Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+26
Bill Cain
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
aualum06
Tim Wakefield
MattyFresh
Robert J Sakimano
I.B. Fine
Jake from State Farm
Nordic
SawGreen
MiamiSpartan
AvgMSUJoe
steveschneider
Rocinante
DWags
Banks2Mason
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
Death Roe
Cameron
30 posters

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat May 02, 2020 2:54 pm

Just started Waco on Netflix
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by DWags Sat May 02, 2020 3:30 pm

Saw bombshell last night. it was meh. If 1/3rd of the stuff in that movie was true and actually happened, people should be in prison. Loved the part where the two girls were saying how bill O'Reily brought a vibrator to the republican convention, not to use on a girl, but wanted the girl to use on him. hahahahhahahahaha, he had to hate that shit.

However, I don't remember the oscars, but the characters were made up to be dead on for a lot of the real people. Make up artist was unbelievable.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat May 02, 2020 6:05 pm

The Spenser Confidential movie wasn’t good. It was nothing close to the series of books by the late Robert B. Parker. Seems like they just took the characters and made a crap movie. There’s a reason Mark Wahlberg takes roles where he doesn’t have to say a lot of lines; he really is a bad actor.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat May 02, 2020 6:06 pm

Just saw a mention on TNT that there’s a second season of The Alienist. Looking forward to it. The first season was a good one.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat May 02, 2020 6:08 pm

DWags wrote:Saw bombshell last night. it was meh. If 1/3rd of the stuff in that movie was true and actually happened, people should be in prison. Loved the part where the two girls were saying how bill O'Reily brought a vibrator to the republican convention, not to use on a girl, but wanted the girl to use on him. hahahahhahahahaha, he had to hate that shit.

However, I don't remember the oscars, but the characters were made up to be dead on for a lot of the real people. Make up artist was unbelievable.

Especially Charlize Theron. The makeup artist(s) who worked on her just nailed it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat May 02, 2020 6:15 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Just started Waco on Netflix

That's next on the list after season 4 of last kingdom
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat May 02, 2020 7:45 pm

Saw it when it aired on Paramount last year (I think it is the same one). I wont spoil it for you.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat May 02, 2020 8:08 pm

Just saw this and thought some of you, especially those with kids, might be interested. A couple of IMAX filmmakers are making a few of their movies available for streaming. There’s even some educational tools available, if you want to get your kids’ brains out of first gear.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/science/imax-other-large-format-science-films-shown-in-museums-are-available-for-home-viewing/2020/05/01/3e085ed4-8a5b-11ea-9dfd-990f9dcc71fc_story.html
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Sat May 02, 2020 8:26 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Just saw a mention on TNT that there’s a second season of The Alienist. Looking forward to it. The first season was a good one.

That was a good show, was worried it wasn't coming back, thanks for the heads up
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat May 02, 2020 8:27 pm

MattyFresh wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Just saw a mention on TNT that there’s a second season of The Alienist. Looking forward to it. The first season was a good one.

That was a good show, was worried it wasn't coming back, thanks for the heads up

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 12 55953254
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sun May 03, 2020 3:40 am

Anyone watch penny dreadful? Not sure if it’s good or not. About the episodes in.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sun May 03, 2020 7:36 pm

aualum06 wrote:

That's next on the list after season 4 of last kingdom

10 minutes into episode 3 and now I don't know if I can go on.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun May 03, 2020 7:47 pm

Watched The Rhythm Section today. Spy/assassin/revenge movie. It was only okay. Muddled story, poorly developed characters. Blake Lively was a one-note Charlie throughout the whole 109 minutes. She can be a better actress than what she gave to this work.
Only recommended if there’s nothing else available to watch.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun May 03, 2020 7:52 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Saw it when it aired on Paramount last year (I think it is the same one). I wont spoil it for you.

Yep. That’s it. I am not too familiar with this story
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Sun May 03, 2020 8:25 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Crazy preacher with a penchant for guns, feds don't like his penchant for guns and burn his church down and kill a bunch of people. End of spoiler.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun May 03, 2020 8:50 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:

Crazy preacher with a penchant for guns, feds don't like his penchant for guns and burn his church down and kill a bunch of people. End of spoiler.

Bro
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun May 03, 2020 10:34 pm

dolemite is my name tonight
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue May 05, 2020 11:52 am

For those of you with Comcast/Xfinity, all of their premium channels will apparently be free next week, and this will even include Hulu according to the ad I saw last night. "Watchathon" they call it.

