Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geographically, Where Does "Up North" Begin?

+45
TrapperGus
Dendrobates
Motown Spartan
MattyFresh
Other Teams Pursuing That
MiamiSpartan
Banks2Mason
NigelUno
duffy munn
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
steveschneider
tGreenWay
aualum06
Townie
Cameron
AvgMSUJoe
SPARTASOTAN
Three_Putt_Par
Code_Warrior
Rocinante
cardinal fang
WBill
Mentalstate
Chief Sparty
Duke Silver
Heat Miser
Jethro Bodeen
dubie7006
Munn Field
Wally Fairway
By-Tor
DWags
The Pantry
InTenSity
Turtleneck
TrueGreenSpartan
Blanch32
Watch Out Pylon!
Giant Moose
Jake from State Farm
Robert J Sakimano
49 posters

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Go down

Geographically, Where Does "Up North" Begin?  - Page 25 Empty Re: Geographically, Where Does "Up North" Begin?

Post by tGreenWay 2023-06-03, 11:17

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Geographically, Where Does "Up North" Begin?  - Page 25 Empty Re: Geographically, Where Does "Up North" Begin?

Post by Jake from State Farm 2023-06-07, 19:47

Just got back from Mackinac Island. Bob, do me a favor. The next time the wife convinces me that we need to go to Mackinac Island please come over and put me in the hospital. I don't care how you do it and I promise to turn off any cameras beforehand.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-06-07, 21:09

There was a cruise ship docked outside of my office today. Geographically, Where Does "Up North" Begin?  - Page 25 Img_1311
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, tGreenWay, duffy munn and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-06-07, 21:22

Ocean Navigator
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-07, 21:52

Jake from State Farm wrote:Just got back from Mackinac Island. Bob, do me a favor. The next time the wife convinces me that we need to go to Mackinac Island please come over and put me in the hospital. I don't care how you do it and I promise to turn off any cameras beforehand.

Did you stay overnight or just a day trip, if the latter then I agree with you.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2023-06-08, 07:38

Trapper Gus wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:Just got back from Mackinac Island. Bob, do me a favor. The next time the wife convinces me that we need to go to Mackinac Island please come over and put me in the hospital. I don't care how you do it and I promise to turn off any cameras beforehand.

It was overnight. The hotel was nice, but shuffling up and down main street several times whilst sniffing horse poo is enough to drive anyone batschit crazy. I did manage to rent a bike that wasn't all beat to crap and rode around the island so that was okay too. I found that if you walk in the road with the horses and bicycles it's way better than confining yourself to the sidewalks.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-08, 07:49

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

It was overnight. The hotel was nice, but shuffling up and down main street several times whilst sniffing horse poo is enough to drive anyone batschit crazy. I did manage to rent a bike that wasn't all beat to crap and rode around the island so that was okay too. I found that if you walk in the road with the horses and bicycles it's way better than confining yourself to the sidewalks.

That part sort of gives you an appreciation for cars.

When I used to go, I would avoid "downtown" as much as possible.

There are some interior bike & hiking trails that are nice, and away from the crowds.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-06-08, 07:58

Trapper Gus wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:

There are some interior bike & hiking trails that are nice, and away from the crowds.

Yep, up in the hills are the best places. The airport is actually kind of cool.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-08, 08:14

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

There is an interior bike trail that goes from the British Landing to Arch Rock along the east side, not the center road, that is paved much of the way and is very nice, going through the woods and many fewer people than the coast roads.  If you like adventure there are foot trails that also can be ridden (horse or bike), you may have to carry the bike in places.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-09, 09:45

Geographically, Where Does "Up North" Begin?  - Page 25 502811600

yeah, I've seen pictures and read the reports. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-06-09, 10:40

Trapper Gus wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

There is an interior bike trail that goes from the British Landing to Arch Rock along the east side, not the center road, that is paved much of the way and is very nice, going through the woods and many fewer people than the coast roads.  If you like adventure there are foot trails that also can be ridden (horse or bike), you may have to carry the bike in places.

Makkena Island: when you are in your 20s, go there when the boat races are finishing, spend two nights.

When you are in your 30s with children, go there spend one night ride the horses, see the sights stick, knitting needles in your eyes.

When you are in your 40s and 50s what the fuck are you doing there unless, of course, it’s New Year’s Eve and you’re with some real cool friends
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-06-09, 11:05

Mrs. GreenWay is with a couple of colleagues at the Grand this weekend. She was nice enough to let me skip this one. If she pushed for me to go, I’d’ve stayed on the porch in a rocking chair and yelled at kids to slow down.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-09, 11:15

DWags wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Makkena Island: when you are in your 20s, go there when the boat races are finishing, spend two nights.

