Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

+45
Tim Wakefield
SawGreen
Senior Dickfist
loogoldham
Da Mayor
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
Jake from State Farm
Death Roe
Nordic
Turtleneck
TheReal_LWS
SpartanJD01
MSU addict
Banks2Mason
aualum06
Blanch32
GRR Spartan
Rocinante
Bob Lee Swagger
Blaine Fabin
Wally Fairway
CampbellHall
Frank Drebin
Steve81
CaptainSlow33
msugolfguy
duffy munn
CheesySpartan
MiamiSpartan
Izzo Court
Cameron
Other Teams Pursuing That
xsanguine
Travis of the Cosmos
The_Dude
NigelUno
InTenSity
tGreenWay
Herbie Green
Floyd Robertson
Clarett's Folly
Watch Out Pylon!
MattyFresh
49 posters

Page 18 of 25 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21 ... 25  Next

Go down

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 18 Empty Re: POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-19, 11:06

That was the entire outcome of the meeting. I know they invited this in December, but they really should have demanded it, and sooner.

Instead I think they're still trying to save LAKS job. "See, I really didn't know before then?"

It's easy to play MMQB on a lot of this but they look like a 3 ring circus right now between "I've been told it's virtually impossible to stop a determined sexual predator" to not showing up, to showing up and acting disinterested, to fumbling questions from the press (let alone taking them), to 'watching the live stream', to not recognizing victims and telling them you might be able to make the hearing depending on your schedule.....I mean what the fuck.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 18 Empty Re: POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-19, 11:09

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:That was the entire outcome of the meeting. I know they invited this in December, but they really should have demanded it, and sooner.

Instead I think they're still trying to save LAKS job. "See, I really didn't know before then?"

It's easy to play MMQB on a lot of this but they look like a 3 ring circus right now between "I've been told it's virtually impossible to stop a determined sexual predator" to not showing up, to showing up and acting disinterested, to fumbling questions from the press (let alone taking them), to 'watching the live stream', to not recognizing victims and telling them you might be able to make the hearing depending on your schedule.....I mean what the fuck.

This is getting worse. Seemingly much worse very quickly. No
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-19, 11:14

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:That was the entire outcome of the meeting. I know they invited this in December, but they really should have demanded it, and sooner.

Those are all good points. If no one at the top is found to have been involved in a cover up, and no one at the top is found to have any knowledge of this for any substantial period before Nassar's firing (all of which is sounding more implausible by the day) then MSU still comes out looking like an institutional idiot.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-01-19, 11:41

Hondo saying that LAKS will be President of MSU no more.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-19, 11:45

Death Roe wrote:Hondo saying that LAKS will be President of MSU no more.

Clarification. He quoted an unnamed source who said their opinion was that at the conclusion of the Trustee meeting which started at 10:30 AM they expected that she wouldn't be President.

My timeline might be off but I just saw a tweet saying Brian Mossallam entered the courtroom to witness today's testimony. So that would mean that the BoT meeting is already over.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-19, 11:48

Ok I saw another tweet from the media saying they were staked out outside of the BoT meeting 5 minutes ago so I'm not sure what was up with the Mossallam courtroom tweet.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-01-19, 11:58

They just got Pizza House, they're going to be in that meeting for a while.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2018-01-19, 11:59

Death Roe wrote:They just got Pizza House, they're going to be in that meeting for a while.

Overpriced and not very good
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-19, 12:06

Yeah, it's a bad look.   Aren't there PR firms that handle stuff like this?  I know it's bad to say we're hiring a PR firm for this, but look what happens when you don't.   I don't even know if those firms do you right or if they screw you up, but anything would have been better than what's been happening.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-19, 12:09

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Those are all good points. If no one at the top is found to have been involved in a cover up, and no one at the top is found to have any knowledge of this for any substantial period before Nassar's firing (all of which is sounding more implausible by the day) then MSU still comes out looking like an institutional idiot.

Yep, that ball is definitely rolling down hill with a pretty good velocity right now.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-01-19, 13:28

Realizing I am playing MMQB...

