Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another high school shooting. Florida

+23
Floyd Robertson
Dendrobates
AnomanderRake
msugolfguy
Clarett's Folly
GirbaudJeans
Turtleneck
Cameron
Dr. Strangelove
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
I.B. Fine
tGreenWay
aualum06
kingstonlake
steveschneider
Nordic
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
27 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Another high school shooting.  Florida - Page 9 Empty Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-26, 14:37

Meanwhile, the Trump re-election campaign is using a photo of Donnie at the bedside of a Parkland shooting victim as a fundraiser.
https://www.local10.com/news/politics/trump-campaign-emails-photo-of-parkland-survivor-asks-for-donations
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Another high school shooting.  Florida - Page 9 Empty Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-26, 14:47

tGreenWay wrote:Meanwhile, the Trump re-election campaign is using a photo of Donnie at the bedside of a Parkland shooting victim as a fundraiser.
https://www.local10.com/news/politics/trump-campaign-emails-photo-of-parkland-survivor-asks-for-donations
my god - that poor family. Their kid is a victim of a horrific shooting.. then a slimeball sexual predator decides to make a visit to promote himself.

yuck.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-26, 15:23

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Meanwhile, the Trump re-election campaign is using a photo of Donnie at the bedside of a Parkland shooting victim as a fundraiser.
my god - that poor family. Their kid is a victim of a horrific shooting.. then a slimeball sexual predator decides to make a visit to promote himself.

yuck.

Slimy politicians from both major parties have tried to capitalize on tragedies before, but this seems like the all-time sleaziest.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-26, 16:13

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: my god - that poor family. Their kid is a victim of a horrific shooting.. then a slimeball sexual predator decides to make a visit to promote himself.

yuck.

Slimy politicians from both major parties have tried to capitalize on tragedies before, but this seems like the all-time sleaziest.
oh, I know both parties do it.

I'm just referring to having an admitted sexual predator that close to an otherwise vulnerable young lady. Makes my skin crawl.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-26, 16:51

Robert J Sakimano wrote:per the mainstream media:

AP Politics‏Verified account @AP_Politics

Sexual Predator says of Parkland shooting: "I really believe I'd run in there even if I didn't have a weapon."

Another high school shooting.  Florida - Page 9 502811600

I really believe he's delusional.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-26, 17:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:per the mainstream media:

AP Politics‏Verified account @AP_Politics

Sexual Predator says of Parkland shooting: "I really believe I'd run in there even if I didn't have a weapon."

Another high school shooting.  Florida - Page 9 502811600

Inconceivable! There’s virtually no chance that fat ass can run.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-27, 04:53

So.. the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a bad guy without a gun?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-27, 11:20

I think the racist, bigoted sexual predator has solved it, guys.. he wants to put a rating system on movies:

per the sexual predator:

I’m hearing more and more people say the level of violence in video games is really shaping young people’s thoughts. And then you go the further step and that’s the movies. Maybe they have to put a rating system for that.”

I think he's onto something folks..

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-02-27, 11:23

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:It’s over roc. He suggested that teachers should have guns. Heres the plan he’s going for, he uses it a lot-

1) take a position that only the most fringey lunatic conservatives would even agree with
2) pretend to negotiate with democrats that still seem to think he’s actually negotiating with them
3) do absolutely nothing
4) blame democrats next time there’s a shooter.
Bump 

We’re presently straddling the line between 1 and 2. Rapidly moving toward number 3 as apparently he’s backed off his claim that the age should be moved to 21
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-02-27, 12:29

He's a complete moron.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-27, 12:40

Rocinante wrote:He's a complete moron.
probably the nicest thing you could say about him.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-27, 13:46

Lockton‏Verified account @Lockton

Lockton Affinity has notified the NRA that it will discontinue providing brokerage services for NRA-endorsed insurance programs under the terms of its contract.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-28, 07:57

bad news for the NRA - America's terrorist organization.. good news for Americans who value life.

The New York Times
‏Verified account @nytimes
46m46 minutes ago

Breaking News: Dick's Sporting Goods, one of the U.S.'s largest sports retailers, will stop selling assault-style rifles and require gun buyers to be 21
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2018-02-28, 08:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:bad news for the NRA - America's terrorist organization.. good news for Americans who value life.

The New York Times
46m46 minutes ago

Breaking News: Dick's Sporting Goods, one of the U.S.'s largest sports retailers, will stop selling assault-style rifles and require gun buyers to be 21

Wow. Holy cow.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-28, 08:10

msugolfguy wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:bad news for the NRA - America's terrorist organization.. good news for Americans who value life.

Wow. Holy cow.
Another high school shooting.  Florida - Page 9 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-02-28, 08:20

Apparently they did the same thing after sandy hook only to go back to their old ways 6 months later.

So in other words, let’s see if that sticks.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-28, 08:20

The New York Times
46m46 minutes ago

Does that mean they'll have a big sale on the assault rifles to get rid of them?

Asking for a friend.

In case of zombies.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-28, 08:28

With AR-15s, Mass Shooters Attack With the Rifle Firepower Typically Used by Infantry Troops

Dick’s, Major Gun Retailer, Will Stop Selling Assault-Style Rifles
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-28, 08:41

the impact these young men and women from the Florida high school have had is nothing short of amazing. Clearly the impact is real because people (companies) are taking notice.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2018-02-28, 08:43

NigelUno wrote:With AR-15s, Mass Shooters Attack With the Rifle Firepower Typically Used by Infantry Troops

In fairness Dicks isnt really associated with guns.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-28, 08:59

msugolfguy wrote:
NigelUno wrote:With AR-15s, Mass Shooters Attack With the Rifle Firepower Typically Used by Infantry Troops

?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-28, 09:11

Not that any of you will believe a University study.   Of course the Swill members know more.  The article reinforces my belief that it's the media playing the incidents up so people think they are happening more often.  

