Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

+35
AvgMSUJoe
TheReal_LWS
Jethro Bodeen
NWSpartan
AnomanderRake
SawGreen
aualum06
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Da Mayor
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
Wally Fairway
I.B. Fine
MiamiSpartan
Watch Out Pylon!
Jake from State Farm
tGreenWay
InTenSity
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
MattyFresh
Tim Wakefield
Travis of the Cosmos
By-Tor
NigelUno
Clarett's Folly
Rocinante
Cameron
MSU addict
Blaine Fabin
steveschneider
Nordic
Floyd Robertson
39 posters

Page 14 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Go down

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 14 Empty Re: POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:42 pm

What the flying fuck is going on?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 14 Empty Re: POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

Post by aualum06 Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:51 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:What the flying fuck is going on?

Sick men covering for each other at every turn. Wtf.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:20 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Wally Fairway wrote:
yeah - of all the failure to report cases, hers (IMO) is the worst .... well maybe behind Geddert
yeah, I imagine Klages and Geddert aren't sleeping very well at night. Nor should they. They deserve everything that (hopefully) is coming to them.

Bob, I have no idea what to believe in or even speculate on anymore.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:37 pm

Dantonio in the fray...

https://twitter.com/DantonioMark/status/978776980362612736

(don't know how to embed a fucking tweet)
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:52 pm

An "auto generated" photo? Yeah, fuck off guy.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:08 pm

Denhollander's husband trying to get his 15 minutes by being the great defender.......makes me want to puke.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:49 pm

SawGreen wrote:Dantonio in the fray...

https://twitter.com/DantonioMark/status/978776980362612736

(don't know how to embed a fucking tweet)

Don't fuck with Dantonio when it comes to Sadler. He loved that kid. He couldn't hold his tongue anymore. Good for him. I hope he verbally undresses Murphy the next time that twat shows up in EL.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:50 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Denhollander's husband trying to get his 15 minutes by being the great defender.......makes me want to puke.
Before you go off on others, let me ask you this.
Has anything that MSU done want to make you puke?

Because the more that comes out - Strampel being a perv, his personnel file with reviews that show others knew he was a problem, with that being known he was allowed actively participate in the Nassar investigation.
Call it was it is - they let the fox stay in charge of the hen house, or more accurately the perv be in charge of supervising the worst sexual predator.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:57 pm

Wally Fairway wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Denhollander's husband trying to get his 15 minutes by being the great defender.......makes me want to puke.

Are you saying we can’t be outraged at Nassar and Strample and Klages and the trainers and still be outraged at a “news organization” which is very purposefully thrying to disparage good people who happen to be coaches in programs at MSU? Because it seems that’s what you’re implying. Now Mike Saddler? Are you saying they’re mutually exclusive? One or the other? We cant be pissed off at both?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:08 pm

Wally Fairway wrote:

Because the more that comes out - Strampel being a perv, his personnel file with reviews that show others knew he was a problem, with that being known he was allowed actively participate in the Nassar investigation.
Call it was it is - they let the fox stay in charge of the hen house, or more accurately the perv be in charge of supervising the worst sexual predator.
I don't begrudge the man his hostility, I just wish he could differentiate a little. What happened to his wife is unimaginable, ESPN dragging Izzo and Dantonio into that story was bad, mixing in Sadler was incredibly, stupidly over the line.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:45 pm

Wally Fairway wrote:

I've got lots to be pissed at how MSU has handled this. That doesn't give every Tom, Dick and Harry a free pass to take cheap shots.

I knew this was going to be ugly for us when I linked the original IndyStar story long before this thread, I still don't know how LAKS and Hollis couldn't see that and TRY to get in front of it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:21 pm

Wally Fairway wrote:

How does that justify tying the revenue sports to it? And does he, as the spouse of a plaintiff in the lawsuit, have anything to gain by trying to perpetuate the idea of a system-wide cover up that includes sports that rake in hundreds of millions of dollars to the University.

I'm not dismissing what he and his courageous wife have been through by any means (she's a hero!), but at this point isn't it logical to assume that the lawyers have at the very least instructed them on kinds of things that they should or shouldn't say/type publicly?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:38 pm

Damn man. I want justice for all in this, but I think the term "alleged" needs to carry some weight until this all comes out. I see people rushing to the judgements they want all over again.... like calling out a loss to Duke ahead of time for a big "I told you so" later.

