Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's with chicks "claiming" baby names?

+33
Turtleneck
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
Rocinante
The Pantry
Robert J Sakimano
tanfan!
Rook
Sponge Worthy
Crazy Jim9
Nommad2
AMwood
Rodeo Burger
ROtown Sparty
Fat Guy on Couch
Zeno
SpartanGuard
LoneWolfSparty
Larry Kazamias
Narwhal
Roger Waymeth
The Doctor
GRR Spartan
Giant Moose
goodbar
Chief Sparty
kingstonlake
Freddie_Quell
Stoops21
Cosmo_Kramer
WBill
Travis of the Cosmos
Senior Dickfist
37 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What's with chicks "claiming" baby names? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's with chicks "claiming" baby names?

Post by Zeno 6/3/2014, 10:43 am

Rocinante wrote:
So they go with Emily or Sophia?  If you want a unique name shoot for the moon.  Qwerty Sparklebottom __________.

Scuttlebutt InUtero _________
Zeno
Zeno
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

What's with chicks "claiming" baby names? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's with chicks "claiming" baby names?

Post by Fat Guy on Couch 6/3/2014, 11:06 am

SpartanGuard wrote: Though I don't know why they're trying to shotgun two of the most popular names for little girls right now...they're going to end up sorely disappointed when their someday-daughters get to preschool.

This is the weirdest part. I can sort of understand if there is some type of uncommon family name they want to name their non-existent future kid, and are worried in the off chance that a close friend also names their daughter Mabel.

But, that is obviously not the case, as they arer essentially saying that people they know can't name their child one of the most currently common names there is.

Photoshop some fake birth certificates with fake names of Emily and Sophia and hand them over with double middle fingers blazing once you have your child.

Fat Guy on Couch
Fat Guy on Couch
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by ROtown Sparty 6/3/2014, 12:31 pm

That's why people end up with such fucked up baby names. Name her Sofeya or Emalee, I bet they didn't call those.
ROtown Sparty
ROtown Sparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 6/3/2014, 12:54 pm

Te-tonga-awa-chi. It's the name the Native Americans in Dances With Wolves use to refer to buffalo.

But I'm calling that name, so none of you can use it.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 6/3/2014, 1:04 pm

luitentant....

What's with chicks "claiming" baby names? - Page 2 DWWTonka
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 6/3/2014, 1:08 pm

AMwood wrote:luitentant....

What's with chicks "claiming" baby names? - Page 2 DWWTonka

What's with chicks "claiming" baby names? - Page 2 Wind_in_his_hair
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nommad2 6/3/2014, 3:39 pm

y2kMgrad wrote:So tWife is pregnant and we found out a few weeks ago that we're having another girl. A week later, her cousin's wife told us we couldn't name her Sophia because that's what she is going to name her first girl. Then this past weekend a friend of ours told us not to name her Emily because she's claiming that name. WTF? Neither of these girls is even pregnant. We weren't considering either name but now I want to name her  Sophia Emily just to piss them both off.

Is this new? I don't remember going through this with our first one.
I just read a letter online to Parents magazine discussing the same thing. Basically, you have to decide what's more important to you: if that was name you really wanted, tell the friends, and see how they react. You'll either lose a friend, and get the name you want, or keep the friend, and decide on a different name. If it were me, I sure wouldn't let a friend dictate to me what name I can use for my child. I would tell them this  What's with chicks "claiming" baby names? - Page 2 2809484752 
Nommad2
Nommad2
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy Jim9 6/4/2014, 2:15 am

In honor of tSwill, you should just name her Guest!
Crazy Jim9
Crazy Jim9
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 6/4/2014, 4:57 am

Crazy Jim9 wrote:In honor of tSwill, you should just name her Guest!

hey fvck you, man! what have i ever done to you? stupid dickbag. i fucked your mom.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy 6/4/2014, 5:36 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

Seinfeld is not funny.

If I wasn't such a polite guy I'd tell you to fucking fuckk off!  Evil or Very Mad 
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy 6/4/2014, 5:37 pm

Crazy Jim9 wrote:In honor of tSwill, you should just name her Guest!

