Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

+28
MattyFresh
AvgMSUJoe
Motown Spartan
MSU addict
CORNER BLITZ
Banks2Mason
Cameron
Nordic
tGreenWay
Floyd Robertson
WhiteBoyHatcher
y2kMgrad
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
MiamiSpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
Heat Miser
duffy munn
Death Roe
TheReal_LWS
Jake from State Farm
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
Dr. Strangelove
The Pantry
aualum06
DWags
32 posters

Page 4 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 4 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

Post by tGreenWay 2018-12-30, 15:48

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Fucking Lions can’t even get losing right.

You didn't think they would put themselves in a position to draft Haskins and God forbid put pressure on Stafford, did you?

That organization has no idea what to do.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 4 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-12-30, 16:04

DWags wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Packers are laughing all the way to the draft

They’re a mess.  It’s what happens when you let a player run your franchise.  
You’re leaning too heavily into the other thread dwags. It’s obvious.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-12-30, 20:30

Giants, Cardinals, nfc south and afc West I believe next year. Schedule will be tough.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-12-30, 20:34

Actually nfc east and the bucs that is a little easier
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2018-12-30, 21:00

How did Eric Ebron all of a sudden learn how to catch this year? I don't get it.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-12-30, 21:06

y2kMgrad wrote:How did Eric Ebron all of a sudden learn how to catch this year? I don't get it.

I guess its easier catching with hooves than paws.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-12-30, 21:07

y2kMgrad wrote:How did Eric Ebron all of a sudden learn how to catch this year? I don't get it.

Good things happen to those who wait

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 4 4113017228 to leave the Lions.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-12-30, 21:08

Also, as was pointed out by someone on Facebook, there’s no reason to be disgusted with today’s win. Detroit would’ve just screwed up the higher draft pick, anyway.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-12-30, 21:16

I've got a great idea let's just release him with no back up plan
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-12-30, 21:40

aualum06 wrote:

I've got a great idea let's just release him with no back up plan

And if you're gonna make that move at least don it with your highest paid player.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-31, 06:28

tGreenWay wrote:Also, as was pointed out by someone on Facebook, there’s no reason to be disgusted with today’s win. Detroit would’ve just screwed up the higher draft pick, anyway.

We swept Green Bay this year. That’s always a positive even when they stink.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-31, 09:39

Lions 31, Packers 0: Defense a silver lining in disappointing year
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-31, 09:50

Martha speaks. Is she talking about the Lions? Or her and Nordy?

”We finished in a good way," Ford said.

Inside the locker room: Owner Martha Firestone Ford breaks silence to commend finish
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-31, 10:06

LooseGoose wrote:Martha speaks. Is she talking about the Lions? Or her and Nordy?

”We finished in a good way," Ford said.

Inside the locker room: Owner Martha Firestone Ford breaks silence to commend finish

She made money that's all she cares about.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2019-01-01, 17:33

JBC is gone
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-01-01, 17:33

Bye jim
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-01-01, 17:34

Is East Lansing a long commute?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-01-01, 17:41

Death Roe wrote:JBC is gone

Can't wait to see who I'm gonna put $100 on to make the Superbowl next year.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-01, 17:44

Spartan Adam Gase, please come on down!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-01-01, 17:47

So naturally a Jim Caldwell led Packers squad with JBC as OC win the division next year. God I hope....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2019-01-02, 18:16

The Lions have begun to scrub coaches off team website
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2019-01-03, 16:11

Well that ought to fix everything
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-03, 16:17

Looking like Caldwell interviewed at the Browns.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2019-01-03, 16:32

steveschneider wrote:Looking like Caldwell interviewed at the Browns.
Why not? He takes these interviews to help teams get past the Rooney Rule. He's a good soldier. Roundtrip first class plane ticket and 3 days/2 nights in a nice hotel on somebody's dime. They'll throw him an assistant job eventually
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-01-03, 17:15