After this whole affair, tied with the ESPN deal, I've changed... with heavy doses of "if" and "IMO".
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:51 pm

I was just asking a question, because I read a lot about what pisses people off about ESPN, and the Free Press and other national media coverage, but I don't see many comments about how MSU got into this mess.
And I'm not saying that MSU is responsible for everything that Nassar did, but they didn't have the right people in the right places with the right training or commitment to do the right thing that stopped him when they could have.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:02 pm

Plenty of people are very pissed off at Nassar, Strampel, Klages, Lemmen, etc. Even Simon, the BoT, etc.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:08 pm

Wally Fairway wrote:I was just asking a question, because I read a lot about what pisses people off about ESPN, and the Free Press and other national media coverage, but I don't see many comments about how MSU got into this mess.
And I'm not saying that MSU is responsible for everything that Nassar did, but they didn't have the right people in the right places with the right training or commitment to do the right thing that stopped him when they could have.

I think a few bad people in the right places are capable of getting away with a lot. I just don't think the checks and balances are built in to the thwart bad people in positions of power, influence and authority.

But, the times, they are changing. I think victims won't be as afraid to come forward as they once we're and the threat of that may be the best prevention.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:32 pm

I don't know, I'm just gonna rant a bit here. I've maintained from the beginning that the optics of everyone rushing to the defense of the MBB/FB program was bad optics. It was and it still is. But that doesn't mean that there isn't reason to rush to their defense.

I've yet to meet an educated alumnus who isn't outraged about Nassar, and those who enabled him. And like I said above, in most cases that extends as far as Simon and the BoT, not that many believe they covered for him, but in how they acted in the aftermath. It was deplorable and it cost Simon her job, deservedly so.

And this Strampel stuff - we only know what he is accused of, we don't know if he actually did any of it or not. And I kind of hope he did personally because I DO find him culpable in allowing Nassar to continue to prey on people after formal accusations and the TIX hearing - but I don't think that's necessarily prosecutable.

However, that said, even IF Strampel is guilty of these crimes he is accused of - I'm still having a really hard time concluding that MSU is an institution that covers up sexual assault. We're talking about one pillar of the community type serial predator who worked in one department and whose boss might have been a pervert.

We also know that the band director has been accused of being a perv. And we know that ESPN tried to rope in the MBB/FB programs due to some public incidents over a ~ 20ish year period which all appear to have been adjudicated properly.

I still have a hard time concluding that on a campus of 50,000 students, with probably 10,000 faculty members, that this is an institutional problem. Where are the examples of similar happenings in the College of Ed? In the Broad College? RHA? Engineering? The Baseball team? I mean I have to believe the entire freaking University has been FOIA'd at this point.

If there is a problem that is truly institutional, and not just a microcosm of societal and campus culture in this time in this country, I'm all for cleaning it all up by any measures necessary. However, my eyes are wide open and I just have not seen evidence of that.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:07 am

Wally Fairway wrote:I was just asking a question, because I read a lot about what pisses people off about ESPN, and the Free Press and other national media coverage, but I don't see many comments about how MSU got into this mess.

So we need to just take it when ESPN disparages good people? What’s your point? We have to always defer to our outrage at Nassar and if news organizations sweep up everything in an accusatory fashion we say, “oh well, we deserve that”.

If that’s the question you’re asking my answer is fuck that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:31 am

Really? Have you not read the 14 pages of this thread, or the other lengthy Nassar-related threads over the past 18 or so months? Everyone has expressed their outrage and disgust of everything many times over.

In the ESPN thread yesterday you said no one from MSU has talked about changes or been conciliatory, yet that's most of what Engler has been saying since he came on board. Now you're saying no one is commenting on how MSU got into this mess, yet that's what everyone has been saying for 18 months.

I just have to wonder if you have actually been paying attention to what has been said by those you're criticizing.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:44 am

Regarding WBH's post above, if there's anything that the MeToo movement has taught us is that there are a lot more lecherous scumbags all around than we would have thought. This has included many in academia, but most of those will not even make a big headline in local news near an institution let alone national news.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:04 am

while I'd obviously never, ever, defend any of these horrific stories coming out - I do think it's a systemic issue that doesn't stop at the boundaries of Harrison, Mt. Hope, Hagadorn and Grand River in little 'ol East Lansing, Michigan. This is a societal issue. We as a society and culture need to raise our children (boys) to be better.

We need to empower and believe girls and women. We need to listen to and support each other when someone speaks out. Throw the book at Strampel if he's guilty of the things he's charged with. He ever deserves to come in contact with functional society again. We need to shine a light in every corner of our society - I suspect we'd all be surprised by what we might find.

This is on us. We can change this sad trajectory society has been on - and is currently still on. But we're going to have to have honest, uncomfortable conversations. We're going to have to hold each other and ourselves accountable.

