Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 2020 Presidential campaign.

+24
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
InTenSity
Heat Miser
MSU addict
Dendrobates
Jake from State Farm
AvgMSUJoe
Travis of the Cosmos
Rocinante
MattyFresh
GRR Spartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
Heathens '87
Cameron
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
MiamiSpartan
Motown Spartan
kingstonlake
28 posters

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:16 pm

Omar drawing up articles of impeachment. I would love to be wrong on nothing happening. I'm just a tad skeptical.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by steveschneider Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:42 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Omar drawing up articles of impeachment. I would love to be wrong on nothing happening. I'm just a tad skeptical.

If there's no penalty for what's gone down since Joe Biden won the election then our government is in deep shit. You could be right we've seen Trump get away with just about everything for so long. I'm seeing various people in the press and our government calling for his removal so hopefully it happens.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:45 pm

Impeachment is too good for him, though it would be interesting to see how many Rs in the Senate would stick by his rather 25th him, then arrest him. Or just have the Secret Service arrest him straight away.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:08 am

so is just posturing? re: the house having objections but then the senate said fuck it? still try to get the trump votes while ending this madness?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:15 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:so is just posturing? re: the house having objections but then the senate said fuck it? still try to get the trump votes while ending this madness?

With none of the Republican Senators objecting I’m wondering if they’re setting up for the 25th? Need 2/3rds of the Senate but only 1/3 of the House. I think Mitch and Lindsay pooped their pants a bit today. And Mikey too!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:25 am

Motown Spartan wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:so is just posturing? re: the house having objections but then the senate said fuck it? still try to get the trump votes while ending this madness?

With none of the Republican Senators objecting I’m wondering if they’re setting up for the 25th? Need 2/3rds of the Senate but only 1/3 of the House. I think Mitch and Lindsay pooped their pants a bit today. And Mikey too!

spoke to soon. think it was the dickhead in missouri
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:28 am

A final random thought from me. Probably just my naïve ass realizing things hours after others already have. But basically my thought is that I'm reluctant to feel like today is some sort of repudiation on Trump-ism. It's cool and all that political leaders on the R team are acting like lines have been crossed. All self serving. It's cool that the media is recognizing today for what it was. It's cool that some members of Congress/Senate are possibly considering acknowledging the truth.

But here's what really matters - do you all know any Trump voters who would change their votes? I don't. I have purposely moved away from associating myself with these people. But the ones that I know? Nope. Today's events wouldn't even cause them to bat an eye.

That's what matters. InTen? Your parents change their minds? Pantry? Guest? Nope. I'm not sure what the justification is, but I'm sure there is one.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:45 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:A final random thought from me. Probably just my naïve ass realizing things hours after others already have. But basically my thought is that I'm reluctant to feel like today is some sort of repudiation on Trump-ism. It's cool and all that political leaders on the R team are acting like lines have been crossed. All self serving. It's cool that the media is recognizing today for what it was. It's cool that some members of Congress/Senate are possibly considering acknowledging the truth.

But here's what really matters - do you all know any Trump voters who would change their votes? I don't. I have purposely moved away from associating myself with these people. But the ones that I know? Nope. Today's events wouldn't even cause them to bat an eye.

That's what matters. InTen? Your parents change their minds? Pantry? Guest? Nope. I'm not sure what the justification is, but I'm sure there is one.

Getting people out of a cult isn’t easy. A lot of these people have been brain washed for years watching Fox News and now they’ve moved onto OAN and Newsmax.

60 Minutes piece on the cyclist that conspiracy nuts believe is responsible for Covid. And this...

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/16/946995614/ex-houston-police-officer-charged-in-attack-over-bogus-election-fraud-plot

Read the part about the attack. And this guy was well funded. He didn’t act alone and had a network supporting him!

The yesterday you have a guy dressed as a buffalo that is a Qanon Shaman that storms the capital?

You just can’t reach people that live in an alternate reality. They view us as the ones spreading lies and as people that can’t see the truth. It’s a very serious problem.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:35 am

Round em all up and put them in the baby cages in the border. These fuckers need to see repercussions. Maybe the local maroons seeing the crazies being held to fire will at least be less entitled?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:45 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:A final random thought from me. Probably just my naïve ass realizing things hours after others already have. But basically my thought is that I'm reluctant to feel like today is some sort of repudiation on Trump-ism. It's cool and all that political leaders on the R team are acting like lines have been crossed. All self serving. It's cool that the media is recognizing today for what it was. It's cool that some members of Congress/Senate are possibly considering acknowledging the truth.

