Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 2020 Presidential campaign.

+24
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
InTenSity
Heat Miser
MSU addict
Dendrobates
Jake from State Farm
AvgMSUJoe
Travis of the Cosmos
Rocinante
MattyFresh
GRR Spartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
Heathens '87
Cameron
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
MiamiSpartan
Motown Spartan
kingstonlake
28 posters

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 2 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by Travis of the Cosmos November 6th 2020, 7:49 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:He won’t leave. He’s attempting a coupe. The time to give him the boot is now.

Calling for a certain coup in order to head of what you think will be a coup. Glad to see the inconsistency coming from both sides.

He has a right to challenge the results. Just because you don't want him to doesn't mean he doesn't have the right.

His challenges are bullshit. Many have been thrown out already. Many more will be thrown out and/or will be irrelevant to the final result.

If it wasn't for all the damage he could do until then, I'd actually like to see him refuse to leave, just to see him get perp-walked out of the White House.

Please don’t take a steve post and blanket an entire side with it
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and Other Teams Pursuing That like this post

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 2 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by MiamiSpartan November 6th 2020, 8:09 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Calling for a certain coup in order to head of what you think will be a coup. Glad to see the inconsistency coming from both sides.

He has a right to challenge the results. Just because you don't want him to doesn't mean he doesn't have the right.

His challenges are bullshit. Many have been thrown out already. Many more will be thrown out and/or will be irrelevant to the final result.

If it wasn't for all the damage he could do until then, I'd actually like to see him refuse to leave, just to see him get perp-walked out of the White House.

Please don’t take a steve post and blanket an entire side with it

Fair point.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That November 6th 2020, 8:19 pm

I really wanted to see a victory speech tonight.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh November 6th 2020, 8:36 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:Got my small dose of Fox News.. Jesse Watters on there saying that 4 states are razor thin like 2000 Florida. He was liking the 2020 results of Pennsylvania (14,541+), Michigan (146,123), Arizona (39,400+/-), and Wisconsin (20,542) to 2000 Bush v Gore in Florida... that vote was separated by 537 votes Jesse! I swear people on Fox News are so dense...

But he didn't include the actual closest vote in Georgia?

Que fuck?

He didn’t mention states, that’s on me but even with Georgia that’s 4K right now. He was just saying he doesn’t understand why democrats are complaining about recounts and cited the “razor thin like Florida in 2000”
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan November 6th 2020, 8:53 pm

MattyFresh wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

But he didn't include the actual closest vote in Georgia?

Que fuck?

He didn’t mention states, that’s on me but even with Georgia that’s 4K right now. He was just saying he doesn’t understand why democrats are complaining about recounts and cited the “razor thin like Florida in 2000”

Most people that reference Florida 2000 when it comes to close elections/the Supreme Court, as if it has any relevance today, don't really know much about what went on other than it was close and the case went to the Supreme Court. And this guy you saw is a good example, just on the quantities alone (nevermind other issues). Even Georgia is a blowout by comparison.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

MattyFresh likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe November 6th 2020, 9:23 pm

So I saw if the candidates want a recount in Wisconsin and it's further than like a quarter of a percent, the candidate has to pay for it... Lol if trump broke.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That November 6th 2020, 9:45 pm

CALL IT
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher November 6th 2020, 10:29 pm

I'm drinking anyway otpt. Speech to start soon.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher November 6th 2020, 10:57 pm

I'm watching the speech. And I like the guy. Sorta having a Tommy Boy moment and I'm thrilled with that.

"You guys wanna watch this or American Gladiators?"
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That November 6th 2020, 11:01 pm

That was awesome.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! November 6th 2020, 11:05 pm

They should call NC and PA at this point. Let's get this shit over with.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan November 7th 2020, 12:05 am

The GOP is grasping at straws in nearly every place where its close and where its close and Biden was declared the winner.

4 years ago Trump won MI by 0.3% margin and was gleeful. This year Biden won by 2.7% margin. Biden got 146,000 more votes than Trump in MI. That's more than 14 times more votes than Trump got to beat Clinton in 2016.

