Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another high school shooting. Florida

+23
Floyd Robertson
Dendrobates
AnomanderRake
msugolfguy
Clarett's Folly
GirbaudJeans
Turtleneck
Cameron
Dr. Strangelove
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
I.B. Fine
tGreenWay
aualum06
kingstonlake
steveschneider
Nordic
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
27 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Another high school shooting.  Florida - Page 2 Empty Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by steveschneider Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 19:36

What a courageous individual.

https://twitter.com/nickkristof/status/963931506530975745
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Another high school shooting.  Florida - Page 2 Empty Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by InTenSity Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 19:38

From listening locally.
It sounds like it's the freshman building.
3000 students go to the school.
3-4 teachers were probably killed.
It's supposed to be one of the safest schools down here, possibly in an affluent area.
Kids in other buildings could hear the gunshots.
Suspect blended in with students, found a mile away puking.
We're going to hear mental health again.
Tragic.
Used an AR15. Not sure I have the name completely right.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 19:41

I.B. Fine wrote:
DWags wrote:17 dead.
I think I'm going to puke.
Kids apparently knew about this guy.

He went or used to go to school there
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 19:52

Another high school shooting.  Florida - Page 2 Vs2liv
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 20:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:And it's never time in polite company to discuss the 1600+ aborted today.

But of course the media supports abortions so they don't blare the headlines against them.
as someone is pro-life, I agree - feel free to start your own thread.

Good in the meantime you can all wash, rinse repeat how righteous and outraged you are in this thread.

How "we" have to do something while you've not done a damned thing since the last shooting.

But by standing up in here and calling me names and saying how "triggered" I am you're doing "right".

I've said it 100 times on here and it's always forgotten in the bash Goose for not going along with our virtue signalling - tell me one law that stops a shooting and I'm right with you on it.

Instead you want to outlaw "assault" rifles when ALL rifles are used in 350 or so murders a YEAR.   That makes sense, outlaw the weapon that is least used to kill other people.   And then you can call me stupid right after you propose that.

Why not outlaw handguns?   Those are used in the vast majority of murders and suicides.

If early information is correct the shooter here was a disgruntled former student that "EVERYONE" knew was dangerous.   Had been banned from the school.  Not to be near the school with a backpack, etc, etc.   But no on that knew this guy did one damned concrete thing to get him stopped or get him mental help.

It's much easier to wail on and on about the evil R's, the Evil NRA, than it is to actually get off your asses and do something.   If so many people actually support restricting or banning guns why didn't the Dems do it when they had all of Congress, including a filibuster proof Senate and the Presidency.   I know why, because they NEED this as an issue so they can continue to play all of you for fools.

So don't put quotes in my mouth, they'll be wrong as they usually are.  Don't tell me whether I'm "triggered" or not.   Understand that I knew when I saw the reports of a school shooting that one of the usual suspects would run here to start a thread about it to show how much THEY cared.  All it tells me is what a ghoul you are, if you really cared you'd be working at your pet project on the days when an asshole wasn't out there killing multiple people.

The ONLY thing outside of mental help for these people that might help a little is a complete ban on guns - that ought to work about as well as the bans on alcohol and drugs have worked in the US.   Passing new gun laws isn't going to change a damned thing except the count of total laws broken by one of these shooters.

Just as there are many people screaming for heads to roll at MSU for not stopping Nasser, there ought to be heads rolling for not stopping this guy.  Seemingly he was pretty open about his intent to commit violent acts at this school....where were the people that knew?

Last edited by LooseGoose on Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 20:15; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 20:14

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
as someone is pro-life, I agree - feel free to start your own thread.

Good in the meantime you can all wash, rinse repeat how righteous and outraged you are in this thread.

How "we" have to do something while you've not done a damned thing since the last shooting.

But by standing up in here and calling me names and saying how "triggered" I am you're doing "right".

I've said it 100 times on here and it's always forgotten in the bash Goose for not going along with our virtue signalling - tell me one law that stops a shooting and I'm right with you on it.

Instead you want to outlaw "assault" rifles when ALL rifles are used in 350 or so murders a YEAR.   That makes sense, outlaw the weapon that is least used to kill other people.   And then you can call me stupid right after you propose that.

Why not outlaw handguns?   Those are used in the vast majority of murders and suicides.

If early information is correct the shooter here was a disgruntled former student that "EVERYONE" knew was dangerous.   Had been banned from the school.  Not to be near the school with a backpack, etc, etc.   But no on that knew this guy did one damned
concrete thing to get him stopped or get him mental help.

It's much easier to wail on and on about the evil R's, the Evil NRA, than it is to actually get off your asses and do something.   If so many people actually support restricting or banning guns why didn't the Dems do it when they had all of Congress, including a filibuster proof Senate and the Presidency.   I know why, because they NEED this as an issue so they can continue to play all of you for fools.

So don't put quotes in my mouth, they'll be wrong as they usually are.  Don't tell me whether I'm "triggered" or not.   Understand that I knew when I saw the reports of a school shooting that one of the usual suspects would run here to start a thread about it to show how much THEY cared.  All it tells me is what a ghoul you are, if you really cared you'd be working at your pet project on the days when an asshole wasn't out there killing multiple people.

