Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

+26
PSUfan28
Heat Miser
Wally Fairway
WhiteBoyHatcher
Herbie Green
MSU addict
The Pantry
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
Senior Dickfist
GRR Spartan
Tim Wakefield
Cym Jim
aualum06
tTy
NigelUno
Bob Lee Swagger
Rocinante
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Death Roe
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
tGreenWay
MattyFresh
30 posters

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 13 Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by Turtleneck Sat 28 Oct 2017 - 14:09

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:you guys realize that's a semi pro team in Detroit or 4th division that averaged nearly 5k this year, I went to one of their matches a while back while in town and it was pretty crazy. Obviously it was nothing compared to the Sounders match I went to a few years back, that was super crazy

Yeah, I know. And they’re fucking assholes hipster douchebags about it. They could be cool and say “yeah let’s bring in mls and we’ll do the same stuff and get a ton more people involved” but instead they want to keep their little club thing so they can be ironic or whatever and they don’t want the big guy moving into town so they don’t become irrelevant. Fuck them on every fucking level matty. Fuck them. I hope the team folds.

I bet they also complain about America's lack of appreciation for soccer...but then do not do anything to make the American soccer experience inclusive.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 13 Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by Turtleneck Sat 28 Oct 2017 - 14:10

MattyFresh wrote:

Yeah, I know. And they’re fucking assholes hipster douchebags about it. They could be cool and say “yeah let’s bring in mls and we’ll do the same stuff and get a ton more people involved” but instead they want to keep their little club thing so they can be ironic or whatever and they don’t want the big guy moving into town so they don’t become irrelevant. Fuck them on every fucking level matty. Fuck them. I hope the team folds.

I feel like Travis has been wronged by DCFC in some manner, were you denied the mascot position?

Fixed
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat 28 Oct 2017 - 14:12

Turtleneck wrote:

I bet they also complain about America's lack of appreciation for soccer...but then do not do anything to make the American soccer experience inclusive.

Yes. That is exactly the type of people we’re talking about.

And matty, yeah, they’ve wrong me. They’re trying to stop us from getting an mls team. Fuck them and their shitty dumb beards and shit
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Sat 28 Oct 2017 - 14:13

Turtleneck wrote:

Yes. That is exactly the type of people we’re talking about.

And matty, yeah, they’ve wrong me. They’re trying to stop us from getting an mls team. Fuck them and their shitty dumb beards and shit

Oh I actually haven't been staying on the up and up on how we're approaching the MLS thing beyond our stadium, if that's their angle, fuck them, fuck them in their asses

MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat 28 Oct 2017 - 14:14

There we go matty
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Sat 28 Oct 2017 - 14:15

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:There we go matty

and sorry about the mascot thing
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat 28 Oct 2017 - 14:23

It’s no biggie if I were their mascot I would intentionally let the other teams mascot beat me up just to make their fans sad
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Sat 28 Oct 2017 - 14:25

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:It’s no biggie if I were their mascot I would intentionally let the other teams mascot beat me up just to make their fans sad

probably cost you the job when you said that in the interview
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 28 Oct 2017 - 14:32

Also sorry about the mascot thing, Travis. Things will turn around soon.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat 28 Oct 2017 - 23:30

Go white ghost! Is this on tv?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 28 Oct 2017 - 23:43

gHost Spartan wrote:Spartans play Indiana tomorrow for the Big Ten Championship in men's soccer. Go Green!

Travis does not care because it’s not Euro kickball.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat 28 Oct 2017 - 23:56

Turtleneck wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:Spartans play Indiana tomorrow for the Big Ten Championship in men's soccer. Go Green!

I have a reason to root for MSU soccer turtleneck. My best research suggests that it is not on tv
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 29 Oct 2017 - 0:05

Turtleneck wrote:

I have a reason to root for MSU soccer turtleneck. My best research suggests that it is not on tv

Whatever Travis ‘Benedict Arnold’ of the Cosmos.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 29 Oct 2017 - 0:10

The username thing is pretty played Turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun 29 Oct 2017 - 9:49

Turtleneck wrote:

Liverpool level research, Trav.

It's on ESPNU at 3pm
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Sun 29 Oct 2017 - 13:06

GO WHITE!!!
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 29 Oct 2017 - 13:08

MiamiSpartan wrote:

It's on ESPNU at 3pm

I don’t get ESPNu Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 13 1f62a
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun 29 Oct 2017 - 13:57

MiamiSpartan wrote:

It's on ESPNU at 3pm

I don’t get ESPNu Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 13 1f62a
Liverpool level cable/satellite subscription.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 29 Oct 2017 - 13:58

MiamiSpartan wrote:

If it were a Man U level cable subscription it would be....

Um....