So if there's a show you want to watch on a channel that you don't get, plan for some binging.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue May 05, 2020 6:47 pm

JoJo Rabbit last night... Damn, that was pretty good.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri May 08, 2020 8:18 pm

I love watching Top Chef and arguing with the judges on who should go home
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri May 08, 2020 8:21 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:JoJo Rabbit last night... Damn, that was pretty good.

Loved that film
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri May 08, 2020 10:48 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:JoJo Rabbit last night... Damn, that was pretty good.

Loved that film

Yeah, wasn't expecting that. Taika Waititi is good on "what we do in the shadows"... Hitler was likable.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun May 10, 2020 1:21 pm

Blindspotting movie on hbo go. 7.7/10
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sun May 10, 2020 1:41 pm

Nordic wrote:I love watching Top Chef and arguing with the judges on who should go home

My sister in law got about two seconds of air time in the Kentucky season. The episode where everyone gets a cut of beef. She's the one saying there's way too much garlic in this dish.

At the time she was working for a farm outside of Louisville and she contacted the show about filming an episode there. They agreed and invited her to the group meal that they do for the elimination challenge.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun May 10, 2020 2:04 pm

Nordic wrote:I love watching Top Chef and arguing with the judges on who should go home

I love how restaurant wars is the big episode and they give them 48 hours and it is always basically.a disaster. Great show
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun May 10, 2020 3:27 pm

I don’t watch, but I’m usually in the room when my wife is watching and it’s fun to see her reaction when she disagrees with who gets the boot. She does the same with Project Runway.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun May 10, 2020 3:51 pm

Very much enjoyed The Gentlemen. Definitely had a Guy Ritchie feel to it. There were times in the first half it felt like the dialogue was co-written by Elmore Leonard and Quentin Tarantino. Hugh Grant probably surprised me the most; he really stepped up his game from his typical rom-com persona.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun May 10, 2020 6:29 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

I don’t watch, but I’m usually in the room when my wife is watching and it’s fun to see her reaction when she disagrees with who gets the boot. She does the same with Project Runway.

With Project Runway you can see what they are making. Top Chef, I can't taste the food and I'm an awful cook, but I still voice my opinion.

When I grow up I want to be Tim Gunn.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun May 10, 2020 6:51 pm

Nordic wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

With Project Runway you can see what they are making. Top Chef, I can't taste the food and I'm an awful cook, but I still voice my opinion.

When I grow up I want to be Tim Gunn.

A well-dressed, well-known, highly paid and respected gay man? Your wife might object but if you’re going to be someone else, go for the very successful type.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun May 10, 2020 6:54 pm

My wife is cool with it.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun May 10, 2020 8:38 pm

Binge watched all 10 episodes of season 3 of Ozark in the last few days.

Shocked
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sun May 10, 2020 9:42 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Binge watched all 10 episodes of season 3 of Ozark in the last few days.

Shocked
tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 12 55953254
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sun May 10, 2020 9:43 pm

Upload on prime... Better than a sharp stick in the eye.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon May 11, 2020 7:22 am

The Goldfinch on Prime. Pretty boring.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon May 11, 2020 8:27 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Binge watched all 10 episodes of season 3 of Ozark in the last few days.

Shocked
I remember liking season 1 a lot. As I recall, season 2 wasn't quite as appealing to me, but enough to keep watching it (and I don't really get sucked into TV shows) - but I thoroughly enjoyed season 3.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon May 11, 2020 8:39 am

Gonna give Into the Night a shot on Netflix. A Belgian series about a plane hijacking where the sun has become a killer. I’m guessing they chase the darkness.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue May 12, 2020 12:05 am

Ad astra. Seems like it got very mixed reviews with critics vs audience.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue May 12, 2020 5:04 pm

Watched all six episodes of Into the Night. Felt a little campy at first. Maybe I’m not use to a euro Series. Seemed to get better as it went. Held my interest. Would watch second season if they do it. Had a “walking dead” feel to it. Just that the sun was the zombies. Group dynamics and drama with the main protagonist being the sun. 6/10
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue May 12, 2020 5:55 pm

Sounds real dumb.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue May 12, 2020 5:56 pm

Like The Happening dumb.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next