146,000 is more votes than Trump got in MI, PA and WI combined to beat Clinton in 2016.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider November 7th 2020, 6:36 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:He won’t leave. He’s attempting a coupe. The time to give him the boot is now.

You call it challenging it I call it an unhinged lunatic triggering the violent extremist and trashing our system that worked just fine. This is about him wanting to send his goons into polling stations to harass the vote counters, intimidate with violence and find any opportunity they can to undermine the will of the people.

This guy shouldn’t be president he’s a modern day Jim Jones that sits at the most powerful desk in the country and has a bunch of heavily armed nut jobs as worshippers.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson November 7th 2020, 6:53 am

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

You call it challenging it I call it an unhinged lunatic triggering the violent extremist and trashing our system that worked just fine. This is about him wanting to send his goons into polling stations to harass the vote counters, intimidate with violence and find any opportunity they can to undermine the will of the people.

This guy shouldn’t be president he’s a modern day Jim Jones that sits at the most powerful desk in the country and has a bunch of heavily armed nut jobs as worshippers.

Speaking of that desk, Trump is the only president I've ever thought would try to steal the resolute desk on his way out of the oval. The Secret Service and FBI need to keep a close eye when the moving vans show up.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags November 7th 2020, 7:57 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Speaking of that desk, Trump is the only president I've ever thought would try to steal the resolute desk on his way out of the oval. The Secret Service and FBI need to keep a close eye when the moving vans show up.

Serious question: it’s custom to get security briefings if you’re an ex president I think. Do they give Trump any?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson November 7th 2020, 8:05 am

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Serious question: it’s custom to get security briefings if you’re an ex president I think. Do they give Trump any?

Probably. Until he's a convicted felon.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm November 7th 2020, 9:14 am

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Just give them to him in print. He never reads them anyway.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake November 7th 2020, 10:09 am

Made the mistake of flipping to Fox news late last night. Gym Jordan and Matt Gaetz calling for republican state legislatures to submit electoral candidates for Trump to Congress.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan November 7th 2020, 10:14 am

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt and assumed that you were talking about legal challenges, which, although unlikely to have any effect, is at least somewhat plausible to find a path that will succeed. But now I see you were going deep down the rabbit hole to a scenario that is virtually impossible to succeed.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider November 7th 2020, 10:52 am

kingstonlake wrote:Made the mistake of flipping to Fox news late last night. Gym Jordan and Matt Gaetz calling for republican state legislatures to submit electoral candidates for Trump to Congress.

Exactly. They’ve been saying it out loud for months and they mean it. Bannon is calling for it and I’m sure it’s just a matter of time before trump demands it if he hasn’t already. I’m still optimistic that no one will go along with it but it’s a legit threat. If it happens game set match our democracy is gone.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan November 7th 2020, 10:52 am

kingstonlake wrote:Made the mistake of flipping to Fox news late last night. Gym Jordan and Matt  Gaetz calling for republican state legislatures to submit electoral candidates for Trump to Congress.

Anytime you listen to Gym Jordan says you lose at least as many brain cells as you would if you go on a 3 day bender.

In MI you can just go back to the 146,000 vote / 2.7% Biden margin and ask why none of the GOP got soldiers question every questioned the veracity of Trumps 0.03% 11,700 vote margin in 2016.

Its all bullshit.

I think Utah US Senator Mike Lee had a moment of honesty in a tweet he sent immediately after the Vice Presidential Debate in October.

Democracy isn’t the objective; liberty, peace, and prospefity are. We want the human condition to flourish. Rank democracy can thwart that,” he wrote, misspelling prosperity."

I read that to mean in Trump / GOP,  democracy is no longer an important component of our country therefore actually counting votes isn't important.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake November 7th 2020, 10:58 am

GRR Spartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Made the mistake of flipping to Fox news late last night. Gym Jordan and Matt  Gaetz calling for republican state legislatures to submit electoral candidates for Trump to Congress.

Anytime you listen to Gym Jordan says you lose at least as many brain cells as you would if you go on a 3 day bender.

In MI you can just go back to the 146,000 vote / 2.7% Biden margin and ask why none of the GOP got soldiers question every questioned the veracity of Trumps 0.03% 11,700 vote margin in 2016.

