Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches! We coming to poach em!

+23
I.B. Fine
Rocinante
MattyFresh
AvgMSUJoe
MiamiSpartan
Watch Out Pylon!
Heat Miser
WhiteBoyHatcher
duffy munn
GRR Spartan
Nordic
InTenSity
Dendrobates
Cameron
CORNER BLITZ
Other Teams Pursuing That
tGreenWay
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Turtleneck
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
DWags
27 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches!  We coming to poach em!   - Page 8 Empty Re: Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches! We coming to poach em!

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 29 Feb 2020 - 1:52

'I heard elsewhere' that the Secchia designation has been in place for the DC since we had to ante up for Duzzi back in '14 or whatever. Doesn't seem like this is anything new.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches!  We coming to poach em!   - Page 8 Empty Re: Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches! We coming to poach em!

Post by tGreenWay Sat 29 Feb 2020 - 5:41

Rocinante wrote:What is a Secchia family?

Formal name for a complete set of bocce balls.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat 29 Feb 2020 - 9:33

Nordic wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

And it sure looks like Secchia is financing at least one of the hires.

[tw]1233523438578364416[/tw]

Ha. Good eye.

Secchia has given a lot of money, and appears to have made that specific donation in 2014:

MSU Receives $3 Million Gift for Spartan Athletics

November 7, 2014
Helping to ensure the future success of Michigan State University athletics, alumni Peter and Joan Secchia have made a $3 million gift that is being directed toward the endowment of the defensive coordinator position with the MSU football team and capital improvements for the MSU men’s basketball program.

I had never seen the DC position specifically referred to in that way. Another school has done it for awhile...

LESTER FAMILY DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR/LINEBACKERS
DON BROWN

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon 2 Mar 2020 - 13:13

Mel Tucker hires successor to retiring strength coach Ken Mannie

This is interesting. From IMG Academy? Partially a recruiting move? Prior to that 11 years as a Titans asst., then 4 years as CMU's director of S&C. Resume' seems a bit light, but I like this:

He’s also on the cutting edge of training and analytics.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon 2 Mar 2020 - 13:44

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:'I heard elsewhere' that the Secchia designation has been in place for the DC since we had to ante up for Duzzi back in '14 or whatever. Doesn't seem like this is anything new.

Ohhh snap...."tSwill's un-paid intern for Defensive coach's coffee order"... Get it done swill contact's in the football building.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 2 Mar 2020 - 13:52

anyone know what (if anything) happened to Tommy Hoke (he was the assoc. strength/conditioning guy)?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 2 Mar 2020 - 14:11

Heat Miser wrote:Mel Tucker hires successor to retiring strength coach Ken Mannie

This is interesting. From IMG Academy? Partially a recruiting move? Prior to that 11 years as a Titans asst., then 4 years as CMU's director of S&C. Resume' seems a bit light, but I like this:

He’s also on the cutting edge of training and analytics.

I think he was only at IMG one year, but can't hurt.

Illinois hired an IMG Coach a few years back.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Mon 2 Mar 2020 - 18:43

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon 2 Mar 2020 - 20:49

NigelUno wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:Mel Tucker hires successor to retiring strength coach Ken Mannie

Pretty sure the Harbaugh rules will prohibit us from crootin' kids from IMG for two years.

Edit with a link: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football-recruiting/2017/4/12/15267040/ncaa-rule-high-school-coach-recruit-camp-hire
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon 2 Mar 2020 - 21:12

Nordic wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Pretty sure the Harbaugh rules will prohibit us from crootin' kids from IMG for two years.

Edit with a link: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football-recruiting/2017/4/12/15267040/ncaa-rule-high-school-coach-recruit-camp-hire

That seems like maybe not such a great hire then. Although I don't recall us pulling very many IMG kids anyway. Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches!  We coming to poach em!   - Page 8 2599972566
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 2 Mar 2020 - 22:48

Heat Miser wrote:
Nordic wrote:

That seems like maybe not such a great hire then. Although I don't recall us pulling very many IMG kids anyway. Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches!  We coming to poach em!   - Page 8 2599972566

Jim Harbaugh screwing it up for everyone
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon 2 Mar 2020 - 23:12

Two? A TE and OL? I"m assuming we aren't in any IMG guys for 2020, but don't know
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 3 Mar 2020 - 0:06

Nordic wrote:Two? A TE and OL? I"m assuming we aren't in any IMG guys for 2020, but don't know

Bring back Charlie Baggett so we have a good recruiter in Florida again.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 3 Mar 2020 - 1:08

Was anyone excited when Saban hired Toledo’s strength coach Ken Mannie In 1995?

Coaching or playing in the NFL is a common thread with several members of the staff including HC Tucker.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 3 Mar 2020 - 9:56

Heat Miser wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Camper is the only one I remember.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue 3 Mar 2020 - 19:37

Steve's gonna be pissed

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/college/university-of-cincinnati/2020/03/03/cincinnati-bearcats-football-dan-enos-being-hired-coach-running-backs/4941122002/
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue 3 Mar 2020 - 20:05

Nordic wrote:Steve's gonna be pissed

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/college/university-of-cincinnati/2020/03/03/cincinnati-bearcats-football-dan-enos-being-hired-coach-running-backs/4941122002/
Ok guys, the qb is gonna hand you the ball, at that point he might fake like he still has it and you run. There are some big guys that may or may not block the other big guys. Try to outrun the other team.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue 3 Mar 2020 - 20:10

InTenSity wrote:
Nordic wrote:Steve's gonna be pissed

Ok guys, the qb is gonna hand you the ball, at that point he might fake like he still has it and you run. There are some big guys that may or may not block the other big guys. Try to outrun the other team.

