Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches! We coming to poach em!

+23
I.B. Fine
Rocinante
MattyFresh
AvgMSUJoe
MiamiSpartan
Watch Out Pylon!
Heat Miser
WhiteBoyHatcher
duffy munn
GRR Spartan
Nordic
InTenSity
Dendrobates
Cameron
CORNER BLITZ
Other Teams Pursuing That
tGreenWay
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Turtleneck
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
DWags
27 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches!  We coming to poach em!   - Page 5 Empty Re: Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches! We coming to poach em!

Post by Heat Miser 2020-02-19, 12:32

Sounds good on paper, but Coach D had Andre Rison on staff for a while.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches!  We coming to poach em!   - Page 5 Empty Re: Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches! We coming to poach em!

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-02-19, 13:55

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Just curious, what is this based on (other than the fact that all coaches have to recruit)?
I suppose since he is in constant contact with the kids these days and has the NFL career to back it up... Just a guess. Resurrected a dead athletic program at Beecher (hoodiest of hoods) pretty much all by himself. Seems like "recruiter" would be up his alley.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-02-19, 15:04

Name 3 college WR coaches... Probably fine, definitely knows the position, Spartan, etc etc
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-19, 15:18

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Name 3 college WR coaches... Probably fine, definitely knows the position, Spartan, etc etc

I’m going to need some time to study.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-02-19, 21:12

While I am unsure either way about how Courtney will do, on a personal level I am very happy to have him on the staff. Scored the first TD that I ever saw in Spartan Stadium my freshman year. Flint area guy. And seems like a real quality person. Regardless of whether he can coach/recruit, it is cool to have him on the staff, so I really hope he does well.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-02-19, 21:36

MiamiSpartan wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:
He can relate to the kids. Will be a recruiter. Plus, Wide Receivers coach isn't the most crucial to an effective offense. And, he worked at Beecher, so probably like 100k a year doubled his salary.
Just curious, what is this based on (other than the fact that all coaches have to recruit)?

Current Michigan HS coach. City roots, which we are struggling with/need to repair right now. Not a Boomer. MSU grad (and a good one). But mostly pure assumption given the above and on Tucker's focus on recruiting. I don't see him bringing in assistance that can't recruit. Especially position coaches.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-19, 21:43

Guy had 9 years of NFL coaching. 9 years. What are you fucking kidding me? He doesn't know technique, best practices, secrets and tricks? He also has added a teaching degree. He will be just fine as far as teaching and coaching em up at practice. As far as organizing a practice, and game plan, he doesn't need that right now. You all think he's gonna be a great recruiter and that's fine, so do I. But a 9 year NFL vet will be able to help our receivers.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-02-19, 23:28

Didn't see it posted, Hawkins is official

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mlive.com/sports/2020/02/former-spartan-standout-courtney-hawkins-named-michigan-states-new-wrs-coach.html%3foutputType=amp
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-20, 14:45

[tw]1230558934018084865[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-02-20, 15:06

What to expect from Michigan State's new offensive coordinator Jay Johnson

Warning: Long.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-02-20, 15:17

Floyd Robertson wrote: What to expect from Michigan State's new offensive coordinator Jay Johnson

It will be a modern take of an option offense that works to get a numbers advantage wherever it can.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-20, 15:54

[tw]1230594899440877568[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-20, 15:56

Sounds like we'll get a new DC?

Tressel at LB Coach maybe?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-02-20, 16:55

I guess we got some dude from Wisconsin and he’s a good recruiter.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-02-20, 17:09

Floyd Robertson wrote: What to expect from Michigan State's new offensive coordinator Jay Johnson

And not very exciting.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-20, 17:13

steveschneider wrote:I guess we got some dude from Wisconsin and he’s a good recruiter.