We're only past the point of no return as a society if we want to be.

oh - and f**k ESPN. They're part of the problem.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:08 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:while I'd obviously never, ever, defend any of these horrific stories coming out - I do think it's a systemic issue that doesn't stop at the boundaries of Harrison, Mt. Hope, Hagadorn and Grand River in little 'ol East Lansing, Michigan. This is a societal issue. We as a society and culture need to raise our children (boys) to be better.

We need to empower and believe girls and women. We need to listen to and support each other when someone speaks out. Throw the book at Strampel if he's guilty of the things he's charged with. He ever deserves to come in contact with functional society again. We need to shine a light in every corner of our society - I suspect we'd all be surprised by what we might find.

This is on us. We can change this sad trajectory society has been on - and is currently still on. But we're going to have to have honest, uncomfortable conversations. We're going to have to hold each other and ourselves accountable.

Women also need to stop making false accusations.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:23 am

Well said Bob
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:24 am

This would be good for all...and would truly let the healing begin.

Michigan State restarting settlement talks with Nassar victims
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:26 am

Da Mayor wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:while I'd obviously never, ever, defend any of these horrific stories coming out - I do think it's a systemic issue that doesn't stop at the boundaries of Harrison, Mt. Hope, Hagadorn and Grand River in little 'ol East Lansing, Michigan. This is a societal issue. We as a society and culture need to raise our children (boys) to be better.

yes, people shouldn't lie.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:26 am

DWags wrote:Well said Bob
thanks, man.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:27 am

LooseGoose wrote:This would be good for all...and would truly let the healing begin.

Michigan State restarting settlement talks with Nassar victims
saw that last night and thought the same thing.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:30 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Da Mayor wrote:

yes, people shouldn't lie.

They also shouldn't misconstrue regret as coercion.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:51 pm

Long series of tweets here from Harns on Strampel....he's the go to reporter on this whole issue.

https://twitter.com/DavidHarns/status/978804545697566721
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:20 pm

I won't blame Hollis for anything having to do with Strampel. He had a trainer and 2 coaches who protected Nassar and that's on him and his leadership.

I'm waiting for the next shoe to drop and we find that Strampel and Nassar knew of each others deviant interests and coordinated to get away with their behavior for 2 decades.

LAKS' insistence on being "by the book" made it easier for both Strampel and Nassar to avoid serious a more critical eye.

Nassar and Strampel depended on their victim's complaints and warnings because of their positions and reputations. The last thing LAKS or the BOT ever expected was the dean of Osteopathic Medical school to be hitting on female students for sexual favors and keeping video of a Nassar "treatment" stored on his computer.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:57 am

a lengthy article (mainly) on Geddert via CNN.. if 1/10th of this is true, dude deserves to rot in hell.

The Gym Built on Fear
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:43 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:a lengthy article (mainly) on Geddert via CNN.. if 1/10th of this is true, dude deserves to rot in hell.

The Gym Built on Fear

I'm surprised you believe in hell, Bob. scratch
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:54 pm

Wtf

Dean Strampel began a meeting by announcing he couldn't refer to students as his children anymore.

"Except Breanna’s baby," he said, indicating Bre O’Keefe, a student who was seven months pregnant. "That’s my kid."

O’Keefe calls it "one of the most humiliating moments of my life." Several classmates asked her if it true. It wasn't.

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2018/03/29/students-msu-michigan-state-william-strampel-groped-pornography-assault-dean/469322002/
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:02 pm

aualum06 wrote:Wtf

Dean Strampel began a meeting by announcing he couldn't refer to students as his children anymore.

"Except Breanna’s baby," he said, indicating Bre O’Keefe, a student who was seven months pregnant. "That’s my kid."

O’Keefe calls it "one of the most humiliating moments of my life." Several classmates asked her if it true. It wasn't.

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2018/03/29/students-msu-michigan-state-william-strampel-groped-pornography-assault-dean/469322002/

Not surprised. The military produces meatheads.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:23 pm

aualum06 wrote:Wtf

Honestly, it’s like a fucking shitty B movies with bad guy creeps and morons in charge. I can’t take much more of this shit

ESPN doesn’t need to disparage our teams anymore, our fucking faculty has their back. What a mess.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:24 pm

Brutal.

Woman alleging abuse by Nassar's boss: 'Who could I tell?'
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:51 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Brutal.

Don't assume she's telling the truth.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:52 pm

Da Mayor wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Brutal.

Solid post. POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 14 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:58 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Da Mayor wrote:

You haven't learned to not jump to conclusions throughout all of this?
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:12 pm

Da Mayor wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

You haven't learned to not jump to conclusions throughout all of this?

What do you think her story is?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next