Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another high school shooting. Florida

+23
Floyd Robertson
Dendrobates
AnomanderRake
msugolfguy
Clarett's Folly
GirbaudJeans
Turtleneck
Cameron
Dr. Strangelove
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
I.B. Fine
tGreenWay
aualum06
kingstonlake
steveschneider
Nordic
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
27 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Another high school shooting.  Florida - Page 10 Empty Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by msugolfguy 2018-02-28, 13:35

Robert J Sakimano wrote:updated:

Things republicans  have blamed the school shooting on (so far):

Classmates
Neighbors
FBI
Hillary Clinton
Barack Obama
Video games
Movies
Teachers
removing prayer from schools
Lack of drones
media

Things they have yet to blame:

Guns
NRA

Bob, new one. The police didn't go in the school because they are apart of Obama's shadow government.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Another high school shooting.  Florida - Page 10 Empty Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-28, 13:36

msugolfguy wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:updated:

Things republicans  have blamed the school shooting on (so far):

Classmates
Neighbors
FBI
Hillary Clinton
Barack Obama
Video games
Movies
Teachers
Lack of drones
media

Guns
NRA

Bob, new one. The police didn't go in the school because they are apart of Obama's shadow government.
thanks
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-28, 13:37

updated:

Things republicans have blamed the school shooting on (so far):

Classmates
Neighbors
FBI
Hillary Clinton
Barack Obama
Video games
Police
Movies
Teachers
Lack of drones
media
the police is part of Obama's shadow government

Guns
NRA
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-03-09, 19:06

Just in case you’re still confused as to if this lovely group stands for responsive gun ownership or selling more guns

Another high school shooting.  Florida - Page 10 0e68e410
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-10, 06:38

So the NRA (with their support from a "pro life" GOP) is still America's Terrorist Organization? Shocking.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-10, 06:40

Dear Mainstream Media,

There was another school shooting this week where one kid was murdered in Alabama.

Thought you might wanna know.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-03-14, 12:04

Well, that didn't take any time at all, did it?

Gun-trained teacher accidentally discharges firearm in Calif. classroom, injuring student
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-14, 12:36

Floyd Robertson wrote:Well, that didn't take any time at all, did it?

Gun-trained teacher accidentally discharges firearm in Calif. classroom, injuring student
shocking turn of events... boy nobody saw that coming.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-03-19, 08:55

The 80's were rad!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-19, 10:02

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Just in case you’re still confused as to if this lovely group stands for responsive gun ownership or selling more guns

Another high school shooting.  Florida - Page 10 0e68e410

If they can't own a gun they shouldn't be able to vote or serve in the military.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-03-19, 10:05

What about buying a drink? They can't do that until they're 21.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-03-19, 11:27

Would you guys believe that this sweet little old lady is behind almost all of the more liberal gun laws all across the country?  

She authored the first conceal carry permit law
She authored the first Castle Doctrine law
She authored stand your ground

She is feared and loved in Florida

Marion Hammer.

Another high school shooting.  Florida - Page 10 MArion-702x336
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-03-19, 14:04

Eddie Vedder could see this shit coming back in 1991. Why haven't we gotten our arms around this yet?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-03-20, 23:08

The brother trespasses and is being held on $500k bond. You wanna know how you create murderers, this is how.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-24, 20:12

Irony: Marjory Stoneman Douglas Students Are Going To Be Able To Relate To NRA Members Next Week

It’s like clockwork. There’s a mass shooting by a crazy person—and somehow the NRA is held responsible. The rural gun owner is held responsible. The conservative has to answer to why is this happening. The Right has to explain the actions of a crazy person. It’s collective punishment. It’s guilt by association. Well, the students of Marjory Stoneman are about to get a taste of that, and some are not happy about it. New security procedures instituted will state that the only backpacks permitted on campus are clear ones. Some students are saying why are we being punished for other people’s actions. It’s what members of the NRA and conservatives have been crying out for years, so we can relate

When students of Marjory Stoneman Douglas return to class after spring break next week, they'll be required to carry clear backpacks.

The move is meant to ramp up security measures after last month's deadly shooting in Parkland, Florida, and a series of breaches since.

"Clear backpacks are the only backpacks that will be permitted on campus," said Broward County School Superintendent Robert Runcie said in a letter sent to parents.

[…]

Some students have said they're not happy with the changes.

Tyra Hemans, 19, a senior, told CNN she supports parts of the new policy, such as the ID requirement. But she believes other security measures, such as forcing students to carry clear backpacks, don't adequately address the real problem with school safety, which she says is lax gun laws.

"I'm not happy with it. Why are you punishing me for one person's actions?" she said.

