Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

+19
AvgMSUJoe
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
GRR Spartan
Motown Spartan
Rocinante
Heathens '87
NigelUno
MattyFresh
DWags
Nordic
The Pantry
kingstonlake
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
Turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
23 posters

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-06-01, 17:35

MATTY GET YOUR FUCKING ASS BACK HERE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by Turtleneck 2019-07-06, 12:39

This thread is a lot better than the golf thread.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-07-06, 15:27

Turtleneck wrote:This thread is a lot better than the golf thread.

Debatable.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-07-06, 16:43

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:This thread is a lot better than the golf thread.

Debatable.

No. At least this thread is about sportz.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-07-06, 17:16

What did Travis do to make Matty leave? And can we trade Travis for Matty straight up? Throw in IB if we need to make it work.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-07-19, 17:22

I’m seeing Liverpool tonight at notre dame ama
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-07-24, 22:17

Liverpool and Sporting Lisbon tie so both teams win the Western Union Cup!!! Woooooooooooo!!!!!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-07-25, 01:10

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’m seeing Liverpool tonight at notre dame ama

What the fuck happened, trav? Where are the pics?
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-07-25, 09:56

It was great otpt. I saw that guy in my avatar. He looked at me and I’m pretty sure we are best friends now.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-10-15, 22:44

USA just lost to Canada LMAO
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-10-15, 23:05

Everything is broken.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-10-29, 20:08

We’re playing UM live on your local btn station starting I think when this other game ends so in like a couple minutes.

Fuck you if you do not watch this with rabid attention it would make you less of a SPARTAN
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-10-29, 20:10

Oh God do they do fucking overtime in college regular season games. Stupid *eyeroll emoji*
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-10-29, 20:19

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:We’re playing UM live on your local btn station starting I think when this other game ends so in like a couple minutes.

Fuck you if you do not watch this with rabid attention it would make you less of a SPARTAN

Is MSU any good travis
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-10-29, 20:19

I dunno. Fuck um tho
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-10-29, 20:22

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 2 F894eb10
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-10-29, 20:24

Penn state just won. Great who cares. Here we go.

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 2 Giphy
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-10-29, 20:25

Fuck
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-10-29, 20:47

Everything is terrible
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-10-29, 20:55

This does not sound like it's going well.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-10-29, 20:56

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Everything is terrible
Yes.

As always, soccer sucks ass.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-10-29, 21:01

The Pantry wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Everything is terrible
Yes.

As always, soccer sucks ass.

Thank you for stopping by.

Blue.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-10-29, 23:30

Two soccer players in Italy have been suspended for blasphemy. Apparently, taking the lord’s name in vain in forbidden, even if racism isn’t. Rolling Eyes

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/10/29/football/italy-soccer-blasphemy-magnanelli-scozzarella-spt-intl/index.html
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-11-23, 11:42

Just marvelous

https://www.espn.com/soccer/internazionale/story/3995581/inter-boss-conte-tells-players-how-to-have-sex-least-effort-possible
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-01-11, 12:01

Travis, my oldest is all-in on the Premier League. Who should we adopt as our squad?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-01-11, 13:34

Liverpool, duh.

I mean so the thing is they are the best team in the world at the moment. That might not be your thing if you don’t want to feel bandwagony. You’ll have to tell me what you’re looking for a little
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-01-11, 14:06

I assume there are some kind of playoffs coming up, so stratch off any team with no shot. We watched Arsenal, they seemed aggressive, I liked it. This game is pretty boring.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-01-11, 14:12

Wish. That got the ticket going.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-01-11, 14:25

Nordic wrote:I assume there are some kind of playoffs coming up, so stratch off any team with no shot. We watched Arsenal, they seemed aggressive, I liked it. This game is pretty boring.
There are no playoffs for the Premier League, but there are separate European tournaments that involve some of the English teams, which are a playoff format and run concurrently with the domestic leagues (I think it restarts on Feb after a winter break).

Don't listen to Travis, whatever you do. And don't let her become an Arsenal fan. Trust me on these.

Don't let her become a Mancheater City fan, unless you want to support one of the worst human rights abusing regimes in the world that uses the club for sports washing, as a PR tool to take attention away from how they beat and kill dissidents.

Don't let her be a Manchester United fan...and I say that as a fan of that club for 35 years...but I can't quit them, it is part of me. She still has a choice. It's the worst run club in the league, with owners that couldn't give a shit, and let a banker run the club. It is a business first, second, and third, with sports almost an afterthought. The owners also own the Tampa Bay Bucs.

Some possibilities to consider:

Chelsea has Pulisic, the best American player ever.

Tottenham had been a solid, exciting team for a few years, but have been down this year, and changed coaches in November, so it is hard to say what the future holds for them.

Leicester City are kind of an underdog team that plays above themselves. But it is hard to say if it is one up year (like when they won it all in 2014), or if they will be consistently solid.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-01-11, 14:40

My team and Miami’s team are rivals so he’s just being a big old goof. Don’t listen to him about that not listening to me part
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-01-11, 15:31

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:My team and Miami’s team are rivals so he’s just being a big old goof. Don’t listen to him about that not listening to me part
That part of my advice was in general, not based on soccer. Wink
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-01-15, 20:46

Alright, so I started down the wormhole of trying to figure out what the different leagues are and oh boy do I have some questions.

