Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

+26
PSUfan28
Heat Miser
Wally Fairway
WhiteBoyHatcher
Herbie Green
MSU addict
The Pantry
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
Senior Dickfist
GRR Spartan
Tim Wakefield
Cym Jim
aualum06
tTy
NigelUno
Bob Lee Swagger
Rocinante
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Death Roe
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
tGreenWay
MattyFresh
30 posters

Page 7 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 7 Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-09-16, 14:54

MattyFresh wrote:You're right about City, watch Arsenal turn that shit show around or something more weird. League could be more wide open with the Big 6 all in European league too.... but hey ManU spends truck loads and rinho just complains and is smug while making excuses like Baugh.  I mean Liverpool did win the CL in 05..... I think ManU won it with SAF two years later... so big time international is similar.  Klopp is just a great guy, he's energetic, happy and gives good hugs lol.
We also won the CL in 99, and made it to 3 finals in 4 years from 08-11. Won the league when we won the CL in 99 and 08. How'd you do in the league in 05? It really sounds delusional to say that they are similar in big time internationals. It would be like me saying that United were similar to Liverpool in Europe in the late 80s /early 90s because we won the Cup Winners Cup (only the league champions played in the European Cup then).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 7 Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-16, 14:57

I think the college comparison is causing too much problems here.   I'll say that ManU is like the Yankees...

oh and...
Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 7 Giphy
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-16, 15:05

WHO DOESNT LOVE KLOPP MATTY AND WHY? IS THEIR HEART BROKE?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-09-16, 16:13

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:WHO DOESNT LOVE KLOPP MATTY AND WHY? IS THEIR HEART BROKE?
Again, that's what UM fans say about Harbaugh (reminds me of the "who's got it better than us?").

Look, they're both lunatics. Different types of lunatics, but lunatics nonetheless. Both have the media slurp them even when they accomplish less than their predecessors.

I really can't say that my heart is broke because we don't have a manager with a worse record than Brendan Rogers had.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-09-16, 16:24

Spurs tied travis. Thankfully I did not watch.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-16, 16:50

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:WHO DOESNT LOVE KLOPP MATTY AND WHY? IS THEIR HEART BROKE?
Again, that's what UM fans say about Harbaugh (reminds me of the "who's got it better than us?").

Look, they're both lunatics.  Different types of lunatics, but lunatics nonetheless.  Both have the media slurp them even when they accomplish less than their predecessors.  

I really can't say that my heart is broke because we don't have a manager with a worse record than Brendan Rogers had.
Um fans do not. Maybe idiot I'm fans. My siblings are Michigan alums. Assholes they are. Anyway... they totally recognize why I think he sucks. Of course they like him, but they understand. I can't comprehend why you wouldn't like klopp. You're just trying too hard there.

Also Brendan Rogers was given keys to a Ferrari. Klopp got a 96 buick. You're still trying too hard.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-16, 17:13

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 7 Tumblr_oo3poox2lN1v85rsuo2_500
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-16, 17:14

and

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 7 Tumblr_odmcy16VfE1v85rsuo5_400
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-09-16, 17:38

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Look, they're both lunatics.  Different types of lunatics, but lunatics nonetheless.  Both have the media slurp them even when they accomplish less than their predecessors.  

Um fans do not. Maybe idiot I'm fans. My siblings are Michigan alums. Assholes they are. Anyway... they totally recognize why I think he sucks. Of course they like him, but they understand. I can't comprehend why you wouldn't like klopp. You're just trying too hard there.

Also Brendan Rogers was given keys to a Ferrari. Klopp got a 96 buick. You're still trying too hard.
It's very shocking that a fan of Team A does not understand why a fan of Team B would dislike a player/coach from Team A. That's got to be something new in sports. Just because your UM family are rational and/or humor you, doesn't mean that they don't cuddle up with a Harbaugh doll at night.

I don't dislike, nor do I like, Klopp more than any other opposing coach. I did say he's a lunatic and the media slurps him unlike anyone else in the league. I do dislike the free pass that the media gives him. Ooh, because he smiles and schpeeks in ze German accent, it's so funny, so let's just forget that he's being just as much of a liar, hypocrite, and excuse maker as every other manager (note that I'm not saying those things are exclusive to Klopp, just that he doesn't get called out for it).

I can't help but think of the parole board in the Simpsons, hearing sideshow Bob explain that his "Die Bart, Die" tatoo is just German for "The Bart, The". The lady on the board says, "No one who speaks German can be a bad person".