I haven't really spoken to my Dad since New Years. It is impossible to even bring anything up. I wrote on FB how trump is a traitor and my aunt chimed in that he is a great man and the best president ever. At 11pm. Yesterday. After watching what happened at the capitol. So there is a huge problem out there. They live near Wake, so that probably explains a lot. My mom will just say she doesn't care about politics.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:55 am

InTenSity wrote:

I haven't really spoken to my Dad since New Years. It is impossible to even bring anything up. I wrote on FB how trump is a traitor and my aunt chimed in that he is a great man and the best president ever. At 11pm. Yesterday. After watching what happened at the capitol. So there is a huge problem out there. They live near Wake, so that probably explains a lot. My mom will just say she doesn't care about politics.
that is just downright sad, man.

I'm sorry to hear that. I suspect you try to handle as well as you can, put on a face of "well, what are you gonna do".. but it has to really hit ya pretty hard, maybe in ways you don't even realize.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:09 am

InTenSity wrote:

FWIW, my dad is a lifelong republican. He loved the idea of Trump coming in as an outsider to own the libs. We've been able to have many discussions about this over the last four years. He completely understands that I've become a staunch independent. Two or three weeks we were talking on the phone and he finally admitted that Trump is a whackadoodle. There's always hope.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:00 am

Surprise, Trump will not attend Biden's inauguration because, loser feelings.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:47 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:Surprise, Trump will not attend Biden's inauguration because, loser feelings.

Thank god. He would just sit there, rolling his eyes and trying to make a scene of how wrong this was.

A few weeks ago when Biden was asked something about Trump going or not going to the inauguration, I wish to god that Biden would have just said, "Who said he's invited?"

Bud Biden is classier than me.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:55 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

FWIW, my dad is a lifelong republican. He loved the idea of Trump coming in as an outsider to own the libs. We've been able to have many discussions about this over the last four years. He completely understands that I've become a staunch independent. Two or three weeks we were talking on the phone and he finally admitted that Trump is a whackadoodle. There's always hope.

You hear the sad stories of people that have lost their parents to Fox News. I have friends who can't even talk to their parents anymore and note they changed and are always going off all the time about the fake talking points. It really is sad to see.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:55 pm

To be fair, my dad moved 5 states away from his dad because of Grandpa's crazy politics (and other things) and that was the mid to late 60's. So that isn't exactly new.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:12 pm

You can already see the momentum turning. House Dems will push to impeach to set a precedent next week if they aren't talked out of it. If it goes to a vote, you might get Romney and a couple of others on board but the rest will acquit. No 25th. Two failed impeachments. Trump gassing his engine and base up to run again in '24 and all the Pubs have to walk on eggshells the next 4 years. Yay.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:19 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:You can already see the momentum turning. House Dems will push to impeach to set a precedent next week if they aren't talked out of it. If it goes to a vote, you might get Romney and a couple of others on board but the rest will acquit. No 25th. Two failed impeachments. Trump gassing his engine and base up to run again in '24 and all the Pubs have to walk on eggshells the next 4 years. Yay.

The JD, NY, GA, and others can start charging him with crimes on 1/21/2021.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:12 pm

Nothing is going to happen. Fuck this place. The country I mean, not the board.

I'm not sure what more he could have done.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:26 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:You can already see the momentum turning. House Dems will push to impeach to set a precedent next week if they aren't talked out of it. If it goes to a vote, you might get Romney and a couple of others on board but the rest will acquit. No 25th. Two failed impeachments. Trump gassing his engine and base up to run again in '24 and all the Pubs have to walk on eggshells the next 4 years. Yay.
I can't imagine any scenario in which that bloated sack of filthy disgusting christian scum hasn't gone on to be with his heavenly father in 2024.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:38 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I can't imagine any scenario in which that bloated sack of filthy disgusting christian scum hasn't gone on to be with his heavenly father in 2024.

You've been saying that he wouldn't make it to the end of his term for 4 years. As long as you keep extending that date that he won't make it to, eventually you'll probably be right.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:41 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Nothing is going to happen. Fuck this place. The country I mean, not the board.

