Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning?

+24
Cameron
Rocinante
steveschneider
Motown Spartan
Nordic
Jake from State Farm
GRR Spartan
Dendrobates
msugolfguy
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
duffy munn
Other Teams Pursuing That
MiamiSpartan
sεяεηιτλ
InTenSity
NigelUno
Travis of the Cosmos
PennSpartan
Rick Saunders
aualum06
Trapper Gus
28 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning? - Page 2 Empty Re: 2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 3:55

I mean lol have you fucking idiots seen inflation? And you chuckle fuck republicans have been reduced to hoping you can eek out control of the house, maybe, possibly…. You should have absolutely destroyed democrats. Maybe it’s time to be a bit more woke, eh? Perhaps the truth is that no one actually cares which bathroom people shit in or any of the other insane mundane bullshit you’re constantly ranting about because someone on the internet told you it was important
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, DWags, Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning? - Page 2 Empty Re: 2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 3:57

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I mean lol have you fucking idiots seen inflation? And you chuckle fuck republicans have been reduced to hoping you can eke out control of the house, maybe, possibly…. You should have absolutely destroyed democrats. Maybe it’s time to be a bit more woke, eh? Perhaps the truth is that no one actually cares which bathroom people shit in or any of the other insane mundane bullshit you’re constantly ranting about because someone on the internet told you it was important

2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning? - Page 2 502811600 2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning? - Page 2 969504605
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 5:37

No idea if this is true, but a couple of people on the internets are saying the Ds have taken control of the MI Senate and that the MI House is in play. That would be remarkable, if true. I’m going to be so I hope to wake to good news in a few hours.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 6:42

The strategy to defeat Pete Meijer worked, btw.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

tGreenWay, Dendrobates, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 7:02

Democrats FLIP Michigan state senate. Prop 3 passes. Big Gretch, Nessel win. Slotkin wins.

Michigan is a pretty great place to be.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Dendrobates, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 7:10

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Democrats FLIP Michigan state senate. Prop 3 passes. Big Gretch, Nessel win. Slotkin wins.

Michigan is a pretty great place to be.

Except it looks like fucking John James is finally going to win race. Fuck my district.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Robert J Sakimano, tGreenWay, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 7:52

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I mean lol have you fucking idiots seen inflation? And you chuckle fuck republicans have been reduced to hoping you can eek out control of the house, maybe, possibly…. You should have absolutely destroyed democrats. Maybe it’s time to be a bit more woke, eh? Perhaps the truth is that no one actually cares which bathroom people shit in or any of the other insane mundane bullshit you’re constantly ranting about because someone on the internet told you it was important

I just found the next President of the United States on a message board.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Travis of the Cosmos and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 8:05

Update: Democrats flip the Michigan House, too.

Shout out to MI GOP for running absolute insane, election-denying misogynists for office. Decent folks in Michigan appreciate it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos, tGreenWay, Trapper Gus, Nordic and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 8:33

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I mean lol have you fucking idiots seen inflation? And you chuckle fuck republicans have been reduced to hoping you can eek out control of the house, maybe, possibly…. You should have absolutely destroyed democrats. Maybe it’s time to be a bit more woke, eh? Perhaps the truth is that no one actually cares which bathroom people shit in or any of the other insane mundane bullshit you’re constantly ranting about because someone on the internet told you it was important
Or maybe, just maybe a moderate Democrat President is pretty good after all. Biden 2024!
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 9:15

The GOP has a Trump problem.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 9:21

PennSpartan wrote:
Or maybe, just maybe a moderate Democrat President is pretty good after all. Biden 2024!

Biden is an FDR / LBJ moderate.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 9:26

PennSpartan wrote:

Hahahaha no you don’t get to back track on all your doom and gloom. Nope. All the posts are here and can be quoted. “They’re going to lose because of progressives and student loans”- Penn, basically

Student loan relief for everybody!!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, Dendrobates, Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 9:27

kingstonlake wrote:The GOP has a Trump problem.

“I have an idea, let’s ban books because some mom on Facebook said it’s bad”

Buncha fucking idiots
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates, Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 9:29

Kudos to Colorado for getting rid of their Boebert problem.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Cameron and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 9:33

Floyd Robertson wrote:Kudos to Colorado for getting rid of their Boebert problem.

Is thisConfirmed?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 9:40

2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning? - Page 2 266dce10
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 9:41

kingstonlake wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Kudos to Colorado for getting rid of their Boebert problem.

