Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Israel war

+19
TravelinMan
Trapper Gus
Zurn
Travis of the Cosmos
GRR Spartan
steveschneider
Motown Spartan
DWags
AvgMSUJoe
Robert J Sakimano
kingstonlake
gomersbro
Cameron
Jake from State Farm
Floyd Robertson
Spartytruth
Rocinante
InTenSity
sεяεηιτλ
23 posters

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Israel war - Page 23 Empty Re: Israel war

Post by Cameron Sat 16 Mar 2024 - 9:56

Trapper Gus wrote:
Cameron wrote:Acute malnutrition has doubled in one month in the north of Gaza strip: UNICEF

Which is why Joe Biden is doing something to alleviate the issue.
Great job, Joe!
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sat 16 Mar 2024 - 10:18

Some facts about Israel's military supply lines.

Israel operates a vast military apparatus. According to the International Institute for Strategic Studies’ (IISS) Military Balance 2023, Israel has 169,500 active military personnel in the army, navy and paramilitary. A further 465,000 constitute its reserve forces, while 8,000 form part of its paramilitary.

Israel’s Iron Dome system is a mobile air defence system designed to intercept and destroy short-range rockets using radar technology. It was developed in 2006, following the war with Hezbollah, where thousands of rockets were launched into Israel.

Coming into operation in 2011, the Iron Dome was created with the help of the US which is responsible for supplying parts for the system including setting aside more than $1.5bn in missile defence for Israel in 2022.

In 2022, Israel spent $23.4bn on its military, according to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), a research institute focused on conflict and armaments.

Historically, Israel’s weapons imports have far outweighed its exports. However, during the last decade, exports have begun to consistently eclipse imports, SIPRI data shows.

Between 2018 and 2022, at least 35 countries imported weapons from Israel totalling $3.2bn.

Of that, about a third ($1.2bn), of Israel’s military exports were to India. Relations between Israel and India have blossomed since Indian Prime Minister Narendra came to power in 2014.

The second-largest buyer of Israeli weapons was Azerbaijan ($295m), followed by the Philippines ($275m), the US ($217m) and Vietnam ($180m).

In the period between 2018-2022, Israel imported weapons totaling $2.7bn from only two countries, the US and Germany. (Less than 2.2% of Israels yearly spend on their military, averaging over those 5 years - TG)

More than three-quarters of Israel’s military imports amounting to $2.1bn came from the US while the remaining $546m came from Germany.

Israel has long been seen by US legislators as an ally to help protect US strategic interests in the Middle East.

According to the US Congressional Research Service, factors for the continuing military support to Israel include shared strategic interests, “domestic US support for Israel” and “a mutual commitment to democratic values”.

US military funding to Israel topped $3.8bn in 2023, as part of a record $38bn deal over 10 years signed under former US President Barack Obama in 2016.

Between 1946 and 2023, the US has supported Israel with a total of $124bn in the form of military and defense aid. (6% of Israels defense spending - TG)

Of the $3.8bn military aid provided to Israel this year, half a billion has been for Israel’s missile defenses. Washington has stated that it will backfill Israeli munitions used against Hamas in the latest war.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/10/11/how-big-is-israels-military-and-how-much-funding-does-it-get-from-the-us

With about 6% of Israel's military budget from the US, about 50% of that for missile defense, and Israel already having the "bombs & bullets" in place in country with home grown industry capable of manufacturing all they need the US's leverage is somewhat limited. The US maintains warehousing there for potential use across the mideast.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Sat 16 Mar 2024 - 10:32

GRR Spartan wrote:Netanyahu is the dog that caught the bus. Pair that with the messiah beliefs of his hardline supporters means there is no end in sight.

The end is in sight. One more Hamas stronghold to take and then the political, infrastructure and economic reconstruction can begin.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sat 16 Mar 2024 - 10:37

Zurn wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Netanyahu is the dog that caught the bus. Pair that with the messiah beliefs of his hardline supporters means there is no end in sight.

The end is in sight. One more Hamas stronghold to take and then the political, infrastructure and economic reconstruction can begin.

Oh sure, after that happens Iran, Russia & Chian will stop supporting each other in the mideast.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Sat 16 Mar 2024 - 10:39

Trapper Gus wrote:
Zurn wrote:

Oh sure, after that happens Iran, Russia & Chian will stop supporting each other in the mideast.

That's not what I said. I simply stated that there is one more Hamas stronghold for Israel to destroy and then the military operation will largely be over. I'm sure that Iran, Russia, and China will continue to be up to no good in the middle east. You can chose to support that coalition or support Israel.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sat 16 Mar 2024 - 10:58

Zurn wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

That's not what I said. I simply stated that there is one more Hamas stronghold for Israel to destroy and then the military operation will largely be over. I'm sure that Iran, Russia, and China will continue to be up to no good in the middle east. You can chose to support that coalition or support Israel.