You got a main stream media link for that?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-02-20, 17:16

NigelUno wrote:[tw]1230594899440877568[/tw]

That makes 3 of Coach D's guys (2 of which are taking demotions), 2 of Coach T's guys from Colorado, & a former MSU player with no college coaching experience. Remind me again why he needed an extra $1 million + for assistants? 4 slots left to make a splash.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-20, 17:22

Heat Miser wrote:
NigelUno wrote:[tw]1230594899440877568[/tw]

That makes 3 of Coach D's guys (2 of which are taking demotions), 2 of Coach T's guys from Colorado, & a former MSU player with no college coaching experience. Remind me again why he needed an extra $1 million + for assistants? 4 slots left to make a splash.

I'd guess the 2 Colorado guys got bumps. Barnett will probably be paid more than the old DB Coach. Burton may have received a raise to stay. 4 other guys could get more than the guys they replaced.

Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches!  We coming to poach em!   - Page 5 2599972566

It's a good thing. Whether they're worth it or not...we'll find out.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-02-20, 17:23

NigelUno wrote:Sounds like we'll get a new DC?

That's what I have figured would be the case. I wouldn't have been thrilled with Harlon at DC. But I am thrilled to have him as DB coach.

Call me crazy, but Burton coaching DL, Tressel coaching LB, and Barnett coaching DBs sure as hell has a familiar--and awesome--ring to it.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-02-20, 17:24

Nordic wrote:

It will be a modern take of an option offense that works to get a numbers advantage wherever it can.

Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches!  We coming to poach em!   - Page 5 1099637414 Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches!  We coming to poach em!   - Page 5 3434560931 Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches!  We coming to poach em!   - Page 5 3434560931 Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches!  We coming to poach em!   - Page 5 3434560931 Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches!  We coming to poach em!   - Page 5 3434560931 Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches!  We coming to poach em!   - Page 5 3434560931
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-20, 17:24

Heat Miser wrote:

And not very exciting.

You South Florida types always need bells and whistles tied to everything, including your women. Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches!  We coming to poach em!   - Page 5 3557613862
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-02-20, 17:29

NigelUno wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

I'd guess the 2 Colorado guys got bumps. Barnett will probably be paid more than the old DB Coach. Burton may have received a raise to stay. 4 other guys could get more than the guys they replaced.

Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches!  We coming to poach em!   - Page 5 2599972566

It's probably not a $6.4 million staff (or whatever the figure is), but I don't think we have to use the full $6.4 million (and I doubt that we are).

Some guys aren't going to want to leave their current spots in February, but we can take another run at some next year.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-20, 17:30

MiamiSpartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Sounds like we'll get a new DC?

That's what I have figured would be the case. I wouldn't have been thrilled with Harlon at DC. But I am thrilled to have him as DB coach.

Call me crazy, but Burton coaching DL, Tressel coaching LB, and Barnett coaching DBs sure as hell has a familiar--and awesome--ring to it.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-02-20, 17:33

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I guess we got some dude from Wisconsin and he’s a good recruiter.

This was it and looks like the link got taken down -

Another huge get for Mel Tucker! Dynamite coach and recruiter! https://twitter.com/journalsentine

I can confirm it was some Wisconsin coach but I'm so ignorant on cfb coaching staffs I already forgot the dudes name.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-02-20, 17:33

tGreenWay wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

And not very exciting.

You South Florida types always need bells and whistles tied to everything, including your women. Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches!  We coming to poach em!   - Page 5 3557613862

For all the $$$ we're spending on assistants, I was kind of hoping for an OC with a bit more "wow" on his resume. This guy's resume as an OC is pretty mediocre. Hope he proves me wrong.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-20, 17:36

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Another huge get for Mel Tucker! Dynamite coach and recruiter! https://twitter.com/journalsentine

I can confirm it was some Wisconsin coach but I'm so ignorant on cfb coaching staffs I already forgot the dudes name.

It's better to be right than first...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-02-20, 17:42

MiamiSpartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

It's probably not a $6.4 million staff (or whatever the figure is), but I don't think we have to use the full $6.4 million (and I doubt that we are).

Some guys aren't going to want to leave their current spots in February, but we can take another run at some next year.

This makes sense of course, but can lead to a host of problems IMHO:

1. Throw away year coming up.
2. Current coaches not "all-in" with uncertain futures.
3. Recruiting issues with uncertain coaching futures.

