Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fed College Hoops case taints MSU

+22
The Pantry
Danny Tanner
Travis of the Cosmos
Da Mayor
InTenSity
Rocinante
Nordic
I.B. Fine
WhiteGreenShow
MattyFresh
Other Teams Pursuing That
MSU addict
WhiteBoyHatcher
Clarett's Folly
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
DWags
kingstonlake
Death Roe
Dr. Strangelove
26 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Fed College Hoops case taints MSU - Page 3 Empty Re: Fed College Hoops case taints MSU

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-23, 10:08

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Agreed, both sides have presented their case lets move forward. So who is coaching next year? I think it's Izzo.

Crean

He's available.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Fed College Hoops case taints MSU - Page 3 Empty Re: Fed College Hoops case taints MSU

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-23, 10:13

Izzo will be the coach next year unless more damning stuff comes out.

It's $470 on a player's mom. I'm not willing to burn it all down or declare that Izzo is the new Tarkanian just yet. As we've learned over the past couple of weeks and months, facts are very important. We should wait for them.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-23, 10:18

Crean claps too much for my liking.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2018-02-23, 10:18

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:If Izzo has been cheating he's really bad at it. He couldn't come up with more than $2700 for Apples?

This is the proper response. We couldn't scrape together $3k to round out last year's class?
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-23, 10:18

kingstonlake wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Except, Bowen is suspended and not (currently) eligible.

Is that a fact?

He is applying for reinstatement at South Carolina.

This article is interesting (and MAY apply to recent players named):

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2017/10/12/louisville-brian-bowen-suspended-reinstatement-process/755907001/

In the NCAA compliance process, a school first declares an athlete ineligible upon discovery of any infraction and subsequently investigates and self-reports the violation. It would then be up to the NCAA’s enforcement staff whether to investigate more or not. Meanwhile, the process for an athlete being reinstated would begin.

When a decision to reinstate is reached, terms of punishment are applied (for example, a player being suspended so many games before having eligibility restored). Since Louisville has suspended Bowen and notified the NCAA, this process is underway, and reinstatement is basically out of the school’s hands and solely at the NCAA’s discretion.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-23, 10:19

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Crean claps too much for my liking.

Ha!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-02-23, 10:21

steveschneider wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Tomato, tomatoe.. who’s coaching us next year if this is true?

I'm surprised Steve Fisher didn't pop up on this report. Dude shows up in San Diego and turns it into a powerhouse? God I wonder how he did that?
http://mwwire.com/2018/02/23/san-diego-states-malik-pope-linked-to-college-basketballs-federal-investigation/

Maybe that's why he retired?
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-23, 10:27

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I'm surprised Steve Fisher didn't pop up on this report. Dude shows up in San Diego and turns it into a powerhouse? God I wonder how he did that?
http://mwwire.com/2018/02/23/san-diego-states-malik-pope-linked-to-college-basketballs-federal-investigation/

Maybe that's why he retired?

I’m just shocked. lol lol!!! I just find this shit comical at this point. I remember reading and article on the train one morning about how a coach met a street agent in NYC to pass off an automobile. Said the guy drove around the corner and crashed it. Street agent came back with the keys and goes that one didn’t work do you have another? Fucking hysterical. I almost spit my coffee out when I read that.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-23, 10:28

Tony Paul @TonyPaul1984 2m2 minutes ago
I've talked to multiple DI coaches about this saga and reported on it. I'm well-informed on this topic and its implications. I'm just saying, I'm not suspending my player over this report.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-02-23, 10:29

I am sorry if Tom having a meal with an agent and Miles' mom getting $400 and a lunch is the worst thing to MSU and any impermissible benefits or paying players then that is the biggest joke of a scandal I've ever heard in my life. And if any suspensions come from those things, Fed College Hoops case taints MSU - Page 3 1966794946
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2018-02-23, 10:31

$100 handshakes is so 20th century. Giving parents and guardians no-show jobs is where it's at these days.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-02-23, 10:34

Clarett's Folly wrote:$100 handshakes is so 20th century. Giving parents and guardians no-show jobs is where it's at these days.

Fed College Hoops case taints MSU - Page 3 502811600
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-23, 10:34

Clarett's Folly wrote:$100 handshakes is so 20th century. Giving parents and guardians no-show jobs is where it's at these days.

Old co-worker ran track at St. Johns back in the 80's. Told me his friends on the football team would have to clean out a locker room as part of their campus jobs. When they'd go in and open up a locker there would be a ton of cash in there. They'd make sure that locker was nice and clean and then call it a day.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-23, 10:36

So does MSU sit Bridges now and try to win the Natty without him so we don’t have to vacate it later?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2018-02-23, 10:37

steveschneider wrote:

Old co-worker ran track at St. Johns back in the 80's. Told me his friends on the football team would have to clean out a locker room as part of their campus jobs. When they'd go in and open up a locker there would be a ton of cash in there. They'd make sure that locker was nice and clean and then call it a day.

