Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning?

+24
Cameron
Rocinante
steveschneider
Motown Spartan
Nordic
Jake from State Farm
GRR Spartan
Dendrobates
msugolfguy
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
duffy munn
Other Teams Pursuing That
MiamiSpartan
sεяεηιτλ
InTenSity
NigelUno
Travis of the Cosmos
PennSpartan
Rick Saunders
aualum06
Trapper Gus
28 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning? - Page 10 Empty Re: 2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning?

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2022-11-17, 14:38

Trapper Gus wrote:The Republicans gained control of the HOR because they cheated. Aided and abetted by the Radical Republican "Justices", politicians really, on the Supreme Court.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/11/16/2136410/-Republicans-just-took-control-of-the-House-because-of-partisan-and-racial-gerrymandering-Here-s-how

Of course. Democrats are at a disadvantage. The lines and formulas are 100% against us. Plainly made obvious by the fact that Republicans are the only ones that can win the presidency with millions fewer votes. Even the state lines/electoral college disadvantages us. Dems have to blow Republicans out to get and retain control.
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning? - Page 10 Empty Re: 2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-11-17, 14:42

kingstonlake wrote:Please leave your garden hose.

Just in case.

2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning? - Page 10 1966794946
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2022-11-17, 14:43

PennSpartan wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:On this very page you’ve posted “everyone here is a progressive” in your very mad way at least 19 times. It’s nice that you disagree about your own posting but everyone else here agrees that you’re constantly moaning.
All right, you win.  I’ll leave.  I can see you are clearly unhappy with me being here, and others are too.  I don’t want that.  I enjoyed the year I was here, honestly.  I enjoyed the freedom to be able to speak, unlike on TOB.  To TrapperGus, I’ll miss our debates, especially in the days of Hillary when we were on the same “team”.  RQA, we may be from different viewpoints but I respect your willingness to come into “enemy” territory and post your opinions.  Steveschneider, I barely knew you but it seems we would have gotten along.  Everyone else, best of luck.  We’re all Spartans and that will never separate us.  Go Green!

2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning? - Page 10 1811933421

queen queen queen

2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning? - Page 10 969504605

2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning? - Page 10 276803595
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-11-17, 17:18

If some people spent as much time checking their facts and making reasoned arguments as they do bitching and moaning about how persecuted they are, it would be much more pleasant place to discuss things.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, MiamiSpartan and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-17, 17:42

sεяεηιτλ wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:The Republicans gained control of the HOR because they cheated.  Aided and abetted by the Radical Republican "Justices", politicians really, on the Supreme Court.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/11/16/2136410/-Republicans-just-took-control-of-the-House-because-of-partisan-and-racial-gerrymandering-Here-s-how

Of course.  Democrats are at a disadvantage.  The lines and formulas are 100% against us.  Plainly made obvious by the fact that Republicans are the only ones that can win the presidency with millions fewer votes.  Even the state lines/electoral college disadvantages us.  Dems have to blow Republicans out to get and retain control.

If every state would set up districting commissions like Michigan's and make it easy for everyone to vote like Washington the elected would more closely reflect what "The People" overall want.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-11-17, 20:29

sεяεηιτλ wrote: Plainly made obvious by the fact that Republicans are the only ones that can win the presidency with millions fewer

Fact check:

Republican candidates for the HOR will receive about 4,000,000 more votes than democrat candidates.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

PennSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-11-17, 20:31

NigelUno wrote:

And, I don't think this board is full of progressives

2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning? - Page 10 1099637414

2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning? - Page 10 420617953
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-11-17, 20:32

Trapper Gus wrote:The Republicans gained control of the HOR because they cheated. Aided and abetted by the Radical Republican "Justices", politicians really, on the Supreme Court.

Fact check:

Republican candidates for the HOR will receive about 4,000,000 more votes than the democrat candidates.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-11-17, 20:42

PennSpartan wrote: RQA, we may be from different viewpoints but I respect your willingness to come into “enemy” territory and post your opinions.  

Thanks Penn.   This board will be a far less interesting place without you.

Check in from time to time so we know you are okay.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-11-17, 21:09

PennSpartan wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:On this very page you’ve posted “everyone here is a progressive” in your very mad way at least 19 times. It’s nice that you disagree about your own posting but everyone else here agrees that you’re constantly moaning.
All right, you win.  I’ll leave.  I can see you are clearly unhappy with me being here, and others are too.  I don’t want that.  I enjoyed the year I was here, honestly.  I enjoyed the freedom to be able to speak, unlike on TOB.  To TrapperGus, I’ll miss our debates, especially in the days of Hillary when we were on the same “team”.  RQA, we may be from different viewpoints but I respect your willingness to come into “enemy” territory and post your opinions.  Steveschneider, I barely knew you but it seems we would have gotten along.  Everyone else, best of luck.  We’re all Spartans and that will never separate us.  Go Green!