The ONLY thing outside of mental help for these people that might help a little is a complete ban on guns - that ought to work about as well as the bans on alcohol and drugs have worked in the US.   Passing new gun laws isn't going to change a damned thing except the count of total laws broken by one of these shooters.

Just as thee are many people screaming for heads to roll at MSU for not stopping Nasser, there ought to be heads rolling for not stopping this guy.  Seemingly he was pretty open about his intent to commit violent acts at this school....where were the people that knew?
I'm not going to apologize for valuing life.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 20:16

InTenSity wrote:We're going to hear mental health again.

Why would that be a surprise? You certainly don't think someone that's mentally healthy would do this?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 20:17

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

If early information is correct the shooter here was a disgruntled former student that "EVERYONE" knew was dangerous.   Had been banned from the school.  Not to be near the school with a backpack, etc, etc.   But no on that knew this guy did one damned
concrete thing to get him stopped or get him mental help.

Just as thee are many people screaming for heads to roll at MSU for not stopping Nasser, there ought to be heads rolling for not stopping this guy.  Seemingly he was pretty open about his intent to commit violent acts at this school....where were the people that knew?

Nor do I apologize for not tolerating bullshit well.   Tell me one concrete thing you've done this year to prevent a school shooting?

and your played out knuckle dragger routine on the internet doesn't count.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 20:21

DWags wrote:Another high school shooting.  Florida - Page 2 Vs2liv

Bump
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 20:22

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Nor do I apologize for not tolerating bullshit well.   Tell me one concrete thing you've done this year to prevent a school shooting?

and your played out knuckle dragger routine on the internet doesn't count.
dude, you can think, say and feel anything you want.

I don't understand why that's seemingly so difficult for you to understand.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 20:23

LooseGoose wrote:
InTenSity wrote:We're going to hear mental health again.

Why would that be a surprise?   You certainly don't think someone that's mentally healthy would do this?
Because while cutting health care, there is no support for mental health issues. Its a cop out.
Also, the shooter is fairly white, so we'll go with Psychotic or LoneWolf.
I had also heard he was adopted and both parents were dead. So probably on his own at 18.
All I know is we should all have an AR15.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 20:24

DWags wrote:
DWags wrote:Another high school shooting.  Florida - Page 2 Vs2liv

Bump
given that it's Valentine's Day, it's rather appropriate that jesus-loving republicans get to celebrate their love affair with assault rifles tonight.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 20:26

lol, and Wags posts those scary looking rifles again.

Rifles - 350 murders a year.

Handguns - 6,000-8000 murders a year.

Smart people educating Goose and the general public. "Fuck the facts, let's ban rifles".

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 20:27

InTenSity wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Why would that be a surprise?   You certainly don't think someone that's mentally healthy would do this?
Because while cutting health care, there is no support for mental health issues. Its a cop out.
I had also heard he was adopted and both parents were dead. So probably on his own at 18.
and, as we all know, if the shooter was of a certain less-than -desirable ethnicity, the fine patriotic republicans would be in favor of doing something other than sending thoughts and prayers.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 20:27

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

Bump
given that it's Valentine's Day, it's rather appropriate that jesus-loving republicans get to celebrate their love affair with assault rifles tonight.

And of course bobby jumps in blaming Republicans and Ignoring that the Democrats had the political power to pass ANY gun law they wanted back in 2009......and they did NADA. Silly lemming.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 20:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
and, as we all know, if the shooter was of a certain less-than -desirable ethnicity, the fine patriotic republicans would be in favor of doing something other than sending thoughts and prayers.

And the race card, yes he's learned his Democrat 101 lessons well.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 20:30

LooseGoose wrote:lol, and Wags posts those scary looking rifles again.

you can belittle it all you want, but a "scary looking rifle" was likely the last thing a child saw this afternoon before his/her life was ended. And before their parents were told they wouldn't be coming home today.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 20:31

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: and, as we all know, if the shooter was of a certain less-than -desirable ethnicity, the fine patriotic republicans would be in favor of doing something other than sending thoughts and prayers.

And the race card, yes he's learned his Democrat 101 lessons well.
it's your party that supports travel bans. I merely point it out.

I'm sorry that seems to upset you.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 20:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

you can belittle it all you want, but a "scary looking rifle" was likely the last thing a child saw this afternoon before his/her life was ended. And before their parents were told they wouldn't be coming home today.

No shit. Because no one wanted to turn this asshole in. The blood is on their hands.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 20:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Why didn't the Dems ban those rifles in 2009?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 20:35

Moving this because of Goose and all of his false equivalency bullshit. .
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 20:35

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: given that it's Valentine's Day, it's rather appropriate that jesus-loving republicans get to celebrate their love affair with assault rifles tonight.

And of course bobby jumps in blaming Republicans and Ignoring that the Democrats had the political power to pass ANY gun law they wanted back in 2009......and they did NADA. Silly lemming.
about 10 posts up you were upset about name-calling.