Fed College Hoops case taints MSU - Page 3 502811600
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2018-02-23, 10:38

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:So does MSU sit Bridges now and try to win the Natty without him so we don’t have to vacate it later?

Play him. Win it. Force the NCAA to take it away.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-23, 10:39

Sitting Bridges does no good. He's already played all season.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-23, 10:40

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:So does MSU sit Bridges now and try to win the Natty without him so we don’t have to vacate it later?

Let me get you your wardrobe back.

Fed College Hoops case taints MSU - Page 3 Panties_in_a_knot_by_noxxut-d6slvi5
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-02-23, 10:41

Fuck that. Chips in the middle of the table. I will still get a tattoo, Rick Pitino-style.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-23, 10:43

Goose still attacking posters like we were the ones who were at the dinner table and took $400 fucking dollars. Fed College Hoops case taints MSU - Page 3 502811600 what is this psychological reaction called? I should know this.

But I’m with y’all, play him, win it, and i don’t care what the NCAA says .. I’ll remember watching the natty

Last edited by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-02-23, 10:44; edited 1 time in total
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-23, 10:44

College sports where banners go up and banners come down.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-02-23, 10:47

NigelUno wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Is that a fact?

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2017/10/12/louisville-brian-bowen-suspended-reinstatement-process/755907001/

In the NCAA compliance process, a school first declares an athlete ineligible upon discovery of any infraction and subsequently investigates and self-reports the violation. It would then be up to the NCAA’s enforcement staff whether to investigate more or not. Meanwhile, the process for an athlete being reinstated would begin.

When a decision to reinstate is reached, terms of punishment are applied (for example, a player being suspended so many games before having eligibility restored). Since Louisville has suspended Bowen and notified the NCAA, this process is underway, and reinstatement is basically out of the school’s hands and solely at the NCAA’s discretion.

Exactly. The NCAA cleared him, then Louisville suspended him. The NCAA determines now if the suspension from Louisville is lifted. The NCAA never suspended him.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-23, 10:48

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Goose still attacking posters like we were the ones who were at the dinner table and took $400 fucking dollars. Fed College Hoops case taints MSU - Page 3 502811600 what is this psychological reaction called? I should know this.

But I’m with y’all, play him, win it, and i don’t care what the NCAA says .. I’ll remember watching the natty

There is ZERO proof Anyone took $400.   Would you want to be convicted on that evidence?   Have you ever done an expense report?

Murphy lying again....no player at MSU is in the report as receiving $$.

Dan Murphy @DanMurphyESPN 4h4 hours ago
Michigan State, USC, Texas and South Carolina all have current players listed here as having received money.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-02-23, 10:49

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Goose still attacking posters like we were the ones who were at the dinner table and took $400 fucking dollars. Fed College Hoops case taints MSU - Page 3 502811600 what is this psychological reaction called? I should know this.

If you want to act like Vlad lite, don't get whiny about it. Just sayin.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-23, 10:49

kingstonlake wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Exactly. The NCAA cleared him, then Louisville suspended him. The NCAA determines now if the suspension from Louisville is lifted. The NCAA never suspended him.

The NCAA didn't clear him. The FBI cleared him.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-23, 10:52

See OTPT, I believe firmly in innocent until proven guilty and especially in the right to see and dispute any evidence against me.

You're convicting this lady based on the word of a known liar?  Why?   Because you think she's poor and black so can't resist 4 $100 bills?

I think there's more than a bit of racism in all of this from people.   If this were Foster Loyer's mom would everyone be so quick to say the lady from Clarkston took $$ for her son?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-23, 10:52

kingstonlake wrote:

If you want to act like Vlad lite, don't get whiny about it. Just sayin.

vlad lite? How so?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-02-23, 10:53

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/11/01/miles-bridges-michigan-state-sophomore-season-nba-lottery

"I knew I was staying," he says. "But I knew the backlash [was] coming, people going after me: 'Why would you stay?'"

He knew one of those people was his mother. Cynthia Bridges planned to retire from her job as a receptionist when he turned pro. She was about to have a second knee-replacement surgery, and she was going to have medical expenses. So when Miles called her and said he had decided to become that most dreaded word in college basketball, a sophomore, she was incredulous.

Cynthia said: "Miles, the bills are going to start coming in."

And Miles said: "Ma, you'll be O.K."

And his mom said: "What are you going to get if you win a championship? A cap and a shirt. What will Coach Izzo get? Millions."

And Miles said: "Money's the root of all evil. I'm not in it for the money."

Cynthia says she tried "anything and everything" to change her son's mind. But the battle was lost. Truth is, it was lost before he ever played a game at Michigan State. It was lost one night on campus, shortly after Bridges arrived in East Lansing. He and freshman Josh Langford were hanging out with junior Lourawls (Tum Tum) Nairn Jr., talking about spirituality and religion and the purpose of their existence from 8 p.m. until 2 a.m.