Its all bullshit.

I think Utah US Senator Mike Lee had a moment of honesty in a tweet he sent immediately after the Vice Presidential Debate in October.

Democracy isn’t the objective; liberty, peace, and prospefity are. We want the human condition to flourish. Rank democracy can thwart that,” he wrote, misspelling prosperity."

I read that to mean in Trump / GOP,  democracy is no longer an important component of our country therefore actually counting votes isn't important.

Pretty much. He's not going willingly. It was speculated a while ago and people were mocked for suggesting it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan November 7th 2020, 11:24 am

steveschneider wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Made the mistake of flipping to Fox news late last night. Gym Jordan and Matt Gaetz calling for republican state legislatures to submit electoral candidates for Trump to Congress.

Exactly. They’ve been saying it out loud for months and they mean it. Bannon is calling for it and I’m sure it’s just a matter of time before trump demands it if he hasn’t already. I’m still optimistic that no one will go along with it but it’s a legit threat. If it happens game set match our democracy is gone.

Notice how it's guys like Graham, Jordan, Gaetz and DeathSantis saying this kind of stuff? People whose own states Trump won and aren't in dispute. It's easier to talk out of your ass when you have no influence over those states, so your words are hollow.

There is also a right wing talking point that the Constitution says that state legislatures determine the electors. No, the Constitution says that state legislatures determine the manner in which electors are chosen. That may vary by state to state, but who/how electors are chosen is already determined. Often it is the state parties, but it varies. The PA Senate majority leader, a Republican, told Rick Santorum that that the voters determine the electors in PA, not the legislature.

But let's say this happened. I wouldn't say that it means Democracy is gone, but it would trigger a civil war, those legislators lives would be in severe danger, and then when the dust settles Democracy would return.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan November 7th 2020, 11:25 am

CNN calls it for Biden!!!!!!!

YOOOOO JOE!!!!!!!!!
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan November 7th 2020, 11:29 am

NBC, too.

Fox not yet

Jake Tapper on CNN fighting back tears.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson November 7th 2020, 11:29 am

CBS joins in...

[tw]1325112180174368775[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan November 7th 2020, 11:30 am

Nice of them to do this before the game starts!
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Dendrobates like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson November 7th 2020, 11:31 am

I wonder how it feels to be Ohio right now, getting a presidential election wrong for the first time in three generations?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher November 7th 2020, 11:35 am

Fuck Ohio.

Though they did sell me a nice car.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! November 7th 2020, 11:36 am

God bless America
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher November 7th 2020, 11:36 am

Kingston

PENNSYLVANIA!!!!
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates November 7th 2020, 11:38 am

This has made my day.

It is really sad that a news anchor is crying, expressing his gratitude for this. That he said it feels good to be a parent today. It should never have to come to that.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

WhiteBoyHatcher, Motown Spartan and MattyFresh like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan November 7th 2020, 11:42 am

Dendrobates wrote:This has made my day.

It is really sad that a news anchor is crying, expressing his gratitude for this. That he said it feels good to be a parent today. It should never have to come to that.

Who was that? So awesome!! I kind of am too!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates November 7th 2020, 11:46 am

Motown Spartan wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:This has made my day.

Van Jones on CNN
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan November 7th 2020, 11:48 am

Now, let's go beat those red state travel-loving fuckers.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake November 7th 2020, 12:06 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Kingston

PENNSYLVANIA!!!!

GLAD TO BE WRONG!!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

WhiteBoyHatcher and Motown Spartan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan November 7th 2020, 12:12 pm

Dendrobates wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

Van Jones on CNN

Meh, never mind, that guys a douche.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher November 7th 2020, 12:17 pm

Just got back from the party store. Picked up a bottle of Asti. Just toasted with the fam.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That November 7th 2020, 12:20 pm

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 2 2275418548
Geronte
Geronte

WhiteBoyHatcher likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates November 7th 2020, 12:22 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Van Jones on CNN

Meh, never mind, that guys a douche.

I don’t really know news anchors except for local. I just dont watch the news unless something big is going on. But his speech was pretty moving
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

WhiteBoyHatcher and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next