Oh for fuck's sake. You poke and poke at your enemies, then declare victimhood when people tell you what they think of you. Get over yourself.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Cameron, MiamiSpartan, Other Teams Pursuing That, DWags, GRR Spartan, Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-11-17, 23:31

Tough going through life fighting fists with your face unless you like pain and blood.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-11-18, 01:15

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

Oh for fuck's sake. You poke and poke at your enemies, then declare victimhood when people tell you what they think of you. Get over yourself.

Lucky he isn’t leaving through our Swill tunnel. (That’s a joke Penn we love you and none of us have helmets)
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-18, 07:38

RQA wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:The Republicans gained control of the HOR because they cheated.  Aided and abetted by the Radical Republican "Justices", politicians really, on the Supreme Court.

Fact check:

Republican candidates for the HOR will receive about 4,000,000 more votes than the democrat candidates.

2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning? - Page 10 877510730

https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm-elections-arizona-race-and-ethnicity-congress-c56023627a22ca81cd99fee4b2fb0897

Not all the votes have been counted yet, and to see how much gerrymandering seats varied the seats from the number of voters on each side a better measure is to look at it state by state.

If Florida, for instance, sends 20 out of 28 Republicans to the HOR, 71%, but the vote split isn't between 68% to 75% then gerrymandering caused that.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2022-11-18, 08:58; edited 2 times in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

sεяεηιτλ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2022-11-18, 07:42

PennSpartan wrote:

Take care my man and if you decide to stick around there's other things to talk about besides politics like the upcoming Syracuse games. I'm all over the internet making friends with Spartans so I'm sure we will cross paths again. Take care and Go Green!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

RQA and PennSpartan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2022-11-18, 07:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

She will be missed. The greatest American legislator of my life time.
probably so.

and definitely the most influential and impactful female legislator in American history. Defending decency and democracy for decades, speaking up for the disenfranchised and disillusioned.

Glad to see her hand the keys over to the New Democrats.. but they have awfully big shoes to fill.

"Pelosi snubs Trump in leadership exit announcement, says she 'enjoyed' working with 3 presidents: Bush, Obama, and Biden"

The ultimate bad ass and she owned him. I know every fan boy from his cult likes to tell everyone that what we are observing from Elon is chess even thought what we are seeing is him being crazy and uraveling. The true chess master was Nancy Pelosi. A master strategist and always a couple moves ahead of the haters.

One of my favorite moments when she stood up and ripped up Trumps state of the union speech. A fitting response to another unhinged buffoon that had a cult.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-18, 08:11

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: probably so.

and definitely the most influential and impactful female legislator in American history. Defending decency and democracy for decades, speaking up for the disenfranchised and disillusioned.

Glad to see her hand the keys over to the New Democrats.. but they have awfully big shoes to fill.

"Pelosi snubs Trump in leadership exit announcement, says she 'enjoyed' working with 3 presidents: Bush, Obama, and Biden"

The ultimate bad ass and she owned him. I know every fan boy from his cult likes to tell everyone that what we are observing from Elon is chess even thought what we are seeing is him being crazy and uraveling. The true chess master was Nancy Pelosi. A master strategist and always a couple moves ahead of the haters.

One of my favorite moments when she stood up and ripped up Trumps state of the union speech. A fitting response to another unhinged buffoon that had a cult.

Let's hope that the new leaders for the Democratic HOR have learned the same skills that she has.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2022-11-18, 08:32

Trapper Gus wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Let's hope that the new leaders for the Democratic HOR have learned the same skills that she has.

Hakeem Jeffries sounds good to me. Going to trust Nancy on this one she seems to know a thing or two about this stuff.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-11-18, 09:00

Trapper Gus wrote:

Not all the votes have been counted yet, and to see how much gerrymandering ....

My God, you are dumb.

Gerrymandering has nothing to do with the total number of votes cast.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-11-18, 09:02

looking forward to the patriotic 'America first' christian GOP to investigate the christian rapist who stole nuclear secrets and took them to his Truck Stop and Massage Parlor.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-18, 09:17

RQA wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Not all the votes have been counted yet, and to see how much gerrymandering .....

My God, you are dumb.

Gerrymandering has everything to do with: if the number of HOR members from each party for each state represent a fair election via roughly the same percentage of HOR members from the state as votes in the state for the HOR candidates.

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-11-18, 09:30

Trapper Gus wrote:
RQA wrote:

My God, you are dumb.

Gerrymandering has everything to do with: if the number of HOR members from each party for each state represent a fair election via roughly the same percentage of HOR members from the state as votes in the state for the HOR candidates.

Confirmed: Trapper is really dumb.

Gerrymandering has nothing to do with the total vote count.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-18, 09:40

RQA wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Confirmed:  Trapper is really dumb.

Oh, I'm sorry.  You want to die on that one.

The total vote count, for each party, is not the best measure of the fairness of the election for the HOR.