I'm not sure what more he could have done.

He will get impeached. Probably not convicted on the Senate, but it will be closer to getting there than last time.

I would think the ambitious Rs would want him convicted so that he can't run again in 2024.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:03 pm

Not good enough.

Romney and someone else - Murkowski? Already on board. Need 15 more. I think. I don't understand the rules. I don't know who is "sitting" and who isn't and/or what that means. Are Loeffler and Will Perdue sitting?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:36 pm

Did trumps Twitter get the perma ban?

Or did he delete it?

Edit. Looks like it was perma banned

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2021/jan/08/donald-trump-capitol-impeachment-joe-biden-election-coronavirus-covid-live-updates
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:51 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Not good enough.

Romney and someone else - Murkowski? Already on board. Need 15 more. I think. I don't understand the rules. I don't know who is "sitting" and who isn't and/or what that means. Are Loeffler and Will Perdue sitting?

Need 17 Repugnicans, apparently. The GA seats have not flipped yet.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:52 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Did trumps Twitter get the perma ban?

Or did he delete it?

Edit. Looks like it was perma banned

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2021/jan/08/donald-trump-capitol-impeachment-joe-biden-election-coronavirus-covid-live-updates

Permaban.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:57 pm

[tw]1347690263205081091[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:18 pm

6 years too late
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:33 pm

Supposedly Apple is considering banning Parler from its platforms?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:44 pm

Having a hard time concentrating on the game. Feels like something wild is going to be popping off every 20 minutes or so.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:51 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Supposedly Apple is considering banning Parler from its platforms?
The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:28 pm

Looks like the play store has removed the Parler app
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:29 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Looks like the play store has removed the Parler app

Apple & Google. The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 1486952199
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:49 pm

You know what's fucked, I joked about six years too late above. But I would have to say the most heinous thing this asshole has done, by far the most dangerous... Is his purposeful misleading of the masses on Covid. We would have had a legitimate, actual chance to control this fucking thing if he hadn't lied and prioritized his ego. A few well placed masks, a couple of tweets and the story of this virus in this country could have been drastically different. They should have started censoring his bullshit in February.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:11 pm

Question/Prediction for you all:

Will Pence attend the inauguration? The assumption is he was planning on running for president in the future. He has already pissed off his base by not doing what Trump wants. Even though they are too stupid to understand he had no power to overturn anything. I read (unconfirmed if true) that there were chants to kill Pence with a noose hanging for him. Regardless, his base isn't happy. Pence supposedly wants to be employed/president. So will he, or will he not attend the inauguration?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:20 pm

Dendrobates wrote:Question/Prediction for you all:

Will Pence attend the inauguration? The assumption is he was planning on running for president in the future. He has already pissed off his base by not doing what Trump wants. Even though they are too stupid to understand he had no power to overturn anything. I read (unconfirmed if true) that there were chants to kill Pence with a noose hanging for him. Regardless, his base isn't happy. Pence supposedly wants to be employed/president. So will he, or will he not attend the inauguration?

He's been invited & will presumably attend.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:21 pm

I believe he will. I just saw a clip of Biden answering questions about that very topic. On Trump not attending "That's one of the few things he and I have ever agreed on"

On if Pence would be welcomed 'Yes'.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:57 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I believe he will. I just saw a clip of Biden answering questions about that very topic. On Trump not attending "That's one of the few things he and I have ever agreed on"

On if Pence would be welcomed 'Yes'.

I saw that today too.
I'm playing devils advocate...but if he attends, he solidifies losing the support of the crazy ass MAGA people. Is that enough to elect him in the future?

I wouldn't have ever thought Pence not attending before. But the way these terrorists are going, his life could be at stake for attending. Which changes things.
I
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:12 am

I hope all tWingnuts show up on 1/20. All the National Guard should be there to shoot them in their fucking faces.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:14 am

I honestly think it will depend on the way the wind blows over the next few weeks. Those dudes have painted themselves into a pretty dumb corner. I suspect that over the next couple of weeks we see a relative 80/20 split where either they rally behind not supporting impeachment and cow towing to his base or they try to make a clean break. Pence will be in the 80. These are politicians. Slimy, lying self interested bastards.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next