Oddly I can both not support Israel's actions in killing over 30k civilians for no good reasons, just because they are too lazy to use common sense terms of engagement (or more likely, bloodthirsty warmongering monsters who what to kill as many Palestinians as they can) and oppose Iran & their allies who are cheering on the murder of innocent people in Israel.

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sat 16 Mar 2024 - 16:54

Zurn acting as Israel's mouthpiece to The Swill.

Spouting the same BS that was fed to Americans by John Foster Dulles and Robert McNamara. Victory is just around the corner. There was never a victory in Vietnam.

No one is talking about how many generations of terrorists Israel is creating every day more Gaza residents die from starvation, lack of potable water and medical treatment.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sat 16 Mar 2024 - 20:53

GRR Spartan wrote:Zurn acting as Israel's mouthpiece to The Swill.

Spouting the same BS that was fed to Americans by John Foster Dulles and Robert McNamara.  Victory is just around the corner.  There was never a victory in Vietnam.

No one is talking about how many generations of terrorists Israel is creating every day more Gaza residents die from starvation, lack of potable water and medical treatment.

From what I have been reading, and by the United States throwing its weight behind new elections in Israel which by all accounts will be the end of the far right wing government now in place, it still appears that Biden is playing a much deeper game than people on this board, beside myself of course, are giving him credit for.

FWIW a couple of weeks ago the PLA government on the West Bank resigned in favor of a new election for a new government more in line with working toward a new two state solution, and there are rumors in the press that the US is maybe ready to stop vetoing the recognition of the PLA as the government of the state of Palestine.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 16 Mar 2024 - 21:27

Trapper Gus wrote:

Spouting the same BS that was fed to Americans by John Foster Dulles and Robert McNamara.  Victory is just around the corner.  There was never a victory in Vietnam.

From what I have been reading, and by the United States throwing its weight behind new elections in Israel which by all accounts will be the end of the far right wing government now in place, it still appears that Biden is playing a much deeper game than people on this board, beside myself of course, are giving him credit for.

FWIW a couple of weeks ago the PLA government on the West Bank resigned in favor of a new election for a new government more in line with working toward a new two state solution, and there are rumors in the press that the US is maybe ready to stop vetoing the recognition of the PLA as the government of the state of Palestine.

I think someone else agreed it’s nuance that wins the day. Compared it to the fools on radio who call in and just say “trade Goff for Mahomes”

Nobody likes the slow pace, but why do I get the feeling that Biden is going to forrest Gump this to success?

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 7:06

DWags wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I think someone else agreed it’s nuance that wins the day.  Compared it to the fools on radio who call in and just say “trade Goff for Mahomes”

Nobody likes the slow pace, but why do I get the feeling that Biden is going to forrest Gump this to success?

I am hoping for a Forrest Gump solution, which should be obvious, however my gut tells me the chances are not all that great we will get one.

AP wrote:Thousands of people demonstrated Saturday night in Tel Aviv to show their impatience with Netanyahu’s government and demand a deal to free hostages. Some expressed support for U.S. Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer’s sharp criticism of Netanyahu’s handling of the war and his call for a new election.

“I think that we are in a situation where they are completely right, that we have a war that is continuing well beyond what is necessary,” protester Yehuda Halper said.

Netanyahu’s office said Friday he approved military plans to attack Rafah, the southernmost town in Gaza where about 1.4 million displaced Palestinians — more than half the enclave’s population — are sheltering. Israel wants to target Hamas battalions stationed there.

The United States (that means Joe Biden is against killing Palestinians - TG) and other countries have warned that a military operation in Rafah could be disastrous.

https://apnews.com/article/israel-hamas-war-news-03-16-2024-53a0fff49d9196fc38f75ad1b37a64bf
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 8:54

DWags wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I think someone else agreed it’s nuance that wins the day.  Compared it to the fools on radio who call in and just say “trade Goff for Mahomes”

Still a shitty analogy. And yeah, the slow pace when children are starving to death is not the correct pace.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 13:37

Spouting the same BS that was fed to Americans by John Foster Dulles and Robert McNamara. Victory is just around the corner. There was never a victory in Vietnam.

