece of shit. I don't care if he's a piece of shit, his message was pretty spot on. If Trump wrote it I would say the same thing. I'd be fine with her staying on if she and the BoT could somehow pull a 180 and prove to these victims that they really are listening and do care. I'm afraid that train has left the station/toothpaste is out of the tube/whatever you want to say.

The public outcry matters in that it's going to get too noisy (if it hasn't already) for her to remain. But really what matters here is THE VICTIMS. They need this to happen in order to heal. That is what is important and that is wear LAKS and the BoT have been completely tone deaf. If they had handled it better than we might not be at this point.

Read this. Read it again. It's fair and accurate. This is where LAKS and MSU has failed since this thing came to light.

https://theathletic.com/217215/2018/01/20/endorsement-of-msu-president-simon-a-slap-in-the-face-for-nassars-survivors/

Is Lynn Raisman a victim?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:37 pm

I think LAKS and Hollis both probably need to go because of this. Mistakes were made.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:37 pm

DWags wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Please Cameron, I give her credit for what I know she’s done. She’s done. Been involved with. I’ll give her blame for what I know she’s to blame for. You’re saying she’s known about this? I don’t share that knowledge that you have. I think she completely dropped the ball as far as PR this week. I don’t think she needs to be fired for that. However I’m all for firing her if she’s in the least bit complicit. Even in passing.

If she looked into it and found that there was nothing wrong, then she ought to go. If she didn't look into it, then she ought to go. Is there some third option you're seeing here?

Take off your administrator goggles for just a second, for fuck's sake.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:38 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm not part of the lynch mob. I am increasingly seeing that side of the coin. I'm not screaming from the treetops she needs to resign. I've been pretty consistent. I'm saying I agree with Lyons' statement despite him being a piece of shit. I don't care if he's a piece of shit, his message was pretty spot on. If Trump wrote it I would say the same thing. I'd be fine with her staying on if she and the BoT could somehow pull a 180 and prove to these victims that they really are listening and do care. I'm afraid that train has left the station/toothpaste is out of the tube/whatever you want to say.

Nice strawman. Because none of the actual victims want LAKS gone.

What a disgusting thread.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:38 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

Get over it Goose, that is irrelevant. I don't believe she was mentioned in this article. She misinterpreted a quote.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:39 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:A president having a Larry Nassar(in this context and specifics to the situation as well) under her watch is not enough to justify her being done. Huh.

How is this equated to Penn State?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:39 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Lol. I don't see this as quite the same i know what Wags is calling for but due process has taken a helluva beating in this country lately.

Dammit, Goose, I'm trying to prove a point here. You could get a rhetorical "gotcha" for DWags out of the deal if you play along.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:40 pm

If you think the victims need this, that’s fine. I get that. Completely. Do you now carry that to Tom Izzo and tonight’s outrage? If the victims will need his resignation will you support that? Or do we disregard this girls moms outrage in this instance. I’m sincere in this in that I absolutely agree if the victims need this, then no matter what LAKS did or didn’t do, I hope she resigns for them. Not for us, but them. Do you think Tom Izzo should if and when it gets loud?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:40 pm

InTenSity wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:A president having a Larry Nassar(in this context and specifics to the situation as well) under her watch is not enough to justify her being done. Huh.

Blind support because you are too loyal to the institution, and equating sports with real shit like this. see wags in this thread.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:41 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Blind support because you are too loyal to the institution, and equating sports with real shit like this. see wags in this thread.

God you’re a dick.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:41 pm

InTenSity wrote:

Well some of our alums are are starting to put the University and their loyalty and love for it over the 100s of girls who were sexually assaulted.

That's pretty much where it begins and ends.

Like the guys on the Bunker who were saying that the victims statements over the past few days were nothing more than "posturing" to get them more money in the lawsuits. That's pretty Penn State-y
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:41 pm

Heat Miser wrote:I think LAKS and Hollis both probably need to go because of this. Mistakes were made.

I'm surprised I haven't heard more people calling for Hollis to go. I think I've seen more people wanting Izzo's head than Hollis's, which is bizarre.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:42 pm

Still talking about the basketball coach who outside of one statement has no involvement known to this point. I think this is when you know you’re wrong.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:42 pm

DWags wrote:

If you think the victims need this, that’s fine. I get that. Completely. Do you now carry that to Tom Izzo and tonight’s outrage? If the victims will need his resignation will you support that? Or do we disregard this girls moms outrage in this instance. I’m sincere in this in that I absolutely agree if the victims need this, then no matter what LAKS did or didn’t do, I hope she resigns for them. Not for us, but them. Do you think Tom Izzo should if and when it gets loud?

I already answered that. Scroll back I'm too lazy to find it for you. It's a false equivalency/strawman argument.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:43 pm

DWags wrote:

God you’re a dick.