The media sucking him off isn't Klopp's fault, but it is a similarity with Harbaugh. As is being a bit crazy. Nothing wrong with that, just a similarity with Harbaugh. That's all.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-16, 17:40

Nah you're just trying too hard.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-16, 17:44

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Nah you're just trying too hard.

yup
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-09-16, 18:04

Says the guys that can't comprehend how anyone, even opposing fans, can't be in love with their team's coach. No blind homerism there. Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 7 502811600

Interesting that neither of you have disputed that he is crazy or that the media gives him a free pass.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-16, 18:16

hes brilliant and he sang happy birthday to me

MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-17, 07:08

Michigan vs. Michigan State Soccer — Big Ten Network, noon
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-09-17, 09:11

Atlanta draws in front of 70,425 fans

Might outdraw the Falcons-Packers game.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-17, 16:49

Floyd Robertson wrote:Michigan vs. Michigan State Soccer — Big Ten Network, noon

MSU winner 1-0, goal came at 99:29 (silly kind of game clock if you ask me), 7-0 on the season now, ranked #6 (very cool).
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-17, 17:56

I'm not reading this whole thread, did we know MSU soccer is #5 in the nation?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-17, 23:11

So, we won this thing again

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 7 Xnrcj5
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-17, 23:12

DWags wrote:So, we won this thing again

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 7 Xnrcj5

I WANT ONE!!!!! also why is BT on?
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-22, 09:00

Michigan State men's soccer ranked No. 1 in one national poll, hosts No. 3 Maryland Friday

MSU Soccer has really hit the B1G time.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-09-22, 09:45

Floyd Robertson wrote:Michigan State men's soccer ranked No. 1 in one national poll, hosts No. 3 Maryland Friday

Even when talking about Soccer, its derogatory.

But in two other polls, MSU isn't quite near the top. The Spartans are No. 6 in the United Soccer Coaches Poll and No. 9 in the one put out by College Soccer News.
What's the point of even adding the bolded part? Which poll is generally recognized? I have no idea. Congratulations to MSU though for being a pretty solid team.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-22, 10:04

InTenSity wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Michigan State men's soccer ranked No. 1 in one national poll, hosts No. 3 Maryland Friday

Even when talking about Soccer, its derogatory.

But in two other polls, MSU isn't quite near the top. The Spartans are No. 6 in the United Soccer Coaches Poll and No. 9 in the one put out by College Soccer News.
What's the point of even adding the bolded part? Which poll is generally recognized? I have no idea. Congratulations to MSU though for being a pretty solid team.

Yeah, this sounds like college baseball where there are 5-6 polls and none of them really official.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-22, 20:44

Did we win?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-22, 21:00

MSU Men's Soccer‏ @MSUmsoccer
End of regulation we are STILL scoreless!
#DefendDeMartin

record-setting crowd of 4,678
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-22, 21:06

End of regulation... they got overtime?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-22, 21:15

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:End of regulation... they got overtime?
Twisted Evil
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-22, 21:16

If neither team scores at the end of the second overtime, the game will result in a draw, which would be MSU's first draw of the season.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-22, 21:34

and we draw
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-22, 21:39

Well that seems okay. Of course I didn't know we were any good until yesterday so what do I know
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-22, 21:40

yeah same, but 5k at Demartin is pretty effin cray
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-22, 21:43

MattyFresh wrote:If neither team scores at the end of the second overtime, the game will result in a draw, which would be MSU's first draw of the season.

They don't have shootouts?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-22, 22:12

DWags wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:If neither team scores at the end of the second overtime, the game will result in a draw, which would be MSU's first draw of the season.

Evil or Very Mad
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-09-22, 22:24

DWags wrote:

It's an abomination that they even have overtime in a game that can end in a draw. It's not regular season NCAA hockey or mid 80s-mid 00s NHL fergodsakes.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-22, 22:28

Why doesn't the college game have shootouts? What's the theory?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-09-22, 22:51

Went for the first half. Boring.

Went to Dagwwods.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-22, 22:54

NigelUno wrote:Went for the first half. Boring.

Went to Dagwwods.

what did you eat?
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-09-22, 23:29

DWags wrote:Why doesn't the college game have shootouts? What's the theory?
No idea. I don't think it was like that 25 years ago (I didn't play at State, but would catch a few games), but I don't know when they changed it.

Edit: Misread the question. It's not why doesn't the college game have shootouts, but why do they have OT in the regular season for games that can end in a draw. Typically in soccer, after full time, if it's tied, it ends as a tie. Extra Time (Over time) and a shootout are only used in elimination games like a playoff format, and I'm sure college has it like that for the tournaments. But I've never heard of having Extra Time just to still end the game in a draw.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-24, 00:42

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:i didn't see it

i know so i recorded Klopps reaction for you after Henderson scored the game winner. 5 times...

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 7 Giphy
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-24, 00:44

<3
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-24, 00:46

#Klopp2MSU
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next