Is thisConfirmed?

Yeah, maybe not. I saw an update that with 90% of the vote counted she's down 1.8%.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 9:45

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:
Or maybe, just maybe a moderate Democrat President is pretty good after all.  Biden 2024!

Hahahaha no you don’t get to back track on all your doom and gloom. Nope. All the posts are here and can be quoted. “They’re going to lose because of progressives and student loans”- Penn, basically

The Democrats haven’t won anything yet.  They still might lose the House and Senate.  They lose either one and there’s no more progressive bullshit for the next two years.  Keep your fingers crossed.  2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning? - Page 2 1494614055
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 9:47

“Here’s an idea, let’s run Tudor Dixon, a completely unqualified mom we found. Everyone (me and my friends) are still so mad about that 2 weeks where I was asked to stay home for everyone’s safety, so this should be easy even if we run a complete lunatic”

2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning? - Page 2 85585410

Buncha fuckin chuckle fucks
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Cameron and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 9:47

Trapper Gus wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

Biden is an FDR / LBJ moderate.
Your spin on things is endless. I’ll give you that.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 9:48

PennSpartan wrote:

The Democrats haven’t won anything yet.  They still might lose the House and Senate.  They lose either one and there’s no more progressive bullshit for the next two years.  Keep your fingers crossed.  2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning? - Page 2 1494614055

Hahaha, no more loser talk penn. We’re winners now, young people are dragging you kicking and screaming out of the fuckin loser put you live in. Time to get on board
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 9:48

As Bob said - and this is huge for Michigan - THe Dems have the legislature & Governorship for the first time in almost 40 years!

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-government/huge-wins-democrats-theyre-poised-retake-michigan-legislature

LANSING – Democrats will control the governor's office and Michigan Legislature for the first time in four decades after dominating an election marked by strong turnout from abortion rights supporters.

It was a very good night in Michigan for the Democratic Party
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 9:50

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:“Here’s an idea, let’s run Tudor Dixon, a completely unqualified mom we found. Everyone (me and my friends) are still so mad about that 2 weeks where I was asked to stay home for everyone’s safety, so this should be easy even if we run a complete lunatic”

2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning? - Page 2 85585410

Buncha fuckin chuckle fucks

This is also a comment by the voters in a purple state on the national party and what it has done in the last two years.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 9:51

I can breathe some sigh of relief
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 9:52

Dendrobates wrote:I can breathe some sigh of relief

Pray for the US House & Senate.

Or have a shot for them.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 10:00

PennSpartan wrote:

Hahaha, no more loser talk penn. We’re winners now, young people are dragging you kicking and screaming out of the fuckin loser put you live in. Time to get on board
Fuck off, loser. Pay your bills. LOL
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 10:03

PennSpartan wrote:

That the best you can do? Copying what I’m saying?

No penn, you can do better. You’re a winner now. It’s time to start acting like it. No more going back to your same old whining.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 10:14

Is it safe to say that since moderates determine all elections that they’re fine with the progressive elements of Biden’s first couple years?

Asking for a Penn
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 10:14

PennSpartan wrote:

No penn, you can do better. You’re a winner now. It’s time to start acting like it. No more going back to your same old whining.
PennSpartan wrote:

I’ve been a winner my entire life. I don’t have to beg the government to pay my bills. Go watch the votes come in and pray.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 10:38

The voters have decided- I was told this was a referendum on student debt relief (lol) and they’ve made their voices heard. *chanting* forgive all the debt, forgive all the debt, forgive all the debt
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 10:40

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/11/9/2134721/-Young-Voters-Saved-our-Asses-Tonight-Now-Democrats-Must-Repay-Them
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 10:46

PennSpartan wrote:

I’ve been a winner my entire life. I don’t have to beg the government to pay my bills. Go watch the votes come in and pray.

For what it’s worth, real talk penn, you aren’t grasping what I’m talking about with the loser winner shit. I’ll help.

The only thing the republicans have is that they act like they are winners. Like everyone is on board with their completely insane policies and everything they are doing is right. The reality is that that isn’t true. They are broadly unpopular positions that republicans take.

The problem for democrats is that too many of us, like you, acquiesce to them constantly. “Oh we gotta meet them in the middle if we want to win” “oh it’s all our own progressives faults everything wah” it’s not true though. Democrat policies ideas (and progressive for that matter, but really I’m trying not to hurt your fe fe’s too much, and I’m trying not to go down the same road yet again with you) are more popular everywhere. How did ballot proposals about abortion go? Weed? If there were proposals about student loan debt, our healthcare system, etc how would they have gone?

