Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches! We coming to poach em!

+23
I.B. Fine
Rocinante
MattyFresh
AvgMSUJoe
MiamiSpartan
Watch Out Pylon!
Heat Miser
WhiteBoyHatcher
duffy munn
GRR Spartan
Nordic
InTenSity
Dendrobates
Cameron
CORNER BLITZ
Other Teams Pursuing That
tGreenWay
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Turtleneck
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
DWags
27 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches!  We coming to poach em!   - Page 6 Empty Re: Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches! We coming to poach em!

Post by tGreenWay Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:48 pm

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

Headline if fine. We did try to poach some. Headline doesn't say we're going to be successful.

However, I like the effort. We'll see what happens after next fall. I like that we have money we're willing to spend. Lets not think because we have a younger more enthusiastic staff it translates to wins next year. Baby steps. I'ts a process.

I don't like getting yelled at. I might have to discuss coaches in a different thread.

We get that you’re probably much more used to being laughed at, but nobody here has been yelling at you.

Last edited by tGreenWay on Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches!  We coming to poach em!   - Page 6 Empty Re: Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches! We coming to poach em!

Post by steveschneider Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:51 pm

Found an update, it was Badgers WRs coach Ted Gilmore. Journal Sentinel said original had incomplete information. We shall see.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:52 pm

Milwaukee journal posted it too and then pulled their story.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:53 pm

steveschneider wrote:Milwaukee journal posted it too and then pulled their story.

Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches!  We coming to poach em!   - Page 6 294152859
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:55 pm

Here's one that needs to be pulled.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/ted-gilmore-is-leaving-the-wisconsin-football-staff-to-join-michigan-state/ar-BB10dq7D

Is this guy any good?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:57 pm

steveschneider wrote:Here's one that needs to be pulled.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/ted-gilmore-is-leaving-the-wisconsin-football-staff-to-join-michigan-state/ar-BB10dq7D

Is this guy any good?

Pleated khakis. Do not want.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:56 pm

NigelUno wrote:[tw]1230594899440877568[/tw]

Whoop whoop
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:21 am

Heat Miser wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Burton had a job at IU.  The OL Coach would have hooked up with another team or stayed at Colorado.  Barnett most likely would have coached elsewhere (and he's coming back to coach DBs...how is that not a win?).  Same with Tressel.  The OC?  I don't know.  

Do ANY of the hires thus far support the thread title??? You can excuse & justify all you want, but I'd call it all pretty underwhelming at this point relative to expectations & the increased $$$ pool. I really hope I'm wrong.

I'm pretty stoked about the guys they are bringing back. Is there a DB coach out there that is better than Harlon ? DL better than Burton? LB better Tress? I don't think so, especially the first two. Our D has been boss and sans Nardawg, these 3 have been the biggest reasons. Those three were also arguably the best crooters on the staff. I suspect the reigns will be taken off and be better under Tucker. Tress knows Ohio. Harlon knows Ohio/Michigan. You're also getting guys with DC experience in coordinator roles. I wouldn't replace those three with a shiney new object.

IMO it is smart to retain some that know the MSU environment and some know you (the 2 from Colorado). Hawkins is new to both, but has huge Michigan ties.

The OC doesn't really move the needle much for me on papwr, but it fits his model. He's familiar with him. They want to run the ball, which is fine by me. They run a lot of pistol and shotgun, not power. Sounds similar to what Salem was trying to move to and OSU ran a ton of last year (now we just need JK Dobbins).

IMO the only thing missing is a Ohio recruiting elephant Hunter. I would of loved to have seen them poach one of the guys from Ky or Cinci. Stoops/Fickells presence in Ohio is killing us in recruiting that area lately. I'd consider that a disappointment so far, but not the guys he's hired.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:45 am

Nordic wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Do ANY of the hires thus far support the thread title??? You can excuse & justify all you want, but I'd call it all pretty underwhelming at this point relative to expectations & the increased $$$ pool. I really hope I'm wrong.

I'm pretty stoked about the guys they are bringing back. Is there a DB coach out there that is better than Harlon ? DL better than Burton? LB better Tress? I don't think so, especially the first two. Our D has been boss and sans Nardawg, these 3 have been the biggest reasons. Those three were also arguably the best crooters on the staff. I suspect the reigns will be taken off and be better under Tucker. Tress knows Ohio. Harlon knows Ohio/Michigan. You're also getting guys with DC experience in coordinator roles. I wouldn't replace those three with a shiney new object.