Sponge Worthy cannot ever be a female's name  tongue 
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook 6/4/2014, 6:01 pm

When ever someone says "don't name your child ____ we are calling dibs" quickly respond, with a gross face "no way I'd name a child that". Nothing pisses a women off worse that telling her the baby name she picked out sucks.

Speaking of names - name and additional pics of hottie in your avatar are required.
Rook
Rook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 6/4/2014, 6:21 pm

Sponge Worthy wrote:

If I wasn't such a polite guy I'd tell you to fucking fuckk off!  Evil or Very Mad 

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t1491-seinfeld-isn-t-funny
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 6/4/2014, 6:59 pm

Sponge Worthy wrote:

Sponge Worthy cannot ever be a female's name  tongue 
Worthy of a contraceptive sponge...?  What's with chicks "claiming" baby names? - Page 2 2599972566 

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 6/4/2014, 7:03 pm

The Pantry wrote:I'd go with a stripper name like Cherry, Misty or Bambi

Me too. Don't forget Summer!
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 1/27/2019, 4:36 pm

Can’t believe how time flies. Eunice Ruth will be starting kindergarten in the fall.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 1/27/2019, 4:59 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Can’t believe how time flies. Eunice Ruth will be starting kindergarten in the fall.

I think he named his daughter Harbaugh Beilein.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 1/27/2019, 5:34 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Can’t believe how time flies. Eunice Ruth will be starting kindergarten in the fall.

I think he named his daughter Harbaugh Beilein.

Shame. I kind of liked Brandy Hoke. Of course, u til Y2K tells us, the little rugbug can have any name we give her.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 1/27/2019, 11:16 pm

I don’t understand why everyone leaves us. This board is great!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 1/28/2019, 12:23 am

Rocinante wrote:I don’t understand why everyone leaves us. This board is great!

Maybe it’s you. What's with chicks "claiming" baby names? - Page 2 2599972566
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 1/28/2019, 5:29 am

Rocinante wrote:I don’t understand why everyone leaves us. This board is great!
I read the the entire first page and was thinking "never heard of 99% of these people"...What's with chicks "claiming" baby names? - Page 2 502811600

tSwill is great because of our modest numbers.. I'd rather be with 3-4 folks at a table in the dark corner of a bar versus a crowded bar with everyone having to shout over each other.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 1/28/2019, 5:54 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I don’t understand why everyone leaves us.  This board is great!
I read the the entire first page and was thinking "never heard of 99% of these people"...What's with chicks "claiming" baby names? - Page 2 502811600

tSwill is great because of our modest numbers.. I'd rather be with 3-4 folks at a table in the dark corner of a bar versus a crowded bar with everyone having to shout over each other.
Feel the same.  Really bummed Goose checked out.  He was part of the family here.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 1/28/2019, 6:15 am

The Pantry wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Feel the same.  Really bummed Goose checked out.  He was part of the family here.
yep - it ain't for everyone.. Goose knows I dig him.

RIP to the Goose..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 1/28/2019, 1:56 pm

What's with chicks "claiming" baby names? - Page 2 502811600 time definitely flies. Eunice is doing great! But tWife and I have a disagreement about kindergarten in the fall. She was a September baby so the wife wants to keep her in preschool another year. But I’m sick of paying for preschool/daycare so I think she’ll be fine to start kindergarten. So we’ll see in about 6 months.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 1/28/2019, 1:59 pm

Also nice bump. I forgot all about this thread lol.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 1/28/2019, 2:45 pm

y2kMgrad wrote:

What's with chicks "claiming" baby names? - Page 2 502811600 time definitely flies. Eunice is doing great! But tWife and I have a disagreement about kindergarten in the fall. She was a September baby so the wife wants to keep her in preschool another year. But I’m sick of paying for preschool/daycare so I think she’ll be fine to start kindergarten. So we’ll see in about 6 months.

Listen to your wife.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 1/28/2019, 6:37 pm

Rocinante wrote:
y2kMgrad wrote:

Listen to your wife.

This.  There is no advantage for your kid to start early. There are plenty of advantages to start late. She'll be more developed physically, mentally and socially. Think about when she's of driving age. Do you want your 15 yes old riding around in an automous vehicle with potentially 17 yr olds... hands free??? Or do you want your kid to be oldest of her peer group?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 1/28/2019, 9:00 pm

Nordic wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Listen to your wife.