Look I don’t know where I’m going with this but you couldn’t score a goal against Liverpool lol who’s does that
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun 29 Oct 2017 - 14:22

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Um....

Look I don’t know where I’m going with this but you couldn’t score a goal against Liverpool lol who’s does that
Jose is a pussy sometimes. Most embarrassing result of the season for us, to be sure.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Sun 29 Oct 2017 - 15:45

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Um....

ManU would be a satellite subscription with all the channels, likely to fail when faced with adversity but loaded with options and expensive.

Last edited by MattyFresh on Sun 29 Oct 2017 - 15:47; edited 1 time in total
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Sun 29 Oct 2017 - 15:46

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Um....

Jose is a pussy sometimes. Most embarrassing result of the season for us, to be sure.

not losing to newly promoted Huddersfield ? Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 13 1494614055
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 29 Oct 2017 - 15:53

Why are we losing
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 29 Oct 2017 - 16:18

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Why are we losing

"we"?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 29 Oct 2017 - 16:31

Msu Turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun 29 Oct 2017 - 17:36

MattyFresh wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

not losing to newly promoted Huddersfield ? Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 13 1494614055
Drawing Liverpool is more embarassing.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun 29 Oct 2017 - 17:39

MattyFresh wrote:

Um....

ManU would be a satellite subscription with all the channels, likely to fail when faced with adversity but loaded with options and expensive.
Satellite subscriptions weren't even a thing the last time Liverpool won the league.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun 29 Oct 2017 - 17:40

MSU and Indiana drew 1-1. Ref was dogshit.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 29 Oct 2017 - 18:17

Want it the champ game? So what does that mean.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun 29 Oct 2017 - 19:08

No, it was the regular season finale. They just happened be tied for first and playing each other on the final day.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 29 Oct 2017 - 19:10

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Want it the champ game? So what does that mean.

Usually a championship game means the winner is the champion.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 2 Nov 2017 - 16:22

It sounds like the Detroit MLS bid might be abandoning building a new stadium at the ridiculous jail site and instead are bringing the Fords into it with the goal being that they’d play at Ford Field.

I do not like the idea of watching games inside of a fuckin warehouse in July when I could be outside. But, it’s better than nothing I guess if that’s the route it goes.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 2 Nov 2017 - 16:28

Here’s a link. It is unclear if the Ford Field idea would be temporary or permanent

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.freep.com/amp/823112001

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 2 Nov 2017 - 16:36

Is this thread still about soccer?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 2 Nov 2017 - 16:42

tGreenWay wrote:Is this thread still about soccer?

I do not understand why you continue to click on it. Not doing that is in fact an option greenway.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu 2 Nov 2017 - 16:46

A major professional soccer league should not be allowed to play on artificial turf.  I know that several MLS teams do, and a few European teams do as well (usually much smaller teams with limited resources in Europe and other countries), but it's terrible.  

Ok, yeah, it's better than the old school Astro Turf that the Detroit Express, NY Cosmos, and some other old NASL teams from the 70s/80s played on.  That shit's awful.  Like playing on concrete.  I've had my unfortunate share of soccer-playing on that stuff, from Flint's Atwood Stadium to Spartan Stadium.

But the field turf still sucks for soccer.

That's my cloud yelling for the day.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 2 Nov 2017 - 16:49

tGreenWay wrote:Is this thread still about soccer?

I do not understand why you continue to click on it. Not doing that is in fact an option greenway.

I don't click on it, which is why I asked if it was still about soccer. If I clicked on it, I'd know if was still about soccer or not. Now, please unbunch your panties and answer my damn question.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 2 Nov 2017 - 16:52

MiamiSpartan wrote:A major professional soccer league should not be allowed to play on artificial turf.  I know that several MLS teams do, and a few European teams do as well (usually much smaller teams with limited resources in Europe and other countries), but it's terrible.  

Ok, yeah, it's better than the old school Astro Turf that the Detroit Express, NY Cosmos, and some other old NASL teams from the 70s/80s played on.  That shit's awful.  Like playing on concrete.  I've had my unfortunate share of soccer-playing on that stuff, from Flint's Atwood Stadium to Spartan Stadium.

But the field turf still sucks for soccer.

That's my cloud yelling for the day.

I totally agree, and indoors on top of it. I mean, I want a team here and if that’s the only way then I’m sure I’ll come to peace with it, but I don’t like it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 10 Nov 2017 - 16:49

Soccer is the worst and I hate it.

Italy lost to Sweden 1-0 and while it was only the road first leg, there’s some work for them to do on Monday for this to not be the worst World Cup ever
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon 13 Nov 2017 - 13:33

Suck it Travis and Matty, UNITED ARE CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(in shirt sales)

We're #1!  We're #1!
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next