IMO it is smart to retain some that know the MSU environment and some know you (the 2 from Colorado). Hawkins is new to both, but has huge Michigan ties.

The OC doesn't really move the needle much for me on papwr, but it fits his model. He's familiar with him. They want to run the ball, which is fine by me. They run a lot of pistol and shotgun, not power. Sounds similar to what Salem was trying to move to and OSU ran a ton of last year (now we just need JK Dobbins).

IMO the only thing missing is a Ohio recruiting elephant Hunter. I would of loved to have seen them poach one of the guys from Ky or Cinci. Stoops/Fickells presence in Ohio is killing us in recruiting that area lately. I'd consider that a disappointment so far, but not the guys he's hired.

One thing I learned through the entire coaching search process is all the great former players said they came to MSU because of Harlon. Also, you are spot on with the defensive coaches. We all saw that defense with our own eyes our defense was elite.

Regarding the OC last year Colorado put up over 30 points against Arizona State. If we can get our d elite again and an O that can put 20-30 points a game I'd take it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:58 am

[tw]1230897810712621056[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:05 pm

NigelUno wrote:[tw]1230897810712621056[/tw]

Glad to see it is done.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:26 pm

[tw]1230901173181247489[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:31 pm

Pretty cool that Darien Harris is part of the staff.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:37 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:Pretty cool that Darien Harris is part of the staff.
Yeah, but who is going to do color commentary for our spring game now?!?! Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches!  We coming to poach em!   - Page 6 1550444538
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:45 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Yeah, but who is going to do color commentary for our spring game now?!?! Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches!  We coming to poach em!   - Page 6 1550444538

I'm more worried about him having to water down his Twitter takes.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:51 pm

Ok, so if I'm not mistaken, we are missing a DC and an RB coach. And maybe another defensive assistant. Under MD we had a DE coach separate from DTs. But at Colorado, since he ran a 3-4, Tuck had an outside LB and inside LB coach. Chuck Bullough was our DE coach, of course, but I would think he could do OLBs, too. But you'd think he'd have been announced by now, unless he's a fall back. FWIW, Chuck and Tuck were both DB grad assistants at the same time at MSU.

Been some light rumors about Sedrick coaching RBs, but I don't know if it has any legs (pun intended). That could be Sedrick trying to put his hat in the ring. But his kid is also a highly recruited HS player as a freshman or sophomore, so I don't know if the timing is right or if it would raise NCAA flags. But that would be a Florida recruiter if we still need one.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:54 pm

Sedrick has stated in no uncertain terms on Twitter that he wants the job badly.

I don't the NCAA would raise an eyebrow. He's a former MSU player. Didn't Harlblow hire multiple kids parents, even a team mom?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:56 pm

Are these 'director of player personnel' positions those coaches a see all over the place on the sidelines during SEC football games?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:54 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Nordic wrote:

One thing I learned through the entire coaching search process is all the great former players said they came to MSU because of Harlon. Also, you are spot on with the defensive coaches. We all saw that defense with our own eyes our defense was elite.

Regarding the OC last year Colorado put up over 30 points against Arizona State. If we can get our d elite again and an O that can put 20-30 points a game I'd take it.

A number of players were openly advocating Barnett for the HC gig. He is well liked and an elite DB coach.

Last edited by Nordic on Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:11 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:Ok, so if I'm not mistaken, we are missing a DC and an RB coach. And maybe another defensive assistant. Under MD we had a DE coach separate from DTs. But at Colorado, since he ran a 3-4, Tuck had an outside LB and inside LB coach. Chuck Bullough was our DE coach, of course, but I would think he could do OLBs, too. But you'd think he'd have been announced by now, unless he's a fall back. FWIW, Chuck and Tuck were both DB grad assistants at the same time at MSU.

Been some light rumors about Sedrick coaching RBs, but I don't know if it has any legs (pun intended). That could be Sedrick trying to put his hat in the ring. But his kid is also a highly recruited HS player as a freshman or sophomore, so I don't know if the timing is right or if it would raise NCAA flags. But that would be a Florida recruiter if we still need one.