This.  There is no advantage for your kid to start early. There are plenty of advantages to start late. She'll be more developed physically, mentally and socially. Think about when she's of driving age. Do you want your 15 yes old riding around in an automous vehicle with potentially 17 yr olds... hands free??? Or do you want your kid to be oldest of her peer group?

Yeah, I'll probably defer to my wife on this one. She's a teacher so she would know better than I would. It's just that we had our kids 4 years apart so I've basically been paying $10k/year for daycare for the last 8 years. Guess it'll be 9 now. Neutral
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 1/28/2019, 9:09 pm

Nordic wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Listen to your wife.

Alternatively, as one being able to drive earlier than others, she’ll be expected to be the taxi service for the rest of her group. I speak from experience. Being one of the oldest did have a few drawbacks.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 1/28/2019, 9:20 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Alternatively, as one being able to drive earlier than others, she’ll be expected to be the taxi service for the rest of her group. I speak from experience. Being one of the oldest did have a few drawbacks.

This is a plus in my book.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 1/28/2019, 10:15 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I don’t understand why everyone leaves us.  This board is great!

I don’t care if it is 3-4 people in a dark corner or a crowded bar because I do not plan to talk to any of you and will instead play on my phone the whole time. What was that Travis? You went to Cleveland for vacation? Cool, but I am busy playing on Twitter right now so by.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 1/28/2019, 10:26 pm

I’d give advice but it would be like taking hygiene advice from somebody who has jock itch and foot fungus. Good luck with your choice y2k
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 1/28/2019, 10:35 pm

DWags wrote:I’d give advice but it would be like taking hygiene advice from somebody who has jock itch and foot fungus. Good luck with your choice y2k

Aren't your girls MSU cheerleaders? Seems you did pretty good Dwags!
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 1/28/2019, 10:39 pm

Jesus y2k, I know you're sick of footing the bill for daycare but DO NOT start your kid early! Unless your child is exceptionally mature. My daughter had a couple of 4 year olds in her K class this year and they were not near ready. Not even close.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 1/28/2019, 10:46 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Jesus y2k, I know you're sick of footing the bill for daycare but DO NOT start your kid early! Unless your child is exceptionally mature. My daughter had a couple of 4 year olds in her K class this year and they were not near ready. Not even close.

I hear what you're saying. I really do. But if she was born mid August instead of mid September would she still be early? Is a month that big of a deal at that age? Anyway like I said I'll defer to her on this one because she's a teacher so she knows better than I about these things. I just hate paying that bill every month.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 1/28/2019, 10:52 pm

Every kid is different. You have to judge for yourself where your daughter lies in that spectrum.

I will tell you that you might be the UMAA maybe couple years younger version of me. My wife is also a teacher (K-5). My son (now in 3rd grade) is a September birthday. He could have started early. Like you, I deferred to the expert. Honestly our dynamics are weird, my wife is not pushy at all but I know what her areas of expertise are and I just roll with it and she does likewise. Anyway, point being.....3 years later, my son would be absolutely sunk if we had tried to start him early. Mentally, emotionally. Every kid is different. But don't do it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 1/28/2019, 10:53 pm

If you start them later, don’t they dominate at sports and get scholarship offers?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 1/28/2019, 10:54 pm

Can we use this thread to talk about chicks with dicks?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 1/28/2019, 11:00 pm

I propose we talk MAC wrestling.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 1/28/2019, 11:01 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Every kid is different. You have to judge for yourself where your daughter lies in that spectrum.

I will tell you that you might be the UMAA maybe couple years younger version of me. My wife is also a teacher (K-5).  My son (now in 3rd grade) is a September birthday. He could have started early. Like you, I deferred to the expert. Honestly our dynamics are weird, my wife is not pushy at all but I know what her areas of expertise are and I just roll with it and she does likewise. Anyway, point being.....3 years later, my son would be absolutely sunk if we had tried to start him early. Mentally, emotionally. Every kid is different. But don't do it.

Good points all. And I agree. I'll suck it up and defer, and it'll likely be the correct decision. That's why we have wives to help us with this shit.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next