I don't see many similarities between the Vietnam war and this Gaza war.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 13:39

Trapper Gus wrote: by the United States throwing its weight behind new elections in Israel which by all accounts will be the end of the far right wing government now in place,

Democrats: Russia is interfering in our elections!! Russia! Russia! Russia! This collusion must be stopped

Democrats: Biden is brilliant by interfering in the elections of the only democracy in the Middle East.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 14:18

Zurn wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote: by the United States throwing its weight behind new elections in Israel which by all accounts will be the end of the far right wing government now in place,

Democrats: Russia is interfering in our elections!! Russia! Russia! Russia! This collusion must be stopped

Democrats: Biden is brilliant by interfering in the elections of the only democracy in the Middle East.

Sounds like Israel’s problem to deal with. Why would Russians have been upset with their government trying to persuade Americans to do things that are to the Russian people’s benefit? They wouldn’t

Silly nonsense zurq do better
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 22:27

[tw]1769544187525870028?s=20[/tw]
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 18 Mar 2024 - 7:32

Saw a Reddit thread and verified that Israelis will back up cement trucks and fill water wells with concrete. Like, just back the trucks up and start filling these primitive wells with cement. I mean why? WTF is wrong with people? Basically scorching an already fragile ecosystem. JFC.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Mon 18 Mar 2024 - 7:53

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Zurn wrote:

Sounds like Israel’s problem to deal with. Why would Russians have been upset with their government trying to persuade Americans to do things that are to the Russian people’s benefit? They wouldn’t

So we should be upset if other countries interfere with our elections but it is okay to interfere with other countries elections if that interference aligns with our politics. Got it.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon 18 Mar 2024 - 7:56

Zurn wrote:

So we should be upset if other countries interfere with our elections but it is okay to interfere with other countries elections if that interference aligns with our politics. Got it.

Netanyahu's actions are intended to interfere with out elections. That is why he allowed Hamas attack to Israel, to create a mud pit for Biden.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Mon 18 Mar 2024 - 8:01

Trapper Gus wrote:

Netanyahu's actions are intended to interfere with out elections. That is why he allowed Hamas attack to Israel, to create a mud pit for Biden.

Interesting theory. Netanyahu murdered hundreds of his own people to start a war with Hamas which would hurt the election chances of Biden and help elect Trump, who I've been told is an anti-Semite.

That makes sense.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 18 Mar 2024 - 8:09

Zurn wrote:

Yes. That doesn’t seem very complicated actually.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon 18 Mar 2024 - 8:19

Zurn wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Netanyahu's actions are intended to interfere with out elections.  That is why he allowed Hamas attack to Israel, to create a mud pit for Biden.

Interesting theory.   Netanyahu murdered hundreds of his own people to start a war with Hamas which would hurt the election chances of Biden and help elect Trump, who I've been told is an anti-Semite.  

That makes sense.  

Not sure WTF you are talking about.  

Trump was all in on everything Netanyahu was doing and always has been.

Moving the embassy to a disputed area of Palestine was not the action of someone who hates Netanyahu.

Cheering on the illegal taking of Palestinian land as Trump did was not the action of someone who hates Netanyahu.

Netanyahu loves Trump, everyone but you, apparently, knew that already.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Mon 18 Mar 2024 - 9:19

Trapper Gus wrote:

Here's what I am talking about:

I've been repeatedly told that Trump is an anti-Semite.

Now here you are telling me that the Israeli government is doing everything possible to get an anti-Semite elected.

See any contradiction here?
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon 18 Mar 2024 - 9:24

Zurn wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Here's what I am talking about:

I've been repeatedly told that Trump is an anti-Semite.

Now here you are telling me that the Israeli government is doing everything possible to get an anti-Semite elected.

See any contradiction here?  

That you are stupid enough to not understand the difference between a flaming racist who wants to murder millions of minorities who also was all in on a Zionist state murdering millions of minorities and a antizionist?

edit - a piece of advice, you would be better off on this board if you would stop posting "kick me, please" posts stating "what I've been told"
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 18 Mar 2024 - 12:37

I’m not sure how calling for something Israelis have done multiple times n their history is “interfering” in something.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Mon 18 Mar 2024 - 15:07

Trapper Gus wrote:

edit - a piece of advice, you would be better off on this board if you would stop posting "kick me, please" posts stating "what I've been told"

So Trump isn't an anti-Semite? You guys need to get your story straight.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 18 Mar 2024 - 19:01

Trump is whoever he needs to be depending on who he’s standing front of.  He appeals to people prejudices. Those type of people are just to dumb to know they’re being played. 

He can call NFL players son of a bitches in one breath, then in the next say they like him because of his rap sheet. And if polling is correct he’ll gain votes in that category. America is a stupid country.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

InTenSity and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 8:03

Zurn wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

So Trump isn't an anti-Semite? You guys need to get your story straight.

Kick ... kick ... kick ...