The only thing republicans have is that democrats, and the media, are more than happy to let them act like they are more popular than they are. They aren’t, and it’s time to put a boot on their throat and squash this insane fascists shit rather than let them wiggle free
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 10:49

A few things stood out from results.

Betsy DeVos needs to become an anonymous donor

Tudor Dixon was so weak a candidate she lost Muskegon County where she was born and raised.

The new Congressional map and size Hillary Scholten’s win over Trump endorsed John Gibbs indicates Peter Meijer won’t have an automatic win if he wins the GOP nomination to return to Congress in 2024.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 10:50

Looks like Betsy DeVos handpicked and funded candidate has conceded.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 10:54

PennSpartan wrote:

For what it’s worth, real talk penn, you aren’t grasping what I’m talking about with the loser winner shit. I’ll help.

The only thing the republicans have is that they act like they are winners. Like everyone is on board with their completely insane policies and everything they are doing is right. The reality is that that isn’t true. They are broadly unpopular positions that republicans take.

The problem for democrats is that too many of us, like you, acquiesce to them constantly. “Oh we gotta meet them in the middle if we want to win” “oh it’s all our own progressives faults everything wah” it’s not true though. Democrat policies ideas (and progressive for that matter, but really I’m trying not to hurt your fe fe’s too much, and I’m trying not to go down the same road yet again with you) are more popular everywhere. How did ballot proposals about abortion go? Weed? If there were proposals about student loan debt, our healthcare system, etc how would they have gone?

The only thing republicans have is that democrats, and the media, are more than happy to let them act like they are more popular than they are. They aren’t, and it’s time to put a boot on their throat and squash this insane fascists shit rather than let them wiggle free
Did you even pay attention to the results? Look at Florida. Look at the Governors race in Georgia and Texas. You’re doing your touchdown dance at the 10 yard line. Wait until all the results are in before you crow.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 11:00

PennSpartan wrote:

Did you even pay attention to the results? Look at Florida. Look at the Governors race in Georgia and Texas. You’re doing your touchdown dance at the 10 yard line. Wait until all the results are in before you crow.

All three governor's races were incumbents. Incumbents have an over 90% success rate.

Florida is so fucked up with gerrymandering out the wazoo and crazy voter suppression that it is an indicator of nothing other than what the Republican Party would like to do to the rest of the country.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 11:04

PennSpartan wrote:

See this is loser talk penn. Florida is a Republican state. Are you going to tell me about Kentucky results next? It’s time to stop this shit. You don’t have to fight with me, its a choice you’re making.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 11:05

Trapper Gus wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

All three governor's races were incumbents. Incumbents have an over 90% success rate.

Florida is so fucked up with gerrymandering out the wazoo and crazy voter suppression that it is an indicator of nothing other than what the Republican Party would like to do to the rest of the country.
Like the sun coming up in the morning, I can always count on the TrapperGus excuse machine!
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 11:06

Adam Frisch has 147,263 and the vile Lauren Boebert has 142,328. Only one county in her district, Mesa, has not completed its election night tally. Mesa voters cast 63,918 votes, 35,158 for BoBo and 25,728 for Frisch. That means only 3,032 votes remain to be counted in Mesa. Even if BoBo won all of them, she would still fall short.

I don’t know if there are any early or absentee ballots yet to tally...

Any Dem pick up is good with the House being so close.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 11:07

Trapper Gus wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:
Did you even pay attention to the results?  Look at Florida.  Look at the Governors race in Georgia and Texas.  You’re doing your touchdown dance at the 10 yard line.  Wait until all the results are in before you crow.  

All three governor's races were incumbents.  Incumbents have an over 90% success rate.

I thought Florida had computer generated districts?  At least I thought they did for the national representatives, maybe not for state positions.

Edit: nevermind. I might have fallen for some repub propaganda. There was a big citizen initiative to make it fair but the state Republicans gained some national help to twist the lines to be compliant with the amendment but still heavily favoring Republicans. God Republicans are insidious.

What was once basically 50/50 with a slight Republicans lean is now heavily leaning Republicans by 3-4 seats.

Last edited by sεяεηιτλ on Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 11:17; edited 1 time in total
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next