Her response yesterday about not knowing in 2014 was ridiculous "the report was not provided to me."  You're the fucking President, people provide you what you ask for.  You knew there was an investigation, you knew there was a report - you simply chose not to read it.  Like I said earlier, sticking your head in the sand is not an excuse - you are paid to lead the University - be a leader.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-19, 13:31

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 18 Coachd11
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-19, 14:16

Floyd Robertson wrote:POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 18 Coachd11

Did Mark Dantonio just talk about himself in the 3rd person? Solid answer by the way.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-19, 14:18

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 18 Coachd11

Did Mark Dantonio just talk about himself in the 3rd person? Solid answer by the way.

I believe he did, and yes it was.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-01-19, 14:55

Breslin just said that they gave Simon a vote of support. Wow.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-01-19, 15:05

Death Roe wrote:Breslin just said that they gave Simon a vote of support. Wow.

Hmm, maybe there's more nuance to this whole situation than self-righteous internet SJWs might realize.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-19, 15:10

Anybody ever watch 12 angry men?   I"m willing to be patient.   I don
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-19, 15:44

Are we paying Hondo as our insider?

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 18 2d7g6zm
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-19, 15:50

Can we not post Hondo stuff here?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-20, 20:44

Well Izzo did his best to express sympathy - and now reaps the reward for not having a prepared statement.

Lynn Raisman‏ @LynnRaisman

Dear Tom Izzo,
I'm sorry it's been a difficult week for you. Did you hear, Larry Nassar also said it was difficult. Since you "hope the right person was convicted" I wonder if you are a complete and total MORON or just a LIAR when you claim you listened to the impact statements.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-20, 21:12

LooseGoose wrote:Well Izzo did his best to express sympathy - and now reaps the reward for not having a prepared statement.

Dear Tom Izzo,
I'm sorry it's been a difficult week for you. Did you hear, Larry Nassar also said it was difficult. Since you "hope the right person was convicted" I wonder if you are a complete and total MORON or just a LIAR when you claim you listened to the impact statements.

People on the twitter calling for Tom Izzo to go to now. I’m guessing UofM and Purdue trolls but I’m betting it gets ugly.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-20, 21:12

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Well Izzo did his best to express sympathy - and now reaps the reward for not having a prepared statement.

Dear Tom Izzo,

People on the twitter calling for Tom Izzo to go to now. I’m guessing UofM and Purdue trolls but I’m betting it gets ugly.

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 18 502811600 Rolling Eyes
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-01-20, 21:13

Link to the comments?
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-20, 21:16

It’s an asenine comment but that’s what you get in the corners of the internet - random morans on Twitter.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-20, 21:20

And as I've stated here before and taken a beating. I know this won't be a popular opinion - but - I think some of these parents need to get the hell off their high horses.

Yes their daughters were victimized by a rotten son of a bitch.

To blame Tom Izzo for that is bullshit.

To blame Dr. Simon for that might have a bit more validity.

But you know who was closer to the situation?

You know who might have had a close enough relationship with their kid to have them talk about it to you?

You know who knew in some circumstances what their daughters were alleging and sat on their hands because they didn't want to lose standing in the gymnastics community?

Look in the damned mirror.

And no smart asses that doesn't mean I'm blaming the parents. Only 1 person needs to be uncritically condemned and that's Larry Nasser.

Everyone else that was involved missed signals here or there.

USA Gymnastics - The Karolyis - Twistars - MSU - Coaches - Parents - Teammates -

Ingham County Prosecutors (You all know they went against the MSU police in 2014 and refused to bring charges) Where are the people scorching them???

Tom Izzo wasn't involved I don't see how she feels ok blaming him other than just lashing out at him for the failure of others.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-20, 21:28

aualum06 wrote:Link to the comments?

I don’t know how but will try

https://twitter.com/martzke/status/954889487472984064

https://twitter.com/larryjsimon/status/954568276868255745

There are a shit load more.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-20, 21:32

Here's the thing about Izzo. He speaks very folksy. He has a way of talking that in person you understand what the hell he's saying and it doesn't translate to print. I have no idea what the hell he meant there. It does read kind of odd and weird but I have no doubt he meant something rational and he will probably clarify it.

There is a tie to Izzo here, though that is much bigger than this stupid quote taken out of context. If you read the Det News report (you should), Dr. Jeff Kovan was involved in this whole thing. He did the right thing by all accounts. He made sure the athlete who brought this to his attention reported it to the appropriate authorities, which is where it died because who the fuck knows. Kovan is a good guy and is tight with Izzo. It's not a stretch to think that Kovan would have told this to Izzo when it happened and to think that Izzo heard about it.

If that happens (edit - and it would likely come out in the impending AG report), Izzo will face a ton of scrutiny and much much louder calls for his head as he is really the public face of MSU.

This is Jeff Kovan if you don't know who he is by name. You all know him. We could call him white guy with red beard.

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 18 Kovan
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-20, 21:34

Here’s what you say if you’re an MSU official: I’m horrified for the victims, I pray they become whole, I have faith in our justice system, I have nothing else to say.

Tom Izzo will get his ass handed to him by student sections. It won’t be ignored.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-20, 21:40

Lyons spot on.

https://twitter.com/kylebaustin/status/954896827907760128
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-20, 21:42

Yep. I don't trust Lyons judgement in general but I certainly agree with his sentiment here.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-20, 21:43

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Lyons spot on.

https://twitter.com/kylebaustin/status/954896827907760128

Didn’t he just get arrested for domestic assault?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-20, 21:45

Didn’t he also out a whistle optimist in a sexual abuse case?

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/columnists/graham-couch/2017/06/10/msu-trustee-sexual-assault-whistleblower-couch-column/386560001/
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-20, 21:47

Lyons is outside his mind.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-20, 21:47

Yes Dwags. He's a moron and has made many questionable decisions. But he's right. Not mutually exclusive. She can't survive. She's been a great President. She probably didn't know. I believe there was no cover up. But the victims and community likely need her to resign to move forward.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-20, 21:48

Yeah don’t know anything about that nor care but he’s right re Simon
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-20, 21:48

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yes Dwags. He's a moron and has made many questionable decisions. But he's right. Not mutually exclusive. She can't survive. She's been a great President. She probably didn't know. I believe there was no cover up. But the victims and community likely need her to resign to move forward.

List below here how MSU is going to be harmed:

Go.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-20, 21:49

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Here's the thing about Izzo. He speaks very folksy. He has a way of talking that in person you understand what the hell he's saying and it doesn't translate to print. I have no idea what the hell he meant there. It does read kind of odd and weird but I have no doubt he meant something rational and he will probably clarify it.

There is a tie to Izzo here, though that is much bigger than this stupid quote taken out of context. If you read the Det News report (you should), Dr. Jeff Kovan was involved in this whole thing. He did the right thing by all accounts. He made sure the athlete who brought this to his attention reported it to the appropriate authorities, which is where it died because who the fuck knows. Kovan is a good guy and is tight with Izzo. It's not a stretch to think that Kovan would have told this to Izzo when it happened and to think that Izzo heard about it.

If that happens (edit - and it would likely come out in the impending AG report), Izzo will face a ton of scrutiny and much much louder calls for his head as he is really the public face of MSU.

This is Jeff Kovan if you don't know who he is by name. You all know him. We could call him white guy with red beard.

I agree on the Lyons statement.   Right or wrong the outcry won't stop until she's gone.

Help me out here on Kovan.   He was told of misconduct.   He reported it as required and is right.

You ask where it died?   I believe it was his report that led to the MSU police recommending charges and the Ingham County Prosecutor deciding not to bring them - the time frame fits.   I can't imagine he's found at fault in any way.

The News report is at least a little misleading because the title implies that 14 people knew over the years and didn't do anything. That's just not true.

Last edited by LooseGoose on 2018-01-20, 21:50; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-20, 21:50

So this is about harm done to MSU wags? Wut? This happened under her presidency. What the fuck are you talking about? Fuck MSU in this situation. Smh.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-20, 21:52

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:So this is about harm done to MSU wags? Wut? This happened under her presidency. What the fuck are you talking about? Fuck MSU in this situation. Smh.

Then, go all out. Athletic department needs to go to. Everyone. Tom Izzo is first. He’s going to be fried. He needs to go. Can’t ask for one thing and not the other.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-20, 21:54

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Yeah don’t know anything about that nor care but he’s right re Simon

Why wouldn’t you care about assault or ratting out a whistle blo-ar WTF?

Last edited by DWags on 2018-01-20, 21:56; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 25 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21 ... 25  Next