And lax gun laws are not the problem. The local media, Miami Herald, Sun-Sentinel, has been excellent documenting how federal, state, and local authorities either simply failed to enforce the law, or kicked the can down the road concerning what to do with shooter Nikolas Cruz. Police visited his home over 30 times, and they were warned that Cruz had threatened people with guns before, even pointing them at people’s heads. The FBI received tips about Cruz; the latest was on January 5. It was not forwarded to the Miami office and protocols were not followed, which prompted FBI Director Chris Wray to apologize. As for the state, Cruz had cut himself following the breakup of his girlfriend in 2016. He could have been committed through the Baker Act, which would have barred him from buying firearms. This commitment would have come up on a background check, which would have barred him from buying the AR-15 rifle he bought days after he was expelled in February of 2017. It’s quite clear the government failed to protect the people. It’s not really a question about lax gun laws. There were more than enough opportunities to stop Cruz.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-03-24, 20:33

I’m pretty sure that if you give them the trade off of clear backpacks for the gun control they want they would do it in a heart beat goose
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-24, 22:01

LooseGoose wrote:Irony: Marjory Stoneman Douglas Students Are Going To Be Able To Relate To NRA Members Next Week

It’s like clockwork. There’s a mass shooting by a crazy person—and somehow the NRA is held responsible. The rural gun owner is held responsible. The conservative has to answer to why is this happening. The Right has to explain the actions of a crazy person. It’s collective punishment. It’s guilt by association. Well, the students of Marjory Stoneman are about to get a taste of that, and some are not happy about it. New security procedures instituted will state that the only backpacks permitted on campus are clear ones. Some students are saying why are we being punished for other people’s actions. It’s what members of the NRA and conservatives have been crying out for years, so we can relate

When students of Marjory Stoneman Douglas return to class after spring break next week, they'll be required to carry clear backpacks.

The move is meant to ramp up security measures after last month's deadly shooting in Parkland, Florida, and a series of breaches since.

"Clear backpacks are the only backpacks that will be permitted on campus," said Broward County School Superintendent Robert Runcie said in a letter sent to parents.

[…]

Some students have said they're not happy with the changes.

Tyra Hemans, 19, a senior, told CNN she supports parts of the new policy, such as the ID requirement. But she believes other security measures, such as forcing students to carry clear backpacks, don't adequately address the real problem with school safety, which she says is lax gun laws.

"I'm not happy with it. Why are you punishing me for one person's actions?" she said.

And lax gun laws are not the problem. The local media, Miami Herald, Sun-Sentinel, has been excellent documenting how federal, state, and local authorities either simply failed to enforce the law, or kicked the can down the road concerning what to do with shooter Nikolas Cruz. Police visited his home over 30 times, and they were warned that Cruz had threatened people with guns before, even pointing them at people’s heads. The FBI received tips about Cruz; the latest was on January 5. It was not forwarded to the Miami office and protocols were not followed, which prompted FBI Director Chris Wray to apologize. As for the state, Cruz had cut himself following the breakup of his girlfriend in 2016. He could have been committed through the Baker Act, which would have barred him from buying firearms. This commitment would have come up on a background check, which would have barred him from buying the AR-15 rifle he bought days after he was expelled in February of 2017. It’s quite clear the government failed to protect the people. It’s not really a question about lax gun laws. There were more than enough opportunities to stop Cruz.

Hey Goose?

At one time, you were in favor of banning bump stocks. Why did you want to penalize NRA members for the actions of one person in Vegas?

And I used past tense...because you seem to have backed off your stance. Every time I've asked you about it (since you initially said you would be in favor of a ban), you won't answer (if you are still in favor of a ban).

So, what's the story?

Are you now backtracking?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-27, 08:49

Golly Gee the more you learn the worse it looks for the police, the administration and the school board.

‘My blood is boiling’: Broward student journalist lays out his case against superintendent, school board

If you really care to learn take some time to read.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-11-30, 14:23

But blame the guns...

How The Broward School District Deflected Criticism After The Parkland Shooting

With a judge’s approval, the district obscured references to Cruz — nearly two-thirds of the text — to protect his privacy under law. Only when the Sun Sentinel obtained and published an uncensored copy did the truth come out: Cruz was deeply troubled; the district improperly withdrew support he needed; he asked for additional services; and the district bungled his request, leaving him spinning without help.

Startling as those details were, they pale in light of new information obtained by the Sun Sentinel, none of it included in the consultant’s report or shared publicly by the school district.

The district was well aware that Cruz, for years, was unstable and possibly murderous:

— “I’m a bad kid. I want to kill,” Cruz, now 20 years old, ominously told a teacher in middle school.

— “I strongly feel that Nikolas is a danger to the students and faculty at this school,” Cruz’s eighth-grade language arts teacher wrote in a behavioral evaluation. “I do not feel that he understands the difference between his violent video games and reality.”

— In middle school, he “stated he felt nervous about one day going to jail and wondered what would happen to him if he did something bad.”