Bridges started crying.

He told them, "This is what I prayed for before I got to college—to have a spiritual connection with people, and find people who really care about me."

MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-23, 10:54

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Goose still attacking posters like we were the ones who were at the dinner table and took $400 fucking dollars.

I'm attacking posters that are making huge assumptions and convicting a black woman of taking a bribe based on bullshit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-23, 10:54

Personally goose id be pissed that we would pay for the services of an undersized point guard who won’t be able to score in the big ten
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2018-02-23, 10:54

I gotta tell you if we're cheating I'm just pissed we're not way better at it. I want Kentucky/Duke type classes in basketball. An OSU level of football.
I want rival message boards to refer to us as M$U.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteGreenShow 2018-02-23, 10:55

Is anyone else surprise by the player/parent that was indicated. If any name surfaced related to MSU I would have guessed it to be a previous 1 and done that we had.
WhiteGreenShow
WhiteGreenShow
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-23, 10:56

Goose bringing race just says everything you need to know Fed College Hoops case taints MSU - Page 3 502811600

This will play out goose. We will see how it does. It does not look good for MSU and or Izzo. Fucking around about our next coach on a message board shouldn’t get you so worked up. Life goes on.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-23, 10:57

Clarett's Folly wrote:I gotta tell you if we're cheating I'm just pissed we're not way better at it. I want Kentucky/Duke type classes in basketball. An OSU level of football.

This
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-02-23, 10:57

Clarett's Folly wrote:I gotta tell you if we're cheating I'm just pissed we're not way better at it. I want Kentucky/Duke type classes in basketball. An OSU level of football.

"See??!! WE WERE FUCKING RIGHT CALLING THEM M$$$$U!!!!!"

-Purderp fans
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-23, 10:57

LooseGoose wrote:See OTPT, I believe firmly in innocent until proven guilty and especially in the right to see and dispute any evidence against me.

You're convicting this lady based on the word of a known liar?  Why?   Because you think she's poor and black so can't resist 4 $100 bills?

I think there's more than a bit of racism in all of this from people.   If this were Foster Loyer's mom would everyone be so quick to say the lady from Clarkston took $$ for her son?

Why are you making this about race?

No one is "convicting" anyone.

Step away from the computer.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-02-23, 10:59

Miles is sitting on pins and needles too.

Fed College Hoops case taints MSU - Page 3 Png_im10

Last edited by MattyFresh on 2018-02-23, 11:00; edited 1 time in total
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-23, 11:00

MattyFresh wrote:https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/11/01/miles-bridges-michigan-state-sophomore-season-nba-lottery

"I knew I was staying," he says. "But I knew the backlash [was] coming, people going after me: 'Why would you stay?'"

He knew one of those people was his mother. Cynthia Bridges planned to retire from her job as a receptionist when he turned pro. She was about to have a second knee-replacement surgery, and she was going to have medical expenses. So when Miles called her and said he had decided to become that most dreaded word in college basketball, a sophomore, she was incredulous.

Cynthia said: "Miles, the bills are going to start coming in."

And Miles said: "Ma, you'll be O.K."

And his mom said: "What are you going to get if you win a championship? A cap and a shirt. What will Coach Izzo get? Millions."

And Miles said: "Money's the root of all evil. I'm not in it for the money."

Cynthia says she tried "anything and everything" to change her son's mind. But the battle was lost. Truth is, it was lost before he ever played a game at Michigan State. It was lost one night on campus, shortly after Bridges arrived in East Lansing. He and freshman Josh Langford were hanging out with junior Lourawls (Tum Tum) Nairn Jr., talking about spirituality and religion and the purpose of their existence from 8 p.m. until 2 a.m.

Bridges started crying.

He told them, "This is what I prayed for before I got to college—to have a spiritual connection with people, and find people who really care about me."

I’ll say it again if they make Bridges sit it would be disgusting. He gave up millions to play for his school. He should be the model college athlete and if he’s publicly disgraced over this I’d expect every future one and done to go pro to avoid the risk and unnecessary bs that goes with college sports.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-23, 11:00

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:See OTPT, I believe firmly in innocent until proven guilty and especially in the right to see and dispute any evidence against me.

Why are you making this about race?

No one is "convicting" anyone.

Step away from the computer.

Kiss my ass. It's all about race. No one would believe a white parent would sell their kid out for $400.

The NCAA ESPN, the schools, all of them exploit these kids then want to keep them broke and compliant. Reminds me of another system we once had.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-02-23, 11:00

MattyFresh wrote:
Miles is sitting on pins and needles too.

Fed College Hoops case taints MSU - Page 3 Png_im10

MILES BRIDGES SHARES INSTAGRAM STORY WITH IZZO-PURCHASED CHARTREUX CAT - FREEP LATE DAY SPECIAL EDITION
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next