Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

+26
Wally Fairway
Dendrobates
PennSpartan
Tim Wakefield
GRR Spartan
Trapper Gus
Other Teams Pursuing That
Motown Spartan
Jake from State Farm
kingstonlake
Nordic
MiamiSpartan
NigelUno
Heat Miser
Floyd Robertson
duffy munn
MSU addict
steveschneider
DWags
The Pantry
tGreenWay
Cameron
Travis of the Cosmos
aualum06
Turtleneck
AvgMSUJoe
30 posters

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

Post by The Pantry Fri 22 Oct 2021 - 20:43

Detroit relies on good kickers.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

Post by Heat Miser Fri 22 Oct 2021 - 20:46

The Pantry wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:She got Spielman pretty good though.

Spielman - Lions "Ring of Honor"

Say what you will about a guy going into the "Ring of Honor" with 1 playoff win, but pretty cool moment. I suppose after Barry & Megatron, he might be the #3ish post-70's Lion, which is just a sad confirmation of a pathetic franchise.
I now want Spielman to be the next HC of the Lions. Nothing else has worked. What the hell. Go for broke...can't get any worse.

Bring Barry back to coach the RB's and help coach the OL. Bring Calvin back to coach the WR's & TE's. Bring Charlie Batch and Scott Mitchell back to coach QB. Bring Wayne Fontes back!

Not sure any of them has any actual coaching experience, including Fontes.

Fontes career regular season record: 66-67
Did not know Fontes is a Spartan. 9th round draft pick in '61.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 22 Oct 2021 - 21:12

The Pantry wrote:Detroit relies on good kickers.

They’ve had to.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Fri 22 Oct 2021 - 22:38

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Detroit relies on good kickers.

They’ve had to.

Errol Mann agrees. So does Herman "thunder foot" Weaver.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Fri 22 Oct 2021 - 22:42

Heat Miser wrote:
The Pantry wrote:I now want Spielman to be the next HC of the Lions. Nothing else has worked. What the hell. Go for broke...can't get any worse.

Bring Barry back to coach the RB's and help coach the OL. Bring Calvin back to coach the WR's & TE's. Bring Charlie Batch and Scott Mitchell back to coach QB. Bring Wayne Fontes back!

Not sure any of them has any actual coaching experience, including Fontes.

Fontes career regular season record: 66-67
Did not know Fontes is a Spartan. 9th round draft pick in '61.

Wayno is the career Lions leader in wins. And loses. He IS the Detroit Lions. The press conferences were epic. the Silverdome was the house of Wayne. He was the big buck in the woods. Rasputin!

Side note: I think the Fords are still paying him.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 22 Oct 2021 - 22:56

Heat Miser wrote:40+ years. You can count the Lions "difference makers" who had any longevity with the team on less than 2 hands:

Barry
Megatron
Stafford
Lomas Brown
Spielman
Blades
Herman Moore

Who am I missing?

You'd have to actually try really hard to be this inept at running a pro football franchise. Even the blind squirrel & the broken clock do bettter.

Billy Sims was pretty good until he busted his knee.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Fri 22 Oct 2021 - 23:39

NigelUno wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:40+ years. You can count the Lions "difference makers" who had any longevity with the team on less than 2 hands:

Barry
Megatron
Stafford
Lomas Brown
Spielman
Blades
Herman Moore

Who am I missing?

You'd have to actually try really hard to be this inept at running a pro football franchise. Even the blind squirrel & the broken clock do bettter.

What did he have? 1.5 good years? Hardly up to the lofty standards for the Lions "Ring of Honor".
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat 23 Oct 2021 - 0:02

Heat Miser wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

What did he have? 1.5 good years? Hardly up to the lofty standards for the Lions "Ring of Honor".
Agree. The truly gifted are able to avoid serious injury, sorta like a sixth sense. Would have to look up again but pretty sure Barry missed only 7 games during his NFL career.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat 23 Oct 2021 - 0:20

Heat Miser wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

3X Pro Bowl (not including what may have been his best season until he busted up his knee).

Thought I was kind of agreeing with you. Never said he should be in The Ring of Honor.

He was pretty damn good.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat 23 Oct 2021 - 0:31

NigelUno wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

3X Pro Bowl  (not including what may have been his best season until he busted up his knee).

Thought I was kind of agreeing with you.  Never said he should be in The Ring of Honor.

He was pretty damn good.

He was amazing. Too bad his career got cut short. Surprisingly, the Lions didn't screw that draft up. I remember at the time a lot of folks were clamoring for the Lions to pick Charles White out of USC. Billy was hurdling dudes before it was fashionable.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Floyd Robertson and The Pantry like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat 23 Oct 2021 - 8:27

Heat Miser wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

3X Pro Bowl  (not including what may have been his best season until he busted up his knee).

Thought I was kind of agreeing with you.  Never said he should be in The Ring of Honor.

He was pretty damn good.

He was amazing. Too bad his career got cut short. Surprisingly, the Lions didn't screw that draft up. I remember at the time a lot of folks were clamoring for the Lions to pick Charles White out of USC. Billy was hurdling dudes before it was fashionable.