It provides a measure of the fairness of the system for the President, however, and really the electoral college should be eliminated, and we should go with popular vote count for the President & VP.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-18, 10:46

In memory of a recently silent Bin poster ...

For the first time in 12 years, Democrats will control the Pennsylvania House of Representatives, capping a very nice election indeed for Democrats in the state—Gov-elect Josh Shapiro, Sen-elect John Fetterman, and now this flip. This was a massive come-from-behind win that saw Democrats flip an incredible 12 seats.

As a result, Pennsylvania will have its first Black woman House speaker, Joanna McClinton, and it will be almost impossible for Trump (or DeSantis, or whatever cheater they come up with) to try to steal its electoral votes in 2024.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-11-18, 11:02

RQA wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Confirmed: Trapper is really dumb.

Sure it does. For many people and incentive to vote and who is running in your district. Gerrymandering does disenfranchise some people to the point where they don’t want to vote. Is that their fault? Yes of course it is, but saying that gerrymandering doesn’t affect vote totals it’s like saying that the weather doesn’t affect vote totals. It might suck that they do, but they do
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-11-18, 12:51

Trapper Gus wrote:

The total vote count, for each party, is not the best measure of the fairness of the election for the HOR.

I didn't say it was a measure of "fairness". I simply accurately fact checked leftist Swill posters by pointing out that Republican candidates for the House will get about 4,000,000 more votes than democrat candidates.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-11-18, 12:55

RQA wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I didn't say it was a measure of "fairness". I simply accurately fact checked leftist Swill posters by pointing out that Republican candidates for the House will get about 4,000,000 more votes than democrat candidates.

How many more votes did the democratic challenger for president receive in each of the last two Republican presidential victories?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-11-18, 13:00

DWags wrote:

How many more votes did the democratic challenger for president receive in each of the last two Republican presidential victories?

That total popular vote used to be very important to democrats. I guess not so much this year.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-18, 13:58

RQA wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I didn't say it was a measure of "fairness".   I simply accurately fact checked leftist Swill posters by pointing out that Republican candidates for the House will get about 4,000,000 more votes than democrat candidates.

You might have a point if your post wasn't in reply to my post which was pointing out how the Republicans cheated to gain the majority in the HOR.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2022-11-18, 16:30; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-11-18, 14:56

Crap. Still can't believe that district is so dumb.

[tw]1593693598264225792[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-19, 07:48

Georgia runoff election - Republicans "don't vote" - that worked so well for them in 2020

[tw]1593931309440712706[/tw]
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-19, 08:30

Republicans won 20 Senate seats
Democrats won 14 Senate seats

So with basically the same amount of votes Republicans got 6 more Senators. Such a deal! Doing some dividing we get:

2,526,669 for each Democratic Senator elected this election
1,807,984 for each Republican Senator elected this election

More dividing and we get that the Republican votes per Senator total is 71.6% of the Democrats, which can also be described as being 28.4% less and boom!
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-21, 15:34

AZ AG race probably decided via death of Red Voters from covid, due to Reds promoting antivax message.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/11/21/2137659/-The-GOPCovidDeathCult-didn-t-decide-the-midterms-but-it-did-decide-the-AZ-Attorney-General-race
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-22, 07:30

https://apnews.com/article/michigan-legislature-government-and-politics-1dedf1cfb97cfee9c03d6a96c46fa126

AP wrote:Democratic candidates for the Michigan House and Senate won a majority of votes this year, translating into their party winning control of both legislative chambers. That may seem like a natural result, but it hasn’t been in previous elections.

While Democrats also won a majority of votes in 2018 and 2020, Republicans won majorities in the Legislature. The difference this time: Candidates ran in new districts drawn by a citizens commission instead of ones crafted by Republican lawmakers that were designed to help keep their party in power.

“Michigan went from some of the most extremely gerrymandered maps to some of the country’s fairest maps, and now we have a perfect alignment between the votes that voters cast and the officials that were elected into office,” said Nancy Wang, executive director of Voters Not Politicians. Her group spearheaded a successful 2018 ballot initiative that changed the way Michigan’s legislative districts are drawn.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-23, 10:11

[tw]1595099147757051908[/tw]
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-11-23, 20:41

[tw]1595591924299309058?t=20N4mTfypOurU-YPk7WV1w&s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-11-23, 21:43

Who beat Palin wit the ugly stick?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2022-11-23, 21:45

I would hazard a guess that she has spent an obscene amount of money to look that hideous.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe, Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-11-23, 21:47

Cameron wrote:I would hazard a guess that she has spent an obscene amount of money to look that hideous.

I see what you did there.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-11-23, 21:48

She looks like a Roblox character.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2022-11-23, 23:02

RQA wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Not all the votes have been counted yet, and to see how much gerrymandering .....

My God, you are dumb.

You don't understand ... at all ... what he was actually arguing. Do you?
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next