When you are in your 30s with children, go there spend one night ride the horses, see the sights stick, knitting needles in your eyes.

When you are in your 40s and 50s what the fuck are you doing there unless, of course, it’s New Year’s Eve and you’re with some real cool friends

Grandchildren.

The Grand has a nice 4th of July package deal with cocktail parties, picnics, a carnival & fireworks.

That sort of works pretty well in your 30's, too.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-09, 12:34

DWags wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

a friend of mine had to go up there recently for some sort of work-related political-type event (I think it was political) - as brutal as the place seems otherwise, that sort of event would make it exponentially worse.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-09, 12:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

a friend of mine had to go up there recently for some sort of work-related political-type event (I think it was political) - as brutal as the place seems otherwise, that sort of event would make it exponentially worse.

Mackinaw Policy Conference I'm guessing.

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-government/whitmer-taps-gop-businessman-tackle-michigan-population-crisis

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-06-09, 12:50

tGreenWay wrote:Mrs. GreenWay is with a couple of colleagues at the Grand this weekend. She was nice enough to let me skip this one. If she pushed for me to go, I’d’ve stayed on the porch in a rocking chair and yelled at kids to slow down.

Who wants to tell him.....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Floyd Robertson, Cameron, tGreenWay, Wally Fairway, DWags and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-06-09, 13:51

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Mrs. GreenWay is with a couple of colleagues at the Grand this weekend. She was nice enough to let me skip this one. If she pushed for me to go, I’d’ve stayed on the porch in a rocking chair and yelled at kids to slow down.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-09, 13:53

Trapper Gus wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:a friend of mine had to go up there recently for some sort of work-related political-type event (I think it was political) - as brutal as the place seems otherwise, that sort of event would make it exponentially worse.

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-government/whitmer-taps-gop-businessman-tackle-michigan-population-crisis

sounds about right.

yikes.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-06-09, 15:31

kingstonlake wrote:

ME!

Yeah Greenway, that's what my wife says when she wants to bang other dudes all weekend too. Convinces me it was my decision... thanks honey.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-06-09, 15:42

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

ME!

Yeah Greenway, that's what my wife says when she wants to bang other dudes all weekend too. Convinces me it was my decision... thanks honey.

I was thinking more along the lines of he just wasn't invited. But your version is quite salacious lol!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

tGreenWay and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-06-09, 18:45

kingstonlake wrote:

1) At least one of us is getting a little something something
B) She’s with two women, so… giggity
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-06-09, 18:46

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

ME!

Oh really? I thought she was up there for a sammich-making competition. Darn.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-06-09, 18:48

kingstonlake wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

ME!

I was thinking more along the lines of he just wasn't invited. But your version is quite salacious lol!

Salacious? maybe. Funny? meh.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-09, 18:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

sounds about right.

yikes.

It's a BFD for Michigan pols...
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-06-27, 17:40

Geographically, Where Does "Up North" Begin?  - Page 25 Img_1312
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, The Pantry, tGreenWay, DWags, Trapper Gus, Nordic and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-06-27, 19:00

Motown Spartan wrote:Geographically, Where Does "Up North" Begin?  - Page 25 Img_1312

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-06-27, 20:17

That’s gold, Motown! Gold!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-06-27, 20:59

Convinced twife to do a U.P roadie this summer. Leaving Friday. Spent a lot of time camping & fishing in Seney/Grand Marias area as a young buck. Haven't been across the bridge is 20 years. Never been west of Grand Marias. Super hyped. Munising, Marquette, Porkies, Houghton, Copper Habor, Brokeback Mountain, etc.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Cameron like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-06-27, 21:04

Nordic wrote:Convinced twife to do a U.P roadie this summer. Leaving Friday. Spent a lot of time camping & fishing in Seney/Grand Marias area as a young buck. Haven't been across the bridge is 20 years. Never been west of Grand Marias. Super hyped. Munising, Marquette, Porkies, Houghton, Copper Habor, Brokeback Mountain, etc.

Send me a DM if you want ideas/suggestions. Welcome and enjoy your stay.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-06-27, 21:08

W
Motown Spartan wrote:
Nordic wrote:Convinced twife to do a U.P roadie this summer. Leaving Friday. Spent a lot of time camping & fishing in Seney/Grand Marias area as a young buck. Haven't been across the bridge is 20 years. Never been west of Grand Marias. Super hyped. Munising, Marquette, Porkies, Houghton, Copper Habor, Brokeback Mountain, etc.

Were you at dog?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-06-27, 21:11

Nordic wrote:W
Motown Spartan wrote:

Were you at dog?

Marquette

-------
Since too many posts were made, this topic has been divided automatically. You can find the rest of this topic here :
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t25380-geographically-where-does-up-north-begin
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25