Unless I missed it, we need a ST coach. Will there be a recruiting coordinator/director of recruiting, or is that position filled?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:17 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:Ok, so if I'm not mistaken, we are missing a DC and an RB coach. And maybe another defensive assistant. Under MD we had a DE coach separate from DTs. But at Colorado, since he ran a 3-4, Tuck had an outside LB and inside LB coach. Chuck Bullough was our DE coach, of course, but I would think he could do OLBs, too. But you'd think he'd have been announced by now, unless he's a fall back. FWIW, Chuck and Tuck were both DB grad assistants at the same time at MSU.

Unless I missed it, we need a ST coach. Will there be a recruiting coordinator/director of recruiting, or is that position filled?

Maybe Lorenzo Guess gets a promotion. Anybody's guess, I guess.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:27 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Maybe Lorenzo Guess gets a promotion. Anybody's guess, I guess.

Turrible. Turrrrrrible.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:29 pm

Darien Harris. Director of player engagement
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:33 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:

I thought he was a really good/had a future as a color guy
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:35 pm

DWags wrote:Darien Harris. Director of player engagement

So DHarris introduces players to their future spouses before graduating/leaving campus?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:35 pm

Nordic wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Racist.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:39 pm

DWags wrote:Darien Harris. Director of player engagement

Huh... Engaging.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:41 pm

Nordic wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Remember his tweet after the OSU upset with our second string? Epic. Made me cry.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:42 pm

[tw]1230925540145672192[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:49 pm

How much extra are we paying the TE coach from Wisconsin?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:10 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Yeah, but who is going to do color commentary for our spring game now?!?!  Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches!  We coming to poach em!   - Page 6 1550444538

Captain Kirk if he can catch his breath after seeing his Saugatuck MI summer home sitting a lot closer to Lake Michigan than it was when they poured the foundation 3 years ago.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:50 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:Sedrick has stated in no uncertain terms on Twitter that he wants the job badly.

I don't the NCAA would raise an eyebrow. He's a former MSU player. Didn't Harlblow hire multiple kids parents, even a team mom?
In other words, the NCAS would slap us with major sanctions to send a message to everyone else.

I kid, I kid....kind of. I just remember how Izzo got punished because a guy that worked his camps knew a kid or whatever that nonsense was, even though he had always worked Izzo's camps.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:32 pm

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Milwaukee journal posted it too and then pulled their story.

Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches!  We coming to poach em!   - Page 6 294152859

lol!
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:36 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:Sedrick has stated in no uncertain terms on Twitter that he wants the job badly.

Yes and then the NCAA passed some new rules against parents and coaches of croots. Pretty sure bringing in Swervin' Irvin in as a coach and then signing his kid would be a violation.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:07 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:

In other words, the NCAS would slap us with major sanctions to send a message to everyone else.

I kid, I kid....kind of. I just remember how Izzo got punished because a guy that worked his camps knew a kid or whatever that nonsense was, even though he had always worked Izzo's camps.

Can’t remember those involved. Was it Carlton Valentine? Whatever happened to his kid?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:22 pm

Nordic wrote:

Yes and then the NCAA passed some new rules against parents and coaches of croots. Pretty sure bringing in Swervin' Irvin in as a coach and then signing his kid would be a violation.

Well, there you go then.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:34 pm

Roll call

OC/QB Johnson (from Colorado)
OL/Run Game Kapilovic (from Colorado)
WR Hawkins (from Flint Beecher)
TE Gilmore (from Wisconsin)
RB ???

DC ???
DL Burton
DB Barnett
LB(?) Tressel

ST ???

Pretty sure you can have 10 feild coaches, leaving 3 more to go
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:44 pm

I find it interesting that Gilmore would come from a WRC, which he has been (for the most part) since '94, to be a TE coach. He was also the Pass Game Coordinator at Wisky and Assistant HC at Nebraska. Seems like a step down.

I assume they are waiting to see how the rest of the staff fills out before announcing his position. He could easily do ST.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:38 am

Nordic wrote:I find it interesting that Gilmore would come from a WRC, which he has been (for the most part) since '94, to be a TE coach. He was also the Pass Game Coordinator at Wisky and Assistant HC at Nebraska. Seems like a step down.

I assume they are waiting to see how the rest of the staff fills out before announcing his position. He could easily do ST.

What is it about wisconsin that makes football coaches want to leave?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:12 pm

https://twitter.com/rivalsrobinson/status/1230951471145005057?s=21

Some interesting takes on Gill’s recruiting skills. Sounds like a good get to me.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next