Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

+26
Wally Fairway
Dendrobates
PennSpartan
Tim Wakefield
GRR Spartan
Trapper Gus
Other Teams Pursuing That
Motown Spartan
Jake from State Farm
kingstonlake
Nordic
MiamiSpartan
NigelUno
Heat Miser
Floyd Robertson
duffy munn
MSU addict
steveschneider
DWags
The Pantry
tGreenWay
Cameron
Travis of the Cosmos
aualum06
Turtleneck
AvgMSUJoe
30 posters

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 3 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-11-21, 10:23

Do I feel confident in that bet, yeah I guess. Would I watch the game feeling like that money is already in the bag? Absolutely not
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 3 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

Post by The Pantry 2021-11-21, 13:25

Back up QB looks good so far. Lions might win this one.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-11-21, 13:27

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 3 502811600 Posted too soon. Boyle got picked off. tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 3 502811600
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-11-21, 14:13

Bullshit hands to the face penalty. It's like the refs have been trained over the years to call everything against the Lions.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-11-21, 16:08

William Clay Ford has been dead over 7 years. Never did anything for the Lions except buy them.

Time for the Lions to get rid of the WCF initials on the jerseys.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-11-25, 15:53

They should have kept Caldwell, I guess. He was average, which by Lions standards is exceptional.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-11-25, 16:05

Turns out Sheila is fucking around.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-11-25, 17:57

The Pantry wrote:William Clay Ford has been dead over 7 years.  Never did anything for the Lions except buy them.

Doubtful that will happen as long as the family owns the Lions. The Bears still have George Halas’ initials on their jerseys.
Speaking of selling, Pete Thamel says Mat Ishbia offered to buy the team but Sheila said no. Too bad.

https://thegame730am.com/mat-ishbia-detroit-lions/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-11-25, 18:39

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:William Clay Ford has been dead over 7 years.  Never did anything for the Lions except buy them.

Doubtful that will happen as long as the family owns the Lions. The Bears still have George Halas’ initials on their jerseys.
Speaking of selling, Pete Thamel says Mat Ishbia offered to buy the team but Sheila said no. Too bad.

Make her an offer she can’t refuse
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-11-25, 18:55

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

The Lions are worth around 2.5 billion. Ishbia is worth around 9 billion. Not sure how much higher he would go or what it would take for the family to say fuck it and cash out.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-11-25, 19:18

duffy munn wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

The Lions are worth around 2.5 billion. Ishbia is worth around 9 billion. Not sure how much higher he would go or what it would take for the family to say fuck it and cash out.

That 2.5 billion is not even the league average. It’s near the bottom of the list. I’d have to believe any investment would be a long term financial windfall for the guy. Even if he over paid now.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-11-25, 19:23

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I’m opposed to killing a horse for your amusement.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-11-25, 19:36

kingstonlake wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

That 2.5 billion is not even the league average. It’s near the bottom of the list. I’d have to believe any investment would be a long term financial windfall for the guy. Even if he over paid now.

These numbers keep growing and it’s wild. I remember Tom Monaghan paid about $50m for the Tigers in the early 80s. Then Mike Ilitch paid $85m for the team a decade later. Earlier this year, Forbes listed the club’s value at $1.26b. That’s a pretty decent ROI.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-11-25, 20:40

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

These numbers keep growing and it’s wild. I remember Tom Monaghan paid about $50m for the Tigers in the early 80s. Then Mike Ilitch paid $85m for the team a decade later. Earlier this year, Forbes listed the club’s value at $1.26b. That’s a pretty decent ROI.

Yeah it's crazy and makes me wonder if the bubble will ever burst. I think I posted this before but for comparison when George "held up" MSU for a raise in 88 the base salary was 275k. And people were outraged. Mel Tucker now makes that in 2 weeks
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-11-25, 20:47

duffy munn wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Pretty funny the Lions are valued that highly. They've produced very little since the 50's.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-11-25, 20:54

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Yeah it's crazy and makes me wonder if the bubble will ever burst. I think I posted this before but for comparison when George "held up" MSU for a raise in 88 the base salary was 275k. And people were outraged. Mel Tucker now makes that in 2 weeks

I haven’t looked at nfl tv ratings, so I don’t know if interest is increasing or not. However, if football can’t get control of the CTE problem, it could be an issue in the next 10-20 years. Don’t forget how Okemos HS couldn’t even field a full team this year. Something like that needs to be examined like a canary in a coal mine. Wait, let’s Swill that up: Like a canary in a cold mine.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-11-25, 20:55

The Pantry wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Pretty funny the Lions are valued that highly. They've produced very little since the 50's.

I would argue they’ve produced nothing but frustration since the 50s.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-11-25, 20:56

One easy way to increase NFL ratings is to add a team in Syracuse.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn and Turtleneck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-11-25, 21:27

tGreenWay wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I haven’t looked at nfl tv ratings, so I don’t know if interest is increasing or not. However, if football can’t get control of the CTE problem, it could be an issue in the next 10-20 years. Don’t forget how Okemos HS couldn’t even field a full team this year. Something like that needs to be examined like a canary in a coal mine. Wait, let’s Swill that up: Like a canary in a cold mine.

My oldest played at EL from 99 -2003. He was an undersized kid and took a ton of big hits. ( Delivered a few as well). At the time, I never really worried about it. It's football and he was a tough kid. Knowing what we know now, I'm not sure I would have let him play,

6 year old grandson LOVES football and I really don't want him to play.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-11-25, 21:33

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

My oldest played at EL from 99 -2003. He was an undersized kid and took a ton of big hits. ( Delivered a few as well). At the time, I never really worried about it. It's football and he was a tough kid. Knowing what we know now, I'm not sure I would have let him play,

6 year old grandson LOVES football and I really don't want him to play.

Yup, I always lowered my head when I ran, but tried to stop after seeing a friend break his neck. Who knows what harm, if any, was done? But I always lowered my head when I ran, but tried to stop after seeing a friend break his neck. Who knows what harm, if any, was done?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-11-25, 22:00

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Pretty funny the Lions are valued that highly. They've produced very little since the 50's.

I would argue they’ve produced nothing but frustration since the 50s.
Barry was fun to watch. Think many around the league would agree he's the GOAT.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-11-25, 22:07

Help me out if the bears score a TD here the Lions have a chance if they just get a first down, the game is over

So…… why on 3rd and 4 do I see safeties 9 yards back here

[tw]1463976641709981697?s=21[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-11-26, 08:27

DWags wrote:Help me out if the bears score a TD here the Lions have a chance if they just get a first down, the game is over

So…… why on 3rd and 4 do I see safeties 9 yards back here

[tw]1463976641709981697?s=21[/tw]

Because, Lions
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-12-05, 15:56

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 3 VywxQfV
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-12-05, 16:13

LETSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOO
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-12-05, 16:14

Woot woot!!!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-12-05, 16:15

What a shitty weekend.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-12-05, 16:54

Super Bowl
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-12-05, 18:47

aualum06 wrote:Super Bowl

In 2057
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-12-05, 19:21

aualum06 wrote:Super Bowl

It are happening
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-12-12, 02:14

going to the lions @ broncos game tomorrow.

lions +11.5?
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-12-12, 08:11

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:going to the lions @ broncos game tomorrow.

lions +11.5?

No
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-12-12, 09:31

Broncos -10?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-12-12, 09:56

Over 42?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2021-12-12, 10:57

The Lions are missing most of their secondary due to COVID/injury and almost 20% of their roster. The Lions have no real incentive to win, but that is a lot of points.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-12-12, 11:10

kingstonlake wrote:Over 42?

Is that for Denver only?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2021-12-12, 11:18

DWags wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Over 42?

Is that for Denver only?
If Denver had a QB, maybe. Denver has one of the better defenses in the league, so I don't see the Lions scoring much. If I had to choose, I would take the under.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-12-12, 11:50

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Broncos -10?

Yes
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-12-23, 18:25

No Lions going to the Pro Bowl for the first time in 12 years.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-12-23, 20:13

NigelUno wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Broncos -10?

Yes

Update?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next