Schools are safer than they were in the 90s, and school shootings are not more common than they used to be, researchers say

Four times the number of children were killed in schools in the early 1990s than today, Fox said.
“There is not an epidemic of school shootings,” he said, adding that more kids are killed each year from pool drownings or bicycle accidents. There are around 55 million school children in the United States, and on average over the past 25 years, about 10 students per year were killed by gunfire at school, according to Fox and Fridel’s research.

Last edited by LooseGoose on 2018-02-28, 09:11; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2018-02-28, 09:11

NigelUno wrote:
msugolfguy wrote:

?

When I think of dicks I dont think of guns. Maybe Bass Pro Shop is something I associate with outdoorsman items. Although I am laughing about this I'd be funny if REI came out and was like hey were not selling guns either, take that!
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-02-28, 09:18

LooseGoose wrote:Not that any of you will believe a University study.   Of course the Swill members know more.  The article reinforces my belief that it's the media playing the incidents up so people think they are happening more often.  

Schools are safer than they were in the 90s, and school shootings are not more common than they used to be, researchers say

Four times the number of children were killed in schools in the early 1990s than today, Fox said.
“There is not an epidemic of school shootings,” he said, adding that more kids are killed each year from pool drownings or bicycle accidents. There are around 55 million school children in the United States, and on average over the past 25 years, about 10 students per year were killed by gunfire at school, according to Fox and Fridel’s research.
Accuracy of northeastern book report aside- ^^^^ thinks Las Vegas and Texas church and South Carolina church and San Bernardino and Orlando are fine because they weren’t at schools.^^^^

But sure good point you’re right your plan to arm teachers is silly silly nonsense good call goose thanks.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2018-02-28, 09:19

LooseGoose wrote:Not that any of you will believe a University study.   Of course the Swill members know more.  The article reinforces my belief that it's the media playing the incidents up so people think they are happening more often.  

Good article, he notes mass murder happens up to 30 times a year outside of schools. Wonder how he defines that and how we stack up against other nations.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-28, 09:21

msugolfguy wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

?

When I think of dicks I dont think of guns. Maybe Bass Pro Shop is something I associate with outdoorsman items. Although I am laughing about this I'd be funny if REI came out and was like hey were not selling guns either, take that!

I think Dick's is one of the largest gun retailers in the US.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2018-02-28, 09:23

NigelUno wrote:
msugolfguy wrote:

Really? Never would have thought, when my dad and I get fly fishing stuff from Bass Pro people are walking out like the end of the world is tomorrow. I see soccer balls coming out of dicks
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-28, 09:24

I thought you said the media was the reason there are more incidents.

You are welcome to clarify and/or revisit that.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-02-28, 09:24

msugolfguy wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

?

Like Field and Stream for example?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-28, 09:31

msugolfguy wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Really? Never would have thought, when my dad and I get fly fishing stuff from Bass Pro people are walking out like the end of the world is tomorrow. I see soccer balls coming out of dicks

Bass Pro probably sells a higher percentage of guns at their stores, but Dick's has a lot more stores.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2018-02-28, 09:38

NigelUno wrote:
msugolfguy wrote:

Bass Pro probably sells a higher percentage of guns at their stores, but Dick's has a lot more stores.

Point made
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-02-28, 09:46

It's why I don't have a pool or let my kid ride a bike to school......
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-02-28, 09:49

Spoke via FB to lady friend of mine in Florida. She was musing about getting a gun for home protection. Explained that it's her right and she should do what she sees is best for her family but......

That gun is 10 times more likely to kill a child in that home than you have of being one of the roughly 100 people murdered via home invasion this year.

She's getting a dog.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-28, 10:03

wow - this totally changes my mind.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-28, 10:03

kingstonlake wrote:Spoke via FB to lady friend of mine in Florida. She was musing about getting a gun for home protection. Explained that it's her right and she should do what she sees is best for her family but......

That gun is 10 times more likely to kill a child in that home than you have of being one of the roughly 100 people murdered via home invasion this year.

She's getting a dog.
smart lady.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-28, 10:05

So are snowflake knuckle-draggers gonna "boycott dicks" now?

'cause that would be funny from a homophobic standpoint.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-02-28, 10:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Spoke via FB to lady friend of mine in Florida. She was musing about getting a gun for home protection. Explained that it's her right and she should do what she sees is best for her family but......

She's getting a dog.
smart lady.

It's amazing how people have no clue what a dog can do to deter a home invasion.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-28, 10:21

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: smart lady.

It's amazing how people have no clue what a dog can do to deter a home invasion.
I can believe that. I've spent enough mornings running around EL in the dark. Every now and then, a random dog who happens to be sitting in a window will let me know he's there in no uncertain dog terms.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-28, 12:16

updated:

Things republicans  have blamed the school shooting on (so far):

Classmates
Neighbors
FBI
Hillary Clinton
Barack Obama
Video games
Movies
Teachers
removing prayer from schools
Lack of drones
media

Things they have yet to blame:

Guns
NRA
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-02-28, 13:25

The Dick's move is big.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next