— Cruz told one teacher in October 2013 — 4½ years before his Parkland rampage — that “I would rather be on the street killing animals and setting fires.”

When the Sun-Sentinel published the unredacted report, the school district asked a judge to “initiate contempt proceedings” against the two reporters involved, which could potentially have resulted in them being jailed. The same report also looked at how Cruz wound up back at Marjory Stoneman Douglas high school and, once again, fails to note signs of serious trouble once he started there:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-11-30, 14:23

LooseGoose wrote:But blame the guns...

How The Broward School District Deflected Criticism After The Parkland Shooting

With a judge’s approval, the district obscured references to Cruz — nearly two-thirds of the text — to protect his privacy under law. Only when the Sun Sentinel obtained and published an uncensored copy did the truth come out: Cruz was deeply troubled; the district improperly withdrew support he needed; he asked for additional services; and the district bungled his request, leaving him spinning without help.

Startling as those details were, they pale in light of new information obtained by the Sun Sentinel, none of it included in the consultant’s report or shared publicly by the school district.

The district was well aware that Cruz, for years, was unstable and possibly murderous:

— “I’m a bad kid. I want to kill,” Cruz, now 20 years old, ominously told a teacher in middle school.

— “I strongly feel that Nikolas is a danger to the students and faculty at this school,” Cruz’s eighth-grade language arts teacher wrote in a behavioral evaluation. “I do not feel that he understands the difference between his violent video games and reality.”

— In middle school, he “stated he felt nervous about one day going to jail and wondered what would happen to him if he did something bad.”

— Cruz told one teacher in October 2013 — 4½ years before his Parkland rampage — that “I would rather be on the street killing animals and setting fires.”

When the Sun-Sentinel published the unredacted report, the school district asked a judge to “initiate contempt proceedings” against the two reporters involved, which could potentially have resulted in them being jailed. The same report also looked at how Cruz wound up back at Marjory Stoneman Douglas high school and, once again, fails to note signs of serious trouble once he started there:
thanks for the mainstream media link.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-11-30, 14:36

I'll have to do some research. But I'd be interested to see how many gun related crimes involved the use of a gun.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-14, 22:30

Especially when you let a psycho run loose in your school and the deputies run away....

Florida school massacre panel recommends arming teachers with concealed weapons

The Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Commission voted 13-1 to recommend the Legislature allow the arming of teachers, saying it’s not enough to have one or two police officers or armed guards on campus.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-12-14, 23:07

Everyone can be a fucking hero when no ones shooting at them.
I don't care what they say. I've met my kids teachers, I don't want them armed. Easy to justify it from mio and having no kids in school though.
I got a call from the school telling me that my kids might be a little scared because of the drills they have to run.
Fuck your generation.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2018-12-14, 23:42

InTenSity wrote:Everyone can be a fucking hero when no ones shooting at them.
I don't care what they say. I've met my kids teachers, I don't want them armed. Easy to justify it from mio and having no kids in school though.
I got a call from the school telling me that my kids might be a little scared because of the drills they have to run.
Fuck your generation.

I would not allow my kid to go to a school with armed teachers.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-12-14, 23:50

Think of all those bullets flying every which way. But hey, what’s an extra one or two children killed by friendly fire.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-15, 13:46

LooseGoose wrote:Especially when you let a psycho run loose in your school and the deputies run away....

The Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Commission voted 13-1 to recommend the Legislature allow the arming of teachers, saying it’s not enough to have one or two police officers or armed guards on campus.
thanks for the mainstream media link.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-12-15, 14:07

Heat Miser wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Everyone can be a fucking hero when no ones shooting at them.
Fuck your generation.

I would not allow my kid to go to a school with armed teachers.

Yep. No way. I mea, here you have a lady who is just sure she can handle Shakespeare one hour, and the next if tragedy strikes, whip out her gun and not only shoot, but do it accurately. Or the guy who is looking at a microscope,all of the sudden runs to his drawer and starts shooting. Yeah, great idea.

I mean, if I recall, the cop who was killed in California at the night club recently, he was killed by friendly fire.

This is an idea which only could germinate in Florida. Then, the knuckle draggers in each state will say "great idea" then the NRA will have a big sale.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-12-15, 14:31

I'm more concerned about having guns in schools. Talk about more availability for kids that want to go on a shooting spree. This is some fucked up Goose logic right here.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-12-15, 14:42

So we're going to arm Mrs Winklepants with a .38 and have her defend kids against Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold and their tech-9's, 995 Carbine, single and double barrel shotguns, etc. LOL.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-12-15, 17:29

LooseGoose wrote:Especially when you let a psycho run loose in your school and the deputies run away....

Considering the lie/smear campaign you participated in after this shooting, maybe you should be quiet for awhile.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-22, 21:25

Apparently Little Hitler was accepted to Harvard.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10