Trump is a confused dementated out of shape old man who tried to destroy our country in his last term and would do the same if he wins another term. Anyone who votes for him is voting the turn the country and the globe back over to only the wealthy and against anything other than slavery (either "wage slavery" al la Marx, or actual slavery in some places) for the rest of the population.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 8:42

Trapper Gus wrote:

Trump is a confused dementated out of shape old man who tried to destroy our country in his last term and would do the same if he wins another term. Anyone who votes for him is voting the turn the country and the globe back over to only the wealthy and against anything other than slavery (either "wage slavery" al la Marx, or actual slavery in some places) for the rest of the population.

I was just asking if you guys still claim that Trump is a raging anti-Semite. Funny rant though.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 8:49

Zurn wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Trump is a confused dementated out of shape old man who tried to destroy our country in his last term and would do the same if he wins another term.  Anyone who votes for him is voting the turn the country and the globe back over to only the wealthy and against anything other than slavery (either "wage slavery" al la Marx, or actual slavery in some places) for the rest of the population.

I was just asking if you guys still claim that Trump is a raging anti-Semite.   Funny rant though.  

So, since you are too obtuse to understand a simple fact, Trump is "a leaf blowing in the wind."  Some day's he is anti-sematic "out loud" some days he keeps it to himself.  He loves himself some Netanyahu for the same reason he loves Putin, they project the "tough guy" persona he wishes he was, which has nothing to do with his small minded racial & ethnic hatred of all things that don't worship Hitler's beliefs.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 9:29

There have been some posts tagging the Palestinians regarding the "two state" solution, when in fact the government of Israel, has for years been strongly against it...

Thomas Friedman of The New York Times wrote:The short answer is that America’s entire Middle East strategy right now — and, I would argue, Israel’s long-term interests — depends on Israel partnering with the non-Hamas Palestinian Authority based in Ramallah, in the West Bank, on the long-term development needs of Palestinians and, ultimately, on a two-state solution. And Netanyahu has expressly ruled that out, along with any other fully formed plan for the morning after in Gaza.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 15:49

Trapper Gus wrote:

Some day's he is anti-sematic "out loud" some days he keeps it to himself.

So he is an anti-Semite.

You guys want to be so obtuse on this question.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 15:57

Zurn wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

So he is an anti-Semite.

yes.

he's also a convicted rapist.

and a racist, bigot. Christian. All the bad things.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 16:26

Zurn wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

So he is an anti-Semite.  

But loves Israel's current government...

He probably is all in on cleansing all that valuable Gaza real estate...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/19/jared-kushner-gaza-waterfront-property-israel-negev
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 18:41

My wife filed our taxes the other day and goes, "okay.. we're all paid up on the genocide".

The sad part is that at least with Biden and the Democrats, she and our daughter still have some rights to their health, their bodies.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 8:31

Trapper Gus wrote:
Zurn wrote:

So he is an anti-Semite.  

So he IS an anti-Semite but loves the government of the only Jewish state on the planet.

That's the kind of thought process I would expect from an old guy who thinks the nominal GDP is adjusted for inflation.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 8:33

Zurn wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

So he IS an anti-Semite but loves the government of the only Jewish state on the planet.

That's the kind of thought process I would expect from an old guy who thinks the nominal GDP is adjusted for inflation.

Trump believes that too? Must be what he thinks the economy is in that gold plated thing in his washroom.

Except he really believes and didn't just make a dumb mistake on a message board.

When are you going to admit that the real GDP growth during Biden's term has been good, kid.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 8:35; edited 2 times in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 8:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:My wife filed our taxes the other day and goes, "okay.. we're all paid up on the genocide".

She said that when recording your contribution to Planned Parenthood.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 8:34

Trapper Gus wrote:

trump believes that too, must be what he thinks the economy is in that gold plated thing in his washroom.

Old guys do seem to spend a lot of time in the bathroom.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 8:36

Zurn wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

trump believes that too, must be what he thinks the economy is in that gold plated thing in his washroom.

Old guys do seem to spend a lot of time in the bathroom.

Don't knock it until you have tried it, kid, oh and it is time to change your Depends.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 9:57

Zurn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:My wife filed our taxes the other day and goes, "okay.. we're all paid up on the genocide".

She said that when recording your contribution to Planned Parenthood.
heck yeah - I know it's weird for christian dudes like you to allow women to develop their own thoughts and have control over their own bodies.. but, yeah, pretty sure she donates to Planned Parenthood and our daughter has used their services, as well.

in fact, when in undergrad, I'm pretty sure my wife (then girlfriend) utilized the services that Planned Parenthood provides.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next