The top 4 Premier League finishers qualify for the Champion's League. Easy enough. Sounds like there might be others ways to qualify, but I'm not even gonna worry about that. What I can't figure out is the seasons. The Premier League runs from Aug--May. When does the Champion's League start and end?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-01-15, 21:16

Nordic wrote:Alright, so I started down the wormhole of trying to figure out what the different leagues are and oh boy do I have some questions.

The top 4 Premier League finishers qualify for the Champion's League. Easy enough. Sounds like there might be others ways to qualify, but I'm not even gonna worry about that. What I can't figure out is the seasons. The Premier League runs from Aug--May. When does the Champion's League start and end?
The short answer is that tha Champions League runs concurrently with the Premier League and all other European Leagues. The main part starts in September and the final is in late May/early June. There are qualifying rounds in July and August that involve the 4th place teams from major countries and also top teams from places like the Albanian and Kazakhstan leagues, but the main group stages start in September.

The CL games are midweek, except for the Final, so teams play in the CL on Tuesday/Wednesday and then the PL on Sat/Sun (the PL also plays some midweek games in the second half of the season). There are also the domestic cup (tournament) competitions, which are playoff formats that also run concurrently with the Premier League and Champions League. So teams can be playing in 4 separate competitions at the same time, but they are all coordinated and/or games are moved around so that games don't conflict.

In England, the domestic cups are the League Cup (currently called the Carabao Cup) and the FA Cup. These involve teams from all levels, not just the Premier League. The League Cup runs from September to February for the Premier League teams, and the FA Cup runs from January to May for the PL teams. Most teams don't care about the League Cup until they get to the Quarterfinals or Semi-finals and play their backups and youth players in earlier rounds. The FA Cup used to be a very major trophy, almost as important as the Premier League (and it's previous iteration), but has waned in importance since 2000 due to political bullshit fucking with it. It is still a real nice competition to win if you can't win the PL, but not as prestigious as it used to be.

If you care, there is also the Europa League, which is kind of like the NIT to the Champions League NCAAs, for teams that finish 5th, 6th, 7th or something like that. And I think next year they're starting a 3rd tier European competition, which will kind of be like that CBI or whatever that is below the NIT.

Believe or not, that's a relatively brief explanation, as I had to stop myself from delving into some more background or other countries' leagues/cups.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-01-15, 21:24

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Nordic wrote:Alright, so I started down the wormhole of trying to figure out what the different leagues are and oh boy do I have some questions.

The short answer is that tha Champions League runs concurrently with the Premier League and all other European Leagues.  The main part starts in September and the final is in late May/early June.  There are qualifying rounds in July and August that involve the 4th place teams from major countries and also top teams from places like the Albanian and Kazakhstan leagues, but the main group stages start in September.

The CL games are midweek, except for the Final, so teams play in the CL on Tuesday/Wednesday and then the PL on Sat/Sun (the PL also plays some midweek games in the second half of the season).  There are also the domestic cup (tournament) competitions, which are playoff formats that also run concurrently with the Premier League and Champions League.  So teams can be playing in 4 separate competitions at the same time, but they are all coordinated and/or games are  moved around so that games don't conflict.

In England, the domestic cups are the League Cup (currently called the Carabao Cup) and the FA Cup.  These involve teams from all levels, not just the Premier League.  The League Cup runs from September to February for the Premier League teams, and the FA Cup runs from January to May for the PL teams.  Most teams don't care about the League Cup until they get to the Quarterfinals or Semi-finals and play their backups and youth players in earlier rounds.  The FA Cup used to be a very major trophy, almost as important as the Premier League (and it's previous iteration), but has waned in importance since 2000 due to political bullshit fucking with it. It is still a real nice competition to win if you can't win the PL, but not as prestigious as it used to be.

If you care, there is also the Europa League, which is kind of like the NIT to the Champions League NCAAs, for teams that finish 5th, 6th, 7th or something like that.  And I think next year they're starting a 3rd tier European competition, which will kind of be like that CBI or whatever that is below the NIT.

Believe or not, that's a relatively brief explanation, as I had to stop myself from delving into some more background or other countries' leagues/cups.

Got it

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 2 AejMU9gYbnp9gAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-01-15, 22:12

Lol, pretty much. It makes more sense when you (or your daughter) are following a team week to week, as you see/hear/read whats coming up, game by game, as opposed to just having a ton of general information thrown at you all at once.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-01-16, 07:13

I’d say it took about a full season for it all to click and make sense.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-01-18, 12:43

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’d say it took about a full season for it all to click and make sense.

MiamiSpartan wrote:Lol, pretty much. It makes more sense when you (or your daughter) are following a team week to week, as you see/hear/read whats coming up, game by game, as opposed to just having a ton of general information thrown at you all at once.

That's kinda my plan. Got Chelsea on the tele now. Looks like some good action tomorrow. Where/When do I find these CL games?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-01-18, 12:56

Nordic wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’d say it took about a full season for it all to click and make sense.

MiamiSpartan wrote:Lol, pretty much. It makes more sense when you (or your daughter) are following a team week to week, as you see/hear/read whats coming up, game by game, as opposed to just having a ton of general information thrown at you all at once.

That's kinda my plan. Got Chelsea on the tele now. Looks like some good action tomorrow. Where/When do I find these CL games?

Usually Tuesday and Wednesday on TNT
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-01-18, 13:13

And not again until I think late february
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-01-28, 18:53

I hear we gotta women's Olympic qualifying match on tonight
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next