I would have thought all that extra $$$ would have pried some guys away from their current gigs...even in February. So far we've got an HS coach & 5 guys who were/would have been unemployed.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-20, 17:48

Heat Miser wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

For all the $$$ we're spending on assistants, I was kind of hoping for an OC with a bit more "wow" on his resume. This guy's resume as an OC is pretty mediocre. Hope he proves me wrong.

I’m underwhelmed by the OL coach. The list of schools where he coached is like a menu of losers.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-02-20, 17:56

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Couldn't agree more. I just noticed the source was Corey Robinson. I thought he worked at Yahoo Sports so I trusted it but looks like he's now writing for Rivals which is an 'insider' site. I won't make that mistake again.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-20, 17:56

Heat Miser wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I would have thought all that extra $$$ would have pried some guys away from their current gigs...even in February. So far we've got an HS coach & 5 guys who were/would have been unemployed.

Burton had a job at IU. The OL Coach would have hooked up with another team or stayed at Colorado. Barnett most likely would have coached elsewhere (and he's coming back to coach DBs...how is that not a win?). Same with Tressel. The OC? I don't know.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-02-20, 18:02

NigelUno wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Burton had a job at IU. The OL Coach would have hooked up with another team or stayed at Colorado. Barnett most likely would have coached elsewhere (and he's coming back to coach DBs...how is that not a win?). Same with Tressel. The OC? I don't know.

Do ANY of the hires thus far support the thread title??? You can excuse & justify all you want, but I'd call it all pretty underwhelming at this point relative to expectations & the increased $$$ pool. I really hope I'm wrong.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-02-20, 18:04

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Couldn't agree more. I just noticed the source was Corey Robinson. I thought he worked at Yahoo Sports so I trusted it but looks like he's now writing for Rivals which is an 'insider' site. I won't make that mistake again.

No worries Steve. Making a mistake with words is better than making nothing with emojis
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-02-20, 18:11

Heat Miser wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Well, Tucker wouldn't go around saying, "Yeah, I'm just hiring you for this year cause no one else is available, then I hope I can get someone better."

Even if coaches suspect that, I would think they'd also know that they've got a year-long interview to prove themselves.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-20, 18:12

Heat Miser wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Do ANY of the hires thus far support the thread title??? You can excuse & justify all you want, but I'd call it all pretty underwhelming at this point relative to expectations & the increased $$$ pool. I really hope I'm wrong.

I didn't realize I had to justify the thread title (or was making excuses). Thought we were just talking about some coaches.

I can hunt down DWags if you want to chat with him about the title.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-20, 18:20

kingstonlake wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

No worries Steve. Making a mistake with words is better than making nothing with emojis

Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches!  We coming to poach em!   - Page 5 1494614055
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-02-20, 18:23

When I make the mistake, I turn it around fast with a correction.

Steveschneider's posts you can trust.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-20, 18:24

NigelUno wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

I didn't realize I had to justify the thread title (or was making excuses). Thought we were just talking about some coaches.

Headline if fine. We did try to poach some. Headline doesn't say we're going to be successful.

However, I like the effort. We'll see what happens after next fall. I like that we have money we're willing to spend. Lets not think because we have a younger more enthusiastic staff it translates to wins next year. Baby steps. I'ts a process.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-02-20, 18:26

You know what would be a great article? Something confirming we have a QB that will put up points and big time throws to move the sticks.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-20, 18:29

steveschneider wrote:You know what would be a great article? Something confirming we have a QB that will put up points and big time throws to move the sticks.

You build a team starting at the line of scrimmage.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-20, 18:30

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Headline if fine. We did try to poach some. Headline doesn't say we're going to be successful.

However, I like the effort. We'll see what happens after next fall. I like that we have money we're willing to spend. Lets not think because we have a younger more enthusiastic staff it translates to wins next year. Baby steps. I'ts a process.

I don't like getting yelled at. I might have to discuss coaches in a different thread.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next