Charles White had some issues which I'm guessing most (or all) NFL teams knew about (and they continued in the league).

Jets traded up to 2 to take Johnny Lam Jones instead of Munoz. tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 2 502811600

Sims was on some pretty good (Lions) teams. 83 team would have made the NFC Championship if Murray didn't miss a FG vs. the 49ers. Gary Danielson tied the record (5) for most interceptions in a playoff game.

Billy was great at catching passes too. Almost led the Lions in receptions his rookie season.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat 23 Oct 2021 - 8:35

See Billy run, couldn't catch him with a gun.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat 23 Oct 2021 - 9:30

NigelUno wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Charles White had some issues which I'm guessing most (or all) NFL teams knew about (and they continued in the league).

Jets traded up to 2 to take Johnny Lam Jones instead of Munoz.  tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 2 502811600    

Sims was on some pretty good (Lions) teams.  83 team would have made the NFC Championship if Murray didn't miss a FG vs. the 49ers.  Gary Danielson tied the record (5) for most interceptions in a playoff game.

Billy was great at catching passes too.  Almost led the Lions in receptions his rookie season.

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 2 MonteClarkPraying_display_image
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 23 Oct 2021 - 12:34

I remember Sims hurdling a guy and kicking another while in air Guy was bad ass.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat 23 Oct 2021 - 13:14

Sims has some BBQ places in Oklahoma and one here in town. Tried it once, pretty good.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 24 Oct 2021 - 13:58

Just finished up the Calvin Johnson football life on NFL network. Still blown away how poorly the lions treated him when he decided to retire. Only the lions could be so petty and shitty
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 24 Oct 2021 - 14:00

Remember to check out Brian Allen He told me last spring he always has his back to the huddle so he can see the defense as the play is being called
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 24 Oct 2021 - 14:33

Stafford gonna go wild this afternoon.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 24 Oct 2021 - 15:18

All this talk about stafford (who, by all reports and logic still likes Detroit and has no reason to feel in a revengy mood) but no one paying attention to the guy playing the team that actually did him dirty… Jared Thomas Goff

I’m just kidding Goff is terrible
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 24 Oct 2021 - 15:25

Stafford 29/29, 614 yards, 5 TDs
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 24 Oct 2021 - 15:30

Turtleneck wrote:Stafford 29/29, 614 yards, 5 TDs

If I know stafford, and I like to think I do, he will have one stupid interception per game he shouldn’t have thrown.

Stafford 29/30, 614 yards, 5 TDs, 1 INT
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 24 Oct 2021 - 16:23

I love the lions coach.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 24 Oct 2021 - 17:33

He must be on Findlay Prep Standard Time.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 24 Oct 2021 - 18:03

Free note to Rams- they may not punt it
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun 24 Oct 2021 - 18:27

Tears

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, DWags and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun 24 Oct 2021 - 18:39

McVay clearly knows the o/u is 50.5
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 24 Oct 2021 - 19:10

Not an interception
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 24 Oct 2021 - 19:14

Not that it mattered but another bullshit call
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 24 Oct 2021 - 19:32

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

If I know stafford, and I like to think I do, he will have one stupid interception per game he shouldn’t have thrown.

Stafford 29/30, 614 yards, 5 TDs, 1 INT

Apparently, Goff was handed that legacy pass once Stafford left town.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun 24 Oct 2021 - 19:34

Nordic wrote:Tears

I know I'm bumping my own post. But when I grow up I wanna be Chris Spielman.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun 31 Oct 2021 - 13:09

Let's get that trifecta!
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 31 Oct 2021 - 16:20

Worst team in NFL history and it's not close
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Sun 31 Oct 2021 - 17:24

Where do I go to place a bet on the Lions going 0-17. Seems like a no-brainer to me.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 31 Oct 2021 - 17:40

The Eagles scored 44 points with only 114 yards of passing? Did the Lions use the defensive starters from Okemos High School? Did the Eagles even have to try to win this game?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 31 Oct 2021 - 18:19

Played a risk free 6-team ML parlay. Figured the Lions had to win at least one game this season tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 2 502811600
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 31 Oct 2021 - 18:25

The Pantry wrote:Played a risk free 6-team ML parlay. Figured the Lions had to win at least one game this season tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 2 502811600

This was one of their last two chances and they got rocked
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 1 Nov 2021 - 5:26

[tw]1454914710781022208?s=21[/tw]
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Polydorus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 15 Nov 2021 - 20:01

TayTay Decker be pissed.

Detroit Lions' Taylor Decker: Rumors, negativity about me have 'been bull----'

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2021/11/15/detroit-lions-taylor-decker-injury-media-rumors/8631272002/

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat 20 Nov 2021 - 13:56

Stroud can go pro after next year? I vote keep Goff for another season
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 21 Nov 2021 - 10:22

I think these ads are supposed to be more of a sure thing than they feel like when you’re a lions fan

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 2 F7ddf010
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next