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Why not? He takes these interviews to help teams get past the Rooney Rule. He's a good soldier. Roundtrip first class plane ticket and 3 days/2 nights in a nice hotel on somebody's dime. They'll throw him an assistant job eventually

Source? You realize he was 60-36 as a head coach if you take away the 2-14 season Indy had when Manning was out the whole year.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-03, 17:16

It’s too bad the Lions can’t fire Turtleneck.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-03, 17:17

Dr. Strangelove wrote:

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 4 502811600 What a hot take. Caldwell is a legit candidate because he’s a good coach.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-01-03, 18:09

Lions are only NFC team ‘not pictured’ in graphic showing division titles

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 4 Lions_10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-04, 00:00

Which organization is worse; Lions or Browns?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2019-01-04, 09:50

tGreenWay wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 4 502811600 What a hot take. Caldwell is a legit candidate because he’s a good coach.
Good QB coach? I'd say yes.
OC? Not so much. Ask the Ravens
HC? So so. Definitely not in college. Also not when his team is in Suck for Luck mode. He did a mediocre job as Lions head man. Which for that franchise is fairly successful. However they did fire him so something must be lacking.

He interviewed for a slew of jobs after he got let go by the Colts. He's a good soldier and willing to go along to get along. Not too many guys get a third bite at the apple.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2019-01-04, 09:55

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

HC? So so. Definitely not in college. Also not when his team is in Suck for Luck mode. He did a mediocre job as Lions head man. Which for that franchise is fairly successful. However they did fire him so something must be lacking.

He interviewed for a slew of jobs after he got let go by the Colts. He's a good soldier and willing to go along to get along. Not too many guys get a third bite at the apple.

I think he will.

If I had a veteran team that just needed a steady hand on the tiller I'd consider hiring him. He seems to gain and keep the respect of the players and maintain a cohesive locker room. If you have enough talent that can be enough to win.

I don't see him as a rah-rah inspirational leader that would do better with a younger team.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-04, 10:19

LooseGoose wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

I think he will.

If I had a veteran team that just needed a steady hand on the tiller I'd consider hiring him. He seems to gain and keep the respect of the players and maintain a cohesive locker room. If you have enough talent that can be enough to win.

I don't see him as a rah-rah inspirational leader that would do better with a younger team.

Like the packers. Just a calm ceo to chill out their princess qb. Hire an OC that will utilize his talents and a DC that will fix that side of the ball.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-01-04, 10:41

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I think he will.

Like the packers. Just a calm ceo to chill out their princess qb. Hire an OC that will utilize his talents and a DC that will fix that side of the ball.

Exactly
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2019-01-05, 20:28

The article ignores that the 2 previous OC's are in the playoffs too. Linehan with Dallas and Lombardi with New Orleans.

From Golden Tate to Ndamukong Suh: A look at notable former Lions in the NFL playoffs
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2019-01-05, 20:46

Eric Ebron now has 15 touchdowns in his 17 career games as a Colt, after having just 12 touchdowns in four seasons as a Lion.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-05, 20:57

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Eric Ebron now has 15 touchdowns in his 17 career games as a Colt, after having just 12 touchdowns in four seasons as a Lion.

He also has a playoff victory. Tying him with the total the lions have had in 55 years.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-01-05, 21:52

DWags wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:Eric Ebron now has 15 touchdowns in his 17 career games as a Colt, after having just 12 touchdowns in four seasons as a Lion.

He also has a playoff victory. Tying him with the total the lions have had in 55 years.

55 fucking years
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2019-01-05, 22:24

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:

55 fucking years
It's actually 62 fucking years
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-05, 22:31

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

55 fucking years
It's actually 62 fucking years

That’s early social security age.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-05, 22:43

The playoff win was such a unicorn for that franchise that it's almost a man on moon type of historical event. I was there man. 216B, row 2, don't remember seat #s. Willie Green The Touchdown Machine.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next