Just an FYI - it doesn't bother me, but I figured I'd point it out.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 20:36

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Moving this because of Goose and all of his false equivalency bullshit. .
thanks.

You're a great American.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 20:37

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: you can belittle it all you want, but a "scary looking rifle" was likely the last thing a child saw this afternoon before his/her life was ended. And before their parents were told they wouldn't be coming home today.

Why didn't the Dems ban those rifles in 2009?
you'll need to ask them.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 20:41

just read somewhere that 3 of the 10 deadliest school shootings have occurred in the last 4 months.

Gotta admit it - that's a pretty good run for the GOP and NRA.

:(

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 22:13

https://twitter.com/chrisbhaynes/status/963958043904851968
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 15 Feb 2018 - 0:51

So whoa. I jumped on Facebook tonight. First time in two weeks. Girl we hung out with in college, (won’t give her name) Spartan grad, her son was one of the kids in the closet. She only posted once “please pray for...” then friends kept us posted. He’s not harmed. But I’m sure mentally will be. Wow. What’s crazy is that I also had a running back in the 90’s from my HS who took a bullet in the leg at Vegas.

It’s crazy that this shit is happening so often that we’re all getting touched by this some way.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 15 Feb 2018 - 1:01

Another high school shooting.  Florida - Page 2 431c2a10
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 15 Feb 2018 - 5:01

DWags wrote:So whoa. I jumped on Facebook tonight. First time in two weeks. Girl we hung out with in college, (won’t give her name) Spartan grad, her son was one of the kids in the closet. She only posted once “please pray for...” then friends kept us posted. He’s not harmed. But I’m sure mentally will be. Wow. What’s crazy is that I also had a running back in the 90’s from my HS who took a bullet in the leg at Vegas.

It’s crazy that this shit is happening so often that we’re all getting touched by this some way.
yikes.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 15 Feb 2018 - 5:03

Not only did the GOP and NRA get a good school shooting this week, but it takes the sexual predator's porn star addiction out of the headlines for at least a day or so.

Don't fret, though - stormy weather is in the forecast.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Thu 15 Feb 2018 - 6:14

Surprise surprise. Shooter was Antifa
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu 15 Feb 2018 - 7:01

LooseGoose wrote:
I know why, because they NEED this as an issue so they can continue to play all of you for fools.

That's rich, coming from an anti abortion single issue voter.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 15 Feb 2018 - 7:03

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Surprise surprise. Shooter was Antifa

The shooter had mental issues but was able to buy an ar15. But yeah, let’s say he followed those guys. Cool.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 15 Feb 2018 - 7:21

DWags wrote:

The shooter had mental issues but was able to buy an ar15. But yeah, let’s say he followed those guys. Cool.
I'm old enough to remember when the right was busy with 'thoughts and prayers' - and whining about mean people politicizing the murder of children.

that was yesterday.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 15 Feb 2018 - 7:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

I'm old enough to remember when the right was busy with 'thoughts and prayers' - and whining about mean people politicizing the murder of children.

that was yesterday.

Another high school shooting.  Florida - Page 2 20l1aud
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 15 Feb 2018 - 7:28

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

that was yesterday.

Another high school shooting.  Florida - Page 2 20l1aud
in between thinking and praying, we'll have ourselves a good candlelight vigil, too.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 15 Feb 2018 - 7:33

Can you post a link that confirms this? Thanks.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 15 Feb 2018 - 7:35

the racist, bigoted sexual predator blames classmates and neighbors..

Sexual Predator
‏Verified account @realSexualPredator
21m21 minutes ago

So many signs that the Florida shooter was mentally disturbed, even expelled from school for bad and erratic behavior. Neighbors and classmates knew he was a big problem. Must always report such instances to authorities, again and again!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 15 Feb 2018 - 7:38

Cameron wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
I know why, because they NEED this as an issue so they can continue to play all of you for fools.

That's rich, coming from an anti abortion single issue voter.
An issue hat his party continues to fuck him over and over and over and over again on. But he just lines up every single time ready to get down on his knees and do it all again knowing that they have absolutely no intention of ever doing anything about the one issue goose has ever cared about. Nothing. Nada. 0. Zip. Gotta keep that carrot in front of gooses nose. Gotta keep the morons going to the polls over the issue. That’s not going to happen if they do anything about it. But goose happily plays along pretending like they give a shit about the one issue he cares about. Secretly I think he knows most of them don’t. Secretly I think, somewhere in the back of his head, I think he knows that the people he has debased himself for, thrown his entire life at, don’t actually give a single fuck about him or the one issue he cares about.

It’s sad actually.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 15 Feb 2018 - 7:56

this guy has taken nearly $3.9 million from the NRA

Cory Gardner‏Verified account @SenCoryGardner

Cory Gardner Retweeted The Associated Press

I am heartbroken for the students & family of those involved in this horrible tragedy & I'm praying for our first responders as they act swiftly to contain the situation.

thoughts and prayers.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next