Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

+26
Wally Fairway
Dendrobates
PennSpartan
Tim Wakefield
GRR Spartan
Trapper Gus
Other Teams Pursuing That
Motown Spartan
Jake from State Farm
kingstonlake
Nordic
MiamiSpartan
NigelUno
Heat Miser
Floyd Robertson
duffy munn
MSU addict
steveschneider
DWags
The Pantry
tGreenWay
Cameron
Travis of the Cosmos
aualum06
Turtleneck
AvgMSUJoe
30 posters

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 23 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-09-08, 12:39

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Going for it on 4th and 25 is unquestionably the correct call. Look, what happens if they punt it? The same exact thing. If the lions get the ball back, you have a 10 yard field. If they get 10 yards the game is over. It doesn’t matter if they start at your 30 or their own 30, it’s still just a 10 yard field.

Hell, the only alternative really would be to run the back back to your own 1 and take a knee. Let the lions score, don’t let them have a first down, then hope you can stop the lions when they go for 2 then get the ball back with a minute and a half left. Punting would be stupid though, there’s no advantage to doing that at all.
My point was they used the words alarming and embarrassing to describe the outcome.
Oh yeah fuck em though.

I’ve just seen a lot of “why’d they go for it” and launched into my mini rant. No one that says that seems to play out in their head that punting would do nothing but take away a chance to get a first (that they almost converted)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 23 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

Post by MSU addict 2023-09-08, 13:12

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Well there's this... fwiw... national press aint buying it.

Andy Reid deserves the blame for Chiefs' alarming loss to Lions in opener
Going for it on 4th and 25 is unquestionably the correct call. Look, what happens if they punt it? The same exact thing. If the lions get the ball back, you have a 10 yard field. If they get 10 yards the game is over. It doesn’t matter if they start at your 30 or their own 30, it’s still just a 10 yard field.

Hell, the only alternative really would be to run the back back to your own 1 and take a knee. Let the lions score, don’t let them have a first down, then hope you can stop the lions when they go for 2 then get the ball back with a minute and a half left. Punting would be stupid though, there’s no advantage to doing that at all.
I don't believe that going for it was a bad decision, but punting would also have had some merit.  

From the KC 30, the Lions have the option of playing 4 offensive downs (and not kicking the field goal) so they have 4 downs to get the 10 yards.  I think Campbell chooses this over a field goal attempt (I just don't think he trusts Patterson that much) - but obviously if you make the field goal you force KC to score a TD.  You also have to factor in that KC has a great field goal kicker with a huge range.  

If you punt, the Lions realistically only have three tries.  They would be forced to punt and you only need a FG, again with one of the top kickers in the league.

Yes, either way, you need to stop them from getting the first down, but if do in fact do that - punting would be advantageous.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-09-08, 14:13

Sure, but this is still Patrick Mahomes we’re talking about. 4th and 25 with Andrew Maxwell back there, sure punt and pray, but it’s not crazy to think that Mahomes might just make that happen. 

The more I think about it the more I like giving the lions the ball inside the 10 and guaranteeing yourself the ball back with probably a chance to at least tie as probably the best strategy.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-09-08, 16:18

The 4th and 25 probably should have been caught for a first
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-09-08, 16:30

I’ve been on these boards a long time guys. Here is my take. I usually read how the lions should’ve done this, or the lions would’ve won if this had happened, or  if the lions player x had been available they could have done this,  or how the lions coach should have done this or that.

Not today, everybody, including the national media, is pointing fingers and placing blame and making excuses for the Super Bowl champs who were playing at home. They seem to be both mystified and frightened of the Detroit Lions. Well, how the fuck do you do? Campbell was beautiful after the game. All the players put the victory in total perspective. Nobody is popping champagne.

You can make fun of me, but this reminds me of some of the great packer teams. Where, after they would win, opponents would make excuses point fingers, and say what if.  And that’s all they did was get back to work and keep their mouth shut. I know it’s only one game, but I really think this team is different. You guys might have a really fun year.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-09-08, 17:20

Yeah, I mean the lions definitely had some questionable shit that had they lost we’d be asking more questions about. For starters 14 offensive points won’t cut it next week when the Seahawks come to town with receivers who can catch.

But then again geno smith isn’t Mahomes and the Seahawks offensive line isn’t the chiefs (and maybe won’t be allowed to cheat the entire game), so maybe some of those dropped passes are just sacks instead. Like, for one of the dropped passes James Houston was wrapped around Mahomes’ legs and not able to make him budge. That’s not a dropped pass against other teams, it’s a sack. You’re right, should probably just embrace it and have some fun this year
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-09-08, 19:50

DWags wrote:I’ve been on these boards a long time guys. Here is my take. I usually read how the lions should’ve done this, or the lions would’ve won if this had happened, or  if the lions player x had been available they could have done this,  or how the lions coach should have done this or that.

Not today, everybody, including the national media, is pointing fingers and placing blame and making excuses for the Super Bowl champs who were playing at home. They seem to be both mystified and frightened of the Detroit Lions. Well, how the fuck do you do? Campbell was beautiful after the game. All the players put the victory in total perspective. Nobody is popping champagne.

You can make fun of me, but this reminds me of some of the great packer teams. Where, after they would win, opponents would make excuses point fingers, and say what if.  And that’s all they did was get back to work and keep their mouth shut. I know it’s only one game, but I really think this team is different. You guys might have a really fun year.