Hired
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 3 Mar 2020 - 20:31

Nordic wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Hired

What? That’s your hiring process? He dint even tell his backs to hold onto the football! Now they’re going to be fumbling all the time. I would’ve told them to hold onto the football, because fumbling away the ball is bad! It’s bad!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 10 Mar 2020 - 15:42

[tw]1237436280272814081[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 10 Mar 2020 - 16:43

Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1237436280272814081[/tw]

Things that make me go, “Hmmm...”
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue 10 Mar 2020 - 16:54

Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1237436280272814081[/tw]
Hazelton handled LB duties in addition to DC at his last couple of stops, but this is still pretty surprising. I thought that Hazelton and Tressel might split LB duties, as Tucker had an ILB and OLB coach at Colorado for his 3-4 defense. And, of course, we had separate DE and DT coaches the last few years for our 3-4 defense. So I hope that having separate S and CB coaches doesn't mean we're going to a 3-3-5. Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches!  We coming to poach em!   - Page 8 1550444538 I'd like to think that's not the case, as Tucker doesn't seem like a 3-3-5 kinda guy, though I haven't really read what formation Hazelton has historically run.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue 10 Mar 2020 - 18:14

Our D coordinator passes the ole' eyeball test in the video above. The RB coach...ummmm...well...kinda looks like how I envision Bob to look
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 10 Mar 2020 - 18:50

Nordic wrote:Our D coordinator passes the ole' eyeball test in the video above. The RB coach...ummmm...well...kinda looks like how I envision Bob to look

Is he the one who looks like he should be working on the coach’s computers?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Tue 10 Mar 2020 - 19:29

Nordic wrote:Our D coordinator passes the ole' eyeball test in the video above. The RB coach...ummmm...well...kinda looks like how I envision Bob to look

Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches!  We coming to poach em!   - Page 8 502811600 Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches!  We coming to poach em!   - Page 8 502811600

But by Bob's combine stats he posts every day, it seems that he would weigh 75lbs less than the RBs coach

6'0"
115lb
30x33
RHR 17
never had wendy's

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 10 Mar 2020 - 21:09

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches!  We coming to poach em!   - Page 8 502811600 Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches!  We coming to poach em!   - Page 8 502811600

But by Bob's combine stats he posts every day, it seems that he would weigh 75lbs less than the RBs coach

6'0"
115lb
30x33
RHR 17
never had wendy's

I hope that doesn’t offend Bob. Hide yo coaches and recruiters bitches!  We coming to poach em!   - Page 8 2943907172
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat 14 Mar 2020 - 13:55

Michigan State football: Coordinators Jay Johnson, Scottie Hazelton get nearly $1M each

Tressel will make the same amount as safeties coach that he did as DC. Talk about failing up.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat 14 Mar 2020 - 16:16

Heat Miser wrote:Michigan State football: Coordinators Jay Johnson, Scottie Hazelton get nearly $1M each

Tressel will make the same amount as safeties coach that he did as DC. Talk about failing up.

If I can find the link I'll post it, but I saw earlier this week where four coordinators/assistants on tOSU's staff will be getting at least a million for the 2020 season. In other words, we're going to be playing catch-up forever.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat 14 Mar 2020 - 16:25

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:Michigan State football: Coordinators Jay Johnson, Scottie Hazelton get nearly $1M each

If I can find the link I'll post it, but I saw earlier this week where four coordinators/assistants on tOSU's staff will be getting at least a million for the 2020 season. In other words, we're going to be playing catch-up forever.

Except tO$U wins the conference and makes the playoffs almost every year. These boys better be ready for some heightened expectations. 7-6 don't cut it.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 14 Mar 2020 - 16:28

I’d take 7-6 the first 2 years. This team sucks.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 14 Mar 2020 - 17:05

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I’d take 7-6 the first 2 years. This team sucks.

I’d take 7-6 the first year for the reason you said. I’d like to see at least 8 the second year just for the sake of seeing progress. But I also know I haven’t looked at our roster to know who will be gone after next season, haven’t looked at our schedule after next year, and have absolutely no idea if this is the HC who will get us there, but that’s because I don’t know who this guy is, so I can’t get a read on what his sustained ceiling is.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat 14 Mar 2020 - 17:26

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Saw that as well. The BIG has fu money from their TV deals.. My GAF level for how much we are paying this staff is 0. The next person in line to hire is always going to have overpay to keep up. Spend it or get left behind.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat 14 Mar 2020 - 17:41

Nordic wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Saw that as well. The BIG has fu money from their TV deals.. My GAF level for how much we are paying this staff is 0. The next person in line to hire is always going to have overpay to keep up. Spend it or get left behind.

The point is we're already getting "left behind" results. If we're spending "big boy" money, then I expect "big boy" results. Is this a "big boy" staff? We'll see, but on paper at least, I'd say no.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat 14 Mar 2020 - 17:44

Everybody expects results
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed 18 Mar 2020 - 0:03

BIG has FU money...

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/17/indiana-football-strength-coach-hired-one-of-highest-paid-in-fbs/
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8