Logical and valid response. Well done.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:43 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

And now some want Izzo gone.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:44 pm

Cameron wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:I think LAKS and Hollis both probably need to go because of this. Mistakes were made.

I'm surprised I haven't heard more people calling for Hollis to go. I think I've seen more people wanting Izzo's head than Hollis's, which is bizarre.

Really the athletic department had minimal ties to Nassar. He was under the School of Medicine. You want to talk Klages and the other trainer who were told and did nothing? Sure, bring Hollis into the mix. I've stated before that I want Klages to rot in prison.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:44 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Well some of our alums are are starting to put the University and their loyalty and love for it over the 100s of girls who were sexually assaulted.

That's pretty much where it begins and ends.

Like the guys on the Bunker who were saying that the victims statements over the past few days were nothing more than "posturing" to get them more money in the lawsuits. That's pretty Penn State-y

That’s asinine.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:46 pm

DWags wrote:

The president makes sense. The basketball coach does not. Because, you know - he’s the basketball coach and hasn’t been proved to play a part in a cover up if there is one. He is not the president of the university. Goose jr on the bin over here this is insane. Truly.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:47 pm

I'm done with this thread for the night. This shit is pretty heavy. And I'm just an alum with no personal connection to what's been happening. I keep checking myself in that regard and trying to imagine if I had more at stake....

I'm going to try to watch the end of Unforgiven now. Have a good night.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:47 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
DWags wrote:

I already answered that. Scroll back I'm too lazy to find it for you. It's a false equivalency/strawman argument.

Not quite. If the victims want Tom Izzo gone now and it helps them heal, , are we also in favor of that?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:48 pm

Cameron wrote:

Izzo maybe being tone deaf is not a fireable offense IMHO. LAKS and Hollis are responsible for everything under them. That's why they get paid the big bucks. For the most part they've been awesome, but that can't excuse this gross negligence of management.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:48 pm

DWags wrote:

The president makes sense. The basketball coach does not. Because, you know - he’s the basketball coach and hasn’t been proved to play a part in a cover up if there is one. He is not the president of the university. Goose jr on the bin over here this is insane. Truly.

If it helps the victims heal? No? Ok.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:50 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Really the athletic department had minimal ties to Nassar. He was under the School of Medicine. You want to talk Klages and the other trainer who were told and did nothing? Sure, bring Hollis into the mix. I've stated before that I want Klages to rot in prison.

To be clear, no information that I'm aware of implicates Hollis in this, really, I just think it's weird that more people want the basketball coach fired than want the AD fired. One sentence of Tom's impromptu statement was weird, but aside from that, I have no earthly idea why anyone thinks he has anything to do with any of this.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:52 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Izzo maybe being tone deaf is not a fireable offense IMHO. LAKS and Hollis are responsible for everything under them. That's why they get paid the big bucks. For the most part they've been awesome, but that can't excuse this gross negligence of management.

I agree, mostly. I truly don't know how much involvement the AD has with the medical aspect of athletics, but if he has/had any authority over Nassar at all, he probably ought to be out as well.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:52 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Cameron wrote:

And this relates back to the similarity in medical procedures. From what I've seen of Klages she needs to be forgiven on the grounds of stupidity. I think she was starstruck by USA gymnastics and thought he was performing legit good. It's sad in retrospect but it's a huge leap to think she was knowingly helping him continue to molest young girls.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:55 pm

DWags wrote:

If it helps the victims heal? No? Ok.

I can't speak for anyone else, but my opinion that LKS should be out is not based on the idea that it would help the victims to heal. It is based on the fact that she is the president of the ENTIRE UNIVERSITY, and this shit happened on her watch. The buck stops with her.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:55 pm

Cameron wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

To be clear, no information that I'm aware of implicates Hollis in this, really, I just think it's weird that more people want the basketball coach fired than want the AD fired. One sentence of Tom's impromptu statement was weird, but aside from that, I have no earthly idea why anyone thinks he has anything to do with any of this.

It's Lynn Raisman grandstanding mostly. Yet somehow that makes it about the victims. She enjoyed her time in the spotlight while her daughter was competing she should get the hell out of the spotlight now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:58 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

And this relates back to the similarity in medical procedures. From what I've seen of Klages she needs to be forgiven on the grounds of stupidity. I think she was starstruck by USA gymnastics and thought he was performing legit good. It's sad in retrospect but it's a huge leap to think she was knowingly helping him continue to molest young girls.

I can't buy that. From what I know about the whole situation, she was one of the strongest voices telling Nassar's victims that reporting his abuses would have negative consequences. That's totally unacceptable, and quite possibly criminal.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:06 am

So the BoT has answered Lyons. This whole thing sucks.

Board answers Mitch.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next