Dwags playin the long con on Lions’ fans, aka the Cheesy okie dokie.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-09-08, 20:24

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:I’ve been on these boards a long time guys. Here is my take. I usually read how the lions should’ve done this, or the lions would’ve won if this had happened, or  if the lions player x had been available they could have done this,  or how the lions coach should have done this or that.

I honestly thought that the packers defense might hold steady for a 9-8 type season and that would put pressure on the lions down the stretch. The lions have the right coach. That won’t happen. I’m guessing you have a 4 or 5 year window for winning a Super Bowl. This being year one.

Holmes will be the richest GM In nfl history. Cant wait till he’s in Green Bay as President/GM.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-09-08, 20:34

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I honestly thought that the packers defense might hold steady for a 9-8 type season and that would put pressure on the lions down the stretch. The lions have the right coach. That won’t happen. I’m guessing you have a 4 or 5 year window for winning a Super Bowl. This being year one.

Holmes will be the richest GM In nfl history. Cant wait till he’s in Green Bay as President/ GM.

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 23 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-09-08, 20:39

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Holmes will be the richest GM In nfl history. Cant wait till he’s in Green Bay as President/GM.
The Bucks stole John Hammond from the Pistons. That kinda shit ain't happening with the new Lions.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-09-08, 22:01

The Pantry wrote:
DWags wrote:

The Bucks stole John Hammond from the Pistons. That kinda shit ain't happening with the new Lions.

You guys don’t get it. If you’re the GM of the packers it’s like you own them. It’s a great gig.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-09-08, 22:03

But you have to live in rural Wisconsin so

Did you know that 22 of 23 Holmes draft picks are still on the team in some form dwags? That’s pretty good and a far cry from what we’re used to. The one guy was a seventh round pick that just got cut last week.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-09-08, 22:18

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:But you have to live in rural Wisconsin so

Did you know that 22 of 23 Holmes draft picks are still on the team in some form dwags? That’s pretty good and a far cry from what we’re used to. The one guy was a seventh round pick that just got cut last week.

He’s good.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-09-08, 22:32

DWags wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
The Bucks stole John Hammond from the Pistons.  That kinda shit ain't happening with the new Lions.

You guys don’t get it. If you’re the GM of the packers it’s like you own them.   It’s a great gig.  
reminder
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-09-08, 22:35

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-09-10, 16:10

The Vikings lost to Tampa.

You guys. It’s happening.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-09-13, 22:04

You Lions’ fans have an assignment for this weekend’s game.

C.J. Gardner-Johnson hopes Lions fans don ski masks for home opener: 'It's part of us'

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2023/09/13/cj-gardner-johnson-detroit-lions-fans-ski-masks-ford-field-opener/70845448007/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-09-16, 14:45

[tw]1702699885018194071?t=JcoomB87xF-VpLrgN-GL_A&s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-09-16, 15:17

aualum06 wrote:[tw]1702699885018194071?t=JcoomB87xF-VpLrgN-GL_A&s=19[/tw]

Very excited for this.
Greatest
Greatest
Freak
Greatest
Freak of nature
Greatest
Running back
Of all time
Absolute freak

There is no debate about it. When you list running backs, you can make a list on the right side of all the great running backs, and then on the left side, put Barry sanders name and just leave it. No explanation necessary.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-09-16, 18:51

[tw]1703173350288187519?t=OiDP0EV39dq5rNE1tMlcYA&s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2023-09-16, 18:52

Does it look like Morgan Freeman under the helmet?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-09-17, 13:03

Time to find out if the Lions have turned the corner
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-09-17, 13:15

Looks like the same shit can't handle success
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-09-17, 13:17

KW3 in for the TD.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-09-17, 13:24

aualum06 wrote:Looks like the same shit can't handle success
tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 23 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5gh5zok1aiae751y3szjjth7mihkv64c3cu8tsvwd&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-09-17, 13:32

Much better from the D
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-09-17, 14:00

Flea flicker for 6
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-09-17, 14:06

Hutch is totally incapable of tackling walker lol
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-09-17, 14:21

Gibbs and Brown don't finish plays that could have been tds
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-09-17, 14:37

Nice move by Walker for his 2nd TD
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2023-09-17, 15:33

well fuch
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-09-17, 15:33

Nothing new to see here, franchise can't handle positive things
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-09-17, 15:42

Can they get 1 stop
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-09-17, 15:46

This is going to come down to whoever wants it more.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-09-17, 16:11

Campbell didn't play to win. Can't lose that game
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-09-17, 16:11

steveschneider wrote:This is going to come down to whoever wants it more.

As usual the Lions got totally boned by the officials
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-09-17, 16:12

Played for the tie. Congrats. Mission accomplished.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-09-17, 16:18

Lions lost 2 fumbles and had a pick6 in the 3rd quarter.

Evenly matched teams and the Lions ball security cost them. Lions fans whining about officials is as long as a tradition as not sniffing an NFL Championship game to get to the Super Bowl

End of week 2 Lions and Packers are 1-1. Bears and Vikings are 0-2.
The league office is happy.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-09-18, 20:39

Garner Johnson has a torn pec and might be done for the year

[tw]170392582501974306[/tw